PDA

View Full Version : My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

&mpersand
31-03-2018, 03:41
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tDi2KUXv--0/Wr_M3IgeaNI/AAAAAAAABqA/Cu_u9zrQ8XAp5ZBcTQXYPXkIYQzUOHeQgCKgBGAs/s1600/wq2-tet-logo-cropped_orig.png

Hey guys been a bit of a forum lurker through its various rises and stumbles.
i'm an avid dungeon crawler but one thing that sets me apart from all the other is..i have never owned nor played the original Warhammer quest (i think i played half a session in GW shop way back in the 90's but was of that age where i was drifting away from the hobby under lure of the 'much more preferred' as a teenager called 'The opposite sex' :)

anyways years later..ive played like every crawler i can think of. love heroquest. love advanced heroquest. even own silver tower (don't hate me) and also shadows over hammerhal (much better than silver tower)
anyways to cut a long story short. in my house hold. we actually have loved playing Shadows Over Hammerhal. It appeared to have much more oomph in terms of it being similar to all i had read about regarding the original WHQ released in the 90's
but we simply want MORE QUEST!
so i decided to take a look around and see what i could find out.

to cut a long story short....I simply don't wish to or have the money to throw at the over inflated prices i see on Ebay. But i do feel the original WHQ could be the answer we are looking for
so I figured it would be a much better way to spend my time for me to set up a little (probably not that little at all) project of proxy or recreation of the original WHQ
i figure it will cost me over time..but thats easier to deal with than some massive lump sum up front.
i also see some benefits here that if i do recreate many of the aspects (cards, tiles etc) then i have newer hi res and cleaner material that isn't 20 years old. some may find this slightly blasphemous, any new material i then add will be fully consistent.
and i want to add everything i can find.
i'll be running a mini blog of my quest through here as a checklist that i can share with you all. and hope you can all help me in return.

but starting off with the base game first

here's my plans
BASE GAME
Booklets
having already obtained PDF version recreations of these (not sure who done them but massive credit to them)

32 Page Rule book - DONE
16 page Adventure book - DONE
192 page roleplay book - DONE
How to play sheet - DONE

Playing Cards
I intend on creating all of these from scratch. infact i made the whole treasure deck as a tester mini project to see if it was worth progressing.. i am posting here. so that kind of tells you YES
so i will recreate every card available from scratch. however right now I have no idea where to get them printed. so any custom card printing services in the UK would be much appreciated.

89 cards in total
19 event cards - DONE
23 Dungeon cards - DONE
30 Treasure cards - DONE = Page 3 (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?423393-My-Warhammer-Quest-Quest&p=7674986&viewfull=1#post7674986)
15 Spell cards - DONE - awaiting print
4 Warrior cards - not yet created.Going to use character sheets
4 Battle level Cards - not going to bother
4 Equipment cards- not going to bother. can utilise character sheets
Hero Tokens - colour coded to match dice = DONE awaiting print

Floorplans
for now I plan on printing the ones available. i do have high res versions of the base game floorplans. but in future would like to create my own.
heres (https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nNAk1HfSXHU/V1sA4WcPUcI/AAAAAAAABR0/YIAVYF-J9E4T3wxrpj_F9P8folMMHij9gCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/WHQtest.png) 1 i made as a tester to see if i could do it..its not complete but i wanted to get a measure of how long it would take me.
This actually took quiet a long time as ai was also building a full PSD file template to assist with any future tiles i may wish to make.
it didnt turn out too mad. however i plan on using the scans to get me started.

23 floorplans

Corridor ​Corner
Corridor Passageway A x4
Corridor Passageway B x3
Corridor T-Junction x3
Corridor Stairway
Dungeon Room - Circle of Power
Dungeon Room - Dungeon Cell
Dungeon Room - Guard Room
Dungeon Room - Monsters Lair
Dungeon Room - Torture Chamber
Dungeon Room - Well of Doom
Objective Room - Fighting Pit
Objective Room - Firechasm
Objective Room - Fountain of Light
Objective Room - Idol Chamber
Objective Room - Tomb Chamber

48 Markers and counters
again i may use scans here but would eventually like to create my own. i'm not entirely sure if my list is correct here so please feel free to correct me if i am wrong

1 Portcullis marker - DONE (page 2) (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?423393-My-Warhammer-Quest-Quest&p=7673921&viewfull=1#post7673921)
1 Cave-in Marker - awaiting print
3 Pit of despair markers - awaiting print
6 webbed counters - created my own awaiting print.
15 power tokens - created my own awaiting print.
10 Luck tokens - created my own awaiting print.
Scenery markers

Steps
Dead Skeleton 1
Dead Skeleton 2
Metal Hatch with Chaos Symbol on
Wooden Door Hatch

Wooden Door Hatch
Weapons Rack
Pit trap spikes
Pit trap spikes
Dagger/Scroll/Coins
Closed Chest
Closed Chest
Coffin with green smoke coming out
Coffin with green smoke coming out
Open Chest with coins spilling out
Well with rope coming out
Barrel
Green Slime

Miniatures (91)
I already own a shed load of mini's and was one of the many reasons why i decided against picking up a copy on ebay..i simply can't see myself using many of the older mini's considering i have a lot of options already.

4 warrior models - classic Barbarian, Dwarf, Elf, Wizard combo. have lots to choose from but will go with these guys (https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fgpnE4Dsv0o/VFfsvg3rhJI/AAAAAAAAAsg/oBXIEMHZgDUpwTEnnOEmHfN8dZo06gJXQCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/groupshot.jpg) to start me off before i decide to kitbash anything more fitting.
6 Orc Warriors - Proxy - GW orcs/orruks or whatever they are called these days
6 Orc Archers - Proxy - older orc arrer boys ready to be painted - awaiting painting
6 Goblin Spearmen - DONE (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?423393-My-Warhammer-Quest-Quest&p=7674587&viewfull=1#post7674587)
6 Goblin Archers - goblin stikkas awaiting painting
12 skaven - Proxy - DONE
3 Minotaurs - Proxy - 3 different minotaurs awaiting basing and painting
12 Giant Spiders - DONE
12 Giant Bats - Proxy - GW Bat swarm awaiting basing and painting
12 Giant Rats - DONE
12 Snotlings - DONE
10 Dungeon Doorways - DONE (page 2) (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?423393-My-Warhammer-Quest-Quest&p=7673921&viewfull=1#post7673921)

so when i put out what i already have..I've actually got a bit of a head start already from my other dungeon ventures.
-the miniatures i'm not that far away from having all!
-the biggest task for me is the cards, tiles and token i believe.
-but I'm pretty handy with Photoshop and don't think there is anything here i couldn't create from scratch having already started this project with a tester of making the treasure deck. this was pretty easy to churn out. so the rest should be pretty easy.
the rest ill figure out as i'm going. after all what good is a quest if you know what is around the corner already?
if anyone has any handy advice that may assist me this would be greatly appreciated

as for other expansions and the existing White Dwarf content. i would also like to do these as well. but figure i should look at getting the base set up and running first...see if i like the game enough to continue.
looking forwards to seeing where this one goes :)

Edit - after looking through what i need to print etc, it would be much more cost effective to have some of the expansion stuff done so that i can do bulk prints for cheaper costs so have decided to add the expansions to assist in maximising my overall costs.

TREASURE PACK 1

54 treasure cards

TREASURE PACK 2

54 treasure cards

TREASURE PACK 3

54 treasure cards

CATACOMBS OF TERROR
Booklets

Catacombs Of Terror - Adventure Book

Playing Cards

4 Dungeon cards = Done
18 Event cards = Done
12 Treasure cards = DONE page 3
3 Special cards

Floorplans

1 Objective Room (The Dread King's Throne Room)
1 Dungeon Room (The Hall of Death)
1 Corridor (Chasm of Despair)
1 Corner (Flames of Khazla)

Markers and counters

6 Catacombs counters - what are these?

Miniatures

Dread King on his throne
Luthor the Hunchback
Gunther Laranscheld
3 Tomb Guardians
The Grimoire Necris
2 plastic Doorways

LAIR OF THE ORC LORD
Booklets

Lair of the Orc Lord - Adventure Book

Playing Cards

3 Dungeon cards = DONE
21 event cards = DONE
8 Treasure cards = DONE, Page 3
4 special cards

Floorplans

Objective room (gorgut's Lair)
Dungeon room (Shamans Den)
Corridor (Collapsed passage)

Markers and counters

1 Fallen Block counter

3 netted counters

2 Pit of Despair counters

Miniatures

Orc Lord (Gorgut)
Orc Shaman (Skabnoze)
3 Orc Big'Uns
Goblin Jester (Gubbinz)
Snotling (Bogoff)
Squid Hound (Growler)

White Dwarf addons

White Dwarf number 185

Special room (The Gaol)
1 Dungeon Card = DONE
Dungeon Gaol Key card.

White Dwarf number 187

4 Treasure cards - Done , page 3

White Dwarf number 189

2 Treasure cards = DONE
Treasure map card

White Dwarf number 190

8 Dark Secret cards

White Dwarf number 191

2 Treasure cards - Done , page 3

White Dwarf number 192

Special room - Into the Dark
1 Dungeon Card =DONE

White Dwarf number 193

4 Event Cards = DONE

White Dwarf number 195

Objective room (Quirriks laboratory)
dungeon card = DONE
3 Event Cards = DONE

White Dwarf number 197

4 Event Cards = DONE

White Dwarf number 201

1 Event Card = DONE

White Dwarf number 204

Special room - Sewer
Dungeon Card = DONE
1 Event Card = DONE

Edited to have a red/amber/green
colour scheme to help me track what i need to do.
RED = nothing done/need to find out more.
AMBER = made a start somewhere or requiring completion.
GREEN = 100% completed.

Richard
31-03-2018, 06:24
Hello &mpersand very nice to see you here and starting your journey with Warhammer Quest. I have found one or two card printing companies but where asking for 3 per card so i'm taking to printing them myself and putting them in clear sleeves. i have got pdf for the deathblow mags if you like, althou ones in another language. it looks like you have a head start with everything, when you print the board tiles off i recommend laser cut mdf of 2m board but that's just me my friend simon could sort that out if you ca't find another option, i'm panning to remake all the original tiles but with 3d resin tiles again that's just my peference. For making cards go on google and type "my messed up mind warhammer quest" and a guy years ago made a page of make your own cards with the original cards and you can get the card back grounds blank versions. Hope this helps and can't wait to see your journey.

Richard

&mpersand
31-03-2018, 12:28
Hello &mpersand very nice to see you here and starting your journey with Warhammer Quest. I have found one or two card printing companies but where asking for 3 per card so i'm taking to printing them myself and putting them in clear sleeves. i have got pdf for the deathblow mags if you like, althou ones in another language. it looks like you have a head start with everything, when you print the board tiles off i recommend laser cut mdf of 2m board but that's just me my friend simon could sort that out if you ca't find another option, i'm panning to remake all the original tiles but with 3d resin tiles again that's just my peference. For making cards go on google and type "my messed up mind warhammer quest" and a guy years ago made a page of make your own cards with the original cards and you can get the card back grounds blank versions. Hope this helps and can't wait to see your journey.

Richard

Thank you. thats very kind of you to offer up the advice and potential assistance..

Regarding 3 per card? that's crazy. are they laminated with the tears of virgin mermaids or something? haha
i have been looking at printer studio. however the UK website seems broken so i can currently awaiting a response from an email i sent to them about alternatives.

for cards though. i have already created some which have come out pretty well.
so first up i have completed treasure cards. My first post was void of any images because of the image limit per post

so thats all 30 treasure cards created.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-raTZHVVk2jI/Wr_aGvDK8KI/AAAAAAAABqg/OK81OioZkfQpLODhBHK3PAQZ5aiX0MY-QCKgBGAs/s1600/cardpromo.png

https://photos.app.goo.gl/67iccwIScQOWTJf12
I decided to go with my own backs to these cards as a means of refreshing what already existed. sort of make them my own. but the designs of the actual card fronts i have kept pretty consistent with the original designs. just a newer fresher hi res approach :)

I have also wrapped up the event cards

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CRsYvaVw_hU/Wr_ctCUZ4pI/AAAAAAAABrY/AuzW-3CWyXU8ZBNtDdulY7FR5pgnyMq9QCKgBGAs/s1600/ALL.png

again I've gone with a new back whilst keeping a familiar approach to the card front. but that's all 19 done from the base game.

and last night i also finished up the 23 dungeon cards

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dIyaqb9_TKE/Wr_aUKlv4oI/AAAAAAAABqo/UHJj26yenIkHm409iw8QfY5ShfwabW5jQCKgBGAs/s1600/dungcards.png

as for the floorplans. i may well make them in 3d at some point. i've seen some fantastic ones around the internet, but for me storage is also important.
2mm MDF doesnt seem like a bad option.
In the past i have tried plasticard at 0.75mm thickness (on AHQ tiles) but even that warped after glueing. MDF seems like a decent option as the grain will have something to bond to. would be weighty enough to not slip and slide around the table. and 2mm thickness i would imagine wouldnt be getting warped out of shape once glued.

I will most likely keep my first post as a means of tracking how i manage/succeed or even fail..but so far i'm off to a good start i think.
hope you all enjoy and again thank you for the advice.:)

Richard
31-03-2018, 16:27
Thank you. thats very kind of you to offer up the advice and potential assistance..

Regarding 3 per card? that's crazy. are they laminated with the tears of virgin mermaids or something? haha
i have been looking at printer studio. however the UK website seems broken so i can currently awaiting a response from an email i sent to them about alternatives.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/MBZwHl6GOZXwmMJBqCqRcv2uggtavPG-Gfrr89hYmz7R13wIr7gTPJsuFvNY17vyfSSks_xyJJ23j4XJCd KLH-WR1s1_kzvCzCQN7fn2mfeaUVDFode3tvmH6QpvGt-EhIFoiV_LpdHwhJozFAOeOH0hqbqHv0112AFMj-RjrBi566C6gY--clhoCHsLAj-7dF7i_VjesQlzYNsgVqp0pJSsa6Wu-3O6qh6TlpRMkPlP5frfMgXpIVl0T6X6at2EId3q_SGKr6ff-BvMbSJfpfV0ocLnyMVOSzsvYFjiDWHD3r4CCOwmthWCtUcHVnO 0hT1IzhgfKQsBEfTyf_qM61yrz8aj_EvxZqkcRcmM1Oo5ySgok WO35Z0wUZn7WasUa483lUMj3uuVGqOYFVpoi654vFhxc2Y3vFI CGcLe68KaL9uWPioRquGz7eYdAiz4kbNNjddabic1p1XOP0JHs 8RfiNkJBtYKc3sQ2CT-Rzy3k09fV5U9y-CxLvBjMAjiT4wmB9Cccpxx12vKGyGimFxRzpq2_WaWmfbkyMtg w6Z-H3KT3UpBEMHl53FrL1N0BCgTnnR5y_QekCgP8aEkJNll1Zx_SU Hp_vvaEMs=s700-no
as for the floorplans. i may well make them in 3d at some point. i've seen some fantastic ones around the internet, but for me storage is also important.
2mm MDF doesnt seem like a bad option.
MDF seems like a decent option as the grain will have something to bond to. would be weighty enough to not slip and slide around the table. and 2mm thickness i would imagine wouldnt be getting warped out of shape once glued.

Well the card company was one that does prints playing cards but wasn't happy doing each individual rathers mass amounts of same prints which wouldn't work.
Simon has a Company website https://blotz.co.uk/ email him mention me i'm sure he can do the shapes you need for quest tiles and a good price.

none of your pics are coming up? what size you doing or are you doing group photos? oh and printer studio has been down awhile well was four years ago i think when they update their site it goes down while they do it. hope that helps

&mpersand
31-03-2018, 16:42
Hmm images show fine for me.
i got a response from printer studio half in chinese half english today saying that the UK site is no longer supported.
and that i should use the US site (http://www.printerstudio.com/).
so ive made an account. and set up a test with the 30 treasure cards...it will cost me about 7.85 + 5.99 P&P to get them printed on Bridge sized cards.
thats actually pretty good providing that customs dont sting me. to maximise my costs i may well do some of the extra treasure cards to flesh it out to a 54 pack deck.
and will more than likely get all the decks printed at once.

as for my images (lifeblood on any forum)
they are 700x700 pixels and linked direct from my google plus account. i can see them clearly here. right in front of me.
i just took a picture and put it on gyazo to show LINK (https://gyazo.com/2b6fd9da665de33ac83587ec1d097574)

&mpersand
31-03-2018, 17:36
done some tweaking. would be handy if anyone could let me know if they can now see the images?
thanks

Richard
31-03-2018, 19:31
done some tweaking. would be handy if anyone could let me know if they can now see the images?
thanks

we now see you avatar barbarian image and first image warhammer quest? but nothing on the other posts

&mpersand
31-03-2018, 20:11
appreciated for the feedback. appears to maybe be some permissions issues with my images that i need to figure out.
i've poked and prodded to see if they show again...3rd times a charm huh?

turns out there is an issue with posting direct links from google photos.

so heres a little tester direct to see if my work around actually works.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wcQlJ0y0MUPZnPMW6mSnVU9t-KWyu8Ug7I6y3zqIPt4KhqNTgk3K76Kcj7GAu5Zl1Di4KeXTJsI 3MPccOoGl40RE0weTa2nZyZhWHmLYk6Ka55SBXQ00w9ubWy1W4 3PEGkkUuNSXaISIC-7xGKJ4s3HTS-gzjXQuXQTH-jBLued8pU6SeQDToeEHepbzt7w6DFocA6YW8Z6JTMMISA07MDb yAzFFgctaiwogk2S65wy1VaKLHGhMyXnPOtJPD97LzHJtFNj5M XYt7Ghhr98Ldq7qrobSupUL6nd2qSpXLrAUxrLqm7z6SkGPpVb myYREeyGS-kkcLkbGReAGhHQv3DUeytL0L-h2woflQ2CdcYeWc9M2r_dP193BzgBIUEHFmL2IefuE48RivJ41 Ll7JkQIjqMcOVB196E5JTDMozJe4dO3ZC2WAuchoaBSU5gSBAf 8xkC92ScOKfhevgsON2glKRsFvOrAoeURfOHEMShwHs0fHYnB6 MYbMlDH20syqQvZKP9Dc11rinANC709m3PemyEY_AhmJe7lTEO q2y-cWUKDN2kwSlHLaMAH60XwSsbie0pfgZZj3rYO4dHqjfTXZeNDb AYx6FMd_0Let-ySCD4fqB65Mv0AlrMjPesHsNcXDOZue18nnIWMWo0ixzS1oZUc _NgZe=w613-h945-no?.png

and another at resizing.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wcQlJ0y0MUPZnPMW6mSnVU9t-KWyu8Ug7I6y3zqIPt4KhqNTgk3K76Kcj7GAu5Zl1Di4KeXTJsI 3MPccOoGl40RE0weTa2nZyZhWHmLYk6Ka55SBXQ00w9ubWy1W4 3PEGkkUuNSXaISIC-7xGKJ4s3HTS-gzjXQuXQTH-jBLued8pU6SeQDToeEHepbzt7w6DFocA6YW8Z6JTMMISA07MDb yAzFFgctaiwogk2S65wy1VaKLHGhMyXnPOtJPD97LzHJtFNj5M XYt7Ghhr98Ldq7qrobSupUL6nd2qSpXLrAUxrLqm7z6SkGPpVb myYREeyGS-kkcLkbGReAGhHQv3DUeytL0L-h2woflQ2CdcYeWc9M2r_dP193BzgBIUEHFmL2IefuE48RivJ41 Ll7JkQIjqMcOVB196E5JTDMozJe4dO3ZC2WAuchoaBSU5gSBAf 8xkC92ScOKfhevgsON2glKRsFvOrAoeURfOHEMShwHs0fHYnB6 MYbMlDH20syqQvZKP9Dc11rinANC709m3PemyEY_AhmJe7lTEO q2y-cWUKDN2kwSlHLaMAH60XwSsbie0pfgZZj3rYO4dHqjfTXZeNDb AYx6FMd_0Let-ySCD4fqB65Mv0AlrMjPesHsNcXDOZue18nnIWMWo0ixzS1oZUc _NgZe=s500

would be handy if anyone can let me know if these are viewable?
thanks in advance.

Richard
31-03-2018, 23:03
yes you can really nice work with cards we think alike with the card game image for events and sweet dungeon image for card background very nice

&mpersand
01-04-2018, 00:13
phew finally i am up and running!
yeh i decided against redrawing the original artwork and went for something a little more - inspiring..and of course ready made :)
still have a long way to go. but will be painting up some of my nearly finished figs over the next few weeks..thats the good stuff after all :)

Richard
01-04-2018, 07:45
I will be painting up some of my nearly finished figs over the next few weeks..thats the good stuff after all :)

true true looking forward to seeing fresh blood on this forum

Easygrin
02-04-2018, 16:25
Ah I know your blog and been going through it many times its brilliant one off the best heroquest blogs out there. I guess I'm the only one who actually like silver tower a lot ;) it's very hard for to get my playing got together I'm semi busy with painting up shadows over hammerhall and the chaos adversary cards. I had 2.5 levels off the original painted but... it's such a bitch setting it up and it takes forever we literally have had 12 hour games �� ofc with lots off beers food a million smoking breaks cigarette ones aren't so bad but some of my friends want a bigger smoking breaks sometimes and then its always looking where we had been ect ect so the faster simpler play of silver tower is very welcoming to me. Also I'm the only one in our gaming grp with the passion of building and painting not epic stuff like your blog but good enough for me

&mpersand
02-04-2018, 18:45
Ah I know your blog and been going through it many times its brilliant one off the best heroquest blogs out there. I guess I'm the only one who actually like silver tower a lot ;) it's very hard for to get my playing got together I'm semi busy with painting up shadows over hammerhall and the chaos adversary cards. I had 2.5 levels off the original painted but... it's such a bitch setting it up and it takes forever we literally have had 12 hour games �� ofc with lots off beers food a million smoking breaks cigarette ones aren't so bad but some of my friends want a bigger smoking breaks sometimes and then its always looking where we had been ect ect so the faster simpler play of silver tower is very welcoming to me. Also I'm the only one in our gaming grp with the passion of building and painting not epic stuff like your blog but good enough for me

thanks very much glad you have enjoyed my blog. :)

hehe not sure i go epic. i'm more about just having a nice looking tabletop to play on. i'm actually quite a practical gamer. hence my avoidance of 3D tiles this turn around.

we enjoyed silver tower. it just didnt have any replay-ability for us. it felt all to samey. with hammerhall the narrative adds a stronger element for immersion. we tend to play in segments up until we visit the city. then pack away..so if we want to wrap up early..we leave and come back later. that works for us.. having 2/3 hour sessions.
what doesnt work enough...
is there isnt enough of it!!
which is why i'm partaking in this particular quest.

12 hour sessions? that's a lot of beer thrown in i bet? haha

and ive taken the next step on this particular quest and now recreated the Spell cards
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/i2xKUhV7RX5P9MfrRAH61rB2iF2lFASbF20jW5MBXZ5yo_InW4 8AEtjsHcd9n9u0-xSjmzv1-UAGR7YuY6zFB6Juoc9Sb3E5240qLe1U-9k93rSmJa8g19UEx6B96toP2-ye6e0b8_17FM78xneO76UoxXCx3sJ4GyzaeuvXUPcHxk_s20L3 mUjs3sP7fAkJVcZd3CqkxtucXH0-9my6xnqY76xqiDorkTiWiLwuSJBM5oS2XMqEkO8lX9lYguEEfZ _XDNijNdGV_KKqjlACMYwMFryEad05fhmy6ciZw5Df-qRsEyhmEkk3HPC-Fn3p1fMb3wmsO95CsTIqubzl4AYJL4a-Nwb67KjVS7HKc_s-cNJgOTF7TGQpk53GJrx07z7fK91eRdPu6z56hZVElHC7xao488 5LRRhmwyE-dKUpTK3bdX0RTtcfveiynUBDWmVWSYufMlB9ck2r_7eBcTeXiv Om962p3VEX7l05A0bciop8P-jVMD2W07oLgr--JTDnAzjj0v5ZeKVoIdC07WUmJaLFizpwqB28ivLVuG8ILtTnps m-zrIv1AglGFbf_m7T67hnLcSy6WTadhQaOCcFOTkt803eofVBgz Pbu0LD4q-WGNwAmwzWg730G2Z0sgCs6m8Cff6bX0j8WIuTOKgfdV3fVQQs= s800-no?.png
hopefully ive fixed my little hiccup from previous posts and now people can clearly see my images?

Richard
03-04-2018, 13:51
hopefully ive fixed my little hiccup from previous posts and now people can clearly see my images?

nope sorry not on last post

&mpersand
03-04-2018, 16:35
hopefully fixed now...i'll get there eventually :)

is this one viewable? (sorry another test)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/i2xKUhV7RX5P9MfrRAH61rB2iF2lFASbF20jW5MBXZ5yo_InW4 8AEtjsHcd9n9u0-xSjmzv1-UAGR7YuY6zFB6Juoc9Sb3E5240qLe1U-9k93rSmJa8g19UEx6B96toP2-ye6e0b8_17FM78xneO76UoxXCx3sJ4GyzaeuvXUPcHxk_s20L3 mUjs3sP7fAkJVcZd3CqkxtucXH0-9my6xnqY76xqiDorkTiWiLwuSJBM5oS2XMqEkO8lX9lYguEEfZ _XDNijNdGV_KKqjlACMYwMFryEad05fhmy6ciZw5Df-qRsEyhmEkk3HPC-Fn3p1fMb3wmsO95CsTIqubzl4AYJL4a-Nwb67KjVS7HKc_s-cNJgOTF7TGQpk53GJrx07z7fK91eRdPu6z56hZVElHC7xao488 5LRRhmwyE-dKUpTK3bdX0RTtcfveiynUBDWmVWSYufMlB9ck2r_7eBcTeXiv Om962p3VEX7l05A0bciop8P-jVMD2W07oLgr--JTDnAzjj0v5ZeKVoIdC07WUmJaLFizpwqB28ivLVuG8ILtTnps m-zrIv1AglGFbf_m7T67hnLcSy6WTadhQaOCcFOTkt803eofVBgz Pbu0LD4q-WGNwAmwzWg730G2Z0sgCs6m8Cff6bX0j8WIuTOKgfdV3fVQQs= s600-no?.png

Richard
03-04-2018, 17:14
you can see them, i like the white glow around the winds of magic symbol but not sure about the bottom boxes for green blue etc at least with your new background design. maybe duplicate the title with the lines above and below the card name maybe not a perfect rectangle with a black line border. it seems out of place. really like the idea of the card background but the bottom seems out of place imo hope that helps

&mpersand
03-04-2018, 17:46
yeh this picture posting is pretty frustrating at the moment. i'm sure i'll nail it soon enough.
as for the designs. well i kept them as close to the original as possible. if i were to redesign them both the title (top bar) and the spell type (bottom bar) i would of redesigned with a scroll type border. that kept it themed within the whole parchment look of the background.
however. i'm unsure if the whole colour coding plays a big element in it? being unsure. i kept it intouch with the original design.

Easygrin
03-04-2018, 19:10
Seems fine to me but I'm not all skilled with making cards I have a friend who (is suppose to) makes them for me wanna get into that some day but got atm too little time to paint even. Richard is my go to expert concerning these kinda things rules designs
ECT
;)

Richard
03-04-2018, 22:50
as for the designs. well i kept them as close to the original as possible. if i were to redesign them both the title (top bar) and the spell type (bottom bar) i would of redesigned with a scroll type border. that kept it themed within the whole parchment look of the background.
however. i'm unsure if the whole colour coding plays a big element in it? being unsure. i kept it intouch with the original design.

I'm not having a go, and the colour is not a big element but is colour coding is for quick ref to what type of spell it is. The background design looks really nice if you look at most of my blog pages from the beginning you see i have use a darker version to the now lighter version for my cards. the design you done looks right with original text i just think the bottom bit doesn't fit right maybe take the black line border away from it? the originals didn't have a black line as the card had a black border concentrating the eye to look into the card rather than the whole card. honestly the card is great it stood out to me and thought i mention it the originals below so try it and see with the black line around the bottom solid colour remove see what you think, at the end of the day we all play the same game and interp it to how we play our games. if we all did the same thing there be no forum but rinse and repeat and no inspiration. the game is there and still stands as one of the best dungeon crawl games out there i gurantee now one has the same game twice these days.

&mpersand
04-04-2018, 00:26
ahh yeh i see what you mean now. should of just said "remove the black outline!" hehe :)
i did give it a try when i was creating. didnt like how it looked. i wanted the elements to be crisper and pop out more. hence the black line around them. i appreciate the comments though didnt think you were having a go at all.

i do have a few questions i am hoping people can chime in with regarding a few other elements.

4 Warrior cards - not yet created.

Are these even needed? i see a lot of resources around the internet with character sheets instead. is this a preferred method over the 'hero card' element? if so can anyone recommend a good character sheet?

4 Battle level Cards - not yet created.

again all of this info appears to be in the manuals. is it needed to have a card with 5 battle levels on it?

4 Equipment cards- not yet created.

Are these even needed? just seems like useless chits if you use a character sheet. surely it would just be recorded on there?

Hero Tokens - not yet created.

​I dont wish to recreate these in the traditional format. the original WHQ being very male orientated i wanted to leave this open to interpretation. maybe a symbol or something along those lines to represent the type as opposed to a solid picture of 1 character.
this then leaves things open for using different miniatures and different genders (im so 2018 right now!!) so any recommendations?

Easygrin
04-04-2018, 20:50
Hasslefree does great barbarians and dwarves male and female also wizards Scibor also has a lot of really nice dwarves dontbreally know about their quality but I belief they only do Resin I tend to use GW elves for my original whq

&mpersand
04-04-2018, 22:03
i take it you didnt follow the first post or its link showing what i already have? :)
the barbarian.....kitbased from 95% hasslefree wolf

these guys are good enough to get me started methinks..just need to repaint the bases for a more generic stone (my old bases were all orange stone for use in AHQ)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fgpnE4Dsv0o/VFfsvg3rhJI/AAAAAAAAAsg/oBXIEMHZgDUpwTEnnOEmHfN8dZo06gJXQCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/groupshot.jpg

Richard
05-04-2018, 00:09
i do have a few questions i am hoping people can chime in with regarding a few other elements.

4 Warrior cards - not yet created.

Are these even needed? i see a lot of resources around the internet with character sheets instead. is this a preferred method over the 'hero card' element? if so can anyone recommend a good character sheet?

When i played the original you had both but not necessary. To play one off games the character card, to play long term player record sheet. The roleplay book has a record sheet on the back page which is below and my version for also including witch hunter and warrior priest assets. now warseer wont let me put up pdfs so these are screen captures.

235049 235050

4 Battle level Cards - not yet created.

again all of this info appears to be in the manuals. is it needed to have a card with 5 battle levels on it?

There's no need just check them when you come to it same for hazard tables rather than checking book i made quick ref sheets using the ones i liked ]

235046 235047 235048

4 Equipment cards- not yet created.

Are these even needed? just seems like useless chits if you use a character sheet. surely it would just be recorded on there?

its entirely up to you i prefer to but i limit how much i can have

Hero Tokens - not yet created.

​I dont wish to recreate these in the traditional format. the original WHQ being very male orientated i wanted to leave this open to interpretation. maybe a symbol or something along those lines to represent the type as opposed to a solid picture of 1 character.

again like you said just a symbol would do. or just put player one two three etc on counters and at beginning of each game roll D6 each, highest is 1 2 etc or if you know what models you are using, once painted take a pic and put them on counters

Richard
05-04-2018, 00:11
just need to repaint the bases for a more generic stone (my old bases were all orange stone for use in AHQ)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fgpnE4Dsv0o/VFfsvg3rhJI/AAAAAAAAAsg/oBXIEMHZgDUpwTEnnOEmHfN8dZo06gJXQCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/groupshot.jpg

very nice am going to use clear plastic bases when i get around to mine

&mpersand
05-04-2018, 17:25
When i played the original you had both but not necessary. To play one off games the character card, to play long term player record sheet. The roleplay book has a record sheet on the back page which is below and my version for also including witch hunter and warrior priest assets. now warseer wont let me put up pdfs so these are screen captures.

235049 235050

Of course!! having never played I am a little lacking in the 'fully clued up department'

There's no need just check them when you come to it same for hazard tables rather than checking book i made quick ref sheets using the ones i liked ]

235046 235047 235048

Nicely done. i think i'll work on getting the basics in place first. but those cards are pretty handy for sure :)

its entirely up to you i prefer to but i limit how much i can have

I think i will stick to just putting this stuff on the character sheets for now just so i can get playing the game. and treat these as luxury items from later on :)

again like you said just a symbol would do. or just put player one two three etc on counters and at beginning of each game roll D6 each, highest is 1 2 etc or if you know what models you are using, once painted take a pic and put them on counters
yeh i get what you are saying..it could really be anything. like in silver tower how the coloured dice represented each player..this could simply be any point of reference for random drawing.

very nice am going to use clear plastic bases when i get around to mine
and finally...clear plastic bases? ive thought about this many times. as it removes any need for a themed base completely. however i do know they are an absolute pain in the a*se!
dont work great with metal minis as the extra weight means they can pop off quite easy.
and they do take a lot of precision glueing so not to frost up. for me it would also require a lot of repainting of feet :)
but i wish you the best of luck and cant wait to see your results

btw..this forum..its a little bit quiet right? lol

&mpersand
05-04-2018, 18:35
i seem to be making some steady progress. knowing i already have a lot of painted up minis that just need a lot of work i have been able to some fully completed parts done the this project

1 Portcullis marker - already own lots of doors purchased from Zealot miniatures including 2 portcullis (https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AjLEeagejhg/VvhVatF1XVI/AAAAAAAABOc/X9IvcpJPx9QxlGh0N2o5KqdMsZ397qu9QCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/portcullis1.png). just need to repaint the bases.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Ma6VFWZcujHATzu5H7lBc1THoE0Aq6aXk41YJSsPLwZSgt-d837XiN-a2pK1dTJE_y3lS_LX6IsbQNfh8gjBSO1xENGvAEZFVUGY-YikAbr7ZmZhqFUxJRwP3-M1v9L9bvUGsoH8QDuTTaaSlQk-k8YQCLV5pDbSnuivwkElORFxSfKJLL4T7tEBpVSdDpTlU5hVED RvSH59dU14WMFjvmRW0-wL6n168RjsSKSj1KB_sw1sRc3bgV9OSwMjB3lpRko6gKbl_Co7 BVZpIYD3aB8Pu6izYAO43v585Ddlonk_1XxDHaHF7DQBuVnN7-0mWtx-WiHL-0nruRuCKRJv7rRd1xrDMIP1kETKmekwzWt0OZnRtrHnYVxnkD8 djb2QkRm8Ywwjx71b91a-a4SSgxWKzYe2eTZ8fABNCRaGub1OdiR8iPNG0BFHDHL0ujgC0A nNNLGUNPqR1XfzM1iar4711XasIQsngHzeqI38tEMFM6c0mbUm HWKtVwd1_5a9zJtg4WSp31PnmbIPskqUD4z68Qk87rIWc2rO9Q 1f5y9FGbyg89shJv2Xyf0nYN3615R0svqUE_s8qlthTaBjeunN L7aJs-ufHIuam6tJxV3bmjKaMx6vvELCHz9vn4zp7xY2946PWkNs9y7Z K4Du-jhidFXOyU_W=w422-h500-no?.png

10 Dungeon Doorways - own many double doors from Zealot miniatures which ive already customized and painted up here (https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VmMxHdTej5E/VvhUu32ykGI/AAAAAAAABOM/kVuiWH-RRlYA3sfs84DfqSAYwrzkKR_UQCPcBGAYYCw/s1600/open10-ANIMATION.gif) i just need to repaint the bases.

I had 12 so did all 12.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/olOdzNX57Izb8foLqPchOZg4-0U_BBj0krqxsiXjNqahZunya58v4dQPWWpRmq8CraqXsXnLwPq qv4Zulyiz3S6KGJB4QFGZBdeavRsPA8Cc44KWMkh7Tvd75LlRJ QR_TJPK3hzEH9H_ai9n2AFUFXJSpHCdv7oTLQQH1m1lsiiX2dO 3TSgFOnAeI0HANVhfeUWYr39DylmuyifB-FgmK0lUScWO_YFty6Mj90Y0_lLXtJkdZCcF7yF73XVWgfBIL94 UDqc-PmF7wlkm3TpMpCMLmWZGhNmPcfb3BttyseADQnZlwt7yATShF9 ATSTFsANDTfcfVjNNjR2r0IG3ANjZVVXHvgH4VeNPdIXh4Gfwj yDd_Zjodp5jHMWdR-wRJAwNa-bNpMv7W0fcEbDs8JrsrBVenDl8cixPcRM8M69HOBE9a_w8wES3 USSRLFYO8w4t8wP3qXsQDHk9ZLg_erUOdVr2yrXZJCAIQbXgg_ cgsd9KVuXddHQCAenIzQpLZ3p5-OmH216JaT22VD_ZOfN_lYyQ2Q1lds2JnnrOwQd47kgiHbXDiU2 xLMyyxU0FHAU7uO-uRLyIzTv0qtRNo1xDHL9LFSVLDyb1GaehXvNfN8aDdxuNcSknY X-SSEgcQUgMtzcaXpmJoscYvWMaQ1ObU_wkr33d9=w729-h945-no?.png
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0ig5fMyI7cKWS6_vAnJNXxNdniB_H943y-Ew9x57HqcqUuxVc__wdT7l-iggrx6K4fEqOPXeKtz1q8Tf0XWlG6Fdy1X5o8jr1l4ugle6jsl cIHGsgU09wH3RZAxRA2oJXr4vCQGX0fYD0JCrIw5CiIHhjhiZ3 y4YVBC5RbjuMezo9uqWNhUl53vzyD7zYavbIx7jLyQ1bREAgmH 9jdZZAvj8ERtk4mfqqx3TOvMrGVMRzpx8HQKQs3ui4D80Fm9tV 6wtadQXD_Uf3f-OEWpv9WHI2L1ok3O2VYrvsU6UDkNTSHppqkLKbOxFp5xRniQ89 qdmj_4JWsRVkeqQlbW425cMCEQU5oGXQxYiePYgBuiwkOya0ni espl8koSkourAP9LHO-_U5WWIi4rnDxLf5dRynIv-b-Piw08pBvi_60DI7qZRi9WPbzJwVN4iBDR5RD0Xv8uklCZg4nKH u9D2uItl4HtNs-fdtH0x9pU3zGz1-xd1RDGCMd51X7m_F23QrOGlFnkX2ZNPeZiFELzeH4tpSydR4nO mSNyWNEg_viJTV463QKI9tcsu9ZLeqaJC8Vys3vV6FE8bUNmKG PX0QPaVPGfy_d7SqapxEByQwSBjsOKC8beix4xJ-LR1YDZTC8TXSbRAbnR99_vHmPZt8fOcZUbwVSh=w729-h945-no?.png

So i'm hitting the ground running. doing what i can do first without having to spend any cash just yet.

the things i need to know a little more about though

1 Cave-in Marker - need high res, or create my own.

has anyone ever made a 3d version of this?

3 Pit of despair markers - need high res, or create my own.

not really fancying making this one..its pretty distinctive to the game so don't want to sway too far away from. is there a high res scan anywhere?

6 webbed counters - need high res, or create my own.

Going to create my own

15 power tokens - need high res, or create my own.

Going to create my own

10 Luck tokens - need high res, or create my own.

Going to create my own

18 Scenery markers - WHAT ARE THESE? does anyone have a list of what these should be?

i need a bit more on these. are these simply markers that are used for various scenarios?
could i make 3d versions of these? and is there a list anywhere?

thanks in advance

Daemonslave
06-04-2018, 22:57
A new WHQ log to pinch ideas from! Superb!

Some lovely stuff here, both the cards and the painting (I've done a similar conversion to the Wolf model as yours, though not quite as successfully).

Regarding the Scenery markers;

Fallen Stone
Steps
Dead Skeleton 1
Dead Skeleton 2
Wooden Door Hatch
Weapons Rack
Pit trap spikes
Dagger/Scroll/Coins
Closed Chest x2
Coffin with green smoke coming out x 2
Barrel
Green Slime (or web) - it's not very clear!

and the Portcullis card that fits in the door.

:)

&mpersand
07-04-2018, 00:56
A new WHQ log to pinch ideas from! Superb!

Some lovely stuff here, both the cards and the painting (I've done a similar conversion to the Wolf model as yours, though not quite as successfully).

Regarding the Scenery markers;

Fallen Stone
Steps
Dead Skeleton 1
Dead Skeleton 2
Wooden Door Hatch
Weapons Rack
Pit trap spikes
Dagger/Scroll/Coins
Closed Chest x2
Coffin with green smoke coming out x 2
Barrel
Green Slime (or web) - it's not very clear!

and the Portcullis card that fits in the door.

:)

top man! thanks
1 Fallen Stone
2 Steps
3 Dead Skeleton 1
4 Dead Skeleton 2
5 Metal Hatch with Chaos Symbol on
6 Wooden Door Hatch
7 Weapons Rack
8 Pit trap spikes
9 Dagger/Scroll/Coins
10 Closed Chest x2
11 Closed Chest x2
12 Coffin with green smoke coming out x 2
13 Coffin with green smoke coming out x 2
14 Open Chest with coins spilling out
15 Well with rope coming out
16 Barrel
17 Green Slime (or web) - it's not very clear!

are we missing one though? should the pit trap be x2?
oh and feel free to take whatever you like from my stuff. all the various resources around the web has inspired me. i doubt youll see anything innovative lol

Daemonslave
07-04-2018, 09:40
and the Portcullis card :)

Easygrin
07-04-2018, 10:32
Ye I remembered the heroquest 4 heroes that barbarian is one off the best ever and I love the other 3 as well specially sinds you crafted them yourself makes it extra special

&mpersand
07-04-2018, 13:52
and the Portcullis card :)
maybe my itenary is incorrect? because it doesnt add up as i already have the portcullis card as a seperate entity

Ye I remembered the heroquest 4 heroes that barbarian is one off the best ever and I love the other 3 as well specially sinds you crafted them yourself makes it extra special
well i may well do the same here. i just want to get up and running first. so utilising what i already have will at least get me up and running and playing the game. i kind of miss kitbashing and creating new things. so i am hoping at some point i will be able to add more characters.

ive also created a couple of the tokens afresh

Does anyone have the actual dimensions for these?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cZx6_1r95iIM2ek72c5tRIOGAJ3Z3poAZKFKad68qKd5bBzgqN e4Kd1gLO3rWIu9sglhKgOzXqT6wMi5kszXvZgWaNrgDDz9-dMUKggPCAl4ZB1Wi57yAf3lUQFe1Te0gJ2puNNOfR2dMvQNwZ-IlYqKQFeUdvRiCrMbh8cO9DACZwmd_JLaHTMqQCvMbZ2eT1gAS MwotNfM5ZKBfnrSoK11jAjY-KVanaPbKu4LrULOmrz2HL8NEd-e7-KAYtW1EM7CrL0lhMmnayvPY71odxnMaqbusozt1-vFHUtHBBcMyC7gtsYtshLm74RG4PnJkYtN-_H_GqtWGWY2zO6zTI3WIFsQZ8_4uW69QHNPcKkWdQBVUbS_sCG 63Q_g_NuHCIcl53swO-0uj0qs-rFb2XgYs8VkM4C1ZvaPlU9p8g9JUwOsjtxFU37VkUGHBe25mGG 4Emi0n_mr1hi9iA2kPbW_wAoffbLMbP1q4ICZcQx8AJsvFPjFz T77HduTh5ccHeobbt1WbImaIPa5CviIeMf_22iHJUswvKR7q80 0SzHcWOR6X2GJG1Spen4imdN7KuEYidssRnuk0lZPLAIumNlyN Z5aIbnF7dRqy9P7I8-HM2RCyzD-L7lvcDWQP_4fx8Fmu2wsGV0AcrRu-j8UwV217XSEEzNI=w1065-h355-no

feel free to utilise if anyone needs them :)

Richard
08-04-2018, 06:19
sorry can't see pic again door ways are nice

&mpersand
08-04-2018, 15:07
yeh i'm getting really annoyed with it in all honesty. i am having to recode the links to make them work each time i post. and it's not a strong point of mine

i have now decided that in order to maximise my costs i'm going to bundle as much stuff as possible into my printing. which means adding the 2 official expansions. all of the white dwarf addons. and maybe some fan made content as well.
whilst laying out the dungeon tiles onto an A0 sheet ready for poster print. i realised i couldnt fit everything on, no matter how hard i tried. and moving over to a second poster size for the remainder left me with about 3/4 left to fill up.
so i am currently looking around the web for other tiles to flesh that 2nd print out.

i will most likely have the same issues with the cards as well. so i'm just going to create everything i can and see where i land.
i have updated the original post to track what i am doing...its probably a completely mental thing to do..but hey what the hell right? :)

Richard
08-04-2018, 18:56
...its probably a completely mental thing to do..but hey what the hell right? :)

Welcome to the club lol

Daemonslave
08-04-2018, 22:18
i have now decided that in order to maximise my costs i'm going to bundle as much stuff as possible into my printing. which means adding the 2 official expansions. all of the white dwarf addons. and maybe some fan made content as well.
whilst laying out the dungeon tiles onto an A0 sheet ready for poster print. i realised i couldnt fit everything on, no matter how hard i tried. and moving over to a second poster size for the remainder left me with about 3/4 left to fill up.
so i am currently looking around the web for other tiles to flesh that 2nd print out.

Two really good sites;

https://www.eastern-empire.com/warhammer-quest-tiles/
http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/board-sections.html

Richard
09-04-2018, 18:23
Two really good sites;

https://www.eastern-empire.com/warhammer-quest-tiles/
http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/board-sections.html

I second them, they were both on here many moons ago

&mpersand
10-04-2018, 02:44
cheers.
i am familiar with Sebs stuff both here and on his website. i infact utilised his gnoblar mash ups for some goblins of my own a while back.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wy8r1342v0Q/VSL5CGmZVbI/AAAAAAAAA0o/iB5koourmyE/s1600/gobbos.png

i wasnt familiar with quests of legend though so thank you for that one. very handy resources indeed.
i seem to be very heavily loaded with corridors and dungeon rooms and only 7 objective rooms though at the moment. as ive never played the game. i'm not sure how that is going to pan out just yet lol

&mpersand
15-04-2018, 13:59
managed to get a couple more things wrapped up this week.

finalising all of the base game prints ready to go

also wrapped up player tokens
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PQ4oYOS4a7EqkVz4Y6gUAW-87oqb46b8Xa17HT94Ctq3FHoi5W4U8RSu4XVa4ys2ejY6PMV4g 40p7LvDsCUccNuZod8aAa1Pf4Ia3y8ObDDq5FQqMxPCHkHl4cf EI5OtqyXmZDIbh4y2nmoFCwCnshi0_3k28yP8oiUR1CNoAXt7K c9KTlDAQ4Iox02VIHUrxhPwonwYIXW6IHPg7r48EC4Du8Pak8L xoQR1xcLPu-BGhWNr8D84wPfa77YQ3XE79XWPYmOXOL08fO3amEzEerGlrvf_ RBmPQjpk6DQO9VdaNzW8l-KXUTkfSecStacskENot4DP4vNUdAZCSkAENhzuL5ek8veN6leR ca9SC80ap1zszKA4PizSvG_hSJ-oDirmIzADqtERBy-EvdxyMsQXonxDGwz6eiuYOoV-qyGO4ouON4Xrp8DjhBKOGLLW84MeTeXJ2vyu5TMskU3e9xj8yu ClwigpBlDhxEMPzkcGBYpzxYuZEiHXaRGJohkzkNdvxLZueTdZ CJnY-VWWztexixSoTxXCZe3QUYllb2lJvefseaOK_NReBxfRD0DkbcC 90uh3gKm3egqea9_A_ND04oN_kCKPQc8wbZmeL2rF7EpninB4U JbiVMAAU_InbVUZb_9zG09U8GHgUCjEJYciVnxFsHvA=w1920-h462-no

The idea here is to go with a none descriptive design that fits with the theme of the game.
infact i am stealing the idea from silver tower. each player using coloured dice that relate to their player colour. so you have a running theme from player to player, blue player, purple player etc.

these are currently ready to be printed at 45mm if anyone needs them feel free to take.

ive also created the catacombs of terror treasure cards ready for print

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TAPnbjpWVI4ewgVeL98bmwr1Srx6wRJjmf9Vlwc0p9dZLqdP9m MxCfRS4qfXBk7tfUjr5itWN38UaCDjx8g-5AURAYs6nSswIrnguqQO0NxfggeyAmUP-FuwcrvgmwKCVVqRBQ3EGsm8zjpwX_wfDsOMIfs-0bW-VY1PEeyguCEyyHIT4zMSfv0CoOY_QTjRXapJlwtVSbBS5Z9KxU Gg-ChkwrBCJfrV-GI9UHevQh7jchO_qeWbpEzmCxbP8cwPHM_06iHmN2YKwpp4oX5 7-pPVWrQ5Ha5gOrQjF8mTCg4jQI2Du7835SVWXyU6IR5YRi4fsN8 RtMj_swpyBPNrS6dV5mIhtypF55HCud_-MXAW2sZYhLdr6ZCyYCShzr8GjwLSE8Wrmu-I1RQJa2aGULjmc6J4b4KWUV1udgMHhrpmZAgwDoJo9MGHLJcWc bwgLbXoa8b_8BVbQZtiQmKknMXA6OlPuG1zM8kj48B1IQ83_ax dVGU8Te_avOehfPUHzcbhXCjOr3QEUl0ADQL5_i5MCWAr-fqZOOS3ZVVgzG5HVrNweXyntizpaIk4p178Clo8HApaeM_qRNj V92EoQnfeCBnbjGt9PyVCgnJnHG_tOI20lsF9Wp3PotWSC5AzN HZEQ-YdGLXoOPSNQTvbT0y1n_c9oUHg=s800-no

i'm planning that my first card print will be
base game treasure cards =30
CoT treasure cards = 12
LotOL treasure cards = 8
4 from from WD totalling upto a 54 card deck.
so just need to finish the images on the orc lord expansion treasure cards images and i'm almost there.

Shas'El Tael
17-04-2018, 23:24
Looking brilliant Ampersand - man, we are so lucky to have ArtStation and access to all the Warhammer Online and Total War concept art - it has been a godsend for doing Tiles and cards :D

Massive project you have undertaken, I definitely admire the tweaks you made.

I havent been on Warseer for years, literally, so it is good to follow a big project like this again! :)

&mpersand
18-04-2018, 00:42
Looking brilliant Ampersand - man, we are so lucky to have ArtStation and access to all the Warhammer Online and Total War concept art - it has been a godsend for doing Tiles and cards :D

Massive project you have undertaken, I definitely admire the tweaks you made.

I havent been on Warseer for years, literally, so it is good to follow a big project like this again! :)

oh yeh it will literally be a case of beg steal and borrow to get this done. i think. although im seemingly having quite a few problems with image hosting via google images. which makes no sense as they show for me and in other browsers but not for other people!
thats a little disheartening for sure..
but regardless i'm plodding along and churning through the cards. it didnt make sense in the end to just do the base set as it wasnt cost effective enough regarding printing costs..so i want to get all of that done as soon as possible so i can move onto the cool stuff like creating mini's
i still frequent your website. totally understand why so many drifted away from warseer. it feels a little like a baby deer taking its first steps with a big angry tiger waiting to take it down at any minute lol.
its rather quiet. i'm beginning to think i might of taken the wrong path on trying to gather some community support. but my thanks do go out to the small few who have helped me thus far. (i'm sure my inability to put up pictures is rather frustrating) so thank you for your patience folks. :)

Easygrin
18-04-2018, 21:06
My pictures all come in sideways or upside down and mostly Richard reads and comments on it which i couldn't be happier about gives me lots of tips advice and inspiration. And makes up great new player character cards for just asking ;)

&mpersand
19-04-2018, 03:33
sideways is better than nothing right? hehe
when i post no matter how much i double check the code. the images show for me. they show on my phone and another browser.
but still people say they can't see them. so that whole image posting thing is getting a little sour with me at the moment. no matter how much i check its not enough lol

Daemonslave
19-04-2018, 16:49
I save everything on Imgur first. It's quite easy to create folders to separate stuff too. :)

&mpersand
19-04-2018, 17:22
can anyone not see my photos? lol

Daemonslave
19-04-2018, 18:25
Yes, I can see them, but when you first put your luck tokens up, I could see them for a few hours, then they disappeared, and now I can see them again. Strange...

Richard
19-04-2018, 20:13
but when you first put your luck tokens up, I could see them for a few hours, then they disappeared, and now I can see them again. Strange...

I honestly couldn't see them first time you put post up just a circle with a line through no image i think it said then couple of days later its in plan view to see. can you upload them from computer instead rather than hosting via google images?

tokens and treasure cards look great by the way

&mpersand
19-04-2018, 21:42
hehe well maybe i might of finally got the code part locked down. thanks for clearing up guys. i may do 1 final test before i start posting all of the completed work up. just to make sure i have finally knocked the nail on the head!
ive actually done a hell of a lot of graphics since i started this a couple of weeks back. and even painted up mini's too.

&mpersand
19-04-2018, 22:17
ok little test.

image 1
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/H-HhIXAsPFYD29zbh80QC3--uYIeZhNmT0gFRdWCczE12tu8uPLoOHDEEERntyo0fs8_Z8MVP7 cXONrEf11tnjgMPFD8HlJf_WncSrCJibXtNtPt3XG-OiDqD-e1IMIlIX4DpM4SBGAJpvnf--fShNhivcfER4jhutHLcz0ywKaK7mLQ1mjQAxZXKblbW4GSJGHO tPUP49HR0_Jm2Qny9FtUJYg-t8EgwlOOSR7-UUdayKdtlEgBbU4PL83UOJ9duqMc8E0oB3Y-20ywBlByqi2WA9QmPPBQqRLkh_KUZtEeteH_bSHVIlR_4HBemk PYPHlzOulJv9-Bjacp-O65T_J71tH7XazOwqfO5ih-FvM8jiKJVBbfQggZDL-6k_YyHrgVFyA0NoRu6QswdRVi9FfDo7_4SSD4_l8LrO0XtWgzX s5dEGpsteXN8bEBOyxRaoB-HxmbD5dBYolHlUOrx3JmAEUg__BBepM5ZFai-IzP3FL_EVgMO0eXhGAtVM-ZaKcOjV55nVZiRZBzI9XBW1AsiSTDbQn1Sg9dpRPOR9UDglRnD tVKlDO7MiuyTC3N3VXL6YcrrEqs-OoL722B0oVyt-BomehxApzmQvkx--HFGzY0s675ehOSIvcqTDbc-YxCiGtS6C-BhdgTYBNbqwnnKHfbGNeq=w613-h945-no

image 2

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DD48LUS7Tg9LgkXKW1upfMUavScRjIq1A9rg4RTKKHoVxvz9UL DBYelyNEjx8ANt_rpx_xRioHbvIEOYR52OeKIO8BpD7sBHfDSq VDwn5LcDnnPbe0h6HCHiTea8UTflAgw6zXRVPZ4fThu5dtt64O NNiSmUVFvezwOx5rT81u5QU_4E_sk086w3THRGcDR3xsXRmM4D jYXT-0dVSdTTuGV0ynwdji3eJC5pJamIoMlwplx1OBV3_DlJzcUITwW Ybhj0UHMss3Sp8EdUGvEpQ0s8DTeMjZNJso3ZxK88DyDlBgTK9 9NSgCpuNTVypneFILQkfuKeKiVInJrtt23-bK8QZEd9HwHWu8sjHeAPiTLyVvR9BNBsnuhuj1FbEwQEIRjYjA yh3o6t6VxA59LIhz4XoJOdhg9mp0-ib-2NEaVXpTQZcwVd_96l6NyHccoqD0DQ_GyfYrv9P-IKN1n2Mu9vAddN18cutUV9XRq_HzBeuVjJhzwSrGanZz6ddmoO h6bbZfg3qcqi3PZWyX20ZxH7AAfMyT9kQslmNxR1MDSHR1j-3WEdMb98BdJ4TCSRzYWMmDeBZ2cMU9oPe2yIY_HNfGkQtGlZAU 4BMeChCNtqTpeq0etInPUWAvioT4H0cPEaoc4UbdZ57SLILz3a PEDDHwDWXyt=w613-h945-no

i think i have narrowed down what i need to do...just need someone to tell me if they can see either of those image?

Thanks

Daemonslave
19-04-2018, 22:50
I can see them :)

Nice job btw

&mpersand
19-04-2018, 22:59
ok last test.

picture 1
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/B24yAdfCn-6tDzvd5AIqhscuAUS1fnpyiQK3zeKLBoST95IOi91TYzpbbfeQ mGDPYGBfl8Vt7YcsP_fFX-p4iz8DWVCQltwfMhmFFNhWlDT7wPsZ511i_vGbKbWlqLaBWaLk w29NrjPyNoWYWCXpiWRAp4IUB3t8OLm8KASJp0cxLLPqY-p_74psMnAbZvYwT4Go4_3CuKNSUgXn9n-PCuas3Y1rahwWKmPfnuypr3QpwNOsmSX3-54_r4lr8Q1FOKhDX9neQjcup6LxYOeXdRkwF4pynq8gTi6KYDR qjxewwwDpD_ChqkeU_WdyMlFwNkqQwBdMSbZI0HEkvQG6iEzWU Kl-LuyYFBOjlrZfMkNl4JdQ7JVmcDSqI-29zvhPKmIEuZJiF8VTtuzFEDTD1sW1DPvfjv31uSqKJnjvzEir 1X4Vn2ylL1-e2fnmKkvoqRW7KdH_eF9kRDfOhE6AeO98oAMQgduR_fjUvEze0 Oo6LyIKL72fa9i9wOMxWhETx1ayIGj1Ern5uQrPyxgR_JcyOOi UUdB5c3GAxHp2iVqciPmH8BDz0nQ3YOl5IVStZoYNChdQoqTax omamzGxALG2JlANsB78md7TKVtWiQwZw3fq1v5dRNvs3Rx2Uaj f3os-TEDw_rUbSKDhj0okbmSPTTM4Zii3=s800-no

picture 2

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/8RkVD9zK53r0EwfE5iFu415c-j7hPot7wM9wJ5RTxAgfuDSOSOVI6MfYFwDKZ1Lrt6XGA1JPfWC eQ_sve6mJHTwMwcu4kHL_SrCiOgSkBu24IJSI3Ctg3Oac3VXj-Mcgj1Zrz5ku6CN-8oYCZnXUCpmms9SCin8K8PZTXrKuZqyiRKYkXstgVxVB_wG_mb 0ObjE8jxJDsHuJ-BKTCM88GJ8OZZIGayaAoCPMOUfdTZJ705HuT7X2-pJROrX3lURBEzRWGkkl3vtgRAHVomxCxDbtAcRU82H5mqRH8CD OWCCZlx3Fq5YZfEgq6XPML_CX-vAqK68uLR2zNpbXfqPnylUxu4yDHKWFZmQ2jgXym9jJ6Mna0xT 0wUFIrRnsrZXgkGmC0nxUHBfbWcrG4XmgXpKZCkbrkgC79i6qc OlobutCl3Tem1_9G2srNHoyCPsYtSczxf6iHGkefy2tuseYf1b O9ShtCQjUzqNC3PFrF4ete3AeWVP5sazv7OCgCqy3s8fIrLtd9 wWVg_fHBSB6_U4SIxQIzU6AI-ebOUz7846bh3Xh4jvGCYqz3chtr0Ww6DxZsk49JcaCEYHOvqy9 EXWOdtgfPQoTt9RTgXM=s800-no

either of these viewable?

Richard
20-04-2018, 03:37
not yet give it a day or two

&mpersand
20-04-2018, 08:29
Hmmm well i didn bothin different between the 2 posts...only difference?

Transparency

So maybe the forum struggles with 32 bit png files.
Of note. I can see these on my mobile phone.

However ive posted up png files with transparency already..

The plot thickens!!

Richard
20-04-2018, 19:18
firstone up with ghouls skeles and vampire bats not second looks good thou

&mpersand
21-04-2018, 00:55
OK i have nailed it i think.

its not the url
its not transparency
it is...................
google photos permisions!
i have a shared folder that i upload to. but it doesnt share them unless i manually add them to the shared folder by selection!
totally bizarre, but there you have it!

OK
you may notice that those newer monster cards have no pretty pictures on them? well its a conscious decision, where i have also gone back and removed all miniature images from the monster cards. i know it doesnt look as 'cool' but it does make it more flexible and i am no longer locked down to miniature specifics!
this came about from choosing to use night goblins as the base set goblins but then only to discover they were also introduced in lair of the orc lord.
so to avoid any collision or fanboy back lash i have simply made the option more generic. or less specific lets say.
that way i can use any goblins i like!

Richard
22-04-2018, 13:25
you may notice that those newer monster cards have no pretty pictures on them? well its a conscious decision, where i have also gone back and removed all miniature images from the monster cards. i know it doesnt look as 'cool' but it does make it more flexible and i am no longer locked down to miniature specifics!
this came about from choosing to use night goblins as the base set goblins but then only to discover they were also introduced in lair of the orc lord.
so to avoid any collision or fanboy back lash i have simply made the option more generic. or less specific lets say.
that way i can use any goblins i like!

That's the best way mate, at least i'm doing it like that and had no complaints. i also decided to not use images as its alot easier to move around model companies. i'm using SDE models with my kids and mainly going forward using Zombicide and Massive Darkness miniatures. it also makes more roleplay by no images so with the descriptive part of the text the person visualises the idea of a fireball, the crackling embers from the flame, the heat radiating from the centre. Held in the hand of a bright wizard his eyes ablaze his anger transformed into a living weapon before it is slung at a cluster of goblins about to make attempted charge at the wound warrior priest. etc etc

&mpersand
22-04-2018, 22:05
That's the best way mate, at least i'm doing it like that and had no complaints. i also decided to not use images as its alot easier to move around model companies. i'm using SDE models with my kids and mainly going forward using Zombicide and Massive Darkness miniatures. it also makes more roleplay by no images so with the descriptive part of the text the person visualises the idea of a fireball, the crackling embers from the flame, the heat radiating from the centre. Held in the hand of a bright wizard his eyes ablaze his anger transformed into a living weapon before it is slung at a cluster of goblins about to make attempted charge at the wound warrior priest. etc etc

well that was the plan..with exception of the treasure cards of course. ive done way too many of those to go back and change now, plus they dont have specific models..so im not locked down anyways!
win win!

anyways time to attempt to get all of this rolling. i have finally wrapped up 2 A0 poster sized images ready to be sent off to the printers
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uTpkGckydTh4WK8CoRT_j3CbZk4lqYiiEN-ft9xnr0Lpgjw9O1UpNf7BXVTMMP3OSnTdTmQOJCumAV08Xmpfu jE9L2L2YkQrQh0hzBXR3VxfMmhHAPRexDpLtctHxnQtlp-l5qr8e9d0d-7FXFkK91IKNsl6ojnGj39Q9ZmSXpCkwOgmqpL7jmCfwfxFdmDq mxYXMbXY2YRFlaLjYl0rqyXUlT9Ajsl4P_oYiIlyW5cNk_MjF2 hqBgVcI83tzd4vNupyCRmI1OaG2o2iGVow0815SV2uVGL8ognF KDytBIJfwb1zH66feQcdOjyuk8ECoqGHO-s9TadxqvwL7N2iJZmKdelxNY8g0CmvdO7xo5Ry1gWckPC3UHkO hUfjv49Y5J0X_5_WYlGrlZCnxU2mUMvjallCmo2eD-eWJgzr16xNZSUNTJkFepv2Y-YzqJhKxuZTKUUdBodvfTNfJvM2bs_SSzgAmt2UYnS0jAAB_yhn PSFeVv-NWMwiVrOCnULX_CfQ-ZqDB9UL355E1s7VFksK-KMyqzekD4KyhRGBdiW0Dt4wNxOCWF4OSI94C_bZRDXe_1rWT3r 0uHIOVZ9v5GhxgBzFUE3QEa_yLbv3DTybcRz9xzZO8KfC684iy do0jiI9m412ef6IKo3eowP7V9q6A8NlhddQ=w1000-h707-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/WJVtecu58VCwspN0CjTWB-7qrMl3J93H7HleyOxwZ2DE4c8Zt_GyPYpCWoWAUEczdUj-JlYJZQlfb4GT3-L-bf1e0RsdBXenLFIzagJX0qHRgFelU2aK3zxybiezrvTl_aJhl5 PqQn0Eg3H2c-htCpnsxeQctAfN_kSiHnvPrV634APLxDwHMFwJR6vfaUmxn3el RalwCC2t1zQLTJtrFJhYCEQAkUW9qEmGCte2HpOZ-RpTel65Eq55Or99EoJUYFBvJpJjbhnPen_z-SeG-sxkon8xaVRSWdqreFKivLv9FSCZE9IyxTt--w8ielkJjoSS0lPvJDNgwGPi_jpO_qLCErYwr3xtHgfRx0xLMyQ jcv96EAAfrb4_fYuD4Zl47VhxV3pkbRCuX62HRBeWffUqBoaLQ OvawnuzUNczrEFErQSpavWUasg37vzdquqtGf63a1D8zPycVBN D4aH4UFANcLycjFNdaTNrWkf9xC5lbK8hs8X-j7CX80i006YwyATq1xcXPe2YHSdSc_FSgmUW8ogwMOiiJ4ANwR C94_vEHbpRBtvoMKUvQlENQ2mpQ-K8DSZ9XIs4H4S5VwNNSRlaSglPTYVfKkRPwKxDz4McU_NYMMDE eANqzhhAvRE911F2AGfBXAz1D_hCryh0RDubN8M403Bs=w1000-h707-no

hopefully i have everything down. only things i couldnt seem to find any images of was the catacombs counters from the catacombs of terror explansion..i'm guessing they cant be that important. and if they turn up at a later date i can just get printed at my local printers

i'm also painting up some models as we speak and hope to get the cooler images rolling at some point this week. :)

Shas'El Tael
29-04-2018, 05:51
Mother of god.. 8O wow hahaha. Impressive man. Look forward to the results!

All humble seeing you have included someo of my work there too. Thank you. :)

Now lets see those miniatures! :D

(PS. I've seen all images in the thread)

&mpersand
29-04-2018, 14:45
Mother of god.. 8O wow hahaha. Impressive man. Look forward to the results!
All humble seeing you have included someo of my work there too. Thank you. :)
Now lets see those miniatures! :D
(PS. I've seen all images in the thread)

well you made some pretty cool tiles to choose from. and i also needed to flesh out my print areas with more content in order to maximise my printing costs. your stuff seemed like a pretty good option. so top man for creating and sharing :)
now lets see those miniatures!
the irony that i actually took some photos this morning as well!

goblins with spears..which oddly were inspired by your own goblins a few years back (gnoblar, goblin, night goblin mashups) so the weird coincidence i am responding to your post with something i clearly stole from you!
sorry looted from your dungeon!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qIaQh_rQeLI/WuXIwBYtMLI/AAAAAAAAB34/UqSNhtyZxwomGiobbss_pT-UvJeZC6e5gCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0184.png

as i had made these a long while back it suddenly struck me that as well as looking great...i didnt use them at all so all i needed to do was lop off the weapons and throw some spears in!

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j9_BuKwi6Y4/WuXJsYMtIDI/AAAAAAAAB4E/A3FPDn8FXnUxZYPD5VIzXPZ4-NqXSAdbQCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0194.png

and create 1 more. as i only had 5 done from previous :)

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DbY5BGIF130/WuXKHhGS3oI/AAAAAAAAB4Q/3X71gLsFdmAUhe8BitD-TGLSB0z837dqACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0190.png

Shas'El Tael
30-04-2018, 23:35
Oh man, they look so good - its great seeing more folks doing goblins and no issues from me, all about the inspiration and idea sharing :)

I really need to finish my archers - but the classic spear weilding gobbo? Timeless :D

I'll be releasing an entire Khemri themed set shortly - will give you guys heads up.

May I ask you Greenskin recipe?

Thanks! - Seb

&mpersand
01-05-2018, 12:14
nice one yeh. was good to finally put those gobbos to some good use. how on earth do you manage to get so many bitz to do all of those kitbashes? haha
anyways skin is pretty bog standard really

base -death world forest
wash - Athonian camoshade
1st highlight - Death world forest
2nd highlight - strakken green
final highlight - ogryn camo & strakken green mix

i simply mix upto each colour between the highlight. so the first highlight has a little strakken green adding and working out from recesses until topmost parts are 100% strakken green
final highlight is purely based on how contrasting you want your final highlights (sharp edges etc) to be. more contrast = more ogryn camo.

i should really of put some colour for the ear tips nose and lips. but it wasnt until after taking the pictures that i realised i had forgotten :)

hope that helps anyways.

oh and your objective rooms you made..were they for any particular ruleset?

&mpersand
11-05-2018, 17:56
so i received a little bundle of joy in the post this morning

I'll just leave these here :)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kBp1GG1fj3U/WvXIsYOX9nI/AAAAAAAAB5I/ElKAvX7kM88BgSJt3le7ouLYfHmjiE3zwCLcBGAs/s1000/IMG_0185.JPG

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pGyws6FFx_c/WvXIsaJOXpI/AAAAAAAAB5Q/x3gYWMcJ0q40TRxSZeD9R3tpy97GBgq1gCLcBGAs/s1000/IMG_0186.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-U-culiGIaSU/WvXIseUVqmI/AAAAAAAAB5M/Cldx1BVg1_MG6VNUX8hoqExohigTkcscQCLcBGAs/s1000/IMG_0187.JPG

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BiAyCwbd9kQ/WvXItY8rxPI/AAAAAAAAB5U/SwGpTRZNtb88J2ZIIKmTP_MhpcC829MBACLcBGAs/s1000/IMG_0190.JPG

Richard
11-05-2018, 21:47
Wow really nice to see your great work in all its glory

Shas'El Tael
22-05-2018, 06:27
Lovely lovely - so enjoy a parcel from the printer :D Quality result :)

Daemonslave
22-05-2018, 20:36
Really nice - how much did that cost you?

&mpersand
23-05-2018, 00:11
well as this was a test. i only did a 54 deck and it cost me like 21dollars...which is expensive. but mostly thats because of shipping.
my next print will be all of the remaining cards so going to print like 200 or so and it will only cost 34 dollars. i just wanted to make sure they turned out good before i went the whole hog

Daemonslave
23-05-2018, 17:11
well as this was a test. i only did a 54 deck and it cost me like 21dollars...which is expensive. but mostly thats because of shipping.
my next print will be all of the remaining cards so going to print like 200 or so and it will only cost 34 dollars. i just wanted to make sure they turned out good before i went the whole hog

Hey that's not that much - when I've looked into stuff in the UK it's always approached hundreds of pounds, so I'd be willing to pay that. What company do you use? Is it cheaper to have repeats (i.e if you have a couple of cards made for bandages, provisions, basic weapons such as swords, etc and put say, 10 on a page and asked to have 6 copies)

&mpersand
24-05-2018, 01:52
printerstudio.com

they are shipped from america and i had to pay like 6 quid extra handling ontop of the postage.
hence why i will be doing much more cards. take a look at the site. ill certainly vouch for them. the quality of the cards is very good indeed.
they dont print in sheets. they are cards..no cutting required. you add your images however you want and yeh get a deck back in the post..they turned up about 7 working days later..which aint bad either.

Daemonslave
25-05-2018, 15:52
Great, I'll definitely give them a try one day. :)

&mpersand
24-04-2019, 06:58
well after a rather hectic and incredibly long year. it seems i can pick this project back up.
i have one or 2 problems that have grown due to some products being discontinued and my usual printers no longer providing poster prints. but ill be looking for the following so i can progress

printer studio that provides good quality A0 poster print sizes. i used to use 1clickprint, but they seem to of gone all 'professional' and no longer just provide the things i need..unless i want my boards printing on glass! lol

orc boyz are no more!! seems like GW discontinued these guys and are no longer available anywhere. so ill be looking to find a suitable replacement.
so hopefully i can start this project back up soon enough and start posting up goodies again although i see the forum is still pretty much propped up by the same people :)

Richard
24-04-2019, 12:56
orc boyz are no more!! seems like GW discontinued these guys and are no longer available anywhere. so ill be looking to find a suitable replacement.

Greenskinz Start Collecting boxes are scatter around random model shops if that helps and some random sprues on ebay

so hopefully i can start this project back up soon enough and start posting up goodies again although i see the forum is still pretty much propped up by the same people :)

Got no where else to go ;) still going strong thou with 420 - 500 views a week Warhammer quest is still going strong.

All that's left to say is Welcome home &mpersand welcome home

&mpersand
09-06-2019, 03:33
Thank you kind sir. and i do indeed return baring gifts. (now lets just hope that this forum shows them up hey?)

a few trips here and there and finally after scouring the internet to get my floor tiles printed out i ended up discovering a little shop not quarter of a mile from my house who produced this beautiful print.
infact i had 2 different prints to cover all of the various base game tiles and token. i also threw in the expansions, White Dwarf addons and some fan made tiles as well (eastern empire, Beyond the Grey mountains and littlemonk)
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-njpYSOqfHhw/XPxf__OGHkI/AAAAAAAAB7Y/Zv27qOymDxEWM4C_mb1LWQO2DpvzqVDRQCLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0187.png

Mounting thse onto 2mm thick grey board. losing all sensation in my index finger i also managed to cut them all out
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Gcv9t4lWRx4/XPxgkAHRr9I/AAAAAAAAB7g/IAF-nTRUZqYSvX2pwLNI5s8QWsRBbLBEACLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0210.png

Just to give a little scope here. it took about 15 cuts to actually get through the card.with a minimum of 60 cuts for each regular 4 sided tile/token you can see why i got through about 8 or 9 blades and think i have a permanent indentation in my fingers for the rest fo my life :mad:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iv16n1uZn2o/XPxhHyShL3I/AAAAAAAAB7o/-qrFZpBVD3w1qJ6LcXnfrLuVbSP8BAC4QCLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0211.png

so just to be realistic here before i milk my pain and anguish any longer. thats 55 floortiles and about 65 tokens ...thats a minimum of 7200 cuts!!!! yes i worked it out ..im sad...but there we go.
And of course i had to throw in an obligatory action shot...notice the greyboard dust still all over the table...lucky the wife loves me! haha

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kSz7ooIRkIc/XPxhRM3v54I/AAAAAAAAB7s/-0QjdWmme04YiZDUf94DwfRHVOAnoyltACLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0224.png

but lets not stop there right? i now have over 400 cards printed off
firstly covering the base game
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7qMffwaZtyo/XPxiZGj36lI/AAAAAAAAB78/JxdGkFS69zoXDxpbSkiJx3uzHoHayU4bwCLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0193.png

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-c7J904d4vh0/XPxiuIDLSJI/AAAAAAAAB8E/kF3wtiFqfnU2XCv2LYD7naGtBXqDRRgBQCLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0197.png

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ty3XF5fMxms/XPxi8u5pEDI/AAAAAAAAB8I/DabwzENEiOcLXiQ_XOFfXVM0o9X5ShXJwCLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0199.png

Thats not 400 though is it? i also decided to flesh out for costs sake, throwing in every single expansion and white dwarf addon as well as respective cards to the floor tiles

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_HzanxiFteY/XPxjOzpzblI/AAAAAAAAB8Q/DdFDEH0A-GoqEq8me1mIHRHrAsWJ1Df7QCLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0208.png

ok this forum does hate me..no wonder people dont come here anymore!! lol part 2 coming shortly

&mpersand
09-06-2019, 03:37
sorry for the interruption (can only put so many pictures in a post apparently)

I really liked the idea of dealing out cards into the middle of the table for settlements and the fantastic work done for beyond the grey mountains fit perfectly for that. as well as liking their objective card deck to assist in a themed dungeon. sadly they dont seem to be around anymore. but i have say massive kudos to them and everyone else that has added some extra flavour to this game over the years. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-42RzyH31A3A/XPxj3hDgB2I/AAAAAAAAB8c/PuHTNC8KWQw86IrAFeEF2bkkMpwB-4T8wCLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0202.png

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jxdxbJ5gRb4/XPxj_CVNP3I/AAAAAAAAB8g/YVEY4scGjSgOWbRCEVFv8MrdPs2Ekd8GgCLcBGAs/s1200/IMG_0205.png

and last but not least. i have also done some painting here and there. and managed to also strike off one of the monster categories off my list too with these skaven (sorry for the awful picture)
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YrAxcQ86Jsw/XPxkLSDfWII/AAAAAAAAB8o/Y4c6jUuHV7wEoeshzzm0YUNB5oZhHRdXQCLcBGAs/s1000/IMG_0222.png

anyways hope you enjoy..i would like to think my time away has given me a bit of added drive to play catch up on myself. and hopefully will be able to at least semi regularly be able to show my progress and add some worthwhile updates into the fray :)

Richard
09-06-2019, 07:13
i would like to think my time away has given me a bit of added drive to play catch up on myself. and hopefully will be able to at least semi regularly be able to show my progress and add some worthwhile updates into the fray :)

Hi &mpersand you do indeed bare MIGHTY gifts and your injury you suffered will be a epic reminder of what you achieved. the card art and work gone into them is amazing and the action snap shot is sweet with the gnoblars. i wouldn't worry about the site hating you, i have same problem to many pics and have to scatter one night of work across four or five posts

Seriously though well done with the cards i feel quite jealous of how good yours is compared to mine and i'm going to be printing mine off soon... don't know now after seeing yours lol

Well done mate you came back with a bang

&mpersand
09-06-2019, 13:22
thanks very much, this is certainly a labour of love. of which i dont feel i am very far away from being able to actually play, having all of the extras is something i will look to introduce whilst i still try to retain focus on the 'Box Set'

i have had many other trials and tribulations.
monster bases!!!!!!! i mean monster bases causing a problem?
i never quite understood how AHQ simply had a rule for monsters that are over 1 base square in size but WHQ doesnt, and due to the ruling for placing monsters, things like trolls, minotaurs and ogres etc become a problem when you put them on larger bases as the Large monster ruling only actually applies to the humongous types like dragons and such.
If WHQ was supposed to be an advancement on AHQ they kinda dropped the ball a little here.

then there is the actual monster tables which are giving me a headache i simply don't like them!! hobgoblins, chaos dwarfs, dark elves...meh no thanks i would rather flesh them out with more skaven or greenskins.
then there is also the headache of later levels..oh man i dont want to have a collection that requires a spare bedroom just to play a game!

but for now gotta stick on the path to sorting the base game

6 Orc Warriors - i'm really struggling to find any worthwhile here, with the ork boys now being out of production my best bet is pre-built ones on ebay that i will have to kit bash. but still im struggling to get my hands on any with a simple hand weapon and shield

12 Giant Spiders - I have already decided i am going to sculpt a spider myself and try and duplicate, i have done some trials here using florist wire and greenstuff to sculpt a spider that hopefully i can duplicate (with wire inside) which will allow me to pose them how i see fit)

12 Giant Bats - Proxy - most likely going to go with the GW bat swarms onto singular bases.

of course i have some painting to do..but i want to get playing too. so not much left before i can start playing at very least with unpainted mini's (heinous act i know!! :P)

Richard
09-06-2019, 19:07
then there is the actual monster tables which are giving me a headache i simply don't like them!! hobgoblins, chaos dwarfs, dark elves...meh no thanks i would rather flesh them out with more skaven or greenskins.
then there is also the headache of later levels..oh man i dont want to have a collection that requires a spare bedroom just to play a game!

6 Orc Warriors - i'm really struggling to find any worthwhile here, with the ork boys now being out of production my best bet is pre-built ones on ebay that i will have to kit bash. but still im struggling to get my hands on any with a simple hand weapon and shield

12 Giant Spiders - I have already decided i am going to sculpt a spider myself and try and duplicate, i have done some trials here using florist wire and greenstuff to sculpt a spider that hopefully i can duplicate (with wire inside) which will allow me to pose them how i see fit)

of course i have some painting to do..but i want to get playing too. so not much left before i can start playing at very least with unpainted mini's (heinous act i know!! :P)

well its not heinous to me been doing it for a long time but i know what you mean but i be starting to paint soon especially now with the prospect of the contrast colours. well done again on the cards mate.

i agree with you on the monster tables why i kinda follow the footsteps of the website now lost to time but not forgotten beyond the grey mountains where he focus on theme gaming in his videos. something i have done with all editions fond something i liked and applied to my own gaming. as for the orks try buying the assault of black reach nobz and replace the hand weapons with sword and shield and simple helmet head swap and they look good when i did it way back right now i'm using mantic orks and their just as good

&mpersand
09-06-2019, 20:47
as for the orks try buying the assault of black reach nobz and replace the hand weapons with sword and shield and simple helmet head swap and they look good when i did it way back right now i'm using mantic orks and their just as good

literally just won an auction for 32 of them for 11quid on ebay...1 step closer! yay

Richard
10-06-2019, 19:09
literally just won an auction for 32 of them for 11quid on ebay...1 step closer! yay

nobz or mantic?

&mpersand
10-06-2019, 22:58
nobz or mantic?
orc boyz..so yeh steal!

Richard
10-06-2019, 23:25
oh well done,

Easygrin
13-06-2019, 21:58
Orcs ye i always tried to look for seperate parts there are still quite a few bitsshops who have oop stuff and the 40k boyz do nicely aswell as many dont have super cyber SF parts anyway that cant be cut off and as for weapons i always felt that Orcs in Warhammer specially the ones in dungeons just pick up whatever they can find they feel to me like just in the same spot as the player characters lost in some big tomb trying to kill whatever whoever with anything they can find

&mpersand
14-06-2019, 01:00
yeh well thats the plan. well i at very least have 32 various ones to choose from now. i just need to pick up some shields and stuff to flesh them out how i want them to be, right now im working on a spider prototype that i want to be able to duplicate. so will see if that pans out ok..if not..i'll need to find some suitable ones from somewhere

Richard
14-06-2019, 17:18
im working on a spider prototype that i want to be able to duplicate. so will see if that pans out ok..if not..i'll need to find some suitable ones from somewhere

240286 240287

some good ones if you need too

&mpersand
14-06-2019, 18:00
240286 240287

some good ones if you need too
arent they all 40mm base type spiders?

Richard
14-06-2019, 19:56
arent they all 40mm base type spiders?

my bad i mix reaper giant spiders up with vermin spiders here a pic of spiders for scale if it helps

240288 240289

oh sorry i also meant the pics for design look for your own sculpts

&mpersand
26-06-2019, 16:34
well here is the spider WIP
please take note of the very static pose and the wire through the limbs. once i have finished the sculpt and successfully replicated, those cactus like legs should be pose able.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ns5yEWFhiQY/XQ_oipECI8I/AAAAAAAAB-o/7vY13tb_IMYIWl2AE-vMuDYnawWsETfLwCLcBGAs/s1600/spiderWIP.png

Additonally to this i ran into some problems in my design choice with the doors.
basically they fell over...alot. so i decided i would create a base clip for them very much replicating the design from the original game

using 1mm thick plasticard i constructed a base/clip which was 30 in depth and as wide as my doors, the section in between which operates as the clip im made sure was as close to 0.1mm thinner than the overall floor tiles, and additionally i pinned these clips to allow some flex upon gripping the tiles so not to damage them
checked they fit nice and snugly then repeated this process 13 times to cover the 12 doors and a portcullis
putting them all to one side i then worked on only one as my prototype, and sculpted some greenstuff flagstone to ensure the doors would fit nicely into the recess.
using Bluestuff i created a singular mold from my prototype
and then using my new mold proceeded to complete all of the others

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r15YWdmHWOw/XQ_l5AQbi_I/AAAAAAAAB-c/O1Y_6ba11dI7KjTWiotcE60ljwUcZyKwQCLcBGAs/s1000/doorclips.png

painted them up and gave them a whirl. give or take a couple that were a little tight (vare in mind i'm working with a 0.1mm tolerance here with no precision tooling) i was able to loosen them a little due to the pinning still holding them together and all seems to work nicely :biggrin:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-N4ffqIBNKKM/XRLz0E5hRvI/AAAAAAAAB_Y/4zwY6OgJP50EkKwwQbobHaehbb3dFWV8ACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0189.JPG

Richard
26-06-2019, 22:50
well done on the doors love the finish look and the spider's leg detail truly a work of art, well done

&mpersand
27-06-2019, 23:07
yeh they turned out pretty well and im not sure those spiders legs are a work of art.....yet. it may end up in the bin if my plan dont work

Richard
28-06-2019, 06:08
im not sure those spiders legs are a work of art.....yet. it may end up in the bin if my plan dont work

i hope it does and why i said work of art is because the size of the model, and you made it look like it has hair prickle hair on legs even from that picture. i haven't seen any product of a spider that small to have that effect only the comb hair look. i hope it works

&mpersand
07-07-2019, 12:12
well i managed to make some progress in getting the 12 snotlings wrapped up.
nothing too major. but i also decided to treat myself to a new camera as well along the way as my old one was starting to show up some damaged pixels..and i fancied spending some money on myself too haha

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Sl5swE3k9v4/XSFWxfLSqFI/AAAAAAAACAE/VqBKlfdFP7kYNYUxApnxqZiKesQfRhDSwCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0221.JPG

also along the way i wanted to test out my new camera to see if i could get myself the desired look i tend to have honed much more with my older camera, so made perfect sense to set up a mocked up dungeon using the components i have created so far.
heres a shout out to Seb at eastern empire who i know loves seeing his tiles being used. so heres a pretty much exclusive eastern empire styled set up :)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xi7zM8smRuE/XSFXRs-GsjI/AAAAAAAACAM/v7mNYgNXvhkqPdNXgQrKNmQPeTJIExFIACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0100.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-46XTjOWqi8w/XSFXfJzHl6I/AAAAAAAACAQ/8iGaaXEJNhIx492kOLLq1Sh7ffhj768iQCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0103.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MB5FvbexmXs/XSFXlO_TVLI/AAAAAAAACAY/JvEzABd3E8c8T9Ps7zm8qOflOFQtw9p5gCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0104.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y81k2PF34ro/XSFXtJDrffI/AAAAAAAACAc/ka-dKqgf_XMKYyhqmLm5Hk7nG7cMKqJPACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0109.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qq83SxRHb58/XSFXxqkpg-I/AAAAAAAACAk/uEVsz4zmT7o016fcGApj9W7uOSrnjv_ywCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0111.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fLuOcbUqAwE/XSFX5IhLg0I/AAAAAAAACAs/z5qjlJsfz2kbtG7XbPH0PZTGEe_kHnZmwCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0114.JPG

was also a way for me to test with all the vibrance and variation on the table and still im really happy how my dungeons set up and how well those doors seem to be working.
i'll post some stuff up of the questing knight soon. and i have also made a little bit of progress of the arachnid kind too :p

Richard
07-07-2019, 12:48
very nice pics indeed the doors colours on the models and the fantastic board tiles really come together

&mpersand
07-07-2019, 17:41
yeh its looking pretty cool now. ive also started getting the rules and such printed up. so really all i have to do is focus on getting all the minis completed. my biggest problem right now seems to be Minotaur!!

i think i upset a few people over at BGG by stating how much of a stupid rule it was for larger monsters and that the likes of Minotaur and ogres. troll and such of that size are not classed as large monsters,
many of the responses hearkened back to the game being old and that was the rules back then...but i own advanced heroquest. which is an older game. and it factored in these very things....base sizes!! and anything larger than a single square is a large monster. but the overall rules for WHQ means that it would play havoc trying to squeeze 3 40 or 50 mm bases into a corridor and monster placement. so i am left with a troublesome factor....all monsters of this size...do i try and squeeze them onto 30mm bases and try and hunt down older and much smaller sculpts....bit of a dilemma on that front really. which most likely means i will be leaving minotaurs till last because of what i see as a stupid rule!! yup i said it. stupid rule lol

Richard
08-07-2019, 03:52
my biggest problem right now seems to be Minotaur!!

i think i upset a few people over at BGG by stating how much of a stupid rule it was for larger monsters and that the likes of Minotaur and ogres. troll and such of that size are not classed as large monsters,
many of the responses hearkened back to the game being old and that was the rules back then...but i own advanced heroquest. which is an older game. and it factored in these very things....base sizes!! and anything larger than a single square is a large monster. but the overall rules for WHQ means that it would play havoc trying to squeeze 3 40 or 50 mm bases into a corridor and monster placement. so i am left with a troublesome factor....all monsters of this size...do i try and squeeze them onto 30mm bases and try and hunt down older and much smaller sculpts....bit of a dilemma on that front really. which most likely means i will be leaving minotaurs till last because of what i see as a stupid rule!! yup i said it. stupid rule lol

Everyone that has ever play a miniature board game will have a favourite one and Quest is well known as a classic example of a great game put down into 3d form. Everyone sees the game differently and enjoys it differently to one another, I do believe because its a older game bases sizes were over look but I wouldn't squabble over it and adjust it to how you want to play today on your board. I know a lot of my models will over hang my tiles, but that's my choice to deal with. I have upset people by not being a true to the game player using models made only by GWS to the point were I use none at all lol but the game itself appeals to me, space wise and money has made my choices hard but I wouldn't change anything of my journey with this game as I wouldn't of got to where i'm now if I did.

I believe that you should play the way you want and use the models you want too, whats the point of playing the game you lowhatve if your restricting yourself to what model sculpts to have over a base ruling? opinions and advice is great but honestly you should follow your gut and play to at you think

&mpersand
04-08-2019, 11:35
yeh base sizes annoyed me. but i am over it. i will just figure a way to incorporate 30mm bases into the game. and those i cannot squeeze onto 30 mm bases. i will go with 32mm bases and so on.

anyways. ive finished up the rats now. so another set of critters ticked off the list.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5m65aJtVyRs/XUSyammdxbI/AAAAAAAACB8/ODlq05uifawBkE8i02p9f-nx1waODCITACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0301.JPG

in addition i managed to get some good shots of the bretonnian knight.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gebKKK-jUEc/XUar4HYnPWI/AAAAAAAACCY/UTdWi94v1YAwZRRlyHaMZW1ev5LfgR_pQCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0354.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dBS7i5c7Obw/XUatqagtEII/AAAAAAAACCw/jiJytmeSPiUAJthQWfKBuo61Ke9tqRyywCEwYBhgL/s1600/1.png

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iijsyLff-pA/XUawUFWGZVI/AAAAAAAACDQ/6RX_i3Pgh2ow_Sk9G41EgLWsQAruRpvfwCLcBGAs/s1600/2.png

sadly i wasnt too happy with this guy. i had to do some salvage work after my spray can of anti shine decided to spit out white flecks all off the model. and then moving onto a new batch of the acrylic anti shine, discovering that it was actually shinier than the model was before i decided to seal it up, also not too keen on my free hand on the shield. but alas he was a nice little side quest to get completed.

also just wanted to show what i have down on the table (yes there are a lot of spiders sitting there to the left :D) the rest is for you to have a look over to what is upcoming
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-87nRKYvCuTI/XUSzGNleT6I/AAAAAAAACCI/pBT-adxN6joj2P2Ypb6Qc0gwactruskzgCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_0362.JPG

Richard
11-08-2019, 04:42
arh ok one word... wow the rats well everything looks cool, the tats on the trollslayer were realistic looking very nice.

The knight is a lovely piece of modelling and paintwork is well done

The spiders look bad ass and do I notice a certain witch hunter in the background?

honestly the painted set along with the tiles the action shots are lovely put together mate well done

&mpersand
11-08-2019, 14:17
you do notice a certain witch hunter in the back ground. GW do a pretty cool 40k witch hunter.
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99800107016_InquisitorInfernoPistolPoerSwordNEW_01 .jpg
i managed to carve all of the tech stuff off him and do a little bit of green stuff sculpting to make him fit into a fantasy theme. he's a way off from being ready to start painting though.

the orcs i have actually done quite a bit to them. pinning those arms and putting them into more dynamic poses to move away from the more robotic poses that the originals had. i feel it brings a lot more character to them then just sticking the arms on.

spiders....i am painting up right now :P

Richard
11-08-2019, 19:35
thought so, he is sweet. The Descent model version of a Witch Hunter has a crossbow giving a Hugh Jackman Van Hesling look to him. orks were sweet I notice their irregular, and contrast paints I notice?

&mpersand
11-08-2019, 19:46
oh hell no. i wont touch contrast paints. I dont need to pay someone to water down my paints for me.
i just use normal acrylic and add medium+water as i paint. ive been doing the 'contrast paints' style for a while now. think about it.
you add water and medium....therefore you are getting less paint in a pot. so just use regular paint and thin it yourself! when i say less. to get the same consistency you use probably less than a quarter of the paint...so 1 pot = 4 pots of contrast paint....which costs more too.

Richard
12-08-2019, 05:58
My mistake which leads me to say great job on the orc skin texture really has a lot of depth. What palette did use?

&mpersand
12-08-2019, 18:13
oh thats just an unfinished base coat of death world forest. ive not painted up orcs for a Long long time. so just going to build them up and see how they pan out. ill give a recipe once ive figured it out for myself.
you may notice i wash my models before i paint them. this is for 3 reasons
i prefer painting onto off white/grey
it helps define the details better.
if i can get away with once thin coat (works better on darker colours) then it gives me a natural highlight and shade in the recesses

so overall for model like that. it makes the job a quicker one overall

Richard
12-08-2019, 18:59
oh thats just an unfinished base coat of death world forest. ive not painted up orcs for a Long long time. so just going to build them up and see how they pan out. ill give a recipe once ive figured it out for myself.
you may notice i wash my models before i paint them. this is for 3 reasons
i prefer painting onto off white/grey
it helps define the details better.
if i can get away with once thin coat (works better on darker colours) then it gives me a natural highlight and shade in the recesses

so overall for model like that. it makes the job a quicker one overall

this part of the hobby is my worse or least experience so your advice is much appreciated. when it comes to painting of collecting building I have to completely finish one stage before I move on. hense no painted models for the last 6 years lol never been able to get to that stage lol

&mpersand
13-08-2019, 17:34
we all have our strengths right? whilst i am better at graphics and not a bad painter. im an awful writer. so there are things you can do that by far exceed my capabilities.

however. it really irks me when i play a game if i havent managed to paint everything we use...i even find myself apologising "sorry these aint been painted yet" lol

Richard
13-08-2019, 20:13
we all have our strengths right? whilst i am better at graphics and not a bad painter. im an awful writer. so there are things you can do that by far exceed my capabilities.
however. it really irks me when i play a game if i havent managed to paint everything we use...i even find myself apologising "sorry these aint been painted yet" lol

lol I feel like that with the tiles of mind I've decided to go all mdf so come 1st Sept me and Simon will be making headway in finishing the tiles

Daemonslave
15-08-2019, 22:26
Wow, I don't come on here for a while and your board is nearly done - just how long have I been away? They look great by the way, as do your cards, well as does everything to be honest.

Regarding the basing issue, I had similar thoughts about it, which was why I made my tiles the size I did, I suppose one option would be buying miniatures (those not classed as large creatures) which are actually not that big (otherworld do quite small Minotaurs for example), or you could use the current GW size ones and just have them take up more squares (but this gives the warriors a bit of an advantage as not as many can get into adjacent squares). It's a tough one...

&mpersand
16-08-2019, 21:11
Wow, I don't come on here for a while and your board is nearly done - just how long have I been away? They look great by the way, as do your cards, well as does everything to be honest.

Regarding the basing issue, I had similar thoughts about it, which was why I made my tiles the size I did, I suppose one option would be buying miniatures (those not classed as large creatures) which are actually not that big (otherworld do quite small Minotaurs for example), or you could use the current GW size ones and just have them take up more squares (but this gives the warriors a bit of an advantage as not as many can get into adjacent squares). It's a tough one...

yeh im not too far off now. dont have too much left to do before i will be able to get my first game in too. and yeh for minotaurs, im going to attempts 30mm bases, so whilst all the regular ones are 25mm. going 5mm bigger keeps them within the square size on the board. ill manage to make this work for minotaurs. and ogres. but trolls might struggle.
and you are right tactically, this makes the larger monsters a pain in the ass for the players, even less so with a bigger base. so it effects the actual play of the game. which if you ask me (and ill stick by this forever) was an awful design decision for the game, everyone keeps saying "but back then" which is nonsense. we still had those 40mm square bases in advanced heroquest and a large monster rule and that was out a few year prior to WHQ. and they should of adapted for this,
to have something as mundane as base size cause such an issue is crazy really. so heres to hoping i can squeeze as many different types of larger monsters onto 30mm bases!

&mpersand
19-08-2019, 21:30
got my spiders done

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2bmF42Hq8J8/XVsDDhlXKoI/AAAAAAAACEc/B_pmJ9DNjA8dNLtuhHML-HZCDKZWGBCIQCLcBGAs/s1000/IMG_0393.png

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4Yc7qeu121g/XVsDR_mGTJI/AAAAAAAACEg/EsV5B23WmakQOEKetnpGPfxP3IL6SyiYgCLcBGAs/s1000/IMG_0371.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-golRmjrg6zk/XVsDl7VSzzI/AAAAAAAACE0/R4ONLsvLGYggKau9qu_upUaDtAO11kkpwCLcBGAs/s1000/IMG_0373.JPG

also managed to get my books bound up..bound up? binded? whatever lol. all done, of which im very happy with

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bqs09iwJB5Y/XVsEcLEIpiI/AAAAAAAACFI/WHqolD-HN7EYPcOqE38atFRaCx1ZxEsrQCLcBGAs/s1000/IMG_0397.JPG

Richard
20-08-2019, 03:45
they look like actual models you could by in a shop mate very nicely done and congrats on booklets

&mpersand
20-08-2019, 09:03
they look like actual models you could by in a shop mate very nicely done and congrats on booklets

yeh..from the pound shop :p

Daemonslave
20-08-2019, 16:35
Don't be daft, those spiders look really good. You've done a cracking job on them. The books look very professional too. I've been thinking of binding them myself. Keep up the good work!

&mpersand
21-08-2019, 21:46
i jest of course. they are unique to my collection, ill take that :p

Richard
28-08-2019, 22:45
i jest of course. they are unique to my collection, ill take that :p

A unique lot of models found only in your collection and I stand by what I said their are really good and do look like models you could actually buy and cost more than a pound shop

Rogue
27-02-2021, 17:44
Very nicely done with re-creating the basics for WHQ. I am kind of looking into a dungeon crawler for some reason these days and WHQ may be something that I can get into in the future. You have inspired me to look further.