PDA

View Full Version : WE Noble on Horse !!!!!!!!!!!

Kroq
21-06-2005, 15:46
http://www.games-workshop.es/warhammer/elfos_silvanos/

Starts like the other pic slideshow but the gallery has mounted noble [ looks a little chaotic to me ] , a painted Drycha and some of the others we've seen at different angles

thrawn
21-06-2005, 15:48
nice. thanks.

Crube
21-06-2005, 15:54
Hmmm - definitely Chaosy. i can see quite a few Wood Elf models being the basis of Chaos conversions.

Not too impressed with Drycha, but I like the Flash intro. I'm especially likingthe image of a Dryad with a skeleton caught in its hair / branches / whatever

Thanks Kroq

malisteen
21-06-2005, 16:27
Love drycha. The mounted noble is pretty good.

Zeb
21-06-2005, 16:38
That model could probably be made/painted into a Druchii as well! Sign me up for a couple.

Squirrel
21-06-2005, 17:13
I think that the models are great...

I think the onted lord however is best suited to a champion of the wildriders or WildeRider kindred Lord not just a normal mounted lord...I mean look at his horned horse :wtf:

Brucey...

PARTYCHICORITA
21-06-2005, 18:11
the noble i love, very cool mini, the drycha is creepy as hell(unless u like noseless oldies with big nipples) that thing should cause terror, panic and stupidity...
I also just realise i like my old waywtchers better.

Xxcha
21-06-2005, 18:19
dont suppose someone could post a link to the actual gallery. For some reason i cant access it.

Neknoh
21-06-2005, 18:32
Looks like they have redone the classic Archaon, doesn't it?

fracas
21-06-2005, 18:36
dont suppose someone could post a link to the actual gallery. For some reason i cant access it.
try this
http://www.games-workshop.es/warhammer/elfos_silvanos/popup/preview01.asp

Xxcha
21-06-2005, 18:38
Chears, i agree that he looks chaotic, but i still believe that its a great model.

Galonthar
21-06-2005, 19:30
OK THEN!! :wtf:

so that lord is supposed to be a WOODIE?!?!?!?! :eek:

it looks nice,.... for a chaos knight,.. or something with a similar heavyness

I looove his spear though (it looks kinda ornate,... but still woodie )

Drycha (is she special??, I heard something about a humie hating special dryad. :confused: ) look creepy, with a high "look!, I`m gonna be your doom", factor... the way she`s meant to be :p

my eyes are becoming used to the waywatchers more and more now,... and I`m staring to see some potential in `em

Cypher
21-06-2005, 19:37
The problem with the mounted lord is the helmet: that's a chaos helm in anyone's book. If he had a bare head it'd look much better.

Still loving that lord on foot with the big sword thing.

Sylass
21-06-2005, 19:39
Nice. Is it just me or does Drycha look completele different to the other Dryads? She looks like a Deamonette that got converted into a Dryad...is something like that part of her background (FLUFF!) or something?

Xxcha
21-06-2005, 19:44
It was metioned in some of the background that they are normally in a human looking state. Changing into the tree state when they go to battle. I believe it is supposed to be in mid change!

Lord Setra
21-06-2005, 19:49
Wow that mounted Lord really is very nice.

Ordered my boxed set today so not got long to wait.

Gazak Blacktoof
21-06-2005, 19:49
Not too sure about Drycha, the model might be too different from the rank and file dryads for my tastes.

The noble (http://www.games-workshop.es/warhammer/elfos_silvanos/popup/preview02.asp) is deffinately a dark elf in disguise. Compare that helmet he's wearing to the ones the black guard (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060212044&orignav=13) are wearing the similarities are unmistakeable.

Squirrel
21-06-2005, 20:40
Yeah see what you mean...Well WE are now supposed to be amix of HE and DE not friendly but not Evil...

Guess that noble comes from the not friendly camp... :p

Jen Kollic
21-06-2005, 22:37
...he's not on a Great Stag! *cries* Ah well, fingers crossed for a Forgeworld release then.

And that guy is a bit too armoured (for a woodie anyway) for my taste. Plus his headgear looks a bit Slann-ish to me...

Lady Melisandre
22-06-2005, 07:29
Yeah see what you mean...Well WE are now supposed to be amix of HE and DE not friendly but not Evil...

Guess that noble comes from the not friendly camp... :p

Wood Elves are finally an army in their own right, not a mix of High Elves & Dark Elves. It's past time they had their "own look" and so far I love most of what I've seen. Wild, feral, barbaric, dangerous and NOT friendly, they don't look like the noble HEs and could almost be as nasty as the DEs. ;)

Stay out of the woods, kiddies, and watch out, Beastmen. The Wood Elves are coming and you don't want to be there when they arrive.

Hurry-up-August-I-want-this-army.

Galonthar
22-06-2005, 12:31
Not too sure about Drycha, the model might be too different from the rank and file dryads for my tastes.

The noble (http://www.games-workshop.es/warhammer/elfos_silvanos/popup/preview02.asp) is deffinately a dark elf in disguise. Compare that helmet he's wearing to the ones the black guard (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060212044&orignav=13) are wearing the similarities are unmistakeable.

well... only 1 prob then...

where did the horns come from???

and it fits too a DE, but not to a WE

enterfaith
22-06-2005, 13:20
I don't like that mini. It's very bad in comparison to the rest of the figures in the range. I want to know why they got the name of the way watcher hero wrong, they've got it labelled as a noble...
P.S. Hey, I'm new here.

risK
22-06-2005, 13:53
well... only 1 prob then...

where did the horns come from???

and it fits too a DE, but not to a WE

Dead Beastmen?

Neknoh
22-06-2005, 14:10
I want to know why they got the name of the way watcher hero wrong, they've got it labelled as a noble...
P.S. Hey, I'm new here.

Well... actually, the Waywatcher Lord is indeed a Wood Elf Noble with the Waywatcher Kindred, so, he is a Noble.

As for you being new here, good on you, I hope you will enjoy this forum and the wonderfull hobby of Wargaming

ghost21
22-06-2005, 17:09
id like to see the back of the model (see if has a bow etc )
but it does seem a bit too chaosy

Neknoh
22-06-2005, 17:31
Classic Archaon (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0201007&orignav=301116) and Noble (http://www.games-workshop.es/warhammer/elfos_silvanos/popup/preview02.asp) anyone see the similarity?

Auzu
22-06-2005, 17:57
No?

Asdfasdf

Squirrel
22-06-2005, 18:05
I didn't mean that they were actually a mix of HE and DE just their temprament...

They are neutral not too nice and haughty like HE but definately not too nasty and self involved like the DE...Unless of course you enter their woods un-invited and take a blowtorch then your just asking for trouble... :p

Brucey...

Xxcha
22-06-2005, 18:27
The head on the horse is the same as the wild riders, maybe this model is supposeed to represent that kindred.

Inquis. Jaeger
22-06-2005, 19:23
Very cool. Cheers.

samw
22-06-2005, 23:44
Wow, someone in Loren finally gets that most rare and elusive piece of technology...the shield!

adreal
23-06-2005, 03:43
meh I hate the model, the rider is static but the horse is....supposed to be moving but it looks like it want to do a forward roll....well I think it's the most stupidest model of the wood elf range....well maybe not as much as the lictor i mean the treeman

Delicious Soy
23-06-2005, 03:56
I'd like it, if his head wasn't coming out of his chest, Old Chaos warriors have better posture.

Galonthar
23-06-2005, 07:13
what do you guys think about converting it?

for its only the *helmet* which makes the model crap (as far as I`m comcerned),

maybe its possible to remove the head (*CHOP* :evilgrin: ) and put a new (GG or GL) head on it

Killgore
23-06-2005, 10:46
I don't really like the Mounted noble..... But the hero/ lord choice on foot with that huge sword looks great! I want that model so I can make his sword look really sparklie and magical.

Kul
23-06-2005, 11:25
hehe :p
the on fot guys' really great, yea..

on the noble: he's wearing to much equipment/armour IMO..
he almost looks like a chaos lord :wtf:

Brandir
23-06-2005, 12:09
Not so sure about the mounted noble. The model is a bit static looking and rather chaos looking too.

I'm pretty sure that I shall be painting my Wood Elves in slightly darker greens - some of the preview pictures look far too bright for my liking.

Galonthar
23-06-2005, 13:37
Not so sure about the mounted noble. The model is a bit static looking and rather chaos looking too.

I'm pretty sure that I shall be painting my Wood Elves in slightly darker greens - some of the preview pictures look far too bright for my liking.

heh...

I`ve allways painted my woodies dark,... like some deep-forest guard,.. not just those faar too quty glades

Wimvh
23-06-2005, 14:03
Cool! Does anyone out there have the same feeling they are updating the look of their Elves.

I absolutely adore the new models!

Jedi152
24-06-2005, 07:48
Bah. too heavily armoured for a wood elf.

Jedi no like.