PDA

View Full Version : sneaky tactic

therisnosaurus
23-06-2005, 15:03
I'm advance ordering the WE army box from the UK and I live in australia, where the army box doesn't come out till the end of august and the rest untill september. now, since I'll get the box early august, I'm thinking of painting up 500 points for a doubles tourney in late august. before even the army box is out in australia. Now, I have the book, I have the models. But the army isn't officialy released yet. Is it legal?

Archaon
23-06-2005, 15:41
Uhm..why shouldn't it be? It's an official Army by GW, has an official rulebook and is legally obtained by you.

The only thing you should check is if the tournament organisation is cool with that since no one it seems had a chance to take a peek in the rulebook.

Unforgiven
23-06-2005, 16:53
yeah, everything is official, there is not reason why you should be disalowed.

scatterlaser
24-06-2005, 07:30
It depends on the tournament. I've seen a lot of them that put a date on what rules can be used (ie "anything released before 30/6/2005"). I guess it's to give everybody participating a chance to get a look at any new army books before the tournament. Even if the tournament dosn't state an explicit date, I'd check with whoever's organising it to prevent any surprises on the day.

Gabacho Mk.II
27-06-2005, 09:34
I can see how gaming with this army before the official release of the armybook can be seen as 'cheating' by some. I would prefer to have a readily accessible armybook to look up stats and abilities, rather than rely on my opponent and his memory when it comes to special rules and other associated effects.

However, I do agree that once a person gets their hands on an armybook [such as in this example through a pre-order], they should then be allowed to use the armybook whenever possible. [within the confines of any existing tournament or campaign rules]

PBGhost
27-06-2005, 11:00
You'd have a huge advantage over people who have no idea what the new WE can do though.

lorelorn
27-06-2005, 11:39
I'm advance ordering the WE army box from the UK and I live in australia, where the army box doesn't come out till the end of august and the rest untill september. now, since I'll get the box early august, I'm thinking of painting up 500 points for a doubles tourney in late august. before even the army box is out in australia. Now, I have the book, I have the models. But the army isn't officialy released yet. Is it legal?

Ask your tourament organiser. I would expect that as long as they can read the rules ot check your list, it will be ok, but check.

A TO does not have to allow anything, not matter how 'legal' or 'official'. So be nice, and give them early warning.