PDA

View Full Version : Speculations about new WE

Akuma
20-06-2005, 11:12
Ok the point of this topic is to speculate of the posiible uses of units , magic combos and overal "power" of the army.

We hae good deal of knowledge now and people are not alowed to post any more BUT thay can tell us if our divagations are correct and if it's possible to do so by the book.

Lets start From Magic combos

Alter + Amaranthine Brooch + Armour of the Fey + An annoyance of netlings ->

Greatm movment + 360 charge radius + 3+Word from non-magic and 4+ from magic and in chalenges ( he's designed for them ) only hit on 6s.
\> QUESTION : how many points is that , is it possible , can you squise in something else ( like KB spear :D )

Next one

Hagbeans -> Aree thay realy -> You roll to HIT -> You HIT - THEN it's the T test ( right after hit ) and if it's failed target is dead ??? And if he passes do you get to roll to wound and then the whole normal procedure ???

Next One

Can Treeman take An annoyance of nettlings ( Treeman lord i mean :D ) - If so can he realy be hit only on 6+ in chalenges :D ???

Next One

Is hunters Talon a bow that can shoot like Hohladn ( ignore targeting restrictions - pick up from a unit and so on )

Next One

Waywatcher Kindred with Pageant of Shrikes - how many points would this cost

Next One

Viable magic list - we don't have one right now

Tancred II von Quenelles
20-06-2005, 11:48
Look at my previous posts.

Akuma
20-06-2005, 14:46
Yeah I've checked them as you said and there are no anwsers to my questions ( yes all 4 pages of you'r posts ). But mayby it's because this questions come from the analise of you'r posted rumors.

Lady's Champion
20-06-2005, 17:00
Remember dude that we can't post points costs on here so don't expect too much

Akuma
20-06-2005, 17:43
Yes i know but I only ask if certain combinations are aveliable :D ( wil it squise in ;) )

Voss
21-06-2005, 06:18
squeeze, laddy, squeeze.

and, actually, you specifically ask about point costs. For the second to last item.

You're Alter kindred challenge seeker? Bad idea. with the alter kindred, you can't join units. So no combat resolution modifiers-> would lose and break fairly easily, which would be bad with the amount of stuff you're trying to pile on.

Akuma
21-06-2005, 10:30
and, actually, you specifically ask about point costs. For the second to last item

Good God ... I'm asking will specific items added together cost under 100 points ... not what are specific prices ... how it's legal to posts certain stats - cost of a drayd and not to say if 3 items come under 100 points :wtf:

And I ask about point's cost in 2 questions out of 6 - so either you can't read or you can't count ... :rolleyes:

You're Alter kindred challenge seeker? Bad idea. with the alter kindred, you can't join units. So no combat resolution modifiers-> would lose and break fairly easily, which would be bad with the amount of stuff you're trying to pile on

Alter - 9m nearly impossible to kill in chalange + unit of wild riders with war banner 9m also hit the flank alter makes sure that enemy char doesnt score much in chalnge ( he positions himself to be in btb ) Expensive but efficient way to deal with things like big cavalry units ( 9 - 12 )

And if you charge you can always postion yourslef so one of your models is only corner to corner - leaving space for alter to charge -

Thous if you don't want to post something usefull don't posta at all - spaming isn't waht Portent ( umm Warseer ) is all about

warsmith
21-06-2005, 13:03
Alter can not be general, can not join unit and elves can not join FS also..

PARTYCHICORITA
21-06-2005, 13:37
i still wonder if elves can combien magical bows and arrows(i know HoD arrow can't be combined but what about the others?)

Zeb
21-06-2005, 14:01
It's been answered before; and it's still:

yes.....

warsmith
21-06-2005, 15:32
magical bows and arrows -->it can
(i know HoD arrow can't be combined but what about the others?)
no other effect

PARTYCHICORITA
21-06-2005, 18:12
so i can use the Bow of loren to get 4-6(with the right stuff) shots that ignore armor saves?
cool

Akuma
21-06-2005, 18:53
I would say that perspective of Treeman Lord that can olny be hit on 6 in chalenges hes extra d6 attacks ( s2 and poison ) and extra d6 stand and shoot shots is rather more scary :D .

BUT NOONE anwsered if it can be done ( Ie can Annoyance of netling be given to a treeman lord )

And Howks Talon + Hagbanes would be very good but only if it's after to hit roll and not after to wound roll :/

Squirrel
21-06-2005, 18:55
BUT NOONE anwsered if it can be done ( Ie can Annoyance of netling be given to a treeman lord )

Yes annoyance of netlings can be given to a Treeman Lord...they can take 100pts worth of spirits.

Thundergod
21-06-2005, 20:51
With regard to combining magic arrows and bows- are the arrows classified as something other than magic weapons? Unless they are or there is a Welvis specific clause, it would seem to go against the "one magic weapon only" rule.
But what do i know, I am still 5-7 days away from a preview copy of the book.
TG

Squirrel
21-06-2005, 20:54
...it would seem to go against the "one magic weapon only" rule...
TG

They are enchanted items...but we don't know if we will be able to mix them need to see the book...

Brucey...

karneambara
22-06-2005, 12:29
can someone post/repost the number of attacks the treemen get?

as i understand it they loose treewhack but their points go up...
so basically if they retain the crappy four attacks they have under old ruleset then it screws me over.

Akuma
22-06-2005, 14:34
Yes annoyance of netlings can be given to a Treeman Lord...they can take 100pts worth of spirits

Yeah great - talk about overpowerd :/

Xxcha
22-06-2005, 18:31
I think tyhat there number has gone up to the same as a dragons.

malisteen
22-06-2005, 21:53
Can treemen lords even fight in challanges? Can Shaggoths or Greater Daemons do so?

Akuma
23-06-2005, 07:18
Lord shagoth can - it's a character and Greater Deamon also - Lord T has 5 attacks but got one point higher in S ;) and i think both his strangle root spell and the let's move the forest are bound's not only the second one :D -oh and he's mighty expensive and if i got everything right brenchwraith is very good to same ws as tree lods of attacks ( only one less then tree ;) ) and great I :D

Galonthar
23-06-2005, 07:20
Can treemen lords even fight in challanges?

LETS SQUISH THOSE GOBBO WARBOSSES :skull: !!
(allthough its allmost a waste to throw a treeman at that, 1 ******* hero will be enough (*fear elves* :evilgrin: )

Akuma
23-06-2005, 08:41
the problem is that treeman is in fact - aginst all defensive army just USLESS - every army that can counter attack and doesn';t have to speed thowards you will just stand beck and kill him with 5m he can do table in 3 turns and avarge tournament games least 6 :D 3 tyurns to make 28X ;) points get beck - no chance dude :D

Maese Crochets
25-06-2005, 11:48
Alter + Amaranthine Brooch + Armour of the Fey + An annoyance of netlings ->

Greatm movment + 360 charge radius + 3+Word from non-magic and 4+ from magic and in chalenges ( he's designed for them ) only hit on 6s.
\> QUESTION : how many points is that , is it possible , can you squise in something else ( like KB spear :D )

AFAIK if you chose the the Amaranthine Brooch,an Annoyance of netlings and the KB spear you would be able to choose only an enchanted shield in addition...

Maese Crochets
25-06-2005, 12:11
What about a lord with great weapon,amber pendant,a murder of spites and the Elynett's brooch in a ethernal guard unit with the banner of midwinter?
That is: WS7 S6 always-strikes-first lord (with 4 attacks),D6 magic, poisoned S2 attacks (that also strike first) in a stubborn unit that can repeat all failed Ld10 tests,and that could be unbreakable one turn... just in case.

Xenageo
26-06-2005, 22:23
Elynett's brooch is psychology, not LD -- so again, this'd not be possible.

and yes, treemen lords can fight in challenges.

g0ddy
12-07-2005, 22:29
Ill point something out, the bow of "picking your target" cannot use this ability while firing magic arrows (very popular combo with hagbane = not legal), and also hail of doom arrow cannot be fired from a magical bow. All other combinations of magic bows/arrows are fine. (arrows are enchanted items)

If this is giving out too much info someone tell me quickly and ill edit it.

- g0ddy

Arthion
12-07-2005, 23:09
Hail of doom can be fired from a magic bow. The bow just looses it's magic for that turn :).

proximity
13-07-2005, 03:16
Hail of doom can be fired from a magic bow. The bow just looses it's magic for that turn :).

My interpretation of the rule would be much the same.. to elaborate further, if you had the bow of loren and a hail of doom arrow, as well as other arrows - you could fire the hail of doom arrow only in that one turn (thus one shot, using your bow of loren as a normal bow for that turn) - OR fire 4 (attacks) shots of some other magic arrow (eg hagbane).. but you could NOT fire a hail of doom arrow as a normal bow for 1A, and then shoot 3 hagbanes with the other 3A.

Zeb
13-07-2005, 07:43
But can you have other magical arrows, when you have Hail of Doom arrow? Arn't all magical arrows Enchanted items???

Akuma
13-07-2005, 09:54
yes it does

Thalys
13-07-2005, 12:59
Since you can only get 1 enchanted item, you can only get 1 magic arrow(s), so no hagbane and hod arrow together... too bad :-(