PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Epic

x-esiv-4c
16-06-2005, 03:11
We've had a thread about Forge world quality and in a lot of cases there have been accounts of excess flash and molding. How does this reflect in EPIC? There really isn't much allowance for error otherwise your mini tau battle-suit is a blob of resin. Anyone had any experience in this?

xerxeshavelock
16-06-2005, 08:30
We've had a thread about Forge world quality and in a lot of cases there have been accounts of excess flash and molding. How does this reflect in EPIC? There really isn't much allowance for error otherwise your mini tau battle-suit is a blob of resin. Anyone had any experience in this?

I got a whole load of Tau in Epic (still to paint!) and generally the quality was good. The infantry had a bit of flash, but no actual damage to the figures at all. The Devilfish were as crisp as you could believe, really amazing. Some of the Hammerheads were really bad (I swapped them at a tournament at GW) the rest were pretty good, but not perfect, needing a little scraping etc. The quality of the resin was variable, I only saw that because I ordered loads. The Devilfish were made of a slightly more brittle, almost yellow resin, the worst of the Hammerheads were made of a grainy grey resin (even more so than the usual 40K stuff I buy).

So yes, Iíd buy it again, but if you arenít happy with some components be prepared to get in touch with them.

Malen Kharn
25-06-2005, 12:43
I got some baneblades, 2 were fine, but one had the whole back of the track's and barrels distorted, and I basicly had to carve in the detail myself.

I also got some conquorers and vanquishers, they are good models, but half the size of the gw ones.

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 13:46
Thanks for the help guys. If you do get a model that is really bad can you send it back for a replacement?

Briareos
25-06-2005, 14:42
Forgeworld seems to follow the GW approach to Quality Assurance : basically, they package all but the truly badly casted minis, and if a customer has a problem with a model, they either replace it or send you a new one.

So, be prepared to get at least some miscast products if you make a large order to Forgeworld. But they are reasonably nice about it and replace deficient products without much fuss.

Of course, if you live in Austalia and need to send back your miscast Baneblade, the send-back postage could be a problem...