View Full Version : New pimped out scouts-the Reiver marine

darren redstar
26-06-2017, 21:10
I was surprised that none else has picked this up
The new Warhammer community news has announced
New uber scouts/assault marines- the Reiver marine
New quick build boxes
New smaller (cheaper) starter box
New starter magazine (with 'free' primaris marine)
http://https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/25/new-primaris-space-marines-and-death-guard-announced/

WordBearer
27-06-2017, 06:27
Proof they broke out the old VIII Legion geneseed for the Primaris.

Lost Egg
27-06-2017, 06:45
On the whole I like the Reivers but the leg armour does look a bit odd. I hope they will get rules in Shadow War.

The new mini game sets are a good idea and not surprising given what they have put out for AoS.

I hope minis like the Reivers will get full kits too, again I assume so given what they did for AoS but then they only released quick build minis from the original boxed game whereas the Reivers are new.

Rogue Star
27-06-2017, 08:19
Proof they broke out the old VIII Legion geneseed for the Primaris.

Well it's not like skull-masks are exclusive to the Night Lords, or all those Chaplains would be sporting bat-winged helmets too. :p

On the whole I like the Reivers but the leg armour does look a bit odd. I hope they will get rules in Shadow War.

I think the idea was to show their using a strip-down version of the Mark X 'Tacticus' suit, with sections and the greaves left off. Hopefully GW will continue the trend of taking a cue from how they're handling AoS, so I'd fully expect some form of updated skirmish game.

About the only thing I'm not a fan of is the three Intercessors in the First Strike set; you can't get Intercessors in units smaller or larger than five, so including just three of them seems a bit pointless...

Sureshot05
27-06-2017, 10:11
The Reivers don't do it for me at all. The skull masks don't look that great. But your mileage may vary.

but the plague marines, yes please.

In addition, as we're not discussing it anywhere, this very small and grainy image of Mortarion is on the web.

not sure if real or not, but looks about right given the artwork.

Voss
28-06-2017, 18:40
Blah to all those things.
Ez build, small static squads and no options seems to be missing the point.

Time for new stuff, gw. Don't want to see marines and plagues for a full year the way AOS was signarines and blood. You've still got eldar lines to fix and at least the possibility of something new to show off.

Denny
29-06-2017, 13:37
I like them. Still can't decide on a paint scheme, but those guys would be very cool as Space Sharks.

de Selby
29-06-2017, 21:17
Reivers are not for me but I prefer them to the jump pack dudes and gravis (gravid??) captain model.

Plague marine stuff looks good for cheap.

I was expecting new AOS-like small starter boxes, but this is sooner than I thought.

WordBearer
29-06-2017, 22:17
Blah to all those things.
Ez build, small static squads and no options seems to be missing the point.

Time for new stuff, gw. Don't want to see marines and plagues for a full year the way AOS was signarines and blood. You've still got eldar lines to fix and at least the possibility of something new to show off.They're trying to expand the player base. A cheaper tier of starter set and the easy build kits are part of that. They'll move on in time, but this is a pretty intuitive follow-up at the moment.

Rogue Star
30-06-2017, 02:15
They'll move on in time, but this is a pretty intuitive follow-up at the moment.

Plus it's only been like, two weeks since 'Dark Imperium' landed... I think it's a bit early for them to be saying "Forget about those new Marines and Deathguard, let's talk Eldar..." :p

Voss
30-06-2017, 06:02
Plus it's only been like, two weeks since 'Dark Imperium' landed... I think it's a bit early for them to be saying "Forget about those new Marines and Deathguard, let's talk Eldar..." :p

That was in reference to the AoS release, which turned into a year of churning up khorne and sigmarines over and over again.

These tiny units and EZ build kits, I believe, are bad for the Primaris (which so far haven't been very good or impressive). They'll more than likely be able to deploy just outside 9"... just like half a dozen things already in the marine list, except there are only three of them trying to pistol and sword things. That... isn't much. And the EZ build as described pretty much squashes modeling options, which is the other side of the appeal for folks. If they're just offering half-baked versions of things marines already have, they don't serve much purpose.

They'll move on in time, but this is a pretty intuitive follow-up at the moment.
Intuitive isn't the word I'd use. Undercutting the sales of the two week old box set is just strange. These boxes are something you revisit in the future after initial sales have flagged, not to make people immediately regret buying the $160 box (if they bothered to in the first place, given how limited it is).