PDA

View Full Version : Wizards and armour

Chain
24-03-2015, 15:21
I can't seem to find anything about if the Wizard is allowed to use armor or not, only that he can't buy it.
I recall that some magical armors back in 4'th and 5'th ed warhammer allowed casters to still cast spells when in armor, are there any of such in warhamemr quest?(for the warriors)

Daxio
24-03-2015, 15:58
Hi Chain, the roleplay book. page 18 says the wizard may never wear armour, and certainly not if its by Dolce and Cabbana :D

Richard
25-03-2015, 05:12
Hi Chain, like Daxio said with Quest there is no armour for a wizard. The only way to a get a warrior with armour and able to cast any sort of spell is the Chaos Warrior and even then that's not a wizard really. Chaos Warrior as you properly know gets armour pieces on the artefact chart that stores a single random spell that casts automatically once a game. Like we said Wizards are a no for armour.

Happy Questing

Chain
25-03-2015, 11:13
Kinda funny with our party now that this is confirmed.
Party consist of: The Wizard, The Slayer, The Chaos Warrior & The Barbarian

Only one who can use the magic armors we find is the Barbarian, which was why we send the armor of fortune to the wizard for the next dung, guess it should go back to the barbarian, though he can't use it with his new shield till lwl 5 i think.

THx for the answers, and i'we found the area at page 18 saying it which is nice.

Geoh
26-03-2015, 17:08
Altho the Wizard can not use it he can carry it.Then if he wishes he can sell it when he finds a settlement.

Easygrin
29-03-2015, 08:34
I think the Chaos Warrior has in his rules that he can use the same weapons and armor as the Barbarian

artfultodger2k
29-03-2015, 10:21
I think the Chaos Warrior has in his rules that he can use the same weapons and armor as the Barbarian

Hmmm, not sure about that. the manual says:-
WHAT CAN HE BUY?
The Chaos Warrior can buy any items which are available to the Barbarian,with the exception of missile weapons. He does not like missile weapons,preferring to dispatch his foes with his trusty blade.
but it also says he cannot wear any items of magical Armour except for his chaos artifacts.

Richard
29-03-2015, 11:13
This is the reason why they made a large artefact table and a large attribute chart. When it says a buy anything a barbarian can, my group go buy the equipment table in the roleplay book.

which its states what a barbarian can buy in the armourery, the fletcher, weaponsmith, animal trader, general store but not the gunsmith. This is what we believe it means when it says The Chaos Warrior can buy any items which are available to the Barbarian, with the exception of missile weapons. He does not like missile weapons, preferring to dispatch his foes with his trusty blade.

it does state that
a Chaos Warrior may keep or carry any type of treasure. but only use potions and non magical treasure, like firebombs and flashpowder. It only collects stuff for the gold value sell on after. what we have done is he can carry the magical treasure and when he gets to a chaos temple, he may offer the magical treasure up as a offering to be corrupted and posscesd by a daemon. roll a D6 after paying double what the item is worth, if you get 4,5 or a 6 it works. put on your profile item, renamed the chosen treasure you want to something evil name like and use the weapon or armour with the original ability it has. it just opens the ideas that a chaos warrior player can use.

Happy Questing

Necanthrope
07-04-2015, 12:07
This is the reason why they made a large artefact table and a large attribute chart. When it says a buy anything a barbarian can, my group go buy the equipment table in the roleplay book.

which its states what a barbarian can buy in the armourery, the fletcher, weaponsmith, animal trader, general store but not the gunsmith. This is what we believe it means when it says The Chaos Warrior can buy any items which are available to the Barbarian, with the exception of missile weapons. He does not like missile weapons, preferring to dispatch his foes with his trusty blade.

it does state that
a Chaos Warrior may keep or carry any type of treasure. but only use potions and non magical treasure, like firebombs and flashpowder. It only collects stuff for the gold value sell on after. what we have done is he can carry the magical treasure and when he gets to a chaos temple, he may offer the magical treasure up as a offering to be corrupted and posscesd by a daemon. roll a D6 after paying double what the item is worth, if you get 4,5 or a 6 it works. put on your profile item, renamed the chosen treasure you want to something evil name like and use the weapon or armour with the original ability it has. it just opens the ideas that a chaos warrior player can use.

Happy Questing

While I think tht makes sense thematically, rules wise I think you are walking towards a chaos warrior who has too much power.
Remember, he gets his own very good items and mutations, and he can merge his items to take advantage of multiple magic weapon powers at once. Something no other warrior can do.
Imagine if he got hold of a sea gold blade (plis3 attacks), and merged it with a frost blade (instant death to anything wounded, one use per game).

Let him sell treasure he can't use, and pay the gold to a chaos temple. Wear your gifts with pride, zealous champion!

Chain
07-04-2015, 19:46
While I think tht makes sense thematically, rules wise I think you are walking towards a chaos warrior who has too much power.
Remember, he gets his own very good items and mutations, and he can merge his items to take advantage of multiple magic weapon powers at once. Something no other warrior can do.
Imagine if he got hold of a sea gold blade (plis3 attacks), and merged it with a frost blade (instant death to anything wounded, one use per game).

Let him sell treasure he can't use, and pay the gold to a chaos temple. Wear your gifts with pride, zealous champion!

I'm waiting a bit to see if this will become necessary, but I hawe considered asking the gaming group if I can make an alternatiwe to what Richard suggested(in the case i stop getting artifacts) Perhaps allow the CW to offer a magic item and some gold at the tempel and in return either get back a prewiously lost artifact or make a roll if successful the gods hawe taken note of the CW deeds and grant him a roll on the chaos artifact tabel.(I might wery likely insist on the first option if at some point I start losing my artifacts) I could also be that instead of a completely random d66 roll it would just become a random artifact of a compareable type, I'd probably say 4000 gold to be the sacrifice minus the walue of the item offered.
Imagine a CW who starts with 1 Chaos artifact and newer rolls a 5 or 6 on lwl up. THat CW would newer get any option of getting another artifact(except a lucky warp changed roll) THat's a hard sell giwing up the option of Magic items for.