PDA

View Full Version : Old Lizardmen

Gadicitus
19-06-2005, 22:12
It seems that you can't go two lines without finding some of the old 5th Ed. Saurus and Skink models on eBay. Having come into a fairly large amount already (2x 5th Edition Boxed set sets, plus some random junk) - I thought that I would try and put something resembling a force together.

How would I go about making these 5th ones fit into the current 'look' of the army? I'm thinking swapping all of the front row with 'helmeted' Saurus heads?

:0)
20-06-2005, 05:03
There's not a whole lot you can do to "spruce up" the old saurus past swapping weapons and shields. The heads would look too odd and large in my opinion compared to the classic models.

Believe me, I know. I have around 40 of the old saurus. :p

Good luck, though!

Tyra_Nid
20-06-2005, 06:57
Bah, dont bother with the new ones at all. They are nothing compared to the old range! (ok, maybe skinks are better :p)

Adlan
20-06-2005, 07:27
I just interspersed the heads at random, and if you have the newsaurus you will have loads of spears left (unless you used the spears).
They work quite well

MarcoPollo
27-06-2005, 22:35
yeah, don't worry too much about sprucing up the old ones. They are classic. I have a whole bunch of them too but I am not going to re-paint these guys just to fill the pockets of GW.

I spent a long time painting them and they look excellent. I think that because they look good, not too many people care about it if they are new or not.

At least they know (or think they know) that I have played them for a long time and must be experienced with them (which is true for me). But this can give you and edge too.

Nazguire
28-06-2005, 11:20
I would be stuck in the middle here. For starters the old Saurii look a bit goofy but still have a lot more viciousness to them then the new ones...but the new ones have ridiculous grins, no bulk and nothing ornamental or Aztec-ish about them other than the banner...

GW Lizardmen are for me some of the worst in the range... :cries: