PDA

View Full Version : WFB table - finally finished - PICS

75hastings69
18-06-2006, 15:53
Here is my WFB table finally finished.......

75hastings69
18-06-2006, 15:55
and here.......

75hastings69
18-06-2006, 15:56
lastly.....

75hastings69
18-06-2006, 15:57
Tiles are (partially)modular, and there are a few more of them. The idea was a WFB board themed around my favourite WFB armies Brettonians and BoC. Hope you guys like it (sorry about my pretty crap photography).

Cheers,

Steve

Orcdom
18-06-2006, 16:09
looks pretty good, and i hope you have some forest tiles as well rather than just the few sparse trees.

and WHFB lack of terrain is the only thing i dont like about the game. i know too much adn the game gets in real trouble but 40K you can have soo much more fun with terrain.

Steve

75hastings69
18-06-2006, 16:23
Yeah I have a load of trees on bases, I only put those in for the pictures as it looked pretty bare. i have to take them out for ease of storage though (god only knows that the herdstone and tower tiles are hard enough to store already without loads of easily breakable trees!!!).

Steve

Orcdom
18-06-2006, 16:41
you should have made the herd stone sorta modular. like recessed bases in a display tray. make the stone to fit in a socket and a small rock our cairn or something to replace it. that way for storage and change of scenery.

check out the Mordheim table thread, i think its tkitch or somone close to that name started and made a storage rack for modular tables. i have a battlescapes modular grasslands table and plan to get some masonite cut to fit the bottom of the squares and make the storage rack like his for myself.

Steve

Kotobuki
18-06-2006, 17:39
That table is beautiful. How does the undulating ground work with the movement trays and stuff? Not too much of a hassle, is it?

Destris
18-06-2006, 17:44
WOW thatz cool. Wish i could be bothered to do that..

HiredSword.
18-06-2006, 18:03
i like the board, nice to see undulating hills to break up those flat areas, what extra terrain have you got that is moveable (i.e. any trees, buildings etc.?)

Other than that, it's a very nice board, all i can suggest is that with skills like you've got that you should try more ambitious projects and perhaps look at different examples of landscapes to make your board even more realistic.

75hastings69
18-06-2006, 18:26
what extra terrain have you got that is moveable (i.e. any trees, buildings etc.?)

I have some trees that are mounted on round 40k bases, as well as some of the Forgeworld village peices.

icebergman
18-06-2006, 19:30
Awesome board man!! I also agree with Orcdom about making the herd stone modular, it would have made storage a lot easier.

Orcdom
18-06-2006, 19:32
thats why the crane and the water tower were made removeable on our table was for storage.

Steve

Alex Under
19-06-2006, 09:26
Brilliant! Love the curtains, they match the wooden flooring nicely! :D

Now seriously, I'm thinking of taking a trip to N.Ireland just to game on it! The herd stone is brilliant and I like the fact that you haven't over done it.

The boyz
19-06-2006, 10:17
Wow 75hastings69, that is one fantastic looking board. I love it. I really like the river, the water looks very realistic. I also like the the bridge. My favourite part of the board though has to be the Herdstone, that thing looks great. I like all the various trophys and bits of gubbinz proped up against the herdstone. A truly great looking board, good job.:)

CaputMortuum
19-06-2006, 11:36
That's one gorgeous board.
The river is ace and the mill house and the bridge look great. And the cartwheel road looks really realistic too. But what really catches the eye is the herd stone with all the trophys. I really appreciate how you've taken your time and painted all the trophys to a high standard, yet they still don't jump out as the overall level of detail is so high. Kudos!

caput

spikedog
19-06-2006, 13:14
Beautiful board, simple but yet looks like it would be a pleasure to play on.

It is a welcome release to see a fantasy board on here instead of cityfight. (Not that I mind cityfight but you know what I mean)