PDA

View Full Version : 7th edition Beastmen 500 list for fun!

armyofmites
08-01-2016, 11:55
We started an escalation game with the 7th rules, and i have this list i'd like to try, can i have your opinion on it? I didn't want to add a shaman, difficult for him under 500pts. The list goes like this:
1x wargor (shield, H.armor, gnarled hide)
10 x gors (AHW, musician, standard)
10x bestigors (musician, standard)
6x ungorns raiders (musician, half-horn)
5x hounds
5x hounds
1x razorgor (damn, i love them) total 499
I tried to build a list that can handle different problems, what do you think of it? Thanks! :)

Ayin
08-01-2016, 15:27
7th edition Beastmen? You sir, are a brave goat-man. Looks like a pretty reasonable list for such low points. I'd suggest running your Gor units with your front unit 6 wide. You're only going to have to lose one model to not get that +1 from the rank bonus anyways and those units are built on you being able to get attacks and do damage, similar to other Elite armies (I similarly ran my Elves 7 wide for pretty much all of 7th).

armyofmites
12-01-2016, 08:11
Ah yes, very good idea! Indeed just one +1 in combat results can make a huge difference at the end of the turn, i'll do that, thanks. And i'll probably add some chariots and some other pumbas to the fun to climb to 1000pts :)

Ayin
13-01-2016, 04:26
Chariots and long charging beasts (when your army doesn't have auto-win cavalry and characters that carry combat res with them) are points well spent.