PDA

View Full Version : forgeworld rules- aquirable one at a time?

||-MARKO-||
20-06-2006, 17:57
ok. im confessing. im now obsessed with the vulture, and have decided to save up an buy one. but i dont think i can save up enough to buy the corresponding IA book, and dont beleive i need all the other 'stuff' in the book much, if not at all.

so, can i get rules for the vulture on their own?

athamas
20-06-2006, 19:47
unlikely, there are illigal coppies around, but maybe one of yout friends has a copy?

also try ebay

CommunistBrother
20-06-2006, 19:52
Not legal, no. Why not have get some friends, put in an order for the things you guys want, and everyone chips in a portion for the book that you can all use for the rules you and your mates just bought?

About the only advice I can offer.

Chem-Dog
20-06-2006, 20:18
Or use the VDR (http://home.freeuk.com/theuk/vdr/) to make one, it shouldn't be too hard, I'd make it a deepstriking skimmer, hovering around blasting stuff :D This way you can use it without having to wrestle with those needlessly complicated flyer rules.

||-MARKO-||
20-06-2006, 20:48
LOL. im gonna look into using it as something from the guard codex, possibly a VERY souped-up leman russ?

EDIT: gah looked into it and its not an option. any other ideas anyone? (P.S, thanks for feedback, youre making my life a lot better easier and nicer :D )

damz451
20-06-2006, 21:24
i had the same problem, i emailed forge world and they said just look at someone elses copy lol, granted i was asking about seing how the units are before buying the book as there is little point spending £50 for the rules of a unit you dont like

athamas
20-06-2006, 21:53
the other thing to do is see if someone has the trial rules, alot of forgeworld stuff comes out as trial rules first, and that can give you an idea as to wehat something will be like!

Scythe
21-06-2006, 09:10
Unlikely tough. The vulture is around for so long that I doubt anyone has the trial rules saved.

boogle
21-06-2006, 10:52
The cheapest way to get the rules for the Vulture are through IA4 which is £32

||-MARKO-||
21-06-2006, 16:42
ok. im a wee bit confused as to what to do now that you guys have given me so many options... ive checked, and none of my friends have ever bought a IA book, as there all lazy and only ge things that have trial rules (the little ...) anyway, if anyone does have the trial rules?

boogle
21-06-2006, 17:20
i don't think so, plus they may well have changed from the published rules

I would strongly suggest you get at least one of the IA books (3 and 4 are the most useful)

||-MARKO-||
21-06-2006, 17:22
yes, but do IA 3 and 4 contain the rules for the vulture etc?

boogle
21-06-2006, 17:24
yes, IA 3 contains that, plus an Army list for the Elysians, as does IA 4 (i have all 4 books and they are well worth the money, 3 does however suffer some very bad grammatical errors)

||-MARKO-||
21-06-2006, 17:30
ok. so how much are they? bear in mind, this is my fist FW purchase so im being extra careful to only buy what i have to buy.

boogle
21-06-2006, 17:36
if you're in the UK,the cheapest is IA4, which is £32 + P&P (or £32 from your local GW store), and wellworth every penny in my opinion, the listing is in the Elysian D-99 army list

Scythe
21-06-2006, 20:25
Of course, you might also look that, if you should buy something from forgeworld again in the future, you have the right book. IA4 might be cheaper, but if you intend more IG tanks from forgeworld somewhere in the future, it might not be the smartest choice on the long run if you are on a tight budget. The vultures rules are in IA 1, 3 and 4.

IA 1 is only about imperial guard vehicles and imperial navy airplanes. However it does include almost every imperial vehicle here, including baneblades, all those leman russ variants etc.

IA 3 contains an Elysian list and so the rules for Vulture/Valkyrie, plus a few imperial vehicles (not much tough). Of course, also all Tau forgeworld models are included.

IA 4 is about the same, only switch Tau for Tyranids.

Check out the forgeworld website for more info about the exact contents on each book.