PDA

View Full Version : Where do the gun turrets on an ork battle fortress go?

StormKnight
23-08-2006, 16:02
Bit of an odd question I guess!
I just picked up one of the battle fortress models go, and its got 4 gun turrets; two with a round piece to attack to the model, and 2 on squarish stands.
I just can't seem to find any place on the model where these things would logically go!
I guess the round turrets might fit on top of the turrets already on the front of the model, but that looks a bit odd.
Looking at the picture of the model on the GW page, I can't really spot the extra turrets at all.

Do these have a place to go? Are they stray bits for customizing your fortress in an appropriately orky way? Help!

nealhunt
24-08-2006, 13:32
Sounds like you got extra bits.

The Gunforts have 2 round turrets near the front and 1-2 dorsal mount pieces (depending on the exact mini) that fit along the centerline in the rear. The turrets up front have round pegs and the dorsal mounts have square.

MordrekDaMean
24-08-2006, 20:31
If its the battle fortress with the empty space for "da boyz" in the back then I think the peices he's talking about are the box bottom turrets with an ork with a big shoota on them. I just stuck mine wherever they could fit... on the inside corner of the "bed" of the battle fortress.

StormKnight
24-08-2006, 22:59
Thanks for the opinions - I wound up putting the square turrets on the inside "flatbed" part of the fortress facing out the sides. The circular turrets are just in the bit box for now.