PDA

View Full Version : Carnage Social 2006

Lavfluris
29-06-2006, 19:14
INTRODUCTION
The Carnage Social is a team based campaign weekend. Each team will comprise of six players who will be fighting over the twelve locations featured on a unique campaign map. The goal of each team is to dominate as much of the campaign map as possible in just five Rounds.

At the start of each Round, a pre-determined Captain from each team will decide into which locations his team will attack. The Carnage Social is designed to ensure every player plays a game in every Round, so there is no fear of anyone sitting out.

The achievement of each Team is worked out by how many locations they control, as each location is worth one Campaign Point.

Also, during the second day of the Carnage Social, four random players will be asked to compete in a Mega Battle. The winner of the Mega Battle will gain five additional Campaign Points.

Entry into the Carnage Social will be limited to twelve players.

INFORMATION PACK AND CAMPAIGN PACK
The Carnage Social revolves around two informative documents that will provide the Entrants with all of the information they require.

The Information Pack will contain information relating to how the campaign will be organised, the Judges and their warning system, the Mega Battle, the Best Army Award and the Best Sportsman Award, as well as other useful bits of information.

The Campaign Pack will contain information relating to the campaign’s background, the permitted armies, a copy of the Campaign Map, details of the various Locations that will be fought other, as well as other useful bits of information.

The Information Pack and Campaign Pack can be downloaded here (http://www.carnage-events.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1).

ARMY SELECTION
For the benefit of those who are interested in the Carnage Social, here are the Army Selection criteria:
• An army must not exceed more than 1500pts in total.
• An army must not use more than one standard Force Organisation chart.
• An army must follow all of the restrictions on army selection within the relevant Codex.
• An army must be chosen from the armies listed in the Campaign Pack.
• An army is limited to the troops specifically permitted by its Codex and allies may not be used. The only exception is that Lost and the Damned armies may use Chaos Space Marine allies. There are no other exceptions to this rule and players turning up with allies will not be permitted to use them. This means that Daemonhunter allies, Witch Hunter allies, Assassins and Deathwatch Space Marines are not permitted in Imperial armies. Kroot Mercenaries are also not permitted. This list does not include every example of allies, so please be aware that no forms of allies are permitted at all.
• An army may be a custom Imperial Guard Regiment or Space Marine Chapter. All miniatures in these armies must be W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G. and all relevant rules should be explained clearly to all opponents during the Warm-up period before each Round. If you are using a named Imperial Guard Regiment or Space Marine Chapter with Doctrines or Traits already defined in the relevant Codex, then you must use these defined Doctrines or Traits.
• A player who invents their own Space Marine Chapter, Imperial Guard Regiment or uses an otherwise unrecognised Games Workshop army is at liberty to use any appropriate Codex to represent it. All miniatures in these armies must be W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G. and all relevant rules should be explained clearly to all opponents during the Warm-up period before each Round. Players may not use miniatures that represent one recognised Games Workshop army whilst using the Codex of another recognised Games Workshop army.
• All miniatures must be painted with at least three different colours. Players must notify a Judge if their opponent is attempting to use miniatures that do not meet these minimal requirements. Miniatures that are not painted to these requirements are not permitted and must be removed. Failure to remove unpainted miniatures or use them again in later Rounds is considered a Yellow Card offence.
• All miniatures used must be Citadel or ForgeWorld miniatures. Miniatures that are entirely non-Citadel or ForgeWorld or contain a majority of non-Citadel or non-ForgeWorld components are not permitted and will be removed in the same way as unpainted miniatures.
• Conversions must begin as and contain a majority of Citadel or ForgeWorld components.
• Weapons, wargear and upgrades must be shown on the majority of miniatures in a unit.
• Special characters may not be fielded.
• Vehicles and units detailed in ForgeWorld’s Imperial Armour series may be used with the exception of miniatures and units which use the Flyer, Mass Point and Structure Point special rules. Vehicles and units that use these special rules are not permitted. In addition, An’ggrath the Unbound may not be fielded.
• When multiple versions of a rule or Codex exist, the most recent version will be used, providing that it was published at least one month prior to the Carnage Social.
• All downloadable errata that has been published on Games Workshop’s website is in effect. Please refer to the Games Workshop errata website by clicking here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/).

PERMITTED ARMIES
For the benefit of those who are interested in the Carnage Social, here are the permitted Imperial Armies:
Space Marines - Codex: Space Marines. All Chapters may be used.
Black Templars - Codex: Black Templars.
Blood Angels - Codex: Space Marines and Codex: Blood Angels.
Dark Angels - Codex: Space Marines and Codex: Dark Angels (Second Edition).
Space Wolves - Codex: Space Marines and Codex: Space Wolves.
Imperial Guard - Codex: Imperial Guard. All Regiments may be used.

For the benefit of those who are interested in the Carnage Social, here are the permitted Chaos Armies:
Chaos Space Marines - Codex: Chaos Space Marines. All Legions may be used.
Imperial Guard - Codex: Imperial Guard. All Regiments may be used.
Lost and the Damned - Codex: Chaos Space Marines and Codex: Eye of Terror.

ENTRY
Entry to the Carnage Social 2006 is now closed.

ENLISTED PLAYERS
As of 29/08/06, the enlisted Chaos players are as follows:
01 - Marcus Hawkesford
02 - Alex Mason
03 - Graham Apperley
04 - Christopher Apperley
05 - Graeme Silcock
06 - Gus O'Connor

As of 29/08/06, the enlisted Imperial players are as follows:
07 - Paul Cook
08 - Daniel Smith
09 - Richard Milson
10 - Luke Mason
11 - Joel Pitt
12 - Kevin Cochrane

Please use this thread to register your interest, pass comment, or to arrange accommodation with other WarSeer members.

cookiescrumble
29-06-2006, 20:11
I'll be going along with my IG, don't know what side i'll be fighting on though, depends on numbers.

Anyone going to pop along to the art exhibition thingy at nottingham castle?

Where is everyone going to be staying? I'll probably be at the Gresham with Lav.

McMullet
29-06-2006, 21:54
Lucky, lucky Lav. :p

I'll likely be staying at my sister's house. Free accommodation ftw!

Yorkiebar
29-06-2006, 21:58
I'll turn up and spectate for a while, maybe play a quick combat patrol game with anyone who's got some spare time.

Lavfluris
30-06-2006, 06:44
I'll turn up and spectate for a while, maybe play a quick combat patrol game with anyone who's got some spare time.Why not bring another 1100pts worth of models?

Yorkiebar
30-06-2006, 07:48
Because my only army allowed in the Social is Thousand Sons, and I don't have anywhere near 1500 points of them yet. Come to think of it, I don't have 400. I paint slooow.

heldane
01-07-2006, 18:38
Im inteding on coming along with my Dark Angels. Most likely they'll be deatwhing, but we'll see what i can paint between now and september.

Dan

cookiescrumble
05-07-2006, 07:02
Would it be possible to list the armies that people will be using?

monstallion
05-07-2006, 11:49
My cheque is in the mail :D

Cancelled the last one and have now sent you cheque number 6 from my cheque book, you can tell I use it lot!

I will be bringing Grey Knights and will have 2000 points of em painted with me as if I dont paint em all now I never will.

Kev

heldane
06-07-2006, 16:59
One thing that may be helpful for the entrants may be to know who each person is. I'm Daniel Smith, I'll be playing imperial.

May be an idea to know who's who and not just names?

Cheers

Dan

cookiescrumble
06-07-2006, 17:43
I'm Paul Cook and i'll be using my IG.

monstallion
07-07-2006, 07:33
Im Kevin Cochrane and I will mostly be using my Grey Knights:chrome:

Nice to see peoples real names for once as I always feel a prat using sigs.

Gen_eV
07-07-2006, 12:55
Graeme Silcock, taking Renegade Marines using Alpha Legion rules. I'm working on the list at the moment, got a rough draft done but I'm hoping to get a few pointers - haven't played marines in years.

My army list - Comments welcome (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41429)

I'm tempted to make myself up a badge with my Avatar on it - at the Carnage tourney, no-one recognised the name when i told them I went by Gen_eV on the forums, but quite a few remembered the Samurai Bunny...

cookiescrumble
08-07-2006, 07:28
I'll post my army list up later.

starlight
08-07-2006, 07:30
At this point it is unlikely (in the extreme:( short of winning the lottery) that I'll make the '06 Social:(.

However, I *have* had my Travel Lady start the arrangements for Carnage '07.:D

Lavfluris
09-07-2006, 15:22
The Carnage Events site is now active. Please refer to www.carnage-events.com.

Rich 123
12-07-2006, 11:12
Hello, Im Dicky Milson - I prefer it to my full name Richard :)

I would be bringing an army to this for fun, but my marines are a long way from a completed 1850pts so that wasnt a starter. As I dont have an army Ill be here to spectate and help out with any of the organisation on the day. I was thinking I might bring a few of my minis along too - hey, I might even get some progress made on them, haha!

I've also been working on the various maps we'll be using over the weekend, the A1 campaign map and smaller background maps for the campaign pack.

I'm excited to meet alot of regulars actually in the flesh this weekend :cool:

Dicky

McMullet
12-07-2006, 13:45
Looks like Lav's got you down as a player...

You can borrow my Crimson Fists if you like, since I won't be playing.

I also have a spare marine army should you wish

Lavfluris
12-07-2006, 21:29
Dodgy Ed also have a spare Imperial Guard army...

Spilt for choice. ;)

EDIT: Although I was not keen on the idea, I've decided I will arrange a small group booking at the Gresham Hotel for eight people. Can people tell me if they are interested or not?

Rich 123
13-07-2006, 02:04
As I said on MSN Lav, Ill be interested in staying there. How much do the rooms normally cost ?

McMullet will be kindly lending me his Crimson Fists for the weekend, which is great, because this is a much nicer way to get to grips more with the game.

I might even come out of my modelling rut and get my marines all done after this in preparation for the Carnage Tournie :)

Dicky

cookiescrumble
13-07-2006, 07:09
I'll take you up on that offer, just two nights (Friday and saturday) ???

How much will this cost?

Lavfluris
13-07-2006, 07:50
I'll take you up on that offer, just two nights (Friday and saturday) ???I will only be booking for the nights of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. In March, we had to pay 75.00 each.

cookiescrumble
13-07-2006, 08:19
I'll make my own booking then as i will be leaving sunday evening. Cheers anyway.

heldane
13-07-2006, 08:50
I'm up for a group booking lav. Whats the details?

Cheers

Dan

cookiescrumble
13-07-2006, 11:43
All booked, see you all there.

Lavfluris
13-07-2006, 12:11
Gah, bloody rugby.

A chap has booked all of the twin rooms for the Saturday night, so we'll be confined to en-suite single rooms. The total value is 90.00 a head.

The Gresham Hotel also take a 10.00 damage prevention bond for group bookings, which means you will be paying 100.00 to me. If nothing is broken, then you get the 10.00 back on the Monday morning.

You can find all the deatils here (http://www.carnage-events.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=7).

Rich 123
13-07-2006, 15:22
Ill most probably book up in the Gresham too, although not right now, wait till I have a bit more dough sloshing around to book that :)

D

McMullet
15-07-2006, 10:42
Greets all, I have word from Lavfluris that the packs for the Carnage Social will be available on Thrusday.

Rich 123
15-07-2006, 11:02
Umm, yeah sorry about that. I was making soem final changes to parts of the document and including hyperlinks.
Ive just emailed a final version and some covers to Lav so it will go up within the next few days.

The campaign pack will come further down the line with maps and background preceding the social.

Dicky

Lavfluris
19-07-2006, 22:19
As mentioned by McMullet and Rich 123, there is going to be a further delay to the Campaign Pack. I am expecting this to be completed by the weekend.

The Information Pack has been completed and this has been emailed to every entrant, so please check your emails. It will also appear on the Carnage Events site during the weekend.

Thank you for bearing with us. And thanks for Rich 123 for the work he's put in so far. :)

EDIT: I have reicieved word that the PayPal 'Buy Now' buttons were not working. I have taken these down and reverted to using a 'Money Request' scheme for the time being.

McMullet
22-07-2006, 15:39
I have a friend who is interested in playing, however he's only finished painting his Necron army - any chance of him borrowing an Imperial Guard army from someone, since my Marines are already deployed?

Lavfluris
28-07-2006, 07:08
Great news everybody!

After what seems too long, the Information Pack and Campaign Pack have been uploaded.

You will need to register before you can download anything, so best get that over with first by clicking here (http://www.carnage-events.com/register.php). You will find the Information Pack and Campaign Pack in the Downloads section of the Carnage Events site by clicking here (http://www.carnage-events.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1/).

I apologize for the unforeseen delays in bringing these vital pieces of information to you.

I have a friend who is interested in playing, however he's only finished painting his Necron army - any chance of him borrowing an Imperial Guard army from someone, since my Marines are already deployed?Dodgy Ed has an Imperial Guard army and Karma has a Space Marine army, both of which are going spare. It may be worth sending both of them a PM.

Sylass
28-07-2006, 09:28
Simon, I know you'll hate me for saying that, but the red font on the grey background is a pain to read ;)

Reinnon
31-07-2006, 15:01
well, lav has bullied me and my brother into going.

So expect to see thousand sons and word bearers there :)

Okay so the Imperial scum now have the same number general's as the winning (chaos) Horde !!! No matter we'll ave em

Blood for the Blood God !!!

;)

Lavfluris
04-08-2006, 19:59
I hope everyone has some CoD games lined up to get used to the new rules, as you will need to know them for the Carnage Social. ;)

Great Harlequin
04-08-2006, 20:10
I hope everyone has some CoD games lined up to get used to the new rules, as you will need to know them for the Carnage Social. ;)
For all the games?

I've been dungeon master for one CoD game. :p This should be interesting!

Lavfluris
04-08-2006, 20:31
For all the games?I expect you will be playing at least two, maybe three, CoD games throughout the weekend.

Gen_eV
05-08-2006, 12:31
On that topic, I was going through the rules pack, and was wondering what was with the "no stratagems" idea for the Cityfight games? I'm not gonna be able to infiltrate with any of my lovely models, ater all the points I spent making them do so! (Only 60pts for the whole army - gotta love AL:D)

Not that I'm complaining per se, it just seems strange to remove Infiltration/Deep Strike capacity for all the units that could otherise take it, as cityfight would always allow me to buy the privilege, even in Alpha-level games where I wouldn't be able to Infiltrate in a standard game. Maybe we could shift it to one of a limited number of Stratagems? Deep Strike/Infiltrate/Preliminary bombardment, for example?

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!........not more rules !!!!!

:cries: :cries: :cries:

Lavfluris
05-08-2006, 17:58
On that topic, I was going through the rules pack, and was wondering what was with the "no stratagems" idea for the Cityfight games?The reason why I am not allowing the use of Stratagems is simple.

Without Stratagems, entrants will be put into completely different circumstances to those they are normally accustomed, which in turn will mean that they will have to come up with new strategies to win, rather than relying on the same old tactics they use in regular games of 40K, such as gunlines, mass infiltration, mass deep striking and so on.

The lack of Stratagems also means entrants will have to think slightly harder about their army lists, rather than rely on the Stratagems to make up for their chosen Codexes shortcomings.

Also, as a number of entrants will not have played many CoD games beforehand, the lack of Stratagems gives these entrants less to learn in the few weeks we have left before the Carnage Social.

Lastly, the armies involved in the battle for Gestrommer are not as yet cityfighting veterans, and so will not have adapted to this style of warfare. For the most part, Stratagems represent veteran cityfight armies pooling their resources and experience, of which none of the armies involved in the Carnage Social have much of.

I hope that answer makes sense. :)

Great Harlequin
05-08-2006, 20:20
Without Stratagems, entrants will be put into completely different circumstances to those they are normally accustomed, which in turn will mean that they will have to come up with new strategies to win, rather than relying on the same old tactics they use in regular games of 40K, such as gunlines, mass infiltration, mass deep striking and so on.
Neat idea I suppose, even if it does gut my army a little. With the added bonus that it doesn't affect your Black Legion one jot from what I can remember. ;)

Still, I approve, I just need to change my army list slightly. Hopefully I can squeese in a couple of games of cityfight in before the Social. Learning a new set of rules as you go along can't be that difficult, can it?! :eek:

Lavfluris
07-08-2006, 22:16
With the added bonus that it doesn't affect your Black Legion one jot from what I can remember. ;)Bar the fact the army I will be using has three vehicles and only twenty-nine infantry, I may actually be struggling in the CoD games. ;)

EDIT: Due to some unforseen timetable clashes, Ben Smith has resigned from the Carnage Social. As a result, we have two Chaos players and four Imperial players left to find.

stormtrooper154
08-08-2006, 10:13
If only it was 2 or 3 weeks later than it is.......

Lavfluris
15-08-2006, 18:16
Just a quick note. ;)

The Carnage Tale of 'X' Gamer 2006-2007 begins on the weekend of the Carnage Social 2006, so why not make your first purchases then? You can find the full details here (http://www.carnage-events.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=12).

Gen_eV
15-08-2006, 19:18
I knew this was gonna happen with the Tale of 'X' Gamers. Just costed out the army I'm hoping to take to Carnage, and it's over 320. Even if we didn't have to adhere to GW-price, I couldn't find a souce t buy it for cheap enough. (It's all forgeworld's fault, making such pretty add-ons for my favouritest big stompy living war machine of much killy death)

So, now I'm faced with a dilemma: enter Carnage with my pretty pretty Carnifexes, or figure out a different army that's gonna be cheap enough for me to enter the Tale.

Oh, and I like your new avatar btw - such an angry-looking young noise marine...

Edit: Just to make it perfectly clear, I am NOT complaining about the price allowances - to get it up to my army's cost would be an average of 45 a month, and I realise that it would lead to unfair competition as some people couldn't afford this level of spending. To be honest, I can't really afford it, it'll just be me drawing deep from the overdraft and hoping I get a job over the chistmas/easter holidays.

bobert the great clen one
16-08-2006, 01:01
gen_uv try www.dwhs.co.uk very cheap on there and next day delivery if they got it in stock

bobert the great clen one
16-08-2006, 01:02
also when is the carnage??

cookiescrumble
16-08-2006, 05:55
Sure i can work something out with you Gen_ev once everything is up and running. Speak to you at the Social.

Lavfluris
16-08-2006, 06:46
Oh, and I like your new avatar btw - such an angry-looking young noise marine...Thanks.

To be honest, I can't really afford it, it'll just be me drawing deep from the overdraft and hoping I get a job over the chistmas/easter holidays.Then maybe it’s worth waiting for the next Carnage Tale of ‘X’ Gamers?

gen_uv try www.dwhs.co.uk very cheap on there and next day delivery if they got it in stockEven if he were to buy cheap miniatures from an online store, the monthly allowance is based on GW's actually recommended retail price, rather than what you spend.

also when is the carnage??The Carnage Social is September 2nd and 3rd, the Carnage Tournament is on March 24th and 25th and the Carnage Tale of 'X' Gamers runs from September 1st to March 31st.

Gen_eV
16-08-2006, 19:08
Then maybe its worth waiting for the next Carnage Tale of X Gamers?

I'm working on a new, slightly less resin-heavy version of the list that should still look pretty. Coupled with the approx. 20% discount from DWHS, I should be able to get the entire lot for under 200, which is ok for seven months' work I think.

Lavfluris
19-08-2006, 07:00
I'd like to point out that we are still in need of two Chaos and four Imperial players. Can every entrant thus far ask around their friends and gaming buddies to see if we can fill up both teams? Additionally, can any readers of this thread who are not entering do the same please? Many thanks.

Also, can all Carnage Social entrants consider putting a link for the Carnage Tale of 'X' Gamers in their sigs? :)

I'm working on a new, slightly less resin-heavy version of the list that should still look pretty.Why not magnetise the plastic Carnifex carapaces, arms and tails so that you can easily replace them with their resin equivalents later on?

Gen_eV
19-08-2006, 13:08
Also, can all Carnage Social entrants consider putting a link for the Carnage Tale of 'X' Gamers in their sigs? :)
Consider it done.

Why not magnetise the plastic Carnifex carapaces, arms and tails so that you can easily replace them with their resin equivalents later on?
Now that's a lovely idea. I'll have Ram Carapaces and Crushing Claw-to-'Scything Devourer' conversions as well, but still manage to join in the Tale. It's not like I won't have enough spare bits from the Carnifex sprues, after all...

Lavfluris
20-08-2006, 07:43
I'll have Ram Carapaces and Crushing Claw-to-'Scything Devourer' conversions as well, but still manage to join in the Tale.Im surprised you are not going for the infinitely more popular two twin-linked Devourer Carnifexes, unless you are going to make use of Spine Banks as well as the Scything Talons and twin-liked Devourers, which would make sense.

cookiescrumble
20-08-2006, 08:54
Is anyone thats going play Bloodbowl, just an idea to pass time at the hotel?

Gen_eV
20-08-2006, 14:53
Two twin devourers is good, but doesn't look as pretty. Plus, if I do badly, I can blame my aesthetics rather than my tactical acumen.;) I'm dithering between Enhanced Senses/Spinebanks and Adrenal Glands/Mace tail for the biomorphs on these guys.

As for Bloodbowl, if you have a spare team, I'll be glad to play a game or two. If I get my (52, still-unpainted) Marines finished in time, there's a Clanrat regiment awaiting conversion which I may manage to get done in time.

heldane
20-08-2006, 21:37
Is anyone thats going play Bloodbowl, just an idea to pass time at the hotel?

Stunning idea sir, I'll drag my human team up with me if you like? Will you be bringing a board and needed bits?

Cheers

Dan

cookiescrumble
21-08-2006, 14:17
I can bring the board and bits, i have my human team to use. I also have the human and orc team from the set if someone wants to borrow a team.

Gen_eV
21-08-2006, 23:55
I'll borrow the Orcs if that's ok?
Always used to enjoy a game with them. i warn you though, it's at least 6 years since I played, so I may be a little rusty...

cookiescrumble
22-08-2006, 08:28
Sure, thats fine with me.

Lavfluris
31-08-2006, 20:24
Entry to the Carnage Social 2006 is now closed.

I’d like to thank each entrant of the Carnage Social! Many thanks!

As there is now only twelve entrants due to a further two dropouts, there are going to be a few changes:
• Each Team will comprise of six players.
• Each Team has three starting Locations.
• The Campaign Map will have twelve Locations.
• The Team Captains make three moves in Round Two and Round Three, as well as two moves in Round Four and Round Five.
• The Mega Battle will only be for four gamers, so two from each Team. One of these players is the Team Captain, whilst the other one is chosen randomly.

These changes have been integrated into the first post of this thread as well as the Carnage Social website.

EDIT: The plan for Friday night seems to be drinking and going to a curry house, with a potential trip to the clubs. Saturday seems to be much the same, althouh Rock City replaces the curry house. How original. ;)

If you want to tag along tomorrow night, just call me on my mobile, all of the Social entrants have it.

Great Harlequin
01-09-2006, 09:49
Shiny, just got back from Spain, so I've got to crack down, and get the army list and figures ready. I'm not the planning type of person. ;)

Should be good - and if everyone's using the GT FAQ for any queries they might have with their army, you might want to check it, as the latest version has changed somewhat.

Lav, now there are twelve players, will you be playing at all? I really wanted to see your army up close, please don't dissapoint me, I get mushy otherwise. ;)

All the very bestest,

Lavfluris
01-09-2006, 09:56
Lav, now there are twelve players, will you be playing at all?I'll have my army for playing friendlies before and after the Social.

Shiny, just got back from Spain, so I've got to crack down, and get the army list and figures ready. I'm not the planning type of person. ;)

Should be good - and if everyone's using the GT FAQ for any queries they might have with their army, you might want to check it, as the latest version has changed somewhat.

Lav, now there are twelve players, will you be playing at all? I really wanted to see your army up close, please don't dissapoint me, I get mushy otherwise. ;)

All the very bestest,

Gh are you taking your GT IW ??:cool:

Great Harlequin
04-09-2006, 09:02
I'll put up a quick report later on, but I had a real blast this weekend. Thanks to everyone who came, and particular thanks to my opponents for five very pleasent games, and of course to Simon and Sam who organised everything. :cool:

All the very bestest,

McMullet
04-09-2006, 09:23
The photos are uploading now...

Thanks to everyone who attended, I had a great time! :)

Rich 123
04-09-2006, 09:41
Thanks everyone for coming, I had a great time and will definitly be coming to Carnage events in the future (with my own army this time though!).

Thanks to the five people I played for fun games - not only werre you patient enough to deal with someone who, not only, didnt know how to play with my army - I didnt know how to play the game. Especially to Great Harlequin for so completely managing to make Sams Crimson Fists commander have a real chip on his shoulder about IW sheer volume of ordanance, hehe.

For those of you who missed out on the actual campaign map (a number of us all, hehe) Ive attatched a low res .pdf of it here if anyone would like to have a look.

Thanks for a great weekend everyone, I can't wait for the next one to come along!
Dicky

McMullet
04-09-2006, 09:53
Pictures are up!

http://samroberts.fotopic.net/c1073307.html

Reinnon
04-09-2006, 09:59
aye, it really was a great weekend.

got 2 wins and 3 losses with my thousand sons....but i blamed 2 of the losses on my ability to roll more snake eyes then physically possible.

now...to find that black templar codex

monstallion
04-09-2006, 11:31
The tournie was ace tho as the imperial commander I felt that getting executed at the end was a bit unfair :cries:

All of the games I played in were great and the mega battle was the most fun Ive had playing 40K in ages. Six players all there to have fun and have a good game and not quibble over rules bother who is moving your minatures or shooting or armour saves a real team effort all round to ensure we got done in the time.

Looking forward to the next event.

Oh well the imperials lost, last one off blow up the planet :skull:

MACK HAIM KILL

MacVurrich
04-09-2006, 11:46
Sorry I had to drop out at the last minute

(blooming audits )

Glad you had a good Time

cookiescrumble
04-09-2006, 14:06
Simon did a great of running the event as always. Had a great time, got home safe and all trains were on time :wtf: . Nobody was fussed if they won or lost, which is what i love about these events. Just a bunch of guys who go for a laugh.

Also got nominated for best painted army, another :wtf: smilie.

Look forward to seeing you guys again at carnage in March.

Btw, I still owe you a Drink Joel (and maybe Dicky, but he probably can't remember anyway!).

Reinnon
04-09-2006, 15:36
MACK HAIM KILL

we need printed shirts with that on for next carnage, quote of the weekend :)

Great Harlequin
04-09-2006, 15:54
Especially to Great Harlequin for so completely managing to make Sams Crimson Fists commander have a real chip on his shoulder about IW sheer volume of ordanance, hehe.
Heh! At least his Commander managed to hit mine in the face with his Power Fist. Doh! :D

After a nervous period where I thought we might have come on the wrong day, people started to arrive. And my Dad was given the honour (read: lumbered) of being the Chaos General!

My first game was against Luke, (Reinnon's Brother) and his Rhino bound Space Wolves. It was a fairly solid army, with three squads in Rhino's, two of which had a Rune Priest or Wolf Priest, a Leman Russ, Predator, Whirlwind, and a plasma totting Scout squad.

It was Escalation, in a Recon game IIRC, which poses issues for my immobile Iron Warriors, so I deployed two firebases, hoping to gain lots of firelanes and stop his Rhino's when they came on. This they did with splendid fashion, I took a couple of casualties, but my Autocannons managed to lay low the vehicles, as he kept trying to take out one of my flanks.

Highlight of the game for me was one darn rampant Wolf Priest who was approaching my lines, despite his force being decimated. Couldn't take him down at all, but for one direct round from a Battle Cannon! Good game, mate!

Second game was against Dicky (Rich 123) and the Crimson Fists. Comprising of a Land Raider, a rock-hard Command squad, couple of Scout squads, a Dreadnaught, a Predator and a Rhino born squad. Fair play to him, he hadn't played for a very long time, but he gave me a spirited fight none the less! That's the true Space Marine way!

I used my Infiltrating troops to extend my main firebase to the short board edge, so I could threaten to take quarters. I ventured out with my Obliterators, which all glanced off the might of a Dreadnaught, and three promptly died in the return fire. So I was a little more conservative from then on, and my firebase managed to stop the assaults early on.

Highlights of the game for me was my inability to kill one immobilised Predator for three turns with an insane amount of Autocannon and Lascannon fire. Taking out about seven of the Command squad with an Ordnance shell, and my Lord getting hit in the face for irritating the opposing Commander with his tickly Dark Blade. Cheers for the game!

Third game, against the Imperial Guard that was voted for Best Army. Tough as well. Two Leman Russes, a Basilisk, three Chimeras, Stormtrooper squads and a couple of Lascannon totting Sentinels. Very nice fire theme, and well deserving of the award.

It was my first Cityfight game, which turned out to be the simple 'kill everything in the near vacinity mission'. I lost the roll for quarters, and I was stuck with too mcuh terrain to maneuver or get a lot of clear line of sight. But I managed to use the road on my right flank by positioning fire support units on buildings, on either side, with Autocannon squads going on the highest buildings so they could get to the Chimeras hidden from my other firebase.

It was a job of opening those darn Leman Russes. My Basilisk tried countless times to take down the opposing one, but the Scatter Dice frowned on me many of a time, but over time I weathered down his force, after numerous shaken results on the tanks. The infantry got close to ruining my day, but my Commander saw to them, and scared the rest of the Chimera force enough to push them back in an orderly retreat.

One of the toughest games all weekend IMO - a few learning points in there for me as well. Cheers!

Second day. Several hangover victims, others merely deprived of sleep. Unfortunately none of them were to be my opponents.

I was drawn against a Deathwing army in the morning. Three squads of six Terminators with two Assault Cannons in each, three Dreadnaughts and a token Librarian with Fear and Fury.

I knew this was going to be difficult from the start, and with Escalation, I knew it wasn't going to get any easier. His Terminators deployed in a fairly solid block in the middle woods whilst I deployed in a similar fashion to that against the Crimson Fists. My firepower didn't hit home very well on the right flank and my Autocannon squads were starting to take casualties rather quickly, due to an insane amount of rending rolls. However, I used my Obliterators to edge round terrain and take out a squad at a time, before he started to retreat, and I managed to bag another one, and take another squad below half strength. My Ordnance pieces had nowhere really to hide, and I tire dmy best, but one Dread got round the back, and stopped me killing off the final squad with the LIbrarian and the remnants of the Dreadnaughts.

A draw under the Social cirumstances (needed 750+ for a win), but a good minor victory under normal rules, so I was content.

Final game...

The Space Wolves again! But a cityfight game to grab buildings. This game was such a frenzy, he drove a Rhino squad through three buildings in his turns and I realised I was going to lose unless I actually got out there and didn't concentrate on killing all of his stuff all the time. The dense terrain meant there were loads of buildings to grab, and this was an important area, which no other Chaos player, to my knowledge had managed to sieze since the start of the campaign.

He pulled some nifty tricks, taking out my Basilisk and claiming one of my buildings at the back of the board meaning I had to remobilise my Defiler. Had some laughs in this game. My Defiler managed to place a shell on eight Grey Hunters, and rolled seven, count 'em, seven ones to wound! And his Wolf Priest managed to fluff six attacks against my Obliterators, who were frankly irritated, and pulled out their Power Fists...

A close match, perhaps the closest I had, but I managed to grab enough buildings to win! Hopefully get a rematch against your Worldbearers/Night Lords once you do them up? :)

My Dad came away with the Sportsmanship award, and led the forces of Chaos forces to a crushing victory! Thanks again to Simon for organising the event, it was muchly appreciated! Can't wait to see the background report. (What? You think you can relax yet?) ;)

Lavfluris
04-09-2006, 19:03
(What? You think you can relax yet?) ;)My final report will be up in about a week's time, as I've come home to a lot of work which really needs my attention. What follows are a few words I would like to say at this point.

I would like to thank each of the twelve entrants to the Carnage Social, as well as McMullet for helping out with the Judging. The Carnage Social was never meant to be a big competitive event, and Im happy each of you played in the right spirit.

Congratulations to the forces of Chaos, who slowly but surely grinded down the Imperial forces and claimed victory. Mack haim kill! If the Imperial forces had won the Mega Battle, the campaign would have ended in a bloody draw, which goes to show how close the campaign was until the very end.

I would also like to congratulate Graham Apperley and Joel Pitt, who walked away with the Best Sportsman and Best Army awards respectively. Graham conducted himself in the friendliest manner all weekend, whilst Joel had the most striking army entered into the event. Well done to both of you.

Looking to the future, Carnage Events has four events planned for next year. There will be the Carnage Tournament in March, then the two Carnage South events in April and lastly the Carnage Social in Septemember. The Carnage South events will be small thirty player tournaments hosted in Games Workshop Pooles Battle Bunker. Each Carnage South will be dedicated to one particular games system, hence two events. Details of these events will materialise in late December.

In addition to the above events, Carnage Events has a forum in the works, which should be active by the end of September. Carnage Events also has other projects in the works, which should come to light early next year.

Also, please bear in mind that the Carnage Tale of X Gamers has begun and it is not too late to enter. Check out the Carnage Events site for the Information Pack.

Thank you one and all. :cool:

mrsurgeon
05-09-2006, 13:22
My first ever post is to say a big thank you to everyone at the Carnage Social for making it such a great event! Thanks particularly to Paul, Luke, Joel, Dickie and Dan for being such friendly forgiving opponents, to Dodgy Ed for lending me so many Imperial Guard, and to Simon and Sam for organising it all. Sorry it took me such a long to drive you up to Nottingham...

I'm looking forward to the March Tournament, when I shall field my more customary Necron army.

Marcus.

Rich 123
05-09-2006, 14:09
Well, then its up to me to welcome you to Warseer Marcus! Welcome.

The game we had was on a knife edge right up to the end, even though there was every sign throughout that it would be an imperial guard win. It came down to the last dice roll to tell who had one. And that was just because we werent sure if the command squad was understrength and if it counted that the solitary junior officer was enough to hold the building after a bloody turn or two of combat!

A great game! It will be good to see your necrons in March, Sam showed me some pictures, they look great. A welcoem change from gunmetal necrons as well :)

Good luck finishing them!
Dicky

Anvils Hammer
05-09-2006, 14:21
Yargh...... It was a victory to the foul forces of chaos, however, the Sethra 1st urban strike force aquitted itself well over the course of the campaign, notching up 1 loss, 1 draw and 3 wins!

I had an absolutly magnificent time, thanks to Lav and McMullet, and all my opponents and drinking companions.

I look forward to the next social, and Ill see you all in march with a brand new IG army!

Jedi152
05-09-2006, 14:24
Now organise a fantasy event...

McMullet
05-09-2006, 14:29
Well, next March will include a Fantasy tournament.

A Fantasy campaign would be harder what with the smaller number of available entrants, though Simon did mention a Bloodbowl tournament as a possibility next September...

cookiescrumble
05-09-2006, 15:21
My first ever post is to say a big thank you to everyone at the Carnage Social for making it such a great event! Thanks particularly to Paul, Luke, Joel, Dickie and Dan for being such friendly forgiving opponents.

Thats no problem, thank you for being a great opponent. You seemed to have alot of fun with all those blokes. Was going my way until those guardsmen fell from the sky. You thought that those guardsmen not turning up early was a bad thing.

Sorry it took me such a long to drive you up to Nottingham...

I'd call it an adventure!!! Cheers again for lunch.

Lavfluris
05-09-2006, 17:15
Thanks particularly to Paul, Luke, Joel, Dickie and Dan for being such friendly forgiving opponents, to Dodgy Ed for lending me so many Imperial Guard, and to Simon and Sam for organising it all.Sorry to nitpick, but McMullet has no involvement in organising the events. He is however, a Judge and thusly deserves a lot of credit for this.

Now organise a fantasy event...The next Warhammer Fantasy events are the Carnage Tournament in March, and the second Carnage South event in May. Beyond that, there is nothing planned as yet, save for the Blood Bowl event.

Gen_eV
05-09-2006, 17:49
Second day. Several hangover victims, others merely deprived of sleep. Unfortunately none of them were to be my opponents.
Hehehe, the effects of saturday night. (http://samroberts.fotopic.net/p33649591.html) Anyone remember what we did after the Old Salutation, btw? Mind's a complete blank...

Yargh...... It was a victory to the foul forces of chaos, however, the Sethra 1st urban strike force aquitted itself well over the course of the campaign, notching up 1 loss, 1 draw and 3 wins!

I had an absolutly magnificent time, thanks to Lav and McMullet, and all my opponents and drinking companions.

I look forward to the next social, and Ill see you all in march with a brand new IG army!The Ithicans,I take it? Looking forward to seeing those, hopefully they won't have as many big scary Demolishers.

All of the games I played in were great and the mega battle was the most fun Ive had playing 40K in ages. Six players all there to have fun and have a good game and not quibble over rules bother who is moving your minatures or shooting or armour saves a real team effort all round to ensure we got done in the time.

Yeah, it was basically a case of "right, I'm attacking the Imperium. Who's closest to watch my dice rolling?" Far easier than making people trek up and down the table the whole time.

All in all, a great weekend, cheers to everyone for a brilliant time, and I'll be seeing you all with my 'nids at the Tourney in March.

Edited to fix linkage.

Jedi152
06-09-2006, 07:25
http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=yj18su&outx=800&quality=70Hehehe, the effects of saturday night. Anyone remember what we did after the Old Salutation, btw? Mind's a complete blank...
Sorry, all i get is a "no direct linking" pic. :(

Rich 123
06-09-2006, 07:53
Anyone remember what we did after the Old Salutation, btw? Mind's a complete blank...

We went back to the Gresham and drank some more of course Graham! Till about 4 in the morning I think. That decision probably didnt help my hangover the day after :cries:

Dicky

McMullet
06-09-2006, 09:01
I think I left you around 3, so that sounds right. :D

I think this is the photo Gen_eV linked to: http://samroberts.fotopic.net/p33649591.html

Gen_eV
06-09-2006, 14:43
Around four, you say?
No wonder I felt so rough the following day. At least I wasn't falling asleep in the hotel reception, unlike some people...

Still, a good time had by all I believe. Oh, and thanks for that nice shot of the Hive Tyrant on display upstairs - gonna be stealing the idea for his jaws in the Tale of X Gamers.

Firstly great weekend all....met some new guys.....and killed them !!!;)

One embarassing footnote

Kept Looking at my army on Saturday couldn't quite put my finger on it but something not quite right

Anyway sat in my hotel room on saturday watching telly and designing armies (as you do)...okay I put some things in just for a trial...and they weren't working...out they come ...Vindicator...Lieutenant...Rhino...okay about 300pts to spend

So I spend the points add up the new list ....1350 !!?? check this...1350.....go back to original list spreadsheet says 1500....add it up manually....1350 !!??

Okay so I actually played all weekend with 1350pts....light one Predator...okay 3 wins and 2 draws..

:cool: :cool:

MACK, HAIM, KILL ;)

Lavfluris
10-09-2006, 21:46
Rejoice, for the Final Report on the Carnage Social 2006 can be found: here (http://www.carnage-events.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=18).

Okay so I actually played all weekend with 1350pts....Handicaps like that always make us work harder, so in a way, it's a good thing. ;)