Dagger

Group 5:
Dwarf Thunderer
Hammer
Dagger

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

swculve
23-10-2015, 16:02
If I don't play Dwarves again in the next campaign I might decide to play Beastmen, play something like this:

Beastmen Campaign list
Warband Starting Gold: 500
Warband Rating: 85
Warband Stash: 2 Gold

Leader:

Chieftain +68
M5 WS4 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I4 A1 LD7
Hammer
Dagger

Hero's:

Shaman +48
M5 WS4 BS3 S3 T4 W1 I3 A1 LD6
Hammer
Dagger

Bestigor +48
M5 WS4 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I3 A1 LD7
Hammer
Dagger

Bestigor +48
M5 WS4 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I3 A1 LD7
Hammer
Dagger

Centigor +83
M8 WS4 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I2 A1(2) LD7
Hammer
Dagger

Henchmen:
Minotaur +203
M6 WS4 BS3 S4 T4 W3 I4 A3 LD7
Hammer
Dagger

Start filling the list out with Gor and Ungor henchmen once the campaign starts and I get the income flowing. Maybe hire a Ogre Body Guard later on which can tag team enemy models with the Minotaur.

unwanted
12-11-2015, 20:26
I know that hammers/maces/clubs are usually toted as the be-all-end-all, but from my experiences, it's way more fun to mix it up, and add different weapons, if nothing else for variety, and to go to the game with as much focus on what you enjoy painting and playing as, as you do with winning, as it can easily get decidedly tedious to just spam the same weapons.

Other than that, the lists are sound, although the Minotaur does run you the risk of being left dead in the water if you're unlucky with your heroes early on. Gors and Ungors are both meatshields and invaluable when they get Lad's got talent, to boost your exploration and income!

JimboDeany
13-11-2015, 11:11
Dwarf axes. Found these to be really useful, especially once you get MoB skill on a few guys

NonComPoop
19-11-2015, 15:57
I know that hammers/maces/clubs are usually toted as the be-all-end-all, but from my experiences, it's way more fun to mix it up, and add different weapons, if nothing else for variety, and to go to the game with as much focus on what you enjoy painting and playing as, as you do with winning, as it can easily get decidedly tedious to just spam the same weapons.

Totally agree with this. it's all about variety. try out some of the other weapons for fun, i'm not sure why anyone would spam a load-out in a game like Mordheim, kinda defeats the purpose.