PDA

View Full Version : Chaos warrior rolling?

Chain
22-03-2015, 16:15
I was wondering how to go by the Chaos warriors starting Artifacts and attributes.
Is it a one time roll at his creation?
Or is it something that will be rolled at the start of each dungeon?

If for instance i rolled 1 attribute and 2 artifacts, would i then still hae that when i went to a settlement or should i roll again there?(to see if i get chased out for the attributes)

What are conditions you guys play with where the CW risk losing artifacts?

What would be the best items a CW could get in a dungeon that he can use?(For instance i was surprised that "armor of fortune" wasn't a magic item but sounds like it's still magical, so i assume the CW couldn't use that)

Richard
22-03-2015, 22:53
As far I understood it when you pick up a chaos warrior and start a adventure you roll a D6 with two options taking up a 50/50 chance. whatever you get at this point is what you start each and every adventure with. From there i.e battle level 2 etc you roll another D6 this time with 6 options as to what you roll on a possible 3 different charts which could be once twice or even three times depending on the D6 result.

As for items that a Chaos Warrior could use I can't honestly answer that we found it trying as every item was a good item but he would have to past it on. what we did was more story line than anything although he cannot use the item he can carry it, and would carry it to the next chaos temple and offer the weapon up for possession by a daemon or the weapon to be corrupted. From here we would make the player pay a handsome price for this deed and the weapon/armour would take a new name but the same rules stay. Hope that helps

Happy Questing

Chain
24-03-2015, 00:22
Thx for clearing some of the doubts.

Chain
24-03-2015, 15:34
Just wondering about another possible scenario here.

A CW rolls a 66 for attributes and gain an extra artifact and characteristic, if he later sacrifice this attribute for another would he then lose said artifact andcharacteristic? would be really triggy especially if the artifact is merged with another.

Richard
25-03-2015, 05:06
A CW rolls a 66 for attributes and gain an extra artifact and characteristic, if he later sacrifice this attribute for another would he then lose said artifact andcharacteristic? would be really triggy especially if the artifact is merged with another.

Hi again I'm a bit confuse by what you mean when you say you sacrifice the attribute for another, it's a ability if you roll 66 you then roll a D6 and choose from the following options;
1 - An extra eye, ear or thumb (*)
2 - An extra eye, ear or thumb (*)
3 - An extra characteristic (roll on the Characteristic Table).
4 - One extra random chaos attribute.
5 - One extra random chaos artefact
6 - One extra random extra attribute and one extra random chaos artefact
*These characteristics will almost certainly mean that as to wear gloves, a cowl or helmet at all times!

If you get number 6 both items count as separate properties. So you can keep the attribute you get when you roll it and whatever the artefact you get is you can keep, sell or merge to made something more evil lol.

Hope that helps clear things up, or if I misunderstood am sorry.

Happy Questing

Chain
25-03-2015, 11:08
thx, was refering to the chaos tempel option where the gods replace 1 attribute with another.

Richard
25-03-2015, 20:38
It still applies that both the attribute and artefact are separate so its completely ok to swap it and keep the artefact.
Happy Questing

Chain
26-03-2015, 23:42
Got my lvl up
Pretty good so far.

Starting:
Attribute-
Arcane knowledge
Artifacts-
Axe of mighty striking, Chalice of night

lvl up bonus:
+1T, +1 WS, 2x Warpstone charm and finally Shrieking blade

and after first dungeon we ran into a traveler selling luck charms, so if i'm allowed to gain the same item twice... then i now got a lvl 2 chaos warrior with 4 re-rolls

So am i allowed to gain the same artifact twice?