PDA

View Full Version : The new IG command staff and Relic

Lady's Champion
23-06-2005, 20:25
Hey guys- for the lot who didn't know the reason for the bew IG cadian hq rules next White Dwarf is cos they are in the dawn of war expansion, winter assault- so something to look out for is lightning claws and possibly a wrist mounted plasma weapon (both featured in Winter Assault)

Brimstone
23-06-2005, 20:31
Well we've had advice from a playtester that the two aren't the same but we'll have to wait and see what the next WD brings.

Lady's Champion
23-06-2005, 20:37
Well, the playtester is more likely to be right i guess, but twas gw who sed about the link so who knows (no it wasn a redshirt it was an unnamed design team member)

Brimstone
23-06-2005, 20:50
While I trust him he may be trying to throw us off the scent. ;) The IG leader is supposed to be some form of Cadian commander and retinue but we'll have to wait and see exactly what they will be.

As a Tyranid player I'd love to see a expensive IG HQ unit trying to get into HtH combat with me :evilgrin:

Cypher
23-06-2005, 22:39
As a guard player the thought of an officer with lightning claws is rather funny to tell the truth. :D

From what's been said, the new stuff in the next WD is an HQ unit, not an IC. So I dont think they're the same. Id expect the DoW tie-in when Winter Assault is released.

Barbarossa
24-06-2005, 06:04
Germany has the rules already. No lightning claws, no wrist-mounted plasma weapon. The high commander is a HSO with an additional point of LD and has a retinue of 4-11 guys. He HAS to have at least a retinue of 4. While his retinue CAN be tooled to do some damage in CC (can take combat servitors), it performs much better in a support role, granting several boni to the army.

Lady's Champion
24-06-2005, 06:35
Well that's a stick in the spokes for my post!

BrotherCaptainS
24-06-2005, 07:25
Germany has the rules already. No lightning claws, no wrist-mounted plasma weapon. The high commander is a HSO with an additional point of LD and has a retinue of 4-11 guys. He HAS to have at least a retinue of 4. While his retinue CAN be tooled to do some damage in CC (can take combat servitors), it performs much better in a support role, granting several boni to the army.

So is this guy cadians only or does he work for all guard?

Cypher
24-06-2005, 07:34
To re-affirm what has already been said. It is believed that the rules for a Cadian High Command (or whatever) that are already available in WD in some parts of the world are different to the special model and inevitable rules for the "super character" that will be tied in to Winter Assault.

That's to say, there are two new IG HQ choices expected.

philbrad2
24-06-2005, 12:13
To re-affirm what has already been said. It is believed that the rules for a Cadian High Command (or whatever) that are already available in WD in some parts of the world are different to the special model and inevitable rules for the "super character" that will be tied in to Winter Assault.

That's to say, there are two new IG HQ choices expected.

This is of course the shiney new IG Commander who gets a whooping by a Bezerker sqaud in the DoW:WA trailer... think I'll pass :D

:chrome:

Axel
24-06-2005, 14:28
So is this guy cadians only or does he work for all guard?

It is official for the Cadian campaign featured in the WD only, any other use needs opponents consent. I assume that if your opponent agrees, he will work for all types of guard...

With MW 10 the vox would finally make sense...

Typically the Thousand Son HQ option is a free for all Chaos armies.

warlordgrubnatz
25-06-2005, 18:43
acording to uk 307 the hq model will be cadian high commander.