PDA

View Full Version : WarSeer is Reborn

blackcherry
01-12-2016, 18:47
Welcome to WarSeer Reborn.

We are grateful to the community for all the messages of support and displays of solidarity during the downtime*. We can confirm that this was the result of the site being hacked** and although this was a time of great sorrow – after months of work the site has been rebuilt and has been reborn from the ashes to rise again.

This will be a long thread. Apologies, but a lot needs to be covered.

The Big Changes

Members will notice significant changes on the site. We are sorry to confirm that the great bulk of the attachments and avatars (lost during the previous crash) have indeed gone forever. This is because no backups were created between crashes – something beyond the control of the site staff. Although the site superficially looks the same, due to the number of security issues raised when the site was taken on, it has been entirely rebuilt from scratch. We are pleased to say that we have been able to preserve our existing database of users, together with your thread content. We would advise all users to immediately change their passwords after logging in.

We can also confirm that the site has had a change of ownership. Its new owners are long-time members of WarSeer who are very much invested in seeing the site thrive and grow. Although of course you will still see familiar faces in the Admin /Mod Team.

There are many changes still to be made on the site. We will be unveiling a new WarSeer logo, new forums and various other features over the next few weeks. Our focus was to get the site up and running as quickly as possible for the community to re-engage whilst we reshape WarSeer. We want to propel it back to its position as one of the premier online Gaming and Modelling forums. We hope you will support us in that goal.

To help us do so, if you notice any small glitches or snags such as missing icons please pop a message in the WarSeer New Bug Report Thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?416623-WarSeer-New-Bug-Report-Thread) and we will deal with those issues as quickly as possible. Equally, if you have any ideas for the site - please put a message in The Future of WarSeer forum (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?28-The-Future-of-WarSeer) and we will be pleased to listen.
The site is still in its infancy and suffering from a few teething problems, but with your help we will get these ironed out in the coming weeks. Bearing this in mind, please be patient and just make sure that all errors or glitches are reported to us as soon as possible.

We would also like to reassure members that there is now a robust system of backups in place and we have technical support staff who are monitoring the site daily to smooth its running. Keeping your data and threads secure is our priority along with providing a safe and family-friendly community for people to share thoughts, ideas and make friends.

We have a Twitter account (https://twitter.com/warseer_forum) and a Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/2220125460/) which you are more than welcome to join. Any site updates or news will be posted across these Social Media sites together with a post in WarSeer News – so you can always remain informed.

There have been significant changes to forum structure and many categories have been moved, altered or amalgamated under new headings. We hope these changes are intuitive and make navigating the forums easier and quicker. If you have any questions just ask in The WarSeer Helpdesk (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?35-The-WarSeer-Helpdesk) and we will be pleased to direct you. All old threads are still on the site – none have been lost – but as moving so many threads on an individual basis was impossible, some yet have to be moved into their final destination forum. (ie. The Project Logs are currently being divided up into their respective fora and are currently all under the Project Logs main heading). If any of your threads is in the wrong forum please contact us in The WarSeer Helpdesk and we will again be pleased to help.

Searching the Site

You will notice that the search function sometimes does not return many results or sometimes not at all. This does not mean that the content or thread you are looking for is missing but only that the site index will be recompiled over the next few days and weeks and it will then work properly again. Please bear with us on this. This was a necessary step in order to clear our corrupted data.

We now have forums for Warhammer: Age Of Sigmar (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?202-Warhammer-Age-Of-Sigmar), Warhammer: The Old World (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?205-Warhammer-The-Old-World) and The Horus Heresy (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?210-Horus-Heresy), among others, which we hope you enjoy. When posting please remember that this is a family-friendly forum and flaming, trolling, bad language and other such activities will not be tolerated.

Forum Galleries, Icons and Smilies

We are still working on this section of the forums (which finally work properly). If users click on the Gallery link at the top of the forum -it will appear empty and not let you upload images. This will be sorted in the next week. We will post a notification when this has happened.

Likewise, the smilies and forum icons will be restored in the next week. Please note Avatars and Profile Pics should be working fine so get yours uploaded!

Banned members
Previously banned members may contact the site on forums@warseer.com if they wish to be considered for reinstatement and we will be happy to look at your request on an individual basis.

We hope this post answers some of people's questions.

If anyone has any about the topics mentioned in this post, please reply below and we will answer as fully as we can.

Thanks again for all of your support. Here's looking forward to #WarSeerReborn for a long time.

*which shall forever after be referred to as The Great Downtime
** The Great And Woeful Purging

Jim
01-12-2016, 20:44
Good news - very grateful for all the hard work, thank you.

Jim

#WarSeerReborn

Teh Real New Girl
01-12-2016, 20:49
Thank you for the kind comments and enjoy your time on the site. By the way, the avatars should be working fine if you wish to upload yours.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
01-12-2016, 20:53
So good to see Warseer back up and running, long may it keep that way.

Thanks to all who made it happen and continue to keep it going

Morglum Necksnapper
01-12-2016, 21:02
Great to see Warseer back! I've missed you guys and girls.

Cohinor
01-12-2016, 21:04
Thank you for bringing back Warseer! It's nice to be home at last.

ashc
01-12-2016, 21:04
For the War(Seer)master!

Great to see the community getting back on its feet.

Horace35
01-12-2016, 21:05
It's good to be back :)

Had to clear my cache etc to get the login working. Cheers to everyone who fixed everything. Now to fix up my plog.. :)

Ssilmath
01-12-2016, 21:08
Happy to see Warseer back up. Thanks for the work and effort, to everybody involved.

Splagbot
01-12-2016, 21:10
Great to see the forum back up and running, I've missed it these past months.

Great job guys and gals.

wyvirn
01-12-2016, 21:12
"We're back, baby!"

Starscream1138
01-12-2016, 21:21
It's cool to see Warseer back. I was never exactly a prolific poster but I spent a lot of time hanging around and generally having a good peruse.

SteveW
01-12-2016, 21:21
Yay, the only decent wargaming forum returns.

blackcherry
01-12-2016, 21:23
It's good to be back :)

Had to clear my cache etc to get the login working. Cheers to everyone who fixed everything. Now to fix up my plog.. :)

Look forward to seeing it take shape again :)

Lordmonkey
01-12-2016, 21:25
I have a happy :)

xriccix
01-12-2016, 21:27
Glad to see warseer back, really dont like the new layout though!

Teh Real New Girl
01-12-2016, 21:27
It's great to see everybody's lovely comments. So pleased that all the hard work over the last months has been more than worth it. Enjoy our community once again and welcome home. #WarSeerReborn

boli
01-12-2016, 21:30
Glad to see it back although i wonder how much editing i will have to do on my plogs as the old inage links do not seem to be working :/

Scanno
01-12-2016, 21:33
Thanks for getting the site up and running again, I need to get back to posting seeing as I'm back into the hobby properly for the 1st time in years.

blackcherry
01-12-2016, 21:38
Glad to see it back although i wonder how much editing i will have to do on my plogs as the old inage links do not seem to be working :/

Hi Boli,

Can you pop us a message on the WarSeer Helpdesk? We can help more specifically that way :)

Commissar von Toussaint
01-12-2016, 21:41
Awesome! To celebrate, I'm going to offer Conqueror as a free download (as soon as I can figure out how to set that up, of course :p ).

silverstu
01-12-2016, 21:52
Thanks for bringing warseer back to life and new and improved!! I've missed this place!!

McMullet
01-12-2016, 21:56
Welcome back online, Warseer ol buddy.

Gen.Steiner
01-12-2016, 22:02
Thank you to all the hard working Techpriests and Servitors who have, with the Omnissiah's blessing, restored this fine site.

Lord Malorne
01-12-2016, 22:04
We will be unveiling a new WarSeer logo

This has me a little worried, i'm really attached to the old black and blue frost chains.

sigur
01-12-2016, 22:10
Re-born! Re-born! Re-born!

This is cool. :) I'll dive right in. Good to see you guys back.

edit: McMullet is back! It will be like the old days! :cries:

blackcherry
01-12-2016, 22:12
Awesome! To celebrate, I'm going to offer Conqueror as a free download (as soon as I can figure out how to set that up, of course :p ).

We feel honoured. Thanks Commissar!

mdauben
01-12-2016, 22:25
Woo-hoo! great to see the forum back.

Ultimate Life Form
01-12-2016, 22:27
Congratulations on the successful relaunch. Despite everything looking as it always did I know there must be an ungodly amount of work going on behind the scenes.

While it is not my intention to rain on everyone's parade I have a small but important point of critique I want to share, and I figured the earlier the better before any significant damage is done. Without further beating around the bush:

While I have always been in favor of splitting the Warhammer Fantasy forum up, I'm far from happy with the decision of simply dumping WHFB and T9A together in a single forum. If nothing else for the simple reason that the two are, save for superficially similar rules, entirely unrelated, and T9A is quite clearly NOT a GW product. Maybe we can sort this out? I don't want to discriminate against T9A players (in fact I fully support the project) but let's face it, the proper place to discuss T9A is the official T9A forum.

blackcherry
01-12-2016, 22:42
Congratulations on the successful relaunch. Despite everything looking as it always did I know there must be an ungodly amount of work going on behind the scenes.

While it is not my intention to rain on everyone's parade I have a small but important point of critique I want to share, and I figured the earlier the better before any significant damage is done. Without further beating around the bush:

While I have always been in favor of splitting the Warhammer Fantasy forum up, I'm far from happy with the decision of simply dumping WHFB and T9A together in a single forum. If nothing else for the simple reason that the two are, save for superficially similar rules, entirely unrelated, and T9A is quite clearly NOT a GW product. Maybe we can sort this out? I don't want to discriminate against T9A players (in fact I fully support the project) but let's face it, the proper place to discuss T9A is the official T9A forum.

Hi ULF,

We'll look into in in the next week or so :). Thank you for your comments - we are open to the communities thoughts.

WarSeer has a home for Age of Sigmar, Warhammer: The Old World and 9th Age as far as I'm concerned.

Blackcherry

Warseer Inquisition ][

Xisor
01-12-2016, 22:50
Great to see the place back. Shame to have lost its legacy, but I suppose it's off to join the posts from Portent before it.

The upside is: I'm less likely to happen across ten year old threads and start typing out replies before thinking to myself "who even is this guy?"... only to find out it was me, ten years previous!

ModernKiwi
01-12-2016, 22:57
Congratulations on making it back. It's a hard road to walk (been there, tried that, gave up and let the forum fold).

Cyrox
01-12-2016, 23:00
Well done to all involved, welcome back!

Voss
01-12-2016, 23:28
Congrats on climbing back from the depths of the warp. Other sites were tried, but... Well. Less said, the better.

Skywave
01-12-2016, 23:37
Finally, good to see Warseer back up!

Kudos to everyone who worked to get this place back ion it's feet, really appreciated :) As far as this hobby is concerned, Warseer was my favorite place to visit and hope it'll stay that way with the new forum!

Vet.Sister
02-12-2016, 00:28
Welcome back, I missed you my old friend.

Kiro
02-12-2016, 00:33
Good to be back; I missed this place :)

clodax
02-12-2016, 01:58
I am happy you guys are back. warseer is my favorite table top gaming website

Kelkyen
02-12-2016, 03:09
Thank you for getting the band back together. (http://imgur.com/J2yog2V)

Darnok
02-12-2016, 03:11
"It's about time..."

So good to be back. Thanks for all the hard work put into this so far. And welcome to a whole new world. :D

Bergioyn
02-12-2016, 03:27
Back in business eh?

Colonel Jacka
02-12-2016, 03:53
Great job Lads it's great to have Warseer up and running again. Awesome effort from you all!

Caiphas Cain
02-12-2016, 03:57
Terrific to see WarSeer reborn from the ashes. I do not like the new layout, or the idea of a new logo, but maybe an old curmudgeon like me can adjust.

Shas'El Tael
02-12-2016, 04:31
Top work guys. I can empathise on many levels, my 10 year old site hacked twice in a year (wiping all data, praise be to backups) and rebuilding Advanced Tau Tactica all over again to survive transfer of the database through 10yrs of upgrades.

Good to see Warseer online again, was getting pretty thin for venerable communities of the Warhammer online sphere! :)

Azazyll
02-12-2016, 04:38
It is good to be home. Thank you all :)

MacMortal
02-12-2016, 04:52
Great to have you guys back!

Bergioyn
02-12-2016, 05:06
Terrific to see WarSeer reborn from the ashes. I do not like the new layout, or the idea of a new logo, but maybe an old curmudgeon like me can adjust.

I kinda agree, but let's see how things turn out first. Then we can grumble about the good old days.

Late
02-12-2016, 05:29
Great job, the best modern wh forum is back.

Inquisitor Engel
02-12-2016, 05:51
Fabulous to be back.

Rome was not [re]built in a day.

Bergioyn
02-12-2016, 06:38
Fabulous to be back.

I do miss having the username/avatar to the left of the post though, and a line separating signature from post, but those That's a wider vB change AFAIK anyway.
Hopefully not. I assumed the new placing was just a place holder that'd get replaced eventually. If it's not, well... not a fan.

MOMUS
02-12-2016, 06:51
It's feels good to be back!

:) :shifty: :)

Spyros80
02-12-2016, 07:02
Welcome Back!

Lord Damocles
02-12-2016, 07:24
Congratulations on getting Warseer back up on its feet again.

It would have been easy to have allowed it to die, which would have been a great loss. Your efforts are to be applauded, sirs/madams of the Rebirth.

Chem-Dog
02-12-2016, 07:35
Good to see the old bird flying again, a heartfelt thanks to those who've put in the time and resources to make it so. Already seeing a bunch of the old faces here abouts, it's like coming home.

Kakapo42
02-12-2016, 07:38
Well it took a long while, and costed me my entire browsing history, but I'm finally back (if any of the admins see a help message from me saying I can't login, you can ignore it for now, I seem to have fixed it).

Good to have the site back. You know for the longest time I didn't think I'd ever have any need for news and rumours, but going without this site and it's news and rumours section that collates the rumours of the internet into one convenient location for the last few months has left me feeling genuinely blind. I guess it's one of those things you never really appreciate until it's been taken away.

Latro_
02-12-2016, 08:05
Just checking in! holla ya'll missed you!

wabbit
02-12-2016, 08:15
Also had to clear my cache to log in, top tip that man. Well.. back to lurking on a diet of moreish plog crack

Overlord Krycis
02-12-2016, 08:19
Huzzah!

Glad to see the forum back up and running.

Great work!

Soulless
02-12-2016, 08:25
The moment that I've had seen this beutifull blue and black page agin made me shed a tear :P Thx for this guys - Long Live the Warseer !

Apologist
02-12-2016, 08:55
Glad to have Warseer back – it'll be good to draw a line under things and look forward to a glorious new rebuild! :)

Bob Hunk
02-12-2016, 08:59
Very pleased to have Warseer back, thanks to the team for all their hard work! :D

Zustiur
02-12-2016, 09:08
Yay. Welcome back and thanks for all the hard work.

anselminus
02-12-2016, 09:51
I'm really happy that Warseer is back on

samael
02-12-2016, 10:04
It's back, it's back! Yeeeehaw. Thanks for all the hard work guys! <does happy dance>

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 10:37
Great to see the place back. Shame to have lost its legacy, but I suppose it's off to join the posts from Portent before it.

The upside is: I'm less likely to happen across ten year old threads and start typing out replies before thinking to myself "who even is this guy?"... only to find out it was me, ten years previous!

Well sorry to disappoint you but all the old threads are here from WarSeer....none lost. Its just the thread search index that has to be rebuilt so you'll be reliving your old embarrassing posts in no time ;)

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 10:42
Congratulations on making it back. It's a hard road to walk (been there, tried that, gave up and let the forum fold).

Thank you for your kind words. Yes it has been very hard work and long hours but its all worth it to see the community's reaction.welcome back!

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 10:45
Congrats on climbing back from the depths of the warp. Other sites were tried, but... Well. Less said, the better.

Thank you.

Lets just hope nothing came back with us...... :SHIFTY:

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 10:47
Finally, good to see Warseer back up!

Kudos to everyone who worked to get this place back ion it's feet, really appreciated :) As far as this hobby is concerned, Warseer was my favorite place to visit and hope it'll stay that way with the new forum!

Thank you! And we hope you like what we have in store for the site :) We hope to stay your favourite too

shabbadoo
02-12-2016, 10:50
It's ALIVE! Hell yeah!!! :D

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:06
Thank you for getting the band back together. (http://imgur.com/J2yog2V)

We're on a mission.... from Slaanesh :shifty:

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:08
Great job Lads it's great to have Warseer up and running again. Awesome effort from you all!

I see nobody did nick your UN ;)

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:09

Thank you for the kinds words and I hope it grows on you. As for the new logo you never know you may like it ;)

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:11
Top work guys. I can empathise on many levels, my 10 year old site hacked twice in a year (wiping all data, praise be to backups) and rebuilding Advanced Tau Tactica all over again to survive transfer of the database through 10yrs of upgrades.

Good to see Warseer online again, was getting pretty thin for venerable communities of the Warhammer online sphere! :)

Thanks you! Yeah it's pretty sucky but on the bright side a chance to do everything better hopefully. Welcome back!

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:13
Fabulous to be back.

Fear not! Those features are returning!

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:14
Congratulations on getting Warseer back up on its feet again.

It would have been easy to have allowed it to die, which would have been a great loss. Your efforts are to be applauded, sirs/madams of the Rebirth.

Thank you and welcome back yourself. Hard work but more than worth it.

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:16
Good to see the old bird flying again, a heartfelt thanks to those who've put in the time and resources to make it so. Already seeing a bunch of the old faces here abouts, it's like coming home.

Thank you. Welcome home indeed. Lets work together to make it great.

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:18
Well it took a long while, and costed me my entire browsing history, but I'm finally back (if any of the admins see a help message from me saying I can't login, you can ignore it for now, I seem to have fixed it).

Good to have the site back. You know for the longest time I didn't think I'd ever have any need for news and rumours, but going without this site and it's news and rumours section that collates the rumours of the internet into one convenient location for the last few months has left me feeling genuinely blind. I guess it's one of those things you never really appreciate until it's been taken away.

Thank you. Yes saw your message before this haha.

As for news & rumours.... we all have to feed our inner gossip .... so enjoy being home again.

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:19
Also had to clear my cache to log in, top tip that man. Well.. back to lurking on a diet of moreish plog crack

I prefer souls and pie but each to their own ... shifty

Teh Real New Girl
02-12-2016, 11:20
The moment that I've had seen this beutifull blue and black page agin made me shed a tear :P Thx for this guys - Long Live the Warseer !

Aww shucks dude! Thanks! Great to see you back

Sureshot05
02-12-2016, 12:18
Great to see the site back up. Great news. I also approve of the forum rearrangement and tidy up.

Angelwing
02-12-2016, 12:50
Welcome back! :D

blackcherry
02-12-2016, 13:39
Thank you for all the support so far.

The issues raised, well we will be looking into them as many are known to us. Thanks for raising them though :)

Irisado
02-12-2016, 15:36
Thank you to everyone for all the hard work behind the scenes to bring WarSeer back. I am sure that it was anything but easy. Thank you to all those who have taken on the responsibility of taking over ownership as well.

Minsc
02-12-2016, 16:17
Nice to see the forum back up, good work to everyone involved in it's ressurection. :)

duffybear1988
02-12-2016, 19:08
It lives!

Hello guys and dolls, I have missed you.

Zywus
02-12-2016, 19:47
Good to see the forum back. I admit I had lost hope there for a while.

I hope this layout is only temporary. Having the avatars between posts rather than besides them is a mess.

Very disheartening to see all the project logs gone* :( The new organization has potential at least. The old forum was far too Warhammer-centric IMO.

*Or are they really? I notice I can find my old logs through the links in my sig. So they are still there somewhere! They just can't be find without direct links.
The pictures aren't showing at the moment, but that should be fixable for any log that hosted it's pictures off-site.

Kronos
02-12-2016, 19:50
Thanks for all the hardwork beinging warseer back Mods and admin, after being here for nearly nine years it's become my home in the Aether.

Hope to chat, debate and rejoice with all pronto.

GraemePaul
02-12-2016, 19:55
Missed you Warseer.

Your Modeling and Painting forums are a treasure of the hobby and it's great to have them back.

Here is to another ten years.

tryanotherone
02-12-2016, 20:46
It's great to see you back.

Thanks for the effort, WS team. :-)

Zaonite
02-12-2016, 21:40
Glad to see warseer back up and running. I must admit that I have missed it. Despite it's detractors online!

Is Wintermute still kicking around?

Warseer is dead. Long live Warseer Reborn!

lorelorn
02-12-2016, 22:11
It's good to be back!

Lord Malorne
02-12-2016, 22:53
Glad to see warseer back up and running. I must admit that I have missed it. Despite it's detractors online!

Is Wintermute still kicking around?

Warseer is dead. Long live Warseer Reborn!

Say not the Big Scary Robots name, lest you summon him forthwith!

The Black Shield
02-12-2016, 22:56
Greetings and it feels good to be back. Thanks guys for all the hard work getting back Warseer up and running.

Dark Elf
03-12-2016, 00:37
Welcome back you guys!
Thanks for separating the Old world from that other game.

C-Coen
03-12-2016, 07:34
Many thanks for the hard work so far and in the time to come, it really is much appreciated. So good to finally read white and blue text on a black background again. =)

Teh Real New Girl
03-12-2016, 08:43
Thank you. Welcome back

blackcherry
03-12-2016, 10:50
Good to see the forum back. I admit I had lost hope there for a while.

I hope this layout is only temporary. Having the avatars between posts rather than besides them is a mess.

Very disheartening to see all the project logs gone* :( The new organization has potential at least. The old forum was far too Warhammer-centric IMO.

*Or are they really? I notice I can find my old logs through the links in my sig. So they are still there somewhere! They just can't be find without direct links.
The pictures aren't showing at the moment, but that should be fixable for any log that hosted it's pictures off-site.

Hi Zywus,

The logs are all there. Some are a little misplaced at the moment due to a computer crash mid transfer. If you let us know the name of your plog and where it should go here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?418962-Organising-the-painting-and-modelling-logs), we'll move it back asap :)

The site search engine should be up and running in a few days. Just takes a whlie for it to reindex itself.

Vazalaar
03-12-2016, 11:26
Welcome back. Hopefully the painting logs will thrive again!

Sai-Lauren
03-12-2016, 13:01
Thanks to everyone for their hard work in getting Warseer back.

Radium
03-12-2016, 16:01
Good to see Warseer is back! Also fantastic to see so many familiar names on here again.

Thanks to all the folks working behind the screens getting Warseer back. There are many forums out there, but Warseer was (and will be) the best!

Astraeos
03-12-2016, 18:53
It's awesome seeing this forum return, and just as awesome seeing loads of names I recognise!

Cap'n Facebeard
03-12-2016, 20:29
Nice work! And good to see so many of the old peeps are still alive :D

mrtn
03-12-2016, 21:54
Nice work! And good to see so many of the old peeps are still alive :D

Indeed. Hell must be empty, and all the devils are here, or whatever that man said. Now to find that old avatar pic.

duffybear1988
04-12-2016, 15:39
Well it's freezing in England so maybe he'll froze over and now the inmates have broken free...

Teh Real New Girl
04-12-2016, 18:17
Well it's freezing in England so maybe he'll froze over and now the inmates have broken free...

That sounds ..... worrying...... and entirely plausible..... ;)

blackcherry
04-12-2016, 18:29
That sounds ..... worrying...... and entirely plausible..... ;)

If we've escaped...then where is everyone on the Internet from?!

Sildani
05-12-2016, 01:35
Hey! It's back! Thanks to all for their hard work and dedication!

de Selby
05-12-2016, 04:43
knick-knack paddywhack
WARSEER IS BACK

Well done for heroically saving all the plogs.
I like the new forum arrangement for all the different games too.

Is there a list somewhere of who are the new team? Owners, admins, technical people?

Skits
05-12-2016, 05:19
Ahh it's so good to have WarSeer back! I missed the white and blue on black colour scheme, and all the Plogs! Thank you WarSeer team for all your hard work!

Now to go about updating my plog with the past several months' worth of progress... XD

Colonel Jacka
05-12-2016, 08:17
I see nobody did nick your UN ;)

Happy about that TRNG! I will rebuild my threads from the start again and make sure this time I don't lose the pictures. All good though just glad to have Warseer back. Survived the loss of Portent will survive the lose of Warseer a couple of times. Look forward to the emaill notifications coming on line again.

boli
05-12-2016, 08:30
Has anyone else struggled to get this forum working correctly with tapatalk?

Cap'n Facebeard
05-12-2016, 08:38

Doesn't explain this burning hunk of love in Australia though! 35+ degrees my friend - and I'm talking Celsius.

Colonel Jacka
05-12-2016, 08:46
Doesn't explain this burning hunk of love in Australia though! 35+ degrees my friend - and I'm talking Celsius.

Suffer mate I've moved to Tassie! Wonderful!

SDKFZ
05-12-2016, 08:52
I have to join in and say thanks a lot for bringing me back " home" !
Great work, you Guys.

Colonel Jacka
05-12-2016, 09:00
I have to join in and say thanks a lot for bringing me back " home" !
Great work, you Guys.

And you are?

Teh Real New Girl
05-12-2016, 10:05
Hey

Tapatalk isnt installed yet. Are the emails still not working? They should be? Will look at this.

Itsacon
05-12-2016, 10:16
I got a good notification from one of my subscriptions, so some emails are working at least.

Am I the only one for whom the 'remember me' checkbox isn't working?

H3L!X
05-12-2016, 10:57
Heyho all!

Time to get my Project Log back on the rails.

Bloodknight
05-12-2016, 11:44
Excellent work, guys, so happy to see Warseer back.

Irisado
05-12-2016, 18:14
knick-knack paddywhack
Is there a list somewhere of who are the new team? Owners, admins, technical people?

That's still available to view in the same place it used to be before the hack: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showgroups.php?

Reticent
06-12-2016, 14:40
Welcome back!

Teh Real New Girl
06-12-2016, 21:04
Thank you for all the lovely comments. Please keep them coming, we are enjoying reading them all :shifty:

H3L!X
06-12-2016, 22:07
Thank you for all the lovely comments. Please keep them coming, we are enjoying reading them all :shifty:

I have a question and don't know where to put it...
Will there be a mobile Version?

Teh Real New Girl
07-12-2016, 04:56
Yes its just not on yet. As per the announcement questions go in the new bug forum. Cheers

AngryAngel
07-12-2016, 11:36
For good or bad I finally found my way back, though I knew it was coming back up sooner or later, I kept some tabs. Welcome back Warseer and welcome back everyone friend and not so friend alike.

hairyman
07-12-2016, 14:56
Is this thing on?

blackcherry
07-12-2016, 15:36
Is this thing on?

Just about ;)

Good to have to back hairyman.

Arnizipal
07-12-2016, 19:08
Is this thing on?
A living legends returns!

hairyman
07-12-2016, 22:13
I like what you've done with the place :)

Teh Real New Girl
07-12-2016, 22:39
Thank you. Glad you like the new layout :D

Cap'n Facebeard
08-12-2016, 08:44
Will there be a mobile Version?

Simple fix:
Login to Warseer on PC
Place PC on skateboard
Gentle / moderately hard push to begin mobile experience

MDSW
08-12-2016, 13:17
Welcome back to all!

...and in the reboot, might I put in a request for the thread tool to change from the gloriously familiar black background to work safe green/white??? Please???

Teh Real New Girl
08-12-2016, 14:08
Welcome back to all!

...and in the reboot, might I put in a request for the thread tool to change from the gloriously familiar black background to work safe green/white??? Please???

Pop it in the future of WarSeer please and we will take a look at it :)

mattjgilbert
09-12-2016, 21:35
Great to have warseer back.

insectum7
09-12-2016, 23:15
Well well well, lookee here. . . Warseer's back! Nice work!

BlackJuju
10-12-2016, 11:59
Great news indeed, hope everytining will be stable and fine from now on.

Urgat
10-12-2016, 23:51
Yay! it's back!

andyg2006
11-12-2016, 04:48
Hooray!!! I've missed you guys (and ladies) so much. Gonna have no internet for half or most of 2017, but just wanted to say how much I appreciate you all + glad that this site is back up and running.

mattjgilbert
11-12-2016, 19:58
Great to have warseer back.

Even if I did lose thousands of post count :p :)

blackcherry
12-12-2016, 15:27
Even if I did lose thousands of post count :p :)

Hi Matt,

The posts are still there - the site just had to index them all. They'll be back soon :)

iamcjb
13-12-2016, 08:17
Welcome back. Not sure why hackers would take down a forum like this, but I am delighted that you have made it back. Sites like this are vital to the community.

Bloodknight
13-12-2016, 16:28
I didn't get the hacking part either. Got any idea who that was?

Wintermute
13-12-2016, 17:34
WarSeer has been the target of many attacks over the years from idiots posting sexually graphic and violent images all the way to hacking us to take us down.

Why? Well no doubt we have made many enemies over the last 11 years and some people do it because they can.

And if I read all the drivel which has been written about the site/me which is not positive and taken it to heart - I'd have given up year ago.

Wintermute

Colonel Jacka
13-12-2016, 20:43
WarSeer has been the target of many attacks over the years from idiots posting sexually graphic and violent images all the way to hacking us to take us down. Why? Well no doubt we have made many enemies over the last 11 years and some people do it because they can. And if I read all the drivel which has been written about the site/me which is not positive and taken it to heart - I'd have given up year ago.

Wintermute

Wintermute,

Bugger them mate. Your all right by me and I'm glad you hang in there and did not give in to them! There area lot of ********* out there who hide behind their keyboards, but matey their comments have no worth in the real world only actions do.

blackcherry
13-12-2016, 22:42
Wintermute,

Bugger them mate. Your all right by me and I'm glad you hang in there and did not give in to them! There area lot of ********* out there who hide behind their keyboards, but matey their comments have no worth in the real world only actions do.

100% agreed. WarSeer may have a reputation, but I've always felt the mod policy was firm but fair. It's one of the things that I insisted stay the same when myself and the other owner took over.

Not that Wintermute would have let it be any other way. ;)

mattjgilbert
14-12-2016, 08:50
Good news on the posts :)

And agreed that the mod policy has always seemed firm but fair.

C-Coen
14-12-2016, 09:01
When Warseer was down and there was no certainty as to whether it would be back at some point, I had a look at some of the other forums: in part seeking an alternative, in part to see if they had any info on what was happening here. The sheer vitriol in the "What's going on at Warseer" threads didn't exactly make them look appealing as a new home. Again, good to have the old one back instead.

The bearded one
25-12-2016, 22:52
My oh my, I tapped the spiderweb-covered Warseer link on my tablet's homepage on a weird hunch, and I'm greeted with a website reborn. Glad to see it's back alive!

blackcherry
26-12-2016, 09:55
My oh my, I tapped the spiderweb-covered Warseer link on my tablet's homepage on a weird hunch, and I'm greeted with a website reborn. Glad to see it's back alive!

Welcome back TBO. Great to see you again :)

Captain Brown
28-12-2016, 17:33
With the gallery again allowing uploads, if you want a back up to your photobuck or other off site hosting please start uploading.

Now I am moving the PLOGs into the correct sub-forums as quick as I can, but I would encourage all returning members to check their older PLOGs and make certain we have placed them in the correct forum...also check on your photos...if they were hosted on WarSeer they unfortunately were destroyed by the hackers, so we would all love it if you could reload them to share with everyone.

Cheers,

CB

Zemlod
04-01-2017, 06:32
The sheer vitriol in the "What's going on at Warseer" threads didn't exactly make them look appealing as a new home. Again, good to have the old one back instead.

Same for me! And everybody seemed to have a horror story about how he was banned by a mean old artificial intelligence for no particular reason (only to later admit that, yes, he had been flaming and/or flamebaiting...).

I got something of a shock when Warseer was down again for the last days.. Glad you're back for real! :)

MvS
05-01-2017, 20:53
This has made my week. Welcome back Warseer. The internet just wasn't the same without you.

blackcherry
05-01-2017, 21:18
This has made my week. Welcome back Warseer. The internet just wasn't the same without you.

It's brilliant to have you back MvS. WarSeer is better for having you here. :)

Wintermute
06-01-2017, 17:36
Same for me! And everybody seemed to have a horror story about how he was banned by a mean old artificial intelligence for no particular reason (only to later admit that, yes, he had been flaming and/or flamebaiting...).

Ok who was it who called me 'old'? I'll ban him, again :evilgrin:

Morgrish the Malignant
11-01-2017, 20:40
Wonderful! I feared you had fallen, through fire and shadow, but behold! The dearly missed has returned to us!

Thanks to all that have made it happen!!

Colonel Jacka
19-01-2017, 03:56
Guys,

Is there an issue with email notification of posts in subscribed threads? I seemed to have stopped receiving them.

Teh Real New Girl
19-01-2017, 06:43
Guys,

is there an issue with email notification of posts in subscribed threads? I seemed to have stopped receiving them.

Dont think so but I'll check

Wintermute
19-01-2017, 17:48
I've not noticed any problems with those emails.

Colonel Jacka
19-01-2017, 22:11
I've not noticed any problems with those emails.

Yes I have checked all my settings and they seen a go. I have not received anything for a week or so now. I even confirmed if I have blocked the site accidentally but no to that as well.

Dont think so but I'll check

For example I had nothing on these to posts. Thanks for having a look TRNG.

Karak Norn Clansman
20-01-2017, 10:05
Ah, at last. The one and only all-encompassing hobby hub resurfaces! Here's to stable running in the future, and much value to be had in stories, artwork and miniature project logs!

Harry
20-01-2017, 12:36
Boyz* .... I have missed you all so much.

It has been great just to read down some of the names who have posted here .... It's like going home to that pub you grew up in to disciver all the same people still drink there.

* When I say "Boyz" thats in a generic sexless, ageless kind of way like "mates" rarther than to exclude the female members of the forum or any sad old gits that may be reading this. :D

I have such a backlog of painting projects to post .... off to see if I can find that project log.

Welcome back everyone and a very big thank you to everyone involved in getting this site back up again.

Oh .... BRING IT ON!!! :D

Gobskrag 'Eadbasha
20-01-2017, 16:22
Boyz* .... I have missed you all so much.

It has been great just to read down some of the names who have posted here .... It's like going home to that pub you grew up in to disciver all the same people still drink there.

* When I say "Boyz" thats in a generic sexless, ageless kind of way like "mates" rarther than to exclude the female members of the forum or any sad old gits that may be reading this. :D

I have such a backlog of painting projects to post .... off to see if I can find that project log.

Welcome back everyone and a very big thank you to everyone involved in getting this site back up again.

All right! The Pie Man's back, now we can really get this party started!

Colonel Jacka
20-01-2017, 23:38
Boyz* .... I have missed you all so much. It has been great just to read down some of the names who have posted here .... It's like going home to that pub you grew up in to disciver all the same people still drink there.
* When I say "Boyz" thats in a generic sexless, ageless kind of way like "mates" rarther than to exclude the female members of the forum or any sad old gits that may be reading this.

Who you calling a sad old git!

blackcherry
21-01-2017, 18:49
Welcome back Harry. It's not been the same without you :)

Sildani
23-01-2017, 00:46
Ahh, that pie avatar... so much steaming hot, savory rumor goodness that lurked beneath that golden crust.

Now I'm hungry.

Nocturn
23-01-2017, 08:11
Hey folks,

Long time no see! :)
I am so happy to see the warseer community and the forum back alive!

Maybe someone remembers me but I really remember many of you and the great journeys we made through.

Keep it up, warseers!

Greets
Noc :)

Colonel Jacka
24-01-2017, 21:16
Wintermute, TRHG and BC,

I mentioned a issue about the email notification's not happening last week. Well the problem seems to have gone as they fired up again yesterday and I had a dozen this morning. :) Was there an issue?

Teh Real New Girl
24-01-2017, 21:55
It was one of the fixes we have just tinkered with. Only affected a few users. Thanks for letting us know its sorted

Wintermute, TRHG and BC,

I mentioned a issue about the email notification's not happening last week. Well the problem seems to have gone as they fired up again yesterday and I had a dozen this morning. :) Was there an issue?

Colonel Jacka
24-01-2017, 21:59
It was one of the fixes we have just tinkered with. Only affected a few users. Thanks for letting us know its sorted

The Real New Girl is the best girl, but why does it always happen to me. Thanks for that TRNG. Any luck with the Gallery?

SDKFZ
25-01-2017, 15:07
Dont know if its just me, does the rate trade work ?
I cant find it on my account.

WeeDawgNYC
25-01-2017, 15:32
It was a pleasant surprise to receive a "Good Trader" notification this morning in my email.. Welcome back!!!

SDKFZ
29-01-2017, 09:02
Still no news as to why i cant rate traders ?

blackcherry
29-01-2017, 17:29
Still no news as to why i cant rate traders ?

Hi SDKFZ,

If you open a query in the Helpdesk, we will be happy to look at the issue. As it is, quite a few different things to sort with the forums, so haven't had the chance to look at this yet. Posting in the Helpdesk will serve as a reminder. :)

blackcherry

Zenithfleet
10-02-2017, 23:29
Good to see the old place up and running again. Thanks to everyone involved for the hard work. As a BFG aficionado, I've asked the fleet to perform a ten-nova-cannon salute in honour of Warseer's reappearance. Apologies in advance to anyone with a small moon in the firing line.

Now I can go back to lurking, and very occasionally posting a rambling wall of text after midnight, which I inevitably regret in the morning.* :biggrin:

*first rule of the internet: never feed the internet after midnight

Darsc Zacal
06-03-2017, 07:51
Hi all!
It's been quite awhile, but hopefully there's a few folks still around who remember me.
I'm glad to see the forum is back and am looking forward to reconnecting with folks.

And well done to the new owners and management team for bringing Warseer back.

DarthSte
06-03-2017, 08:16
Hi all!
It's been quite awhile, but hopefully there's a few folks still around who remember me.
I'm glad to see the forum is back and am looking forward to reconnecting with folks.

*puts hand up*

*waves raised hand*

Nice to see you back. :)

Colonel Jacka
06-03-2017, 08:41
Yes it is!

Darsc Zacal
06-03-2017, 15:56
Thanks guys!
My avatars a bit different, but it's good to be remembered.

Teh Real New Girl
21-03-2017, 11:29
Welcome back!

Wintermute
21-03-2017, 18:19
Hi all!

I remember you and welcome back.

Wintermute

Spell_of_Destruction
28-06-2017, 06:57
Just a thought, but might it be worth 'condensing' the forum somewhat until traffic picks up? The forum seems to be lacking a 'centre' at the moment and the number of sub-forums seems needless given that posting is fairly sporadic.

The project logs forum is still popular but there seems to be several redundant general discussion forums and only a small number of regular posters. Keeping the general GW discussion to one easily identifiable forum might encourage more posters back into the fold.

murgel2006
02-07-2017, 11:21
Personally I don't think it is a centre that is lacking.
To me the problem is that the old structure is gone. The new one does not work for me and I do not enjoy looking for stuff when I do not intuitively know where to look.
Basically I think there should be some effort put into redoing the Forum in such a way that it resembles the structure Warseer had before the attack.

Karak Norn Clansman
06-07-2017, 09:47
Salvation from the Photobucket woes?

How to Automatically Download Linked Photobucket Images, by Sven Arild Helleland (The Red Terror) (http://blog.kaizen-web.com/php/how-to-automatically-download-linked-photobucket-images/)

@murgel2006: I find the restructuring to be for the better in every way and have been on Warseer since perhaps 2007 thereabouts, but perhaps it's because of the subforums I frequent? It's much easier to have an overlook of subjects.

Karak Norn Clansman
06-07-2017, 22:57
It seems that Warseer, the largest GW hobby forum around, is the hardest to reach all the way to staff and members with urgent news. Size and sheer width of various niches under one umbrella might be a disadvantage for such purposes, I presume. Or have I missed something about Warseer's response to the Photobucket crisis?

Axel
08-07-2017, 07:05
Personally I don't think it is a centre that is lacking.
To me the problem is that the old structure is gone.
++

I miss the "historical" forums. The way things are now organized lets down all the communities that have developed around the old structure. A chance missed, and for what?

Griefbringer
08-07-2017, 09:46
Speaking of the forum structure, the feared Warseer Modquisition does not seem to be herding the threads to their rightful places very actively. For example, the General Wargaming Discussion section, described as being to "discuss the games of manufacturers who don't yet have their own forums" seems to have quite a lot of threads about WH40K 8th edition, which would rather belong to the dedicated GW section.

Irisado
09-07-2017, 10:23
Have you reported all these topics asking for them to be moved?

murgel2006
09-07-2017, 15:26
That is what I meant. There is so much stuff that belongs to the GW part spread around everywhere.
Besides that, the Sections do not have the needed sub folders.
i.e. the 40k Section has "tactics" and "background", where is the News, where is the rules questions? Either it is in a general place or I can not find it.

Because of that I feel many have gone to other forums or even just various facebook groups. Sad really.

Karak Norn Clansman
10-07-2017, 21:21
Erm... (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?422463-Photobucket-Third-Party-woes-as-described-by-Nicodemus&p=7664046&viewfull=1#post7664046)

Is there any consciousness of the Photobucket crisis at all on Warseer?

Any plans to respond? The Red Terror's work might be a starting point. I've no time to volunteer for salvage work here because I'm already doing that over on Chaos Dwarfs Online, but I urge you to save Lew_b81's Ogre Maneater log, the full Hall of Fame section and whatever complete gems happen to stand out in general, whose creators have long gone inactive. Be selective and save the best of the best is my advice. Hobbyists' amassed material are treasures of inspiration, master paintjobs, conversions and even artwork. Will you stand by and just let almost all the old gold go to waste? Members and staff of Warseer, please see this, and act while you can.

Time is of the essence.

Captain Brown
10-07-2017, 23:40
Speaking of the forum structure, the feared Warseer Modquisition does not seem to be herding the threads to their rightful places very actively. For example, the General Wargaming Discussion section, described as being to "discuss the games of manufacturers who don't yet have their own forums" seems to have quite a lot of threads about WH40K 8th edition, which would rather belong to the dedicated GW section.

I have moved numerous threads to GW General Discussion.

That is what I meant. There is so much stuff that belongs to the GW part spread around everywhere.
Besides that, the Sections do not have the needed sub folders.
i.e. the 40k Section has "tactics" and "background", where is the News, where is the rules questions? Either it is in a general place or I can not find it.

Because of that I feel many have gone to other forums or even just various facebook groups. Sad really.

Please post your request in the Help Desk or The Future of WarSeer. Organizational updates are requested of the Administration there. Sorry, I have no ability to add Sub-Forums as that is an Administrator only privilege.

It seems that Warseer, the largest GW hobby forum around, is the hardest to reach all the way to staff and members with urgent news. Size and sheer width of various niches under one umbrella might be a disadvantage for such purposes, I presume. Or have I missed something about Warseer's response to the Photobucket crisis?

Erm... (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?422463-Photobucket-Third-Party-woes-as-described-by-Nicodemus&p=7664046&viewfull=1#post7664046)

Is there any consciousness of the Photobucket crisis at all on Warseer?

Any plans to respond? The Red Terror's work might be a starting point. I've no time to volunteer for salvage work here because I'm already doing that over on Chaos Dwarfs Online, but I urge you to save Lew_b81's Ogre Maneater log, the full Hall of Fame section and whatever complete gems happen to stand out in general, whose creators have long gone inactive. Be selective and save the best of the best is my advice. Hobbyists' amassed material are treasures of inspiration, master paintjobs, conversions and even artwork. Will you stand by and just let almost all the old gold go to waste? Members and staff of Warseer, please see this, and act while you can.

Time is of the essence.

Karak Norn Clansman,

Most active members of WarSeer are making decisions on their own on whether or not they intend to move their material to other sites for hosting purposes. As to inactive members, until the Gallery is fully functional there really is no place to save the images to. The issue has been raised by at least one of us, however unless Photobucket does shut it's doors the images will not disappear from those member's accounts. The code to create thumbnails was passed on a week ago.

Have you reported all these topics asking for them to be moved?
Any thread move requests I have received have been moved within 48 hours as I am not on WarSeer every day...although the handful I have received are using completed with 24 hours.

Sincerely,

CB

Karak Norn Clansman
11-07-2017, 22:08
Thank you, Captain Brown. Just so I know you're aware of it.

MrPieChee
16-07-2017, 07:55
This may be the wrong place to bring this up, but is WarSeer likely to support HTTPS? You can get certificates for free fairly trivially now, so its something that should be on the road map at least of any site which has a login systems.