PDA

View Full Version : Who would win, fire warriors or vostroyans???????????????

Green Shine e Lemon
20-06-2006, 03:47
I was wondering who would win in a fight. A squad of 12 fire warriors or a squad of vostroyans with a flamer with a bolter or mortar. because they almost have the same amount of points. Who do you think would win and why.

devolutionary
20-06-2006, 04:28
Ahh yes the wastes. One day I will return to resume my general lack of respect for the place. Woo woO!

*misses his custom title*

As to the post, Vostroyans have bionics and carapace. In general, they are fairly hard. Harder than Fire Warriors? Nope. FWs will paste em. When you get in to the realm of 300 points of infantry, then it starts to get more interesting.

Mantan
20-06-2006, 04:30
1: Vostroyans are cooler, so they win just by posing.

2: Your sig. You "surve" your country? Is this an intentional typo or do you not know how to spell the word?

Khaine's Messenger
20-06-2006, 04:30
In a straight up fight between a squad of firewarriors and a squad of Imperial Guardsmen, I would personally put it up to the guardsmen gaining substantial ground regardless of the ultimate victor, mainly because the Tau depend on combined arms between units and significantly lack squad-based weapons that make other races' line troopers "unexpectedly" deadly. The Tau would most likely win through carefully placed volume of fire, and the statistics are with them there to a certain extent so long as they are able to maneuver....

Really, I suppose it just depends if you're talking "stand and deliver" or not. ;)

Johnny Bravo
20-06-2006, 05:10
Multiple question marks, surely the sign of a diseased mind. :D

atree
20-06-2006, 06:41
well the last tau vs gurad meat grinder my tau suqad killed 3 guard suads for evey tau squad I had

Still learning
20-06-2006, 09:10
yeah but for every tau squad you had they probly had 4 or 5 guard squads lol

sigur
20-06-2006, 09:11
Using multiple question marks doesn't make you look quite mature and people don't take your questions serious as you see. Proper English wins against 15 question marks.

Also, the question is not one of the best ones, I have to admit.

Tarquinn
20-06-2006, 09:20
I think the title needs more question marks. Actually, remove all letters and replace them with question marks. That should do.

Gen.Steiner
20-06-2006, 10:02
Guard win. Especially if they have a dug-in heavy bolter. :D

Against a heavy bolter, the Tau are...
Outranged? Check.
Unprotected? Check.
Outgunned? Check.
Forced to advance? Check.
Going to die? Check.

And don't forget, Vostroyans have a 4+ save, which they can use against the Tau pulse weaponry.

And then, in close combat, the Vostroyans'll wipe the floor with those upstart bluenoses.

---------------

Question marks - use one, no more, no less, when asking a question.

Kriegsherr
20-06-2006, 11:24
I was wondering who would win in a fight. A squad of 12 fire warriors or a squad of vostroyans with a flamer with a bolter or mortar. because they almost have the same amount of points. Who do you think would win and why.

the Flamer would win!!! And all others, vosts, FWs and mortar, loose :)

Seriously.... ingame or fluffwise?

TWB
20-06-2006, 12:37
I've just deleted nine severely off topic posts. Keep on topic please.

The Warseer Inquisition

Ironhand
20-06-2006, 13:57
The Firewarriors, because they outrange the Vostroyans, they outarmor the Vostroyans, they outgun the Vostroyans, and finally, because the Vostroyans are some of the ugliest models GW has ever made, and deserve to die. :)

Kriegsherr
20-06-2006, 14:22
The Firewarriors, because they outrange the Vostroyans, they outarmor the Vostroyans, they outgun the Vostroyans, and finally, because the Vostroyans are some of the ugliest models GW has ever made, and deserve to die. :)

outrange - no... reason: For some strange reason, the tau don't supply heavy weapons to their squads, while vosts get it as standart equipment ;)

outarmor - no... reason: They have the same armour. You haven't read the vosts article in WD have you?

outgun - uhm... maybe... don't know. I give this one point

vosts are ugly - no.... reason: I like them. They are what imp soldier should look like IMHO.

so it stands 2:1 for the vosts. :)

Griffin
20-06-2006, 14:45
Vots, are ugly as sin and by definition should win. Oh and the mortar will help too. Besides they can offer the tau vodka and make them drunk and then shoot them when their BS skill is like very low.

OK - all jokes asside, the Heavy bolter, or the mortar should provide the edge to crush the Xenos shouldn't it ? Thats my oppinion anyway.