PDA

View Full Version : WFB GT - Who has bought a ticket, which army, and for which heat?

Danger Rat
10-07-2006, 08:20
Just thought id do one of these for WFB to see if anyone is going to the WFB heats

Im going to heat 2 and will be taking my dwarfs :D

Danger Rat
11-07-2006, 07:58
Nobody going then???

tristessa
31-08-2006, 21:15
I'm going to Heat Three (just bought my ticket) - on a total whim really as I've yet to build a fantasy army for it. I think I'll be taking some Dwarfs or possibly Slaaneshi Chaos.

Danger Rat
01-09-2006, 22:34
Huzzah someone else is going to do fantasy, play dwarfs theres never enough stunty players in the world

Shaft, Lord of Slaanesh
11-09-2006, 07:31
I am going to go the heat 1, all my collegues (sp?) convinced me to do it (never played a WFB tournie, never played in a GW one and haven't played in this kind of environment for a few years...) and it seemed like a good idea at the time :)

I was taking a Skaven army but after realising with two months left to go, I would never paint it so I've decided to go Chaos instead. It's only around 30 models so even I should be able to paint it in time (if I can stop converting the models that is...)

Shaft "You would think I'm panicing about now with the whole army still to paint and three charcters, two chariots and a shaggoth to finish converting but I'm not", Lord of Slaanesh

Danger Rat
13-09-2006, 10:01
[QUOTE=Shaft, Lord of Slaanesh;934673]I am going to go the heat 1, all my collegues (sp?) convinced me to do it (never played a WFB tournie, never played in a GW one and haven't played in this kind of environment for a few years...) and it seemed like a good idea at the time :)

I was taking a Skaven army but after realising with two months left to go, I would never paint it so I've decided to go Chaos instead. It's only around 30 models so even I should be able to paint it in time (if I can stop converting the models that is...)

A good idea when i took my skaven to a heat i had to have a week off work just to get them finished in time.

There can't be only 3 people from warseer going to the wfb heats can there:confused:

Rik Valdis
13-09-2006, 16:07
I would love to go, but I'm unemployed at the moment and it depends on whether I get a job before tickets tot he last heat sell out (if they haven't already). If I were to go I'd take my dwarves, very possibly an all combat army.

Danger Rat
14-09-2006, 11:30
Took this from the Who is going to the gt's thread with thanks to Insane Psychopath, Hope you will be able to go.

Hello there!

Just a quick note to let you know that this year's Grand Tournament tickets have been selling out rather quickly. A big thank you to all those who have entered this year's tournament, and good luck with the competition.

To date, We have the following tickets left if you still want to get involved:

Warhammer Fantasy Battle
Heat 1 - Sold Out
Heat 2 - 11 Left
Heat 3 - 57 left

Warhammer 40K
Heat 1 - Sold Out
Heat 2 - Sold out
Heat 3 - 15 Left

These tickets are shifting fast, so if you want to join in, get in touch with Direct Sales on 0115 914 0000.

Thanks for your time and see you there!

Andy Joyce
UK Events Project Manager

gortexgunnerson
17-09-2006, 18:48
Well me and Dodgy Ed will be there (Heat 3) with our Dwarfs! Just for a change to all the other Dwarfs players. Also know 1 brets player going to heat 3.

Think its going to be a stunty fest with the new Book which i think is strange as i think Dwarfs have got weaker with every book since 4th Edition. I still tweaking as i want to take my army i took to the GT 2 years ago but its not legal under the new book and having defiante issues working it into the new rules.

I like bits and pieces of new rules I just think they increased the problem of Special choice crowding. At the moment am taking 4/5 core 4 special and 1 rare but its all painted up and stuff so not too much worries there, normally I would be "painting" up til the last few hours (by I i mean Dodgy_Ed my painting abilities limit me to doing the tasks like making and painting warmachines lol)

But we have a cool theme so look out for the Good, the bad and the Stunty armies in Heat 3.

Anyone taking any special characters to the GT, I thought there'd be plenty but the with everyone taking Dwarfs the SC just dont match up points wise to a good Lord choice, got to love Dwarf runes

Dodgy Ed
19-09-2006, 08:48
As Gortex says I'll be there, with Dwarf army and hopefully an ace display base, although I am starting a post grad course so that may fall by the way side :mad:

Any Warseers' up for a night out on the Friday to start the tournament in the traditional fashion?

mightymouse
19-09-2006, 18:32
going to heat 1 .......again. taking undead ..... again:) see you guys there. ill have von carsteins with lots of knights.

Lord Gordonis
20-09-2006, 11:05
Im going to heat 2 with my Waaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Danger Rat
20-09-2006, 12:50
Might run into your Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh then

Lord Gordonis
21-09-2006, 09:34
@DR: Yep you might well be

gortexgunnerson
15-10-2006, 19:43
Any Qualifiers from Heat 1! What army did you play and any pans for the final? Has Heat 2 taken place yet?

Doomseekers
15-10-2006, 19:52
One day when im actually good at the game :D maybe ill go... take me gobbo's... blow up my shamans... its all good! :D

gortexgunnerson
22-10-2006, 11:43
Come on boys and girls we must have a bit of news from the fantasy players on here. We're commiting ultimate blasformy in being out done by 40K players, a grave sin indeed. They even have results sheets posted. any heat 1 players albe to do the same, as I would interested to see the armies which qualified

Danger Rat
25-10-2006, 08:10
Heat 2 is the 4/5th of november i will try to scan in the results after the event.

Any Qualifiers from Heat 1! What army did you play and any pans for the final? Has Heat 2 taken place yet?

Brushmonkey
25-10-2006, 09:23
Heat 3 with my Lizzies for me.

hammerofulric
29-10-2006, 08:40
Here are the results from Heat 1.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tournaments/wh-2006-07/assets/wh-2006-07-heat1.pdf

I'll be there with Runelord Extreme, Thorek Ironbrow, and lots of bang!

gortexgunnerson
30-10-2006, 19:32
A win for mister Sturge!! Interesting, I can guess his army is alittle filthy as have seen a few of his other armies and they are always very powerplayesk. Oh well just have to hunt them down slowly and surely with my dwarfs. But am sure they are very pretty as Joe is Eavy metal team so normally does nice pretty armies, his Dogs of War are very nice.

This year am taking my best painted army ever to a tournment, mainly because it is finished and will not be painted the night before. So think this lack of pressure and the idea I might sleep in some of the nights leading up to heat 3 worries me that bI would be in my normal tournment mind of shattered, hungover and highly stressed about the work I should be doing over the weekend. I think this could be detrimental to my perform this year. Is it top 50 to qual?

Hammerofulric, Congratulations, which dwarf army is you, where did you place?

Brushmonkey will see you their with my Dwarfs, me and dodgy Ed will be drinking heavy on both Friday and saturday night if you fancy a night out in nottingham. Offer is open to any other heat 3 people?...

Danger Rat
07-11-2006, 07:42
Well I finished 99th after drawing 3 winning 1 and losing 2. 5 of my 6 opponents were great to play. My only grumbles were that i had to play 4 wood elf armies (not much fun for a combat dwarf army) and that under the old points sytem i would almost certainly have qualified. Oh well theres all ways next year. I will try and post some pics of the best painted army nominees later this week.

Lord Gordonis
08-11-2006, 09:59
I finished 125th with 2 losses and 4 draws, had a good weekend heard some nice things about dragons. All 5 of my opponents were great had a great time, I liked the beastman army with a freaky giant in and other old gw minis!

Danger Rat
08-11-2006, 12:08
My personal fav was the converted beastman army (all the models had been converted and painted to look like tigers)

Lord Gordonis
08-11-2006, 15:50
That was ok from afar but when you got up close it looked horrible

Danger Rat
09-11-2006, 08:10
I wouldn't say it looked horrible and you've got to admire the effort put in. The dark elf army that won certainly deserved to i will try and post the pics i took soon.

gortexgunnerson
17-11-2006, 14:04
Good luck to any and all playing this weekend in Heat 3! Will be their with my Dwarfs and a hangover :)

Brushmonkey
17-11-2006, 14:26
My black and white lizzies will see you there then.

gortexgunnerson
27-11-2006, 10:32
Any more qualifiers from portent?!? I came in 40th after soem shocking dice roles in 2 games. Dwarfs running away from panic, losers!!! They are getting droped for the final. Am thinking of Tomb kings or Beasts for a change