PDA

View Full Version : RT page 260-261 who's who?

salamandercaptain
13-08-2006, 14:19
Jervis, John Blanche and Mike McVey are all dead obvious and I'm guessing the Perry twins are top middle on 261 (with I am, so am I on their foreheads) anyone any ideas about the others.

s

sigur
13-08-2006, 14:40
Good question, I've also been riddling around on that page, coming to the conclusion that I don't know two third of the people there anyway and frustratedly closed the book.;)

AmasNagol
13-08-2006, 15:14
What happened to Mike McVey? He still pretending he can sculpt?

I find it a bit disappointing one of the greatest miniature painters in hinstory seems to have just become redundant. No one talks about him anymore.

Lt. Co Steel
13-08-2006, 15:24
Out of curiosity and ignorance, but what is RT?

de Selby
13-08-2006, 15:40
Rogue Trader was the first edition of Warhammer 40000. There's a double page cartoon panel showing 'sci-fi' versions of the rogues and miscreants responsible for its creation. I've never known who any of them are either, but I'd be interested to find out...

Aegius
13-08-2006, 19:37
What happened to Mike McVey? He still pretending he can sculpt?

I find it a bit disappointing one of the greatest miniature painters in hinstory seems to have just become redundant. No one talks about him anymore.

I dont think he works for gw any more.

Ohman
13-08-2006, 20:14
Third from the left on the top row seems to be Andy Chambers. The guy with the chainsaw looks a bit like Andy Jones.

Mike McVey worked for Privateer Press, last I heard.

AmasNagol
13-08-2006, 20:26
Yes he was painting and sculpting for privateer press for a while.

But even over there I never heard anyone really bring his name up.

Will his last impression on the gaming world be his Lemartes sculpt? lol

Olith
13-08-2006, 22:55
Privateer Press is a role-playing game and miniature wargame production and publishing studio. Founded in 2000 by Brian Snōddy, Matt Staroscik and Matt Wilson. The company is currently owned by Wilson, Snōddy, and Mike McVey.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privateer_Press

AmasNagol
13-08-2006, 23:04
Ah ok. Thanks for that

Mike moved to the states?

salamandercaptain
14-08-2006, 09:49
Andy C is not creditted anywhere in the book and was probably not involved at studio level at the time of it's publication- though he might have been a troll at this time.

Got three more though-
Rick Priestly is doing the Noel Edmonds impression with a lazpistol- middle bottom R page.

Phil Lewis- Guy with chainsaw

Tony contrell- Top R corner R hand page.

s

Son of the Lion
14-08-2006, 10:47
You're going to struggle sussing out the whole set, since a lot of em haven't worked for GW for a VERY long time.

P.S. I thought I heard a rumour that McVey had done some sculpts for D&D a while back?