PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about Kroot...

b4d0m3n
14-06-2005, 13:41
Alright, then. What sort of army is it? Is it flexible? Are the models easily convertible? How do they play? ;) I'd appreciate some answers, or possibly point me to some painfully obvious sources my brain has missed.

Rock on.

Verm1s
14-06-2005, 14:11
Painfully obvious source (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shaper_Council). :p ;)
Well, maybe not painfully obvious; but source, definitely.

Here you will actually get feedback from people who play them, rather than those who don't.
'Waah! They're useless in combat! Waah! They can't deal with tanks at all!'
Rubbish.
True, they're not easy to use, by any stretch of the imagination; but that doesn't mean they're unusable. You just have to think, and use tactics (in 40K! Shock!). They're not a newbie's point-and-shoot army, like SMs or similar. You may enjoy the challenge.[/rant]

EDIT: and one of the best Kroot players I know took his army to a tourney once. Chewed through three marine armies.

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 14:13
Well....If you are going to use Kroot I suggest using a Tau list. By themselves they are essentially a broken list. Nice models, nice ideas but poorly carried out

MidnightResistance
14-06-2005, 14:15
and not tourney legal...I don't think

b4d0m3n
14-06-2005, 15:01
Painfully obvious source (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shaper_Council). :p ;)
Well, maybe not painfully obvious; but source, definitely.

Here you will actually get feedback from people who play them, rather than whinges from crackpots who don't.
'Waah! They're useless in combat! Waah! They can't deal with tanks at all!'
Rubbish.
True, they're not easy to use, by any stretch of the imagination; but that doesn't mean they're unusable. You just have to think, and use tactics (in 40K! Shock!). They're not a newbie's point-and-shoot army, like SMs or similar. You may enjoy the challenge.[/rant]

EDIT: and one of the best Kroot players I know took his army to a tourney once. Chewed through three marine armies.

Sounds cool, thanks.

Angelus Mortis
14-06-2005, 15:57
They do not care for Flamers at all. Wounds on 3's no saves at all(not even that awesome woods cover save) and auto hits. But on a side note, after said BBQ, they go real good with a nice spicey Chipolte sauce.

FoolsJourney
14-06-2005, 17:55
They do not care for Flamers at all. Wounds on 3's no saves at all(not even that awesome woods cover save) and auto hits. But on a side note, after said BBQ, they go real good with a nice spicey Chipolte sauce.

:D

True, but then, if they are within flamer range, they'll be in assault range next turn. In fact, if you give them the Fleet of Foot evolution, you may even get in assault without being in range for the guys to use their flamer on them. But even if a unit of say 20 kroot loses 6 to the flamer, that's still 14, with 3 attacks on the charge. Give then Anghor Prok, and they get to re-roll fail to hits on that too. Maybe attach a unit of Kroot hounds too, and you've got a majorly hungry swarm.

Although, at the mercy of a Hellhound with pintle mounted heavy stubber, inferno cannon and heavy flamer, or Repressor with storm bolter, pintle mounted heavy flamer, and sister shooting her heavy flamer out of the top hatch, you can smell the critters burn for miles around.

Tenoch
14-06-2005, 18:46
They work well provided you have a fair amount of terrain on the board.

And they are tournament legal.

Keep your eyes peeled for a kroot army coming to a tale of 8 gamers near you!

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 18:55
Kroot Vs. catachan is always an intense fight, great to watch!

Angelus Mortis
14-06-2005, 22:40
:D
But even if a unit of say 20 kroot loses 6 to the flamer, that's still 14, with 3 attacks on the charge. I don't think your giving the flamer its dues. I used an Assault Squad with 2 Flamers on a max size Kroot squad(forget how many but there a ton and a few Kroot hounds and a Krootox too) in the woods. After 2 flamer shots there wasnt enough left for my guys to assault. You can easily get 14 models with a flamer template if they are not that spread out(as usually happens when they are in the woods). Thats a lot of good eats!

Pertinax
14-06-2005, 23:12
and not tourney legal...I don't think
That depends on the tournament. But they have been allowed in the GTs since their list came out.