PDA

View Full Version : hard wired shield generator?

Unforgiven
21-06-2005, 21:23
I assume most of you are aware of the tau special character aun'shi. It says in his equipment that he has a hard wired shield generator. I was wondering if normal tau etherials can have them?

(sorry about spelling)

Son of Morkai
21-06-2005, 21:26
Not currently.

Shinzui
21-06-2005, 21:26
No they can't

Edit: Awww beaten to it

Puffin Magician
21-06-2005, 22:31
Although, as you're probably aware, nothing stops them from taking a Hardwired Drone Controller and two Shield Drones... which may be even better as you can still fail two 4+ invunlerable saves before the Ethereal can take any damage at all.

PS: Be wary of Psycannons and Incinerators... :(

Inquisitor Maul
21-06-2005, 22:34
Although, as you're probably aware, nothing stops them from taking a Hardwired Drone Controller and two Shield Drones... which may be even better as you can still fail two 4+ invunlerable saves before the Ethereal can take any damage at all.

Bring in them incinerators and cleanse the alien filth :evilgrin:

EmperorsChamp01
22-06-2005, 00:31
I just get them in HtH with a dread and it kills them right up. Cheezy tau

Unforgiven
22-06-2005, 22:39
thanks for clearing that up guys

sigur
22-06-2005, 22:40
I just get them in HtH with a dread and it kills them right up. Cheezy tau

Seems like someone lost to Tau a few times within the last weeks? ;)

Unforgiven
22-06-2005, 22:45
not surprised (but i also play DA so it must have been ultra marines or summat)

Warlord Gnashgrod
23-06-2005, 07:27

Having the drpnes isn't better at all. Because then the ethereal has a retinue, and can then be targeted for shooting. He would no longer be considered an IC. Drones count toward unit strength of a unit, and if you lose them to shooting, you have to take a morale check for 25% unit casualties. drones are more than just mundane wargear.

Puffin Magician
23-06-2005, 10:44
Well the alternative is having no save at all, so I know I'd rather have some Shield Drones around, and Morale Checks? He's Ld10.

Warlord Gnashgrod
23-06-2005, 19:19
Well the alternative is having no save at all, so I know I'd rather have some Shield Drones around, and Morale Checks? He's Ld10.

Yes, he'll have no saves then, but he'll be an IC, so can only be shot at if he's the closest target the enemy can see, period. The Ethereal should stay far in the back, where he's safe anyway. Frankly, he shouldn't even be on the battlefield. A reroll on all morale checks in nice, but it's just not worth it. Now if he would allow Tau units to reroll all LD based tests, that would be better. I don't know about anyone else, but the base LD 8 all around has made it difficult sometimes to pass important target priority tests. Being able to reroll these would be very valuable.