PDA

View Full Version : the new possessed

hiram
18-06-2006, 04:16
look like butt...
Why oh why can we come up with good gaurd, neat choas termi lords and fantastic city stuff but then put out models that look like that?

Where was mark harrison for these buggers?

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Shaper Shakra
18-06-2006, 04:19
Yeah...don't know what GW was thinking. I can probably convert better models than those. :P

Firstandonly14
18-06-2006, 04:23
Agreed, they just look like I dunno crap. Hate them. Ugly as crap even for chaos marines ;)

Warboss Grimmtoof
18-06-2006, 04:27
:wtf: I think I have a better chance of my opponent letting me use dried puke mounted on bases than these models. They are seriously horrible and should be taken outside the store and punted across the street.:mad:

When Black Roses Bloom
18-06-2006, 07:38
The one with the big horns and the claw like hand looks like he's about to recite Shakespearean quotations...

Madfool2
18-06-2006, 09:37
We have the plastic mutation sprue for a reason, and it has been made.

lord_blackfang
18-06-2006, 10:31
Why does someone feel the need to bring the Possessed up every single day? We've all seen them, we've all posted how crap they are a dozen times.

NEXT TOPIC, SIR :mad:

Lastie
18-06-2006, 11:59
I feel there's a need to repeatedly state how ugly these models are until GW takes notice and pulls them off the shelves.

I think there's some high hopes there.

Sir_Turalyon
18-06-2006, 12:12
Almost as bad as Vostryans... Posessed should be left for player to convert anyway, like guard veteran squads. Most of these models could be made from plastic squad with mutatuion sprue - most primitive "conersion" availiable - anyway.

sigur
18-06-2006, 12:25
Yup, on top of that, possessed are not really one of the most popular choices in the CSM list. They and Lucius really look bad(x2) which funnily is SO 3rd edition in my opinion.;) Rushed jobs for miniatures that aren't expected to sell really well.

@Lastie: GW won't take those off the shelves any time near in the future. Did they take Cpt.Cortez off the shelves for at least 4 years?

Ironhand
18-06-2006, 13:14
Lucius doesn't look all that bad, and at least the model fits the fluff description of the character and is in an interesting pose.

The Possessed have nothing to recommend them - they're badly sculpted and the poses stink.

boogle
18-06-2006, 14:46
Almost as bad as Vostryans... Posessed should be left for player to convert anyway, like guard veteran squads. Most of these models could be made from plastic squad with mutatuion sprue - most primitive "conersion" availiable - anyway.
Dunno what a lot of people have against the Vostroyans, is it just the hats or what?

sigur
18-06-2006, 15:01
Maybe it's the overly stylized "steampunk" look.

boogle
18-06-2006, 15:03
hmm, i'vejust had a thought, they might actually be the same size as the Khador models, so i might be able to use some of them as Hardened Veterans

hiram
18-06-2006, 15:36
Why does someone feel the need to bring the Possessed up every single day? We've all seen them, we've all posted how crap they are a dozen times.

NEXT TOPIC, SIR :mad:

I didn't see any on the first page, so have a good day sir!

Serios though I work for GW and don't want these in my shop they look really bad and honestly I don't know how I will make these interesting to a slug let alone cutomers.

Killgore
18-06-2006, 15:39
only model out of the new possessed that I liked was the chappie with the powerfist

one chaos model would fit in real well with these new possessed, and thats the old limited edition Chaos Aspiring Champion that got released with the Chaos armybox- it looked terrible.

Kriegsherr
18-06-2006, 17:29
I for my part like the vosts. Even as an ork player I had to get some as inducted squads for my "dormant" SoB army... one day I shall retire from my ork nature for some weeks and paint them up in the Sisters colors.

The vosts are exactly how I see imperial guard soldiers. Not the Starship Troopers ripoffs that are the Cadians.

The possessed. Well, everything has been said about them now. My opinion of them hasn't changed. Though I still like to know how they could slip through QA. Or isn't there anything like a Quality Control in GW?

Lastie
18-06-2006, 17:35
@Lastie: GW won't take those off the shelves any time near in the future. Did they take Cpt.Cortez off the shelves for at least 4 years?

As I said, high hopes. There's a greater chance of England winning the world cup than there is of GW admitting they've made some crappy models (I'm English BTW).