PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trying 40K after the end of the Old World...

Ewigleben
10-05-2017, 22:46
I currently play WHFB 6th but played from 5th -8th. I lightly played 3rd edition 40k and still have the core plus a few codices but no more models (not that that matters). I barely remember the rules. So... I know 8th Ed is on the horizon, what is everyone expecting? I don't want to get AoS'd again. I have always had in an interest in Tau. I herd they suck now. I don't really care, but if I was going to get into the game should I wait till 8th is released before I invest in an army or should I just start now and hope for the best? I am not a competitive player, I am more interested in the tactics, lore, and model style of the armies. Whats to expect from the models and army tactics with the changes in 8th and how will they impact my decisions?

Lars Porsenna
11-05-2017, 00:01
If you start with HQ models & troop choices, you can't really go wrong. I'd pick up a used copy of the current codex to give you an idea of how to equip your models, probably will be just as valid in the next edition.

Damon.

williamsond
11-05-2017, 06:55
I would suggest waiting until 8th drops as 8th may completely change how an army plays, but if you can't wait the start collecting boxes are actually a pretty good place to start as they offer a good level of discount and have soem pretty good models in them.

Ewigleben
11-05-2017, 14:55
if you can't wait the start collecting boxes are actually a pretty good place to start as they offer a good level of discount and have soem pretty good models in them.

Yeah, I was looking at the starter boxes. They seem like a decent deal.