PDA

View Full Version : 40k GT - Who has bought a ticket, which army, and for which heat?

Wonderdog
08-07-2006, 12:16
Hi folks,

So whos's actually BOUGHT thier ticket :D What army you taking, and what heat you going to?

Heat 1
1. Wonderdog - Space Marines
2. Fallen Angel - Eldar
3. Insane Psychopath - Iron Warriors (easy to kill with bikers btw).
4. Cookie Scrumble - IG
4. Lee - IG drop troops
5. Stormtrooper154 - Space Marines
6. Danger Rat - Tau
7. ninjahamster - ?
8. 3 of 6 - Iron Warriors
9. Great Harlequin - Iron Warriors
10. Wandering Rogue - ?
11. Spookeh - ?
12. Xirix - Tau
13. Col. Gravis - IG
14. Tristessa - Blood Angels
15. Prophaniti - Tau

Heat 2
1. Andy10k - Chaos Alpha Legion
2. spikyjames - Space Marines
3. Lavfluris - Black Legion
4. Lonepilgrim - Black Legion
5. Konrad_Curze - Tau

Heat 3
Squigsnok - Chaos

Fallen Angel
08-07-2006, 12:17
Wondered how long it'd take for this to pop up!!

Im going to Heat 1, probably with Eldar.

cookiescrumble
08-07-2006, 12:55
Going to heat 1 with my IG.

Insane Psychopath
08-07-2006, 13:08
*rise hand*

ME, ME, ohh ME right here!!!! lol.

But for real, after 20 mins waiting. I have now got my Grand Tournament HEAT ONE ticket. I will be take Chaos Space Marines of the Silver type.

Hotel book, Ticket come Tue or Wed, luck on Mon. Got Two Preds to paint, one to still build with new Crusifed Ulrtmarine on it.

Everthing ready from army list model (apart from Pred as said), gaming going alright but I want my dice to stop turn against me, there loyal master.

See you all there. Also Phil you got to start coming into GW Glasgow more often :D We need more gamers as right now there hardly anyone there :( Blacky should be back in force & Simmy might pop in now & then.

IP

cookiescrumble
08-07-2006, 13:14
It'll be a few weeks till i get my ticket as i mail ordered alongside some other bits which are out of stock.

Don't need it now though, fingers crossed it'll come by October ;) .

stormtrooper154
08-07-2006, 14:44
Im off to WW tomorrow to get mine and the final bits for my marine army. Then the real works begin.

Wonderdog
08-07-2006, 14:51
Tell me about it :S

Insane Psychopath
08-07-2006, 15:01
Just to point out Heat 3 been selling big. The phone where busy due to everone who entering the GT from all walk of this world.

Just waiting my my first new Pred to dry from the ink. Then it'll be easy work from there on in & even have tome to watch DrWho with that big battle going on :D

All is good

IP

edit++

"3. Insane Psychopath - Iron Warriors (easy to kill with bikers btw)."

Phil you git, I will get you back.

Fallen Angel
08-07-2006, 15:07
Hmm i could probably do with learning how to play with eldar. After playing 4 years of marines, ive played approximately 10 games with eldar and only two of them have been using falcons and wave serpents, the rest have been mass aspect rush. Guess im doing the opposite of last year and not learning how to use my army well before hand!! Go me!!

Insane Psychopath
08-07-2006, 15:44
Phil: I'll try to e-mail you the detail on the hotel. As said there also a great place for food near by as well as a supermarket. Also I'm only staying until the Sat, as Sun getting pick up & right after the event be going home with the rest off our lot.

Well back to painting GT stuff

IP

andy10k
08-07-2006, 17:40
Heat 2 and i'll be taking Chaos Alpha Legion :eek:

spikyjames
08-07-2006, 17:41
got my ticket for heat 2, will be marines.

Lavfluris
08-07-2006, 17:42
I am attending Heat 2 with my Black Legion.

EDIT: Seems all the Heat 2 entrants are replying now. One minute after each other...

Wonderdog
08-07-2006, 18:11
Thats my flights booked as well - leaving Friday morning (the 13th... aaargh!) and back up the sunday night. Glasgow --> East midlands return flights = £33 all inc. Wow.

Will be staying with IP in the travelinn near WHW.... hope he doesnt snore.

#Wonderdog

spikyjames
08-07-2006, 19:05
Thats my flights booked as well - leaving Friday morning (the 13th... aaargh!) and back up the sunday night. Glasgow --> East midlands return flights = £33 all inc. Wow.

#Wonderdog

:confused: i think you better check your dates mate, friday's the 10th

james:)

Prophaniti
08-07-2006, 19:24
Heat 1 Tau, see you there.

Insane Psychopath
08-07-2006, 19:33
i think you better check your dates mate, friday's the 10th

Not in October, it on a Tue the 10th, as I'll be seeing Lacuna Coil (metal band) before heading to the GT see why:

http://www.futurestyle.org/archives/images/s/ScabbiaCristina.jpg

:eek:

The Fri me & a few others will leave for GT heat 1 in Oct 14/15th.

Hope you know how to clean, as there no way I'm tide my mess. Also sorry in adviance if I block the toliet man or any smell from there*jokeing*, I cause an earth quick in Malta a few year back (under half true story as well :eek: I'll save that for Bugman bar, just being right place right time)

IP

spikyjames
08-07-2006, 19:49
ah, i was thinking about heat 2.......

oops

lee
08-07-2006, 19:52
am going to heat 1 with drop guard see ya all there

andy10k
08-07-2006, 20:21
Not in October, it on a Tue the 10th, as I'll be seeing Lacuna Coil (metal band) before heading to the GT see why:

http://www.futurestyle.org/archives/images/s/ScabbiaCristina.jpg

:eek:

Shame they are the worst band ever :P (metal bands with female singers just dont cut it :skull:

Insane Psychopath
08-07-2006, 21:16
I find Cristian good singer, just one of my reason to see them & that seh hot of course.

But anyway back on topic. New pred full painted, just got to build the 2nd one, do that tomorrow as I am really tired. Hopeful get it all painted by Mon :D

IP

stormtrooper154
09-07-2006, 12:06
Ticket bought for heat one. I will be taking my space marines - Swords of Retribution.

lonepilgrim
09-07-2006, 16:32
I just bought tickets for Heat 2 (the other two heats clashed with Newcastle home games!). I will be taking my Black Legion. I will probably post in the projects section to track the army's progress toward the GT.

Since this is my first GT I wonder if anyone has any tips on accomodation? Anyone know which hotels are good or bad? Which ones are handy for Warhammer World and/or the train station? Any advice would be appreciated!

Prophaniti
09-07-2006, 17:31
For Warhammer World you've got the P&J, the Castle marina Hotels and Travelodge Riverside.

For the Station there's Bentink & Gresham (Cheap and Cheerful, apparently)

There's also City Centre hotels as WW is about 30 mins walk/ £5 taxi from the centre.

spikyjames
09-07-2006, 19:14
i've booked the hilton in the town centre. surprisingly cheap

cookiescrumble
10-07-2006, 07:33
I'll probably be at the Clarence again. Worked out about £19 a night B&B.

Danger Rat
10-07-2006, 08:13
Ive got my ticket for heat 1 and will be taking Tau.

ninjahamster
10-07-2006, 10:07
Ordered my ticket - will be going to Heat 1, Dunno what i'll be taking - either Guard, word bearers, or Drop Pod marines.

Anathema
10-07-2006, 14:39
Got my ticket for Heat 1, I'll be there along with the large Flame On! contingent with my Eldar. Biel-Tan theme, but disappointingly having to make it Vanilla. See you on the tables or at the bar!

Konrad_Curze II
10-07-2006, 16:27
i will be going to heat 1 with probably my tau.

squigsnok
10-07-2006, 17:03
Still aint got round to buyin ma ticket yet, but with any luck I'll be purchasing it on the morrow at vets night. I'll be takin my chaos army if I can get it finished. Or, indeed, started. :D

.... I'll be seeing Lacuna Coil (metal band) before heading to the GT....

The very reason I cant go to heat 1. I loves the manchester academy.

Shame they are the worst band ever

Dont make me set the squigs on you. You're wrong and ya know it...... :D

Insane Psychopath
10-07-2006, 17:33
Originally Posted by andy10k
Shame they are the worst band ever

Limp Biscuit are the worst ever, Fred fake & a sell out.

Sorry that kind of late, but Lacuna Coil are a good band :D

GT news: My last pred is finish, with new Crusifed Marine, but this time he is Black Templar. The ment to be newer Ultrmarine...well put it nice, he was s*** (well he is Ultramarine after all *joking*). But it just been varnish there & I am happy. Now more gaming time :evilgrin:

IP

cookiescrumble
10-07-2006, 18:40
Don't mean to hijack thread, but there is another thread where others have started to discuss the GT. Feel free to post there.

Linky (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36783)

lee
10-07-2006, 18:42
[QUOTE=Insane Psychopath]Limp Biscuit are the worst ever, Fred fake & a sell out.

no got to be the spice girls:D

Insane Psychopath
10-07-2006, 18:52
cookiescrumble: You will also see Lav started one before you. (Do not mean to be a git). I think this toopic more for ALL the heats, while your & Lav was more for Heat 1.

lee

[quote=Insane Psychopath]Limp Biscuit are the worst ever, Fred fake & a sell out.

no got to be the spice girls

But you would not say no to them, well for me that least three of them :angel:

lee
10-07-2006, 18:58
lee like baby spice:D

Lavfluris
10-07-2006, 19:11
lee like baby spice:DLee needs to get out more.

As well as not spamming every thread about the GT. ;)

lonepilgrim
10-07-2006, 19:17
Thanks to everyone who suggested hotels - I've managed to get a room at P and J for the Friday and Saturday night. Now - onto the boozing!

Is Warhammer World and Bugman's open on the Friday and Saturday night? If so, what time are they open til? Thanks in advance for helping this tournament noobie :)

lee
10-07-2006, 19:20
well the gt schedule says bugmans closes 11pm saturday and 6pm sunday not to sure about friday. hope that helps

Insane Psychopath
10-07-2006, 19:22
Is Warhammer World and Bugman's open on the Friday and Saturday night? If so, what time are they open til? Thanks in advance for helping this tournament noobie

Sat, Bugman bar open until 11pm. For Fri, I would think they close same time as Warhammer World. But again Sat there open until 11pm, though not a lot people hang around until then.

Also you get free lunch on both Sat & Sun, as well as dinner on Sat, but to get that, make sure you have your GT ticket by you. Also free bottle of water are handed out.

Can't wait, should be great fun.

IP

cookiescrumble
10-07-2006, 19:35
I'll probably hang aroun bugmans for a bit saturday night, anyone else gonna do the same?

Insane Psychopath
10-07-2006, 19:40
As long as my friends hang around, I'll hang around. So most like to stay there until 11pm. But plan would be after dinner, maybe head back to hotel & leave armies in there & come back to Bungman bar. Just mean nothing to really carry & in the event me (the none drinker) has to help my drunk friends... the memories of last year :rolleyes:

I'm also not going to drink as much Coka Cola eather.. on the Sat night.

IP

cookiescrumble
10-07-2006, 19:43
We could just crash out at Bugmans.

Insane Psychopath
11-07-2006, 07:49
Just got my ticket for Heat 1, my number is 96. Also I got a free sticker with Warhammer, just "Warhammer" :wtf: ahh must be for the new version.

So Iron Warriors full ready gaming & model wise, hotel book, ticket came.

IP

Fallen Angel
11-07-2006, 09:31
Im pretty sure that Flame On will be in Bugmans all evening, being the beer swilling rowdy lot we are. Going to actually try and beat Bingowings at the quiz this year.

ninjahamster
11-07-2006, 11:39
Bugmans was open till 11pm on the Fri last time we went.

Anathema
11-07-2006, 11:47
The very reason I cant go to heat 1. I loves the manchester academy.

Squig, Lacuna Coil are playing Manc on the Thursday the 12th, so you could make it to Heat 1.

Wonderdog
11-07-2006, 12:28
Who's up for a heavy Bugmans session on friday night then? IP says he is buying the first round :D

#Wonderdog

cookiescrumble
11-07-2006, 13:48
Who's up for a heavy Bugmans session on friday night then? IP says he is buying the first round :D

#Wonderdog

Would love to but going up saturday morning. How does saturday night sound??

Wonderdog
11-07-2006, 13:51
I've got no problems getting wasted 2 nights running... it'll probably help my 40k skillz anyway :D

#Wonderdog

Insane Psychopath
11-07-2006, 19:55
Wonderdog
Who's up for a heavy Bugmans session on friday night then? IP says he is buying the first round

#Wonderdog

Aye Phil, that'll happen as soon as pigs can fly, I poop out gold & I become a god. If anything you should be getting me a birthday present in Sept.

Sorry be a git, but I only by drink of cola for myself. Rest money going toward a new Chaos force.

Wonderdog
I've got no problems getting wasted 2 nights running... it'll probably help my 40k skillz anyway

#Wonderdog

Phil, I hear what your like when your drunk & there no way in hell your going get hammer on the Fri & Sat. I do not want to be scared for the rest of my life.

IP

Great Harlequin
13-07-2006, 08:50
I've just returned from Belgium to a GT ticket and Rules' Pack for Heat 1. I should be attending with my Iron Warriors if I can get them painted up in time.

Still got a couple of holidays to go to before I can start painting, but they're all built ready for spraying. Any news on the GT FAQ btw? I've been out of the system for a while and I might have missed something?

All the very bestest,

lonepilgrim
13-07-2006, 09:35
My tickets have just arrived in the post (entrant number 69 - looks like I'll HAVE to include some Daemonettes, then!).

That confirms Bugmans is open till 11pm on the Sat night. Hurrah!

Wonderdog
13-07-2006, 13:19
11pm closing time for a pub... how quaint.

Incidently, I shall lull you to sleep with a drunken lullaby. At 120dB. At 4 in the morning.

#Wonderdog

Insane Psychopath
13-07-2006, 17:06
Any news on the GT FAQ btw? I've been out of the system for a while and I might have missed something?

I e-mail the event team last night. Not hear anything back, but may get somthing tomorrow.

Wonderdog

11pm closing time for a pub... how quaint.

Incidently, I shall lull you to sleep with a drunken lullaby. At 120dB. At 4 in the morning.

#Wonderdog

No you will not or your sleeping out in the hall. I am up that 7am on Sat & Sun for the GT as I want be there right away & not wait, want be there for 8.30am.

IP

Wonderdog
13-07-2006, 17:33
Who said anything about sleeping? Thats valuable drinking time we'd be wasting man!

Lavfluris
13-07-2006, 18:52
Wonderdog, rather than boasting about how drunk you are going to get, can you revert back to updating the first post with who is attending which Heat?

Wonderdog
13-07-2006, 23:40
I'm not boasting... alcohol is a terrible thing you kids should never touch. Look what its done to me after all!

Anyway, dry your eyes, I've updated the list :D

#Wonderdog

Insane Psychopath
14-07-2006, 06:41
Look what its done to me after all!

Trust me you lot, you do not want to. Also he steal money from the younger gamers & use rig dice :rolleyes:

Anyway, I though I let you lot know, so far 50 ticket been sold, maybe more from last time the GW staffer told me. But just though say, Heat 3, seem it'll be another sold out event soon. Nothing on heat 2.

IP

lee
14-07-2006, 08:12
hi all
was reading the 40k rules pack when i looked at the missions to be played. i saw one i cant find the rules for its the hold until relieved one

Wonderdog
14-07-2006, 09:32
Yeh, its a typo - its meant to be the take and hold style mission from the main rulebook.

Insane Psychopath
14-07-2006, 12:55
hi all
was reading the 40k rules pack when i looked at the missions to be played. i saw one i cant find the rules for its the hold until relieved one

As said it just your normal take & hold

Wonderdog
Yeh, its a typo - its meant to be the take and hold style mission from the main rulebook.

Not really, that the name use back in 2004 heats for take & hold.

IP

Wonderdog
14-07-2006, 13:52
So its a repeated typo.

#Wonderdog

PS. building attack bikes makes me cry :S

cookiescrumble
14-07-2006, 17:09
My Guard army is sooooooooo borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!!!

Hate it lol.

Konrad_Curze II
14-07-2006, 17:34
im actually going to heat 2 now, i orded it to heat 1 but when it arrived it was for heat 2.

Insane Psychopath
14-07-2006, 18:13
14-07-2006 18:34
Konrad_Curze II
im actually going to heat 2 now, i orded it to heat 1 but when it arrived it was for heat 2.

Are you not going to phone Mail order & say about the mix up, or are you not bother????

cookiescrumble
My Guard army is sooooooooo borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!!!

Hate it lol.

That least there not 150 Metal once, like =][= Lorr doing ;)

Look like there might be some changies made to my list, nothing big, extra lascannon here & so swap/drops.

IP

3 0f 6
14-07-2006, 18:47
i m going to heat 1, and taking iron warriors, unless someone/something can make me think otherwise, i will be the grumpy looking sodd with a "down with easyjet" t-shirt on since they just canceld my outgoing flight thats in 17days time for no reason

WanderingRogue
14-07-2006, 18:53
I am number 140 for heat one!

Sorry if already said but do us warseers wanna meet up in bugmans friday? at least so we can put names to faces (then we know who to jeer at on the bottom tables :D - ie me :cries: ) :p

Also i notice special characters are allowed so long as they dont have the "must have apponents consent" proviso.......

hmm can i get a farsight army done by 29th of Sept,,,,,,,,,,,,, :angel:

G

3 0f 6
14-07-2006, 18:59
hehe i am ticket #136

Insane Psychopath
14-07-2006, 19:02
Sorry if already said but do us warseers wanna meet up in bugmans friday? at least so we can put names to faces (then we know who to jeer at on the bottom tables - ie me )

Well what time dose Bugman bar close on a Fri anyway????? I though it would be 6pm???

As for meeting up Fri, it kind depend after coming right out a 5 hour drive & if wounderdog can rememeber his way back to the hotel. Or like last year, I'll fall somwhere & not get back up until Sat morining. But no army will be brought until the Sat morning :evilgrin:

Other wise, Sat night going be Bugman night for me, hang with my fellow GW friends :D

IP

Fallen Angel
14-07-2006, 19:03
LOL me and Spookeh are tickets 137 and 138 for Heat 1.

I think we should have a special character challenge, whoever can kill the most!!

WanderingRogue, i'd probably be up for a meet up on friday, maybe a pre tournament warm up game? Be up for a game against AL similar to my own!!

3 0f 6
14-07-2006, 19:07
lol^^^

p+j hotel ftw, stayed there everytime i have come up for the previous heats i have entered

WanderingRogue
14-07-2006, 19:23
@ fallen angel - could do - depends what time i get there, if i get the day off i'll be there and drinking from about 12 so, yes, wicked.

If i cant get day off it will be about seven and i'll prob only be up for the meet and greet. But thanks for the invite, i'll be apprciative of the army critique from a fellow AL player.....

About the special character thing, I personally want to find a Mr M Calgar and batter him for legion pride and a Eldrad so i can laugh " wheres your precious seer council now hahahahahahaha, dakka dakkadakka"............ ehem..

Wonderdog
14-07-2006, 19:25
I'm up for a warmup game (or three) on the friday, and a subsequent beer (or seven) providing bugmans isnt shutting at some embarassingly early hour.

My flight gets in at 10 in the morning friday, so I'll have loads of time to kill until IP arrives (>7pm) to check into the hotel etc.

I shall have to wear something with my name on then. And for those of you who cant read, I'll be the guy surrounded by weeping Iron warriors players.

#Wonderdog

3 0f 6
14-07-2006, 19:27
I shall have to wear something with my name on then. And for those of you who cant read, I'll be the guy surrounded by weeping Iron warriors players.

#Wonderdog

lol, im also an iron warrior player(well i try my best)

truth be told im looking at my space wolves and thinking what if I......

WanderingRogue
14-07-2006, 19:42
maybe we should have teams at the gt?.....

iron warriors vs the rest......:p

Wonderdog
14-07-2006, 20:05
Sounds like the usual routine :D

Well, kinda... theres usually 4 teams - Iron Warriors, Ulthwe strike forces, Space marine static shooters, and "the rest" (making up about 10% between them...).

Fortunately no Seer Council Gayness this year - and my army is built specifically to take apart Iron warriors and shooty marines :D

#Wonderdog

Insane Psychopath
14-07-2006, 20:20
Wonderdog: What about Orks, Bezerker or Nids???? But are you going with the idear I give you.

IP

Wonderdog
14-07-2006, 22:51
I already had it in my list ;) it was meant to be a nasty surprise for you next time we paly :D

lee
15-07-2006, 08:52
my armys buit to die lots:) am going to have lots of fun:D

Master Jeridian
15-07-2006, 10:54
I think we should have a special character challenge, whoever can kill the most!!

I remember that challenge last year- I think I was the only one who faced a Special Character (Nightbringer). It was either win the game or feed my army to the meatgrinder to kill him- tough choice, lol.

I hope they do a Tourney FAQ on that Farsight is not an IC rubbish. Also, is there already an 'official' FAQ out with stuff like Deep Striking Speeder count as moving over 12", etc or is that just Marine-hater's wet dreams.

Xirix
15-07-2006, 16:00
I'm going up with 3 of 6, with a grand Tau army. ^^ Heat 1.

Insane Psychopath
15-07-2006, 17:55
I hope they do a Tourney FAQ on that Farsight is not an IC rubbish. Also, is there already an 'official' FAQ out with stuff like Deep Striking Speeder count as moving over 12", etc or is that just Marine-hater's wet dreams.

Not, the offical Marine FAQ not out yet :rolleyes: I would like to know, just for my Raven Wing army really (though I never deep strike them, no point really when you got a 24 inch move for last min object getting, ether way I still get a 6+ Inv save lol)

IP

Insane Psychopath
17-07-2006, 08:02
For those who are wanting to know about the FAQ

Weíre in the process of collating the last of the asked questions and we expect the FAQ to be up some time in the next couple of weeks. It would be sooner, but it seems GW are having difficulties with their web servers which is causing delays in the upload of page updates. In the mean time Iíll try and get a copy emailed to you as soon itís available.

Hope that helps a little

Brian Aderson

IP

squigsnok
17-07-2006, 16:37
Good news chaps! The GT ticket is all sorted and ordered and everything! Should be shuffling it's way to me by snail mail as I type. Wooo! So anyone going to Heat 3, look out for me and my all conquering chaos army of doom (by which I mean "untested, just about painted chaos army of meh")

Hmmmm.... I should probebly beter get on with the army. The problem being, of course, that we're having a rare heat-wave here in manchester at the mo (as I assume you are in the rest of the UK) and I really cant be bothered moving, let alone setling down to some hardcore mould-line removing. I'll keep y'all posted on my progress though. I've made 2 models so far. Out of 60. I'm sure you're all very proud.

IP: send me the damn picture! :D

Wonderdog
17-07-2006, 19:12
Mould line cleaning... tell me about it...

Must... clean... mould lines!....

Fortunately I then only have 23 models to paint in total, plus some cool loot markers. (My army is ickle).

#Wonderdog

#Wonderdog

cookiescrumble
17-07-2006, 19:32
I have actually managed to survive the heat and paint!!! Nearly got a platoon done.

Insane Psychopath
17-07-2006, 20:14
IP: send me the damn picture!

Yeah I'll try get that Pre-heresy Captain sent to you be end of the week.

Wonderdog Mould line cleaning... tell me about it...

Must... clean... mould lines!....

Fortunately I then only have 23 models to paint in total, plus some cool loot markers. (My army is ickle).

#Wonderdog

Should be cool to see them full done, as when I fought them, there where no rider for the bikes

Also rememeber that Lascannon turret :D e-mail me when your coming into GW.

cookiescrumble
I have actually managed to survive the heat and paint!!! Nearly got a platoon done.

That is pretty insane, but hot as hell today. But like a Guards men you push on :D

My mail order for updated HQ should be here tomorrow & then got to wait on wounderdog to give me a turret for my Pred. Got to re-fix the list & test game it tomorrow.

IP

skkipper
18-07-2006, 22:03
I purchased tickets for an american group for heat 1. We got tickets #1, #2 and #3. which should match are ranking at the end of the day. The group includes myself and and two guys that have come close to dominating adepticon the last few years.

Wonderdog
18-07-2006, 22:42
Is that the UK GT skkipper?

If so I look forward to seeing your forces!

Remember that all rulings are UK versions...

WanderingRogue
19-07-2006, 07:32
what you all playing with there skipper then? look forward to seeing u on top tables then (:p )

3 0f 6
19-07-2006, 07:47
[proud to announce my army is done, and despite the heat i have almost finished another 1500pt tournee army since i got my main one done

cookiescrumble
19-07-2006, 11:05
My painting has kinda stalled as "Monkey boy" here may be setting up a business, thats alot of research to do!!!

Insane Psychopath
19-07-2006, 11:37
Hi everon

Just got a update for you lot

The current version of the FAQ should go up next week on the web.

Here’s the .pdf for your information

Brian Aderson

Yep I got my own copy :D

If anyone wise a copy who are entering the GT, e-mail me & I'll send a copy.

edit+ My new version of my HQ, been fully built & painted, just waiting on that Turret from Wounder Dog.

IP

Angels Wing
19-07-2006, 15:01
And how messed up It Is!
I'd email him and warn him he'll be needing another FAQ for the FAQ, the hills!:wtf:

Insane Psychopath
19-07-2006, 15:10
Angels Wing
And how messed up It Is!
I'd email him and warn him he'll be needing another FAQ for the FAQ, the hills

Find that little unfair if people not read it yet.

As for FAQ, there some part you will like, other you will not. Who know, come down to how you like gaming.

For exsample, Daemon Prince (may read it wrong) with Statur get 3d6 for Difficlu terrain test & can re-roll. May not be big, but for someone like me who roll poor for DT test, well it great :D Though I am not useing a Daemon Prince this year :rolleyes:

Your friend Fallen Angle got a copy (I sent it).

Also FoA for Marines see you do not need line of sight as said in the codex.

IP

Angels Wing
20-07-2006, 07:50
Apologies for that, having tanks or Infantry sat on hills making them level 6/5 respectively sort of ruins a LOT of armies and there specific tactics (Tau no longer hidden for one!). :eek:
Looking at the FAQ the repetiveness of some of the points and the mispelling sort of makes me wonder to be honest with you whether Its valid or not.
There just seems to be too many contradictions against the rulebook really to make me believe It's valid.
Could be wrong though :rolleyes:

Insane Psychopath
20-07-2006, 08:29
There just seems to be too many contradictions against the rulebook really to make me believe It's valid.

I know what you mean. I am not p*** off, but it annoy me how, Pete H who made the codex say Daemonic Speed "can" set up in Omega, well turn out they can't, well add to the challege :D

As said it should be ready by download next week.

Check out page 4, qustion 5 from the top. I though it was said, it'll work eather or & I though in the updated Chaos codex (version 3) it dose say shooting or assult????

squigsnok
20-07-2006, 16:48
I'm hopin to get round to browsing through the FAQ a little later on, but from what I've read there do seem to be a few...odd things goin on. But like I say I aint read it properly yet.

As for the army, I'm currently on 3 minor injuries (2 knife slices on my thumb removing mould lines, 1 pin vice wound by drilling all the way through a piece of plactic when pinning it), but I do have a fairly nice pile of cleaned up bits now. My current plan is to get ALL of the mould lines off all the infantry bitz before I start assembling anything. That way I can just convert/glue em all in one go. That way I get the tedious boring bits out the way now and then have all the cool stuff in one go. It's an odd plan but it'll work. I think.

Ticket arrived yeaterday too. #22. My mate who ordered right after me (on the same phone) got #69. We assume, therefore, that it's random as opposed to "next number allocation", otherwise they sold 40 odd tickets in 2 minutes...

Wonderdog
20-07-2006, 18:59
Thanks for the FAQ IP, lots of interesting stuff in there. Glad to see FoTA is just as evil as I'd hoped :D

There are gonna be a lot of very upset IG gunlines at this tourney when I get my hands on em!

#Wonderdog

lee
22-07-2006, 07:25
well finaly got my ticket on friday no26. see you all there:)

cookiescrumble
22-07-2006, 08:12
Got my ticket, and it's the right one!:D :D

Col.Gravis
22-07-2006, 17:06
Right, ordered my ticket, so I'll be there at Heat 1 with my Praetorian IG, tristessa or whatever user name he's under now will be there with his Blood Angels and we'll be bringing along one more, not sure if hes got a username on here or not with Chaos or Tau.

tristessa
22-07-2006, 20:35
Yeah, as above am at heat one with Blood Angels.

squigsnok
24-07-2006, 16:23
I love the fact that I seem to be the only warseer going to Heat 3 this year. Which means that no matter how badly I crash and burn at this event (and with my total lack of anything faintly resembling an AT weapon, I will) I'll still come top of the warseers. Wooo!

3 0f 6
24-07-2006, 23:07
Right, ordered my ticket, so I'll be there at Heat 1 with my Praetorian IG, tristessa or whatever user name he's under now will be there with his Blood Angels and we'll be bringing along one more, not sure if hes got a username on here or not with Chaos or Tau.

hehe im bringing along a tau user too :P

Col.Gravis
25-07-2006, 11:24
I love the fact that I seem to be the only warseer going to Heat 3 this year. Which means that no matter how badly I crash and burn at this event (and with my total lack of anything faintly resembling an AT weapon, I will) I'll still come top of the warseers. Wooo!

hehehe Loner ;)

Heat 1 looks like it should be official known as the Warseer Heat though! :D

3 0f 6
25-07-2006, 14:45
i think heat 1 is sold out, its now not on the online store page, begins with heat 2 now :P

Wonder if any of the wd team etc, will be along to heat 1 this year.

Great Harlequin
25-07-2006, 17:57
Just started painting my army; my Defiler's coming on nicely though I'm rushed for time, so it hasn't been done to the best of my abilities - I might post some pictures up later.

Are we all gonna meet up and get a group photo? I seem to recall it was tried before, but it wasn't pulled off.

WanderingRogue
25-07-2006, 18:33
Why the hell not- you can all squawble at my feet like little liliputians.

And i know most of the Dwarfers go to heat three if they do go but i know a few will be at heat one this year.

Insane Psychopath
25-07-2006, 19:32
Are we all gonna meet up and get a group photo? I seem to recall it was tried before, but it wasn't pulled off.

Sorry, I am not the type for getting photos taken, they steal your soul you know. Though Chaos has it, I plan they keep it or any hot looking goth girl :D

But photos of my army are more then welcome :D

On other note, seem I will be painting Death Guard force since my IWs are full painted. Plan to use them right after Heat 1, being a student & college not starting any time soon, I got lot time, just mean another 1500pts army full painted :angel:

IP

andy10k
25-07-2006, 19:33
Just bought my ticket for Heat 2, accomidation shortly.

My army isn't anywhere near painted yet lol, i think i'll get some all night painting sessions on the go, with re runs of family guy in the background :chrome:

3 0f 6
25-07-2006, 21:14
hehe, i cant be bothered to spend cash on gw at the mo, so im just painting up my masses of unpainted models (it might take a while) pretty much did 1500pt necrons after my tournee army tweaks were painted, now i ll paint more crons.... and lots of necromunda models, not forgetting my dark eldar, though i have plans for them so i should wait for 40k 800th edition, by then the y ll have a decent and new codex

Insane Psychopath
26-07-2006, 10:53
Well tickets are almost sold out for Heat 1, only a 11 left. That 139 people so far going to Heat 1.

Just Heat 1 is usely less people from 86-90 just with it being Summer Holidays for England. While the other heats people taken time off before the x-mas season with works/jobs.

IP

Col.Gravis
26-07-2006, 12:17
*chuckles*

So much for a quiet heat, more like extreme summer heat (how apt :P )

3 0f 6
26-07-2006, 15:21
Heat 1 isnt technically summer holidays this year though, being that it is in october

mortus
26-07-2006, 15:49
Wonder who fancies there chances of getting through to the final, taking necrons isn't going to improve the odds but what the hell!! As long as I get some good games in.

And don't meet "Mr 9 Obliterator Iw player man!" TM

3 0f 6
26-07-2006, 18:05
And don't meet "Mr 9 Obliterator Iw player man!" TM

avoid me lol

mortus
26-07-2006, 18:28
Avoid, like the plague ha ha

Oops wrong army, guess you'll have to put up with a little "gauss weaponry"

Great Harlequin
26-07-2006, 19:56
Sorry, I am not the type for getting photos taken, they steal your soul you know.
Fair enough, but I want to get pictures of everyone's armies. I go to every tournament, take pictures for the first two rounds or so, and forget to do same after that. Well, maybe not everyone's armies, considering there's like 140 people going now I'd guess, but everyone I know of WarSeer if I can manage.

Wonder who fancies there chances of getting through to the final, taking necrons isn't going to improve the odds but what the hell!! As long as I get some good games in.

Necrons aren't bad - they're not likely to win the tournament, but most Necron players can get into the top fifty. My Da'll be taking Neccies as well, so you're not on your own!

In fact, didn't someone come 5th or something last year in a Heat with them?

avoid me lol
I thought you were only taking six! :eek:

Anyway, I prmosed some pics (though they are very bad) of my Defiler.

I've knocked it up in about 3-4 hour's of work effectively so I'm pleased with how it's come out even though I know I could have done better. The photos don't do it justice to be honest, the gold's a lot more well defined, but meh, you know what sort of thing to look out for. Now the rest of the army to paint!

The long-awaited Defiler (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/Harliez/Iron%20Warriors/?action=view&current=Frontal.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2)

Camera's really are rubbish, aren't they? (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/Harliez/Iron%20Warriors/?action=view&current=DarnedCamera.jpg)

Sideshot... (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a46/Harliez/Iron%20Warriors/?action=view&current=Sideshot.jpg)

Hope you like!

All the very bestest,

Insane Psychopath
26-07-2006, 20:29
Fair enough, but I want to get pictures of everyone's armies. I go to every tournament, take pictures for the first two rounds or so, and forget to do same after that. Well, maybe not everyone's armies, considering there's like 140 people going now I'd guess, but everyone I know of WarSeer if I can manage.

That ok. I'll be doing the same, but I'll be taken them though out the event. Once I really like the look of & maybe steal there idear for future armies (but with changies of course) I will take more off. All I can say it, thank ******* my camera can hold a total of 155 photos lol.

Anyway, I prmosed some pics (though they are very bad) of my Defiler.

I've knocked it up in about 3-4 hour's of work effectively so I'm pleased with how it's come out even though I know I could have done better. The photos don't do it justice to be honest, the gold's a lot more well defined, but meh, you know what sort of thing to look out for. Now the rest of the army to paint!

Yep GH the Deflier dose look cool. Now get the rest of the force done :p

For Necron part, they can do alright & are a pretty cool army. I'm ex-necron player, really like there models. Thinking of ordering a spure for loot counters. Really miss my Necron army thinking about it.

Anyway, a guy call Jonathen Crop??? He dose well with a Necron force in the past few GT he went to.

Also Alex F & his famouse Pink Necron came second in the UK GT heat 1 2004.

IP

3 0f 6
26-07-2006, 21:36
pink flower power necrons was it? i hear about those

6 oblits on the list i posted on here yes, 9 on anotherl ist i have haha, but i prob will take 6 or less cause i have better ideas this year

dave is the best
27-07-2006, 13:32
how old do you have to be

squigsnok
27-07-2006, 15:43
@ dave is the best: age for the GT? you have to be 16 to enter, and if you're young I'd suggest you go down with a group of mates coz you'll have to find accommodation and so on...

As for my chances of getting through to the final... erm, I dunno. I've qualified twice in the last 3 years, including last year when I tried a totally untested army (I used marines for the first time in 6 years, having previously used a pure combat orky force. It was a fun learning curve on the first day). This year, however, I've chosen my army based off the "if it looks damn cool" rule. So that means I'm using chosen. So I'm not as confident as I might be.

Whatever happens I'll be having a laugh anyway. Alot of people get hung up about qualifying for the finals, whereas I'm just hoping for a few good opponents, a few good games and (more than) a few good pints.

TO HEAT 3! Join me. You know you wanna.....

dave is the best
27-07-2006, 17:53
to bad im under 16

Malchek
28-07-2006, 12:20
Just got my ticket - heat 1 - Imperial Guard Veteran Army of Plasma death goodness!!! ;) C ya all there ;)

Xirix
29-07-2006, 13:04
Hmm, a group picture of the Warseer peeps.. It's a pity I don't come out on film. ^^ However feel free to take piccies of my army, and perhaps my hand. I've been told my right hand is quite handsome. ;[

3 0f 6
29-07-2006, 14:10
However feel free to take piccies of my army, and perhaps my hand. I've been told my right hand is quite handsome. ;[

that manky old thing, omg no, avoid the hand at all costs

Insane Psychopath
29-07-2006, 19:00
ok...???

Back on topic.

GT heat 1, there are but 8 ticket left for this event, I could see them gone before the end of Aug.

So yep number wise, there will be 142 people over all & Heat 3 pretty much look the same (but unsure the numbers).

It should be a great weekend & I look forward to the battles as well as just spending time that Warhammer World.

So have anyone finish there armies yet??? My army been finish for a while, just chosen to re-do a few loot counters & to fill the time, I have a new 1500pts army to get painted. So they can be ready for after the GT as a sort of "take a break army".

But all is set for thew Grand Tournament :D

IP

lonepilgrim
30-07-2006, 10:54
I'm going to Heat 2 and I'm working on my Chaos Marines at the moment. I've just finished another infiltrating infantry squad and I have an autocannon Havoc to paint up as well as six Daemonettes. I also have the new Terminator Lord to paint but I don't think he'll make the list. I might start a blog to get the army finished.

tristessa
30-07-2006, 11:16
I have to do some serious painting and then some serious gaming to get a nice, competitive list together.

DhaosAndy
30-07-2006, 13:16
Heat 3, Black Legion.

Wonderdog
30-07-2006, 19:35
I just got the fright of my life - girlfriends best mates getting married the weekend of Heat 1... I nearly screamed!

Its all okay though, she's getting married the friday, so I've booked another flight for 10pm, just means I'll be hitting nottingham a bit later than expected :S

#Wonderdog

3 0f 6
31-07-2006, 08:13
ouch wonderdog, close call huh.

IP' thanks you just gave me something to do, I ll make up some counters too, makes objectives look more worth collecting, though last year i recall using £1 coins, hehe, who ever claims it gets it hahaha

Insane Psychopath
31-07-2006, 16:01
Just to say that there is only FIVE ticket left for the UK GT heat 1, 40k. I can pretty much see then not lasting more than two weeks, then be sold out.

On the subject of photos. Be pretty cool for us who are taken photos of Warseer armies, to maybe start a topic, show photos of other memeber armies :D

IP

edit++

"I nearly screamed!"

Wounderdog, you are alway screaming.

Malchek
31-07-2006, 16:45
I've just finished repainting my Imperial Guard army - it only took two and a half weeks (nearly striaght) and a couple of 2 am finishes but I've finally done it. All I need now is to get a seriuous number of games under my belt with as many different opponents as possible (but marines will do...:wtf: )

Looks like an ok mix of armies so far so should be good fun. Anyone got some advice on how they practice? Our local GW usually only allows 1000pt match ups so that will be my staple but I'll play full 1500's with my mates + a few little practice sessions with just 500pts just to get the feel of it all ;)

Anyone in the southampton area need some practice? We could arrange to meet up for a game at GW soton...? Just an idea.

Hope everyone else is making progress with their armies.... ;)

By the way is it required to take loot counters cos I think I missed that bit in the rules pack!? If so I better get the paints out again! ;)

3 0f 6
31-07-2006, 16:48
By the way is it required to take loot counters cos I think I missed that bit in the rules pack!? If so I better get the paints out again! ;)

nah, but its nicer than using coins , and if you are a god with a paintbrush its furthur excuse to demonstrate your skills

o and photo wise i am pretty apt at taking piccies with my slr, but if i have a digi by then i ll take some too, if theres the option of getting togetehr and photographing en masse count me in

Insane Psychopath
31-07-2006, 16:51
All I need now is to get a seriuous number of games under my belt with as many different opponents as possible (but marines will do... )

GT usely Marine heavy, so it'll do some good lol

By the way is it required to take loot counters cos I think I missed that bit in the rules pack!? If so I better get the paints out again

There is a mission, No2 I belive called Secure & Control page 82 of the rule book. Thing is, you do & you don't need to make loot counters, What I mean you need object, 5 max. Could be anything, money, food (my friend give oppent Scottish Biscuits, another give Choc coins) or you can theme stuff to your army.

For myself, I make 5x Destroyed Necrons to fit with my IWs background (some new stuff during Medusa V)

But just anything for that mission, even oil drum from the W40k sprue.

Just anything (with in reason) to count as onject for just that mission.

IP

Malchek
31-07-2006, 17:05
GT usely Marine heavy, so it'll do some good lolIP

That's what I meant! Did yopu not detect the sarcasm drooling from my mouth? ;)

squigsnok
01-08-2006, 09:58
There is a mission, No2 I belive called Secure & Control page 82 of the rule book. Thing is, you do & you don't need to make loot counters, What I mean you need object, 5 max.

I'm pondering what to take as well. Last year I used a few spare squigs I had lurking at the bottom of my case (not really themed to the Dark Angels army I took...) so this year I'm trying to theme em in. Dunno what I'll do yet. Maybe fallen banners or something. Or something more sinister and chaos-y....

But first I have to finish the main part of the army.

cookiescrumble
02-08-2006, 11:54
I've ordered the scanners from FW as my IG ones.

Insane Psychopath
02-08-2006, 12:09
There (all 40k)

3 ticket left for UK GT heat 1
40 ticket left for Heat 2
60 left for Heat 3.

As for army wise, only got a handful of models to do. Yeah, yeah I know but I just enjoy converting stuff.

02-08-2006 12:54
cookiescrumble I've ordered the scanners from FW as my IG ones.

So you sure your sticking with Imperial Guards, you keep change though on army for what, Marines, IWs, Guards Strom Trooper, normal guards, Death Guards........ :eek: :p

IP

cookiescrumble
02-08-2006, 12:19
Yeah IG it is!

Ultima
05-08-2006, 12:17
Hmm I see im slightly late in discovering this thread but o well.
Heat 2, Dark Eldar.