PDA

View Full Version : Re-rolls

Chain
25-03-2015, 15:37
Are you allowed to re-roll a re-roll?

Richard
25-03-2015, 20:42
As fare as my playing time with quest has been, no lol it normally stats in a specific place for said ability or item or rulebook that a if there is a re-roll it is usely once mate. Like if you roll a one for D6 Wounds option, it says you can re-roll once but the second result must be accepted.
Happy Questing

Daemonslave
25-03-2015, 22:33
Personally, I play that if you are willing to spend your luck tokens (each reroll) you can reroll a dice as many times as you want

Chain
26-03-2015, 14:25
Hmm so it's up in the air.
What about doing things this way?

Rolling a d66

rerolling first the .6 and if it fail reroll the 6.? (Prob not possible in that order due to it saying first roll and second roll)
If not that then after rolling 6. reroll it and after rolling the .6 reroll that.

Daemonslave
26-03-2015, 18:47
Hmm so it's up in the air.
What about doing things this way?

Rolling a d66

rerolling first the .6 and if it fail reroll the 6.? (Prob not possible in that order due to it saying first roll and second roll)
If not that then after rolling 6. reroll it and after rolling the .6 reroll that.

I would count the two dice rolls as one;

ie,
Something disastrous has happened, roll a D66

roll a 3, then a 6 = 36. 36 means I've lost all my gold! As this is bad I then use one luck token to roll both again. This time I roll a 1 and then another 1 = 11 - OMG my Warrior has died! Luckily I have another luck token to use. This time I roll a 6 then a 4 = 64, I only lose D6 x 20 gold! - I'll settle for that!

:)

This is how I would play it anyway.

Chain
30-03-2015, 13:02
I would count the two dice rolls as one;

ie,
Something disastrous has happened, roll a D66

roll a 3, then a 6 = 36. 36 means I've lost all my gold! As this is bad I then use one luck token to roll both again. This time I roll a 1 and then another 1 = 11 - OMG my Warrior has died! Luckily I have another luck token to use. This time I roll a 6 then a 4 = 64, I only lose D6 x 20 gold! - I'll settle for that!

:)

This is how I would play it anyway.

Understandbly, but the issue is the way they talk about rolling D66, where they talk about first making 1 roll then the second.
Might also be the other party members being annoyed that i keept rolling 2 dice at the same time for īD66(ewen though i used differant colors and said which one was which)
It makes rerolls more strategic, with less randomness, but some rolls would be hard to end with(for instance the "Insubstantial" chaos attribute is at a roll of "44" which would be near impossible for me to end up with due to not wanting to risk rolling the second dice on the 40's with 42,43,45 & 46 all being negatiwe results

a 2d6 roll though we atm count as 1 roll for re-rolls

Necanthrope
07-04-2015, 12:10
I'm not sure if it says so in quest,mount the general trend in GW games has been that you may not re roll a re roll.
For what it's worth I count multiple dice rolls (2d6 or d66) as a single dice for re rolls.

Chain
07-04-2015, 19:37
Well it looks liek we'we returned to a more normal reroll rule of it being both dice, and it prob was mostly some of the other players being annoyed that i rolled both dice at the same time.

AndrewGPaul
07-04-2015, 23:14
To me, if you combine multiple dice into a single number, then a single re-roll means you must re-roll all of the dice which contribute to that number, as if they were a single die (presumably someone, somewhere sells a 36-sided die numbered like 2D6 :) ).

Chain
15-04-2015, 13:34
Another re-roll related question.

I just read the faq at warquest.free.fr about luck

questions:

1) I assume that this means that the Chaos warrior can't reroll attributes, artifacts etc gained from level up, not even using his mark of chaos?
2) can you use re-rolls at the fighting school,ale house, tempel, chaos tempel etc. ?

Necanthrope
15-04-2015, 16:15
You can use luck at any time during an adventure.
An adventure begins on turn it ne of entering a dungeon, and ends after you have travelled to, and finished your business at a settlement.

So save some luck to,avoid bad event rolls in a city! Your mum and dad can't afford for you to get married again!

I always use the rule that a dice can on,y be re rolled once, and the second roll must be accepted.

Chain
15-04-2015, 16:21
You can use luck at any time during an adventure.
An adventure begins on turn it ne of entering a dungeon, and ends after you have travelled to, and finished your business at a settlement.

So save some luck to,avoid bad event rolls in a city! Your mum and dad can't afford for you to get married again!

This is what i thought to, but going by this faq there seem to be some limit to the extend of what Luck can do.

LUCK

Q: Can Luck be used to re-roll Hazard or Settlement Events?
A: Yes. (GWUK)
Q: Can Luck be used to re-roll Dungeon Monster/Event tables?

Q: Can Luck be used to re-roll the Power Phase roll?

Q: Can Luck be used to re-roll rolls made when going up in Battle-level? For example, to re-roll added Power, Wounds, Spell learning dice or Skill rolls.
A: No. Using Luck indicates "... how many times he may re-roll ... during a single Adventure" RPB p. 42. Training takes place "when the Warriors are between adventures" RPB p. 41 - it's a special case, training is not really part of a standard "adventure." (GWUK)

Q: If Luck is applied to a 'roll' of two or more dice, are all the dice re-rolled, or only one of them? For example, rolling for Gold as per RPB p. 67, or rolling two or more dice to see if something is 'in stock.'
A: The player must re-roll all of the dice in the 'roll.' (GWUK)

http://wquest.free.fr/

If this means i can't reroll chaos attributes that's dangerous, if this means i only can't reroll chaos attributes when leveling up, it's dangerous but not troublesome.

Necanthrope
15-04-2015, 17:05
Yeah, the only instance of being able to alter training rolls o can think of is a witch hunter using faith.