PDA

View Full Version : Blackshields Successor Chapters

TheSaylesMan
26-02-2017, 23:50
I've been diving into the 30k materials as of late and have been pretty taken by the idea of the Blackshields. Is there confirmation if any of these Blackshields bands that fought on the side of the Imperium during the Heresy were reintegrated? Perhaps with new heraldry as 2nd Founding Chapters? For the record I am aware that there are chapters whom are rumored to use untainted Traitor gene-seed in their formation. Minotaurs might be World Eaters and Blood Ravens might be Thousand Sons. I'm also aware of how the Knights-Errant was made up of many Astartes from Traitor Legions and would go on to become the Grey Knights.

I'm not referring to any of those guys. I mean explicitly that they used to be Blackshields, fought for the Imperium, and then were reintegrated. They don't even have to have been from a Traitor Legion at one point! I can't think of any reason why a band of Blackshields would form from Loyalists, renounce their heraldry/Primarch and then still fight for the Imperium but I suppose its technically possible.

Amarysia
05-03-2017, 01:26
While no concrete evidence exists (yet), it is entirely likely that Blackshields became Death Watch. So everyone left over from the heresy that weren't purged, were inducted into a new "chapter" where background doesn't matter. It was also ruled over by perhaps a Knight-Errant that definitely won't be a Son of Titan. hint hint wink wink

Rogue Star
05-03-2017, 10:03
They don't even have to have been from a Traitor Legion at one point! I can't think of any reason why a band of Blackshields would form from Loyalists, renounce their heraldry/Primarch and then still fight for the Imperium but I suppose its technically possible.

They either didn't mesh with their parent Legion or disagreed with a course of action. Maybe Ultramarines who were part of the 'Destroyer'/Scorched Earth warfare division, sidelined by Guilliman and feeling shunned for only performing their duty, decided when news of Horus' rebellion reached them to abandon their stewardship of an outpost and join the fight against the Traitors, abandoning their Legion heraldry so as not to shame their gene-sire. Maybe a group of retreating Iron Hands, furious at being ordered to retreat when Ferrus Manus lies unavenged, discarded their Legion colours, markings and refused to answer to any newly formed "Iron Council" and instead sought retribution? Plenty of reasons 'Loyalists' would want to operate unconnected to their Legion.

Iron_Lord
05-03-2017, 12:38
While no concrete evidence exists (yet), it is entirely likely that Blackshields became Death Watch.

The Beast Arises series covers the origins of Death Watch, some 1500 years after the Heresy.