PDA

View Full Version : Crazy amount of kills

Firstandonly14
18-06-2006, 04:15
Today I played as Dark Angels. My master took down 660 points all by himself. Does anyone else have a model that has achieved great feets like that?

Da Reddaneks
18-06-2006, 04:35
closest was a rocket launcher shot that crippled a Warhound Titan. The rocket didnt destroy it but the one shot did two structure points of damage and took out one of its primary weapons. it was a long time ago so i am not really sure but i know the titan was pretty much crippled and was an easy mark after that.

also had a lone grot that won a fight against a terminator. in a point ratio percentage comparison that might be comparable to your win.

starlight
18-06-2006, 05:13
3rd Ed rules.

One Ord hit Pens an Ork Dread - 6's all the way.:cries: The exploding Dread took out almost three full packed in units and created an massive hole in our lines.:(

froo
18-06-2006, 05:18
16 grots + slaver taking out 6 swooping hawks with exarch from shooting in a single round.. thats probably comparable too

paddyalexander
18-06-2006, 05:21
Once the Railgun on one of my Hammerheads destroyed a Dark Eldar Raider, killed most of the HQ unit that it was carrying and also wiped out half of a Warrior squad & a Wytch squad whom got caught in the explosion & fell back off of the table. This was the second shot of the first turn of that game. To my opponents credit he played on and managed to pull off a draw.

My ork bikes once credited themselves with over a quater of my friends tyranids as well (one termaguant squad, one hormagaunt squad, half a genestealer squad & two Warriors). And people say that Ork bikes are useless :)

Firstandonly14
18-06-2006, 05:27
wow all of these are great so far! Very nice

adreal
18-06-2006, 06:25
nothing to fancy, just a wormguant squad that exils at killing marines of all shapes and flavours

DantesInferno
18-06-2006, 06:26
2 Death Company Marines (without power weapons or fists, drawn from tactical squads).

They charge into 3 Rangers, kill two, then one dies to the retaliation.

Over subsequent turns, the lone DC marine kills (or causes to flee off table): the remaining Ranger, two 20 man Guardian squads with heavy weapons (overrun), another smaller Guardian squad (~10 man), a 5 man squad of Dark Reapers with Exarch.

The killing spree is brought to an end by a firing squad of Wraithguard.

tuebor
18-06-2006, 06:52
Two things

I had an IG Heroic Senior Officer with a power sword kill 6 Chaos Marines in a game in 3rd edition. I also used a Sentinel to charge a unit of Crisis Suits, and it was penetrated and exploded, causing 3 wounds all of which were failed. One of the suits was already down a wound, so he ended up taking 2 suits with him.

Sekhmet
18-06-2006, 07:00
Yes, my 300 pt Deceiver wiped out about 800 pts of WH stuff. He took 2 wounds too but had 3 left so it's all good. :D

ss_cherubael
18-06-2006, 08:06
My commissar who is about 80pts has a habit of knocking off any characters that come his way and the occasional trooper. he usually starts the day by killing the commanding officer of the squad for a failed morale check and then finds the black templar marshal in termi armour maxed out with goodies and decapitates him, before munching through a demon prince or two for lunch. in all seriousness this guy is very frakking scary he rolls more fives and sixes to wound than myself or anyone in my group has seen!

Insane Psychopath
18-06-2006, 08:33
My Chaos Lord, or should I say Warsmith :D He took out 562 worth of VP/units & the funny thing being he killed himselg by fail master test :eek:

The list was

Assassin with C'tan knife
Guards Heavy Bolter squads
2x 10 man Guard squads
1x Strom Trooper squads (10 man strong)
A tank

There maybe a few more, but can't rememeber (fargile from a party last night)

IP

Sareld
18-06-2006, 12:01
Im not too familiar with marines and their point costs, but I have had my archon destroy 3 6-man plasma cannon/plasma gun tactical squads and a few assault marines that were guarding the chaplain in just one assault phase, and in the next assault phase he finished of the vet sarge and the chaplain himself. I dont think that it is near 660 points, but it is the best my HQ have ever done for mi in such a short amount of time.

I have also had a few good lance shots, especially against land raiders. One time, I annihalated a GK LRC containing the enemy HQ in round one, before it even got to move.. nasty.

Wraithbored
18-06-2006, 12:08
Well the most gruesome ammount of kills was my Wraithguard hitting a Gargantuan Squiggoth and instasending it to the warp....It also carried at least 10 orks. That one was horrible indeed.

Commander X
18-06-2006, 12:12
A unit of Khorne Berzerkers charging straight into an Imperial Guard army (the kind with the close combat doctrines) catching two units. The next turn four other Guard squads charge in to avoid being charged the next turn. I know Guardsmen are cheap, but that was quite an insane number of kills.

The only other thing that tends to tear apart much more than it costs are my normal CSM with Missile Launchers. No armour has survived them to this day. :)

ArtificerArmour
18-06-2006, 12:13
My basilisk continually blows chunks in my opponants lines, wiping it his entire troops selection, then a battlesuit and an unfortuate ethereal who was 6 inches away from the hammerhead I was aiming for.

Death_walks
18-06-2006, 12:19
i was playing eldar and was turn 3. half my army was already destroyed. this 7 men Scorpion squad got pissed off and took aout a 8men choas terminator squad in one assault (without casualties). next turn the exarch of that squad took out a land raider. turn 5 my now 6 squad scorpions (1 died from the exploding LR) whiped out his HQ and retinue. turn 6 3men scorpions squad (damaged by the HQ) destroyed a nearby 6 men havoc unit. Think this is more then 600. but these guys won me my game. :) of course the falcon saved them in turn 2 beacause it destroyed the defieler but got blown up turn 3.

Kamin_Majere
18-06-2006, 12:25
I had a Wraith Guard kill a 720 point Deamon Prince once.

In the kids defence he didnt know your not able to take demonic mutation 15ish times, or things like that. though the T10 and like 400 attacks was pretty scary to look at on paper.

Still a 35 point wraith guard ((demon prince missed charge range by 2 inches)) got the wraith cannon 6 and for some reason out of 720ish points spent the kid didnt buy an inv save.:confused:

Skyth
18-06-2006, 12:41
My Daemon Prince once took out a 10 man scout squad. While doing this, he was charged by a chaplain, and a bit later, a 10 man tactical squad. Only the Daemon Prince walked away from that. He got 5 kills per turn on the tactical squad. He then went on to kill a terminator librarian, and I forget what else.

Still learning
18-06-2006, 12:57
lol kind of wrong game, but an empire cannon shooting an ork and goblin chief (don't know the name, this didn't happen to me) then the whole army takes a marale check and fails

one by one they all fall of the table.

Overlord Krycis
18-06-2006, 13:01
My Autocannon-toting Havoc squad...
Two Predators, a Whirlwind, a tactical squad, a chaplain and what was left of my opponent's assault squad. All in one game.
The downside of this is that I didn't really do any damage with the rest of my army.
Mmmm...Autocannons...the great equalizer...:D

Dark raider
18-06-2006, 13:18
Once my predator knocked out an ork dreadnought,a truck,5 boys who were in it,then 2 warbuggies and then it then it got charged by an ork warboss who blew it up but he died in the blast:D

Kriegsherr
18-06-2006, 14:13
A Battlewagon, that after having his crew shaken for the first two turns, rolled forward, took out a Hellhound AND a Leman Russ and taking about 16-17 Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Battlecannon and Earthshaker shoots before he exploded in a spectacular explosion.

Way to go boyz! Waaagh!

Warboss Grimmtoof
18-06-2006, 14:17
VS Tau. Fire warriors open fire on last remaining unit, a unit of grots. They kill all but one. The lone grot passes his morale check, than charges into the unit of fire warriors, killing enough to make them run away, off the table edge! He than managed to kill an etheral, winning me the game, by a whole 3 points.:D

Da Reddaneks
18-06-2006, 14:19
Well the most gruesome ammount of kills was my Wraithguard hitting a Gargantuan Squiggoth and instasending it to the warp....It also carried at least 10 orks. That one was horrible indeed.
yes, that is horriable. that poor squiggoth never did anything to you. That squiggoth had a mother you know.

and i have had far worse casualties inflicted on me that i have ever inflicted on anyone else.

(1) Battlwagon w/ 20 scarboyz: Other guy gets first move. his first shot is an ordinance round into my battlewagon. anniliation result killing everyone on board and then the 6" explosion killed a whole bunch more orks who were around it. i probably lost somewhere aroudn 35 models with that one shot.

(2) Battlewagon w/ 20 scarboyz: destroyed and no place to bail out. (i dont use battlewagons anymore. battlewagons are too fragile for what they cost)

(3) A squad of strength 5 Madboyz that failed a disturbed behavior roll and then broke out in a big fight killing 13 of them. I rolled Magnificently (or horribly depending on your view). this qualifies because the other guy had to commit nothing to take out 13 of my guys.

(4) But i think my favorite, as it was such an orky moment, was my looted basilisk failing its dont press that roll lurching forward into a squad of my own boyz. i (being a good ork and knowing that no nob would ever dodge out of the way) declared tank shock on my own unit. i then declared death or glory with my nob. My nob smashed my own 128 point basilisk blowing it to bits. the explosion took out a couple of the boys in the squad that got tank shocked too. Once again opponent had to commit nothing to take out 4 or 5 boys and a basilisk.

Brush your teeth
18-06-2006, 14:25
dark angels special librarian (cant remember its name) causing two command units and 3 infantry squads of my guard to flee of the board. points wise though i dont have a clue.

boogle
18-06-2006, 14:35
the single Scarab Swarm base that took down a Warhound wins everytime for me, but i've had good results with blowing up vehicles and taking stuff out with the blast

Firstandonly14
18-06-2006, 14:53
Thought I would go ahead and say what my grand master killed. This is all single handedly, no help. 6 necron warriors, one obliterator (allied chaos) one jacked necron lord, and ten immortals. He called the game before he could charge into the next unit of warriors though. Oh well, he survived to tell the tale :D

IJW
18-06-2006, 15:12
Going waaaaay back to late 1st ed. -

Turn 1: 10,000pts of genestealers cult army deploy on the table - possessed patriarchs, stretch limos and all. 5,000pts of Grey Knight terminators (back when they were all super-psykers) teleport in. By the end of the turn, the table contains 5,000pts of GKs and 5,000pts of genestealer cult.

By the end of turn two, there was a single possessed patriarch being chased around the table by the remaining twelve GKs. Boy, that thing could run fast!

Ian

Killgore
18-06-2006, 15:43
Barohoth the swoopinghawk pheonix lord

that bugger killed so much of my Chaos army in one game, destroying whole squads in close combat and even sent my poor BloodThirster back to the warp by firing his special LASBLASTER of all things at it and taking of the last 2 wounds

froo
18-06-2006, 16:11
Another good one I've done was in 2 seperate games vs a guy I regularly game against at our club (he plays Iron Warriors, I play Eldar of various types)

In one, a unit of 6 warp spiders took out a vindicator, then defiler, then basilisk.

Next game we played, the same 6 warp spiders took out his vindicator, then defiler and warped up behind his basilisk in the corner of the table

Instead of a forgone conclusion, he turned his basilisk and direct fired at the warp spiders, scattered and basically self destructed when the shell landed on the basilisk that fired.

Good times :D

Railgunner
18-06-2006, 16:18
My librarian taking down the whole of a sisters of battle army apart from a squad of seraphim.:evilgrin:

Railgunner

ghost hunter
18-06-2006, 16:31
My friends vindicator firing at point blanc range at a land raider crusader killing it and halk the people inside then it flipped onto a unit of sword bretheran killing half of them

red_drake
18-06-2006, 18:25
one time long ago had 2 warp spiders kill a vindacator off of 2 glances

noter time just reacently i hade a small squad of fire dragons take down a bane blade 1 glance, got a 6 then 6 then 6 then 3 and it died. :D good fun

Mad Doc Grotsnik
18-06-2006, 18:34
Hmmm...lets see....

Warhammer 40,000....

Probably the domino effect against Eldar War Walkers in 2nd Edition. Single Bolt Pistol shot from the soul surviving Blood Claw knacks one pilot. The War Walker topples straight onto it's mate. On that flank were 8 or so War Walkers. I think 1 survived the toppling carnage of doom. The Eldar players were so incensed they sent the Avatar to sort out the Blood Claw!

Warhammer Fantasy....

Not so long ago, my 78 point Harpy unit, who are ususally disposable annoyances, managed to defeat a unit of 29 Orc Big'Uns with Level 4 Shaman. They'd failed a Terror test from the Dragon, and when the Harpies charged, couldn't outrun their 20" charge reach! Not a bad result...604 or so points, for no loss to the offending unit!. They killed a few more things before getting nobbled by a Fanatic! Good game though!

Titan Legions....

Single Grot stand fires out of spite at an Imperator Titan. Titan owner forgot to power his shields. Shot aims for rear Plasma Reactor. Dead on. Double 1 for save, 6 for Damage....one slagged Titan! Grots sadly perish in ensuing Plasma Reactor Meltdown :(

Necromunda...

Juve gets podded by a Krak grenade from Cades heavy. Juve is on top of 9" high building. Juve crawls off edge, hitting Cades nuts hard Goliath leader at the bottom. Leader dies, Juve doesn't even take a wound. Not a bad result either!

zealousheretic
18-06-2006, 18:35
My Hive Tyrant in a 4-way carnage game.

He killed a Tau command suit with drones and bodyguards, a Lord of Change, and something like 16 Thousand Sons marines. I'd never been so glad I took Implant Attack.

In a different game, my Lictor was a terrifying death machine. His kill count:
8-strong gun drone unit (killed a few and ran the rest down)
6 Stealth Suits and their 2 gun drones (killed 3, ran the rest down)
3 Fire Warriors
1 Ethereal

Destris
18-06-2006, 18:37
Space Marine captain with powerfist taking out 800 odd points of necrons and only suffering one wound :p

Great Harlequin
18-06-2006, 18:43
My Howling Banshees have to hold my personal record for the most kills in one game.

It was a desperate struggle against a Deathwing army, and I needed to sacrifice a unit in order that I could remobilise my forces into a firebase which would be able to paste the Terminators without being bogged down in an assault.

This Howling Banshee squad took down a full squad of six with ease, and consolidated into the Librarian and his retinue. In this assault the Librarian fluffed his attacks, and again my Exarch and her companions managed to butcher another six man strong unit (and three wounds for the Librarian)! It was starting to get a little silly - so I thought, why not? I assaulted the rear of an immobilised Dreadnaught, who was promptly punctured by an Executioner and was blown to pieces.

My opponent's face simply drained, as this unit then went to surround the hatches of a Land Raider whilst a Wraithlord pummeled it to pieces, thus killing yet another squad as they had no escape. :D

I almost felt sorry for him, almost. ;)

EDIT: I ought to total the points, maybe later.

Luna de hierro
18-06-2006, 18:50
Once upon a time... in a crazy game my space wolves explorers came out from behind the TAU enemy lines and assaulted his Broadside Battlesuit unit, won the fight and made him flee off the table, assaulted again... won, assaulted again... won. Canīt remember how many points they killed before they were killed but it was about 500 or more... iīm talking about 5 guys with 2 plasma guns and 2 power weapons, coast = 110 points.

Grand Master Raziel
18-06-2006, 18:59
Well, when I used Dark Angels rules for my chapter (pre 4th-ed), my favorite HQ choice was a Grand Master with Terminator Armor, the Sword of Secrets, and a storm bolter. Nice and simple, and cheap for what he did: 130 points or so. Anyhow, I took him to one of those big Imperium-vs-Chaos mega battles, and put him and his three squads in the center of the table because it looked like the center of the table needed beefing up. So, the game proceeds. Over the wall he and his squad go, and he lays into Plague Marines like Sauron into the elves and men in the opening scene in The Fellowship of the Ring. Kills 4 of them in the first turn of combat alone.

More impressive was a game that I fielded him vs Necrons. I deep strike him in close to the Necron lines with a squad of Terminators. The Necron player pours on the firepower, kills the squad, and he suffers two wounds. I then have him charge the Necron Lord. Kills the Necron Lord. Then, he charged a unit of Immortals, and kills them. Meanwhile, the Lord got back up courtesy of the Orb of Resurrection, so my Grand Master charges and kills him again, finally forcing a phase-out.

bloodlust
18-06-2006, 19:09
As far as my personal records go, a single 5-man squad of possessed Word Bearer marines (with d. mutation, and an aspiring champion with p.fist/bolt pistol) took down at least 3/4 of my friend's Lost and the Damned army.

As soon as they got into combat with his allied plague marines, they won combat, and got the highest possible sweeping advance roll. They overran, and were swept into combat with a 25-strong squad of Nurgle mutants. Which they also proceeded to furiously paste in combat. And overrun them. With the highest sweeping advance roll. Somehow, I managed to pass every single armor save he threw at me and eliminated nearly everything except for his Leman Russ and HQ in the matter of 3 turns or so.

acme2468
18-06-2006, 19:12
Well I'll never forget the time I was facing IG with my orks and we rolled Night fight. My Buggy Squadron (2 Twinlinked bigshootas and one Skorcha) killed 3/4 of his army. He'd roll to spot them, fail, then I'd roar up and DAKKA DAKKA WOOOSH that squads gone, roll to spot, fail Vroom DAKKA DAKKA WOOOSH ....

Cordolf
18-06-2006, 19:29
For my army it was a mars pattern sentinel killing a deamon prince in HtH. It went like this I had shoot off all but one wound on the prince so the chaos played desided that to keep him safe he would charge my one sentinel, kill it and consolidate into one of my other squads. So there it was 200 +pts of evil running at the sentinel and then 10 rolls of one it was over. 8 rolls made at once and all 1 my sent hits back rolls a 6 to hit and a 6 to wound. The prince then roll a 1 for its armour sv and then a 1 for fell no pain and it dropped like a sack of hammers. But then sentinel did die next trun felled by a bolt pistol with 3 rolls of six.

McGonigle
18-06-2006, 19:45
My best example of this happens to be a scenario we played. To see what my new tau (Which I was woefully short of a new army played like we set them up as an earlier threat to give us something to focus on while my orks crossed the huge board.

12 Firewarriors and 2 Gune Drones
Decimated a terminator squad in close combat
Then destroyed the Land Raider
The Vindicator
The Predator
The Rhino (And sqaud in it by covering the exits)
In the end he was left with 2 tactical squads and gave in, before the Ork army had even arrived.

Crassus
18-06-2006, 20:52
One Space Marine taking out 5 warp beasts and 3 reaver jet bikes by winning a combat and running them down

AventineCrusader
18-06-2006, 22:58
In a touney a few weeks ago my Daemon Prince, configured thusly,

Daemon Prince Quentis Augustine Alphonis, Chainfist, Terminator Armour, Spiky Bitz, Ether Lance, Daemonic Rune, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Essence 225

took out 2 lascannon/missle dreads, two predator destructors and half of a ten man tactical squad. Needless to say it won me the game...

Crusader:D

Eduard
19-06-2006, 12:12
My friend had a Lone Voxcaster trooper charge my 20 woman strong sister squad. He kills a sister, My sisters apperantly fail to hit him because of his charming looks. The end result, My sisters fail their morale check and try to run away (Try being the keyword there).
The end result: Guardsman vs SoB
20 : 0