PDA

View Full Version : New BT Chaplain!

stahly
25-06-2005, 17:59
http://img223.echo.cx/img223/7953/photo0391ls.jpg

This scan comes from the French WD and no, I don't have pictures from the ervitor who stands left of him.

Brimstone
25-06-2005, 18:08
I wonder if this a regular Chaplain or Grimaldus the new BT special Character.

Avian
25-06-2005, 18:10
I wonder what that thing beside him is.

I like this one, it has none of the faults of the other model, apart from still not having a skull helmet. Don't chaplains have any standards these days?

"Grimaldus" sounds like a hunchbacked circus performer. :p

dienekes96
25-06-2005, 18:22
I'd assume it's Grimaldus, based on the copious BT sigils all over him. I wonder if some of his servitors are next to him, out of frame :( I'd like to see them, as well.

I like it... but I don't love it.

Thanks for sharing,
Chuck

Jonathan =I=
25-06-2005, 18:26
Its better then the other one but doesent make me go wow.

I like the bottom of his Cronies Arceriam (I have no idea of the spelling. Will edit if correct name is provided)

plasmadaemon
25-06-2005, 18:26
much better than the 'old' new one, but i still think it lacks a punch.

it's like he's saying: "wow! look at me! i'm a big sm and i'm posing angrily at you!"

x-esiv-4c
25-06-2005, 18:34
That is a huge improvement! I love the way the scriptures cascade down the armour, it's a lot like the one in the SM codex ( the illustration )

Asher
25-06-2005, 18:54
Bought!

Funny that, despite being the most faithfull chapter, the black templars look damn chaotic.

t-tauri
25-06-2005, 19:06
Hmm.. crozius pose is very like the Space Wolf Sternhammer's crozius/hammer. I don't like the trailing tabard with his litanies/seals down in the dust. Better than the sneak peek statue but still doesn't fill me with huge enthusiasm.

And the question really needs to be asked: why does this man apparently have a toilet roll hung around his neck?

What does the French text half visible on the right say? And what's on his left? Inquiring minds need to know.

Brimstone
25-06-2005, 19:28
And what's on his left? Inquiring minds need to know.

Probably one of his servitors carrying a relic. ;)

Duymon
25-06-2005, 20:51
nice looking model. Just wondering how this guy will walk without tripping on all that stuff hanging off of him.. then again the other chappy had the same problem.

They are going the wrong direction with the chappies imho. Need to make them cleaner, at least as clean as the new Cassius fig. How are chappies suppossed to run around and whack stuff if they have to deal with all that bling? :P I'll still buy the other chappy and convert him though, just cut out everything except the legs and body and redo the mini with plastics and gs for the tabard for a nice champ or something.

Why the heck do you need a chain for the plasma pistol? It's not like he's going to use it as some sort of sling.. or is he ;0

Thousandth Son
25-06-2005, 21:16
Not a bad model by anymeans, and compared to the other new chaplain this is a masterpiece. :rolleyes:

Probably manage to rework it to fit my Pre-Heresy stuff. :evilgrin:

Lord Setra
25-06-2005, 21:20
Wow that is really nice, much better than the other chaplain who is floating about just now.

mattjgilbert
25-06-2005, 21:34
How are chappies suppossed to run around and whack stuff if they have to deal with all that bling? :P
bling lol I like it. Holy Bling. You've started a whole new conversion craze...

Why the heck do you need a chain for the plasma pistol? It's not like he's going to use it as some sort of sling.. or is he ;0
Maybe it's like a bike chain. You know, so he can lock it up when he goes out.

A vast improvement on Reverend Static (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4868&page=1) but still not got that magic something. Might just be the quality of the pic or the paint scheme but something dates this figure back to the 2nd Ed era.

Black DH templ.
26-06-2005, 00:07
I think robe lacks a bit of detail. It could be due to the paintjob though. I can't really judge him before I see him "in person", but for now I'm not that impressed.

Nid
26-06-2005, 00:13
Robe is too long or the legs are GRIEVOUSLY too short.

Nazerth
26-06-2005, 00:22
I've gotta agree with Nid here. Unless he's doing some sort of squatting exercise that we can't see due to the angle, those legs are way out of proportion compared to the body... well, more out of proportion than the average marine's.

That aside, it's a pretty good sculpt. Better than the other chaplain we've seen thus far...

philbrad2
26-06-2005, 00:27
Now THAT is a chaplain !

:chrome:

Malakai
26-06-2005, 00:31
I think our standards have gotten high indeed if people don't look at this model and say...wow. I love the old MK6 breast plate armour. Also this seems to be the first visual confirmation of the BT all having their weapons chained to their arms.

Damn the Templars..where's my beloved Dark Angels? :cries:

Malakai

Rabid Bunny 666
26-06-2005, 00:32
me likey

it is on par with Jes' ones IMHO

Black DH templ.
26-06-2005, 00:33
I think all the details are too big, and makes him look cluttered. Had the chain and all the templar symbols been less prominent he would have looked natural and cool. Now he just looks ok.

philbrad2
26-06-2005, 00:46
Can I ask where this came from? Looks like a WD photo to me.

I wonder what that thing beside him is.

I'm with BRIM looks like the stump of a icon/banner pole, could well be this is Grumbleduke of whatever his name is that BRIM mentions in his BT rumour thread (http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4888&page=1&pp=10)

:chrome:

theluckyleprechaun
26-06-2005, 00:47
Its in the Uk sneak peek section.

Edit: Damn, nevermind, I thought I was in the conversation about the other one... better check next time...

philbrad2
26-06-2005, 00:51
Its in the Uk sneak peek section.

No he's not, not this Chaplain.

This is the UK Sneak Peek guy ... *cue another Sideshow Bob style UGGGHHHH*

http://www.retribution40k.net/chappy.jpg

This one is definitely from a magazine scan. French WD or a French GW publication judging text to his right.

Alpharius
26-06-2005, 01:04
What is with this disturbing new "thick haft" trend?

I mean, I understand that some of it is probably due to wanting increased strength/model durability, but, couldn't they at least try to not sculpt it as appearing that thick?

If nothing else, give everyone freakishly long fingers! Close that fist! Hold that weapon securely!

And at least this one's got a somewhat skull-like/fear inducing helmet...

Sorry...

New Cult King
26-06-2005, 01:50
What is up with the legs on this new breed of power armoured marines?

Apart from his little stumpy trashcan legs, I like him. I also agree he needs a skull helmet.

grizzly ruin
26-06-2005, 02:00
This one is much better than the other one.

However I do agree with the following summarized comments.

1) Needs a skull helmet, or no helmet at all.

2) Robe too LOOOONG. :eyebrows:

3) I like the chain on the plasma pistol, I don't like that it's 2 meters long apparently.

4) Weapon shaft way too thick.

EmperorsChamp01
26-06-2005, 02:04
Well guys you got to remember that they are making 40k for 10 -12 years olds and they want it to be as safe as possible. I didnt know that chappys can have Servitors

just
26-06-2005, 02:39
bling lol I like it. Holy Bling. You've started a whole new conversion craze...

Excuse me?

x-esiv-4c
26-06-2005, 02:48
What is with this disturbing new "thick haft" trend?

I was wondering the same thing, there is chunky but this is getting obese. It doesn't look right. It disrupts the scaling.

self biased
26-06-2005, 06:49
not shabby. at least he's wearing black like a proper chaplain. all too many times i've seen so many chaplains painted by overzealous fellows in "non-standard" colors. usually they look like ass.

Insane Psychopath
26-06-2005, 08:06
Right I thing I'll start my 4th Templar army now & not bother with Legion of the Damned.

Is that not for a White Dwarf???? just I see a topic about it on Bolter & Chiansowerds

People are saying about Skull Helment... could easly paint the face plate (sp) with bone colour, well that what I'll be doing for him as well as give him a Bolt Pistol.

stahly
26-06-2005, 08:34
Yes, the picture is from the french WD.

Brimstone
26-06-2005, 08:51
So is there a shot of the servitor to the left of him?

Lord Setra
26-06-2005, 09:45
I think so, and it looks like it is carrying some large piece of masonary:wtf:

plasmadaemon
26-06-2005, 09:57
burnt masonary :p

i really like bling-bling chaplains, i even convereted my chaplain on bike to have chaos legs with all the arows shaven off.

btw are there any french people here with the french WD? can you tell us what new stuff is there?

Brimstone
26-06-2005, 10:28
Guy's I am led to believe that this is not just a common Chaplain but he is one of the special characters for the new range.

As I said on the first page it's most probably Chaplain Grimaldus a SC.

If my assumptions are correct then that could be a bodyguard of some kind. Arbites or Sword Bretherin?

It's most probably one of his three Cenobyte Servitors that carry the last surviving relics of Hive Helsreach’s Temple of the Emperor Ascendant into battle.

Brizzle
26-06-2005, 10:29
He looks too Black Templary to be anything but a BT special character.

Nazguire
26-06-2005, 10:35
As I said on the first page it's most probably Chaplain Grimaldus a SC.

It's most probably one of his three Cenobyte Servitors that carry the last surviving relics of Hive Helsreach’s Temple of the Emperor Ascendant into battle.

The what in the what of the what now way?

Brimstone
26-06-2005, 10:37
Try reading the BT rumours thread ;)

Nazguire
26-06-2005, 10:50
Try reading the BT rumours thread ;)

Done and I'm still going...what in the what now way?

So he's an uber Chaplain of the Uber kind, and he has a servitor carrying a mangled brick....info on him background or rules wise?

The boyz
26-06-2005, 11:47
That looks well good. I like his plasma pistol.

Black DH templ.
26-06-2005, 13:07
Sadly, I find that this guy looks uglier by the minute, versus the other new one which is actually growing on me (it just needs a slight pose alteration, too bad it looks to be all metal).

EmperorsChamp01
26-06-2005, 13:13
Ive read the Bt Rumor pages back to front and i still dont understand How does a Chappy have Servitors? and what are they carringing? can anyone share with lost BT player?

theluckyleprechaun
26-06-2005, 13:37
No he's not, not this Chaplain.

This is the UK Sneak Peek guy ... *cue another Sideshow Bob style UGGGHHHH*

This one is definitely from a magazine scan. French WD or a French GW publication judging text to his right.

Man, i've already corrected myself in the post, theres no need to rub in my error.

Brimstone
26-06-2005, 14:27
Ive read the Bt Rumor pages back to front and i still dont understand How does a Chappy have Servitors?

I'm talking about this thread (http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4888) in which I said BT Chaplains now have augmented servitors, they assist the Chaplain in maintaining the sanctity of Chapels aboard the crusade fleets.

and what are they carringing? can anyone share with lost BT player?

As I said earlier probably the last surviving holy relics of Hive Helsreach’s Temple of the Emperor Ascendant.

LimeLord
26-06-2005, 15:34
well, i dunno what you would need a zealotous servitor for, i mean you got a whole chapter of over exited monks to take care of the chapels, why bother using servitors,

Brizzle
26-06-2005, 16:09
Those over excited monks are too busy fighting or preparing to fight. After all, the BTs don't do anything else. Anyway, I think the chappy having servitors is cool and original. It just sets the Templars even more apart.

boogle
26-06-2005, 18:04
Any Idea on the other speical Characters?

just
26-06-2005, 22:00
After all, the BTs don't do anything else.

Thats not true. They play football aswell. (Not the american type).

Brizzle
27-06-2005, 03:32
There are strong rumors of there being the Grand High Marshall or something like that in the new codex. Anyone know his name?

Son of Morkai
27-06-2005, 04:38
Helbrecht.

Malakai
27-06-2005, 05:16

They might get hurt if they did ;)

Malakai

boogle
27-06-2005, 07:42
makes sense having High Marshall Helbrect in there

charlie_c67
27-06-2005, 11:40

American football, a contradiction terms if ever there was one. Entertaining fact of the day, the england rugby team went over in the 80's I believe it was and played the best of the best american football players in a game of each type. The rugby players walked over them in both games. Nuff Said.

O/T I'm gonna wait till we see a better pic/the mini before I judge this one. Bit like Cassius etc. it could well be a crap paint job/photo. If not then I've got plenty soaking in simple green...

Avian
27-06-2005, 15:06

I think so, and it looks like it is carrying some large piece of masonary:wtf:

So the last surviving relic of the Temple of etc. etc. is a piece of the wall??? :wtf:

Chuffy
27-06-2005, 15:44
That looks utterly stupid, his arms look way to big and his weapon way too short.

I actually much prefer the new Chaplain (in sneak peeks) to this one.

DigitsDavid
27-06-2005, 17:10
Judging by the angle his lower left leg looks, I'd say he had his knees bent which would explain why his robe is on the ground. I'm not bothered about the size of his crozius (sp) as it's all the bigger for braining his opponents!

A nice figure. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Brimstone
27-06-2005, 17:30
So the last surviving relic of the Temple of etc. etc. is a piece of the wall??? :wtf:

Well there are three servitors in his mandatory retinue they carry three relics, a piece of the column from the major altar, a banner of the Emperor Victorious and blessed water from the Stoup of Elucidation. Together they act as one object and have no individual effect.

Aenarion
27-06-2005, 17:44
His knees do look a bit bent, but they still look out of proportion with the rest of the figure (The calf’s at least). Not keen on the plasma pistol, but the chain effect is good, is that a skull on his backpack?

Great Harlequin
27-06-2005, 18:07
Well there are three servitors in his mandatory retinue they carry three relics, a piece of the column from the major alter, a banner of the Emperor Victorious and blessed water from the Stoup of Elucidation. Together they act as one object and have no individual effect.
I've seen a sketch of one carrying a cross. I remember it because there was some discussion wether it would be seen as blasphemous or not.... :rolleyes:

Brimstone
27-06-2005, 18:13
I've seen a sketch of one carrying a cross. I remember it because there was some discussion wether it would be seen as blasphemous or not.... :rolleyes:

I'd previously heard that as well, it's probably the column from the Altar.

As for if it could be blasphemous or not meh you're pretty sad if you do find it that but some people will get their knickers in a twist about anything just to make a name for themselves.

Great Harlequin
27-06-2005, 18:27
I'd previously heard that as well, it's probably the column from the Altar.
That seems most likely. It looks to be a fantastic mini, which I feel, will be used in alot of Golden Demon entries.

As for if it could be blasphemous or not meh you're pretty sad if you do find it that but some people will get their knickers in a twist about anything just to make a name for themselves.
Yes. However, GW did have to get the figure approved before they could actually cast it up apparently :rolleyes:

Sharky
27-06-2005, 20:04
This miniature says something to me:

It says, "I'm into B&D - chain me up, big boy!"

Or (written on his Crozious), "Will inspire for food!"

Or, "Damn kids! It's bad enough that you toilet-papered my house!!"

oatish
27-06-2005, 20:22
I really like that miniature. It has a less static pose than its new counterpart and looks tough enough to be a Chaplain in one of the toughest chapters around. Then again, I've always had a secret desire to play Black Templars so this codex may be all that I need.

oatish

EmperorsChamp01
28-06-2005, 03:14
From what i hear on Golden Throne is that the Servitors are just SMs.

Brimstone
28-06-2005, 05:00
From what i hear on Golden Throne is that the Servitors are just SMs.

Do you mean they are not sevitors but space marines or that they are space marines that are servitors?

LimeLord
28-06-2005, 05:12
When is hte BT codex coming out?

Brizzle
28-06-2005, 05:24
Do you mean they are not sevitors but space marines or that they are space marines that are servitors?
I've saw that mini painted up at the LA Bunker today. It sure looked like a Servitor, but not like the ones with the techmarine. He has the top of a pillar with an aquilla on it and he is just hefting it.

EmperorsChamp01
28-06-2005, 05:29
Form the look of it Brimstone they are SMs who carry the relics. http://www.golden-throne.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2141 heres a link to the thread. < Now im warning you the GT people like to get off topic so dont get mad if they start to get off topic>

Brimstone
28-06-2005, 05:36
I can't see anything on the thread about marines carrying relics just a post mentioning that servitors are carrying relics

As you can see from Brizzle's post above I'll stick with my original assertion that they are servitors.

EmperorsChamp01
28-06-2005, 05:39
hmmmm ok
We'll just have to wait and see wont we. +cracks Nuckles+

Brimstone
28-06-2005, 05:53
Just to confirm they are Cenobyte servitors - failed Neophytes that assist the Chaplains in maintaining the sanctity of the chapels aboard the Crusade fleet.

Chaplains can take up to three and each has an effect on Righteous Zeal although Grimaldus's ones are different as they carry relics.

hivefleetcarrion
28-06-2005, 07:28
how will taking 3 servitors have different effect on Righteous Zeal? something like deamon-hunters/witch-hunters retinues that 1 model does this, if you take 2 then this happens ect?

EmperorsChamp01
28-06-2005, 07:32
How do you know this Brimstone? hmmm do you have a secret trial run copy of the BT codex *stuffs my Secret Trial run copy of the BT codex in pants* HMMMMMMM?

Alpharius
28-06-2005, 13:00
How do you know this Brimstone? hmmm do you have a secret trial run copy of the BT codex *stuffs my Secret Trial run copy of the BT codex in pants* HMMMMMMM?

Now that's taking your love of BT's a bit too far!

Emperor's Champion indeed! ;)

EmperorsChamp01
28-06-2005, 13:24
I didnt mean it to *ya know * i ment it to be me hiding it from him? Emperors sakes!

Agnostos
28-06-2005, 15:12
his legs seems kinda short though..

Brimstone
28-06-2005, 18:03
How do you know this Brimstone? hmmm do you have a secret trial run copy of the BT codex

It's my job to bring the best rumours on the net to Warseer. :)

amedius
28-06-2005, 21:28
Where did you get that photo?

dienekes96
28-06-2005, 21:35
Forget THAT picture.

Why hasn't anyone taken a photo (or scanned) the same WD and shown off the servitor next to Chaplain Stumpidus. I am much more interested in the servitors than I am the Chaplain.

It's been DAYS ;)

Take care,
Chuck

LimeLord
29-06-2005, 04:06
Mmm servitors, *drool*....
we need pictures, i also am more interested in the nature of the servitors

hivefleetcarrion
29-06-2005, 05:59
though if we were told now then we would have to wait many more months for more good rumors...... from what brimstone has mentioned about them effecting zeal it should be interesting

anyone guessing that rules will include possible extra movement, cover saves or anything else crazy?,

boogle
29-06-2005, 08:25
servitors creating frenzied SM's, sounds interesting

Wiseman
29-06-2005, 08:52
looks like hes saying
"hey look ive got a big fancy stick"

brassangel
30-06-2005, 20:34
It's certainly better than the "Uh oh, somebody glued my feet to the floor..." pose of the vanilla Chaplain.

LimeLord
01-07-2005, 05:47
It's certainly better than the "Uh oh, somebody glued my feet to the floor..." pose of the vanilla Chaplain.

Haha thats hilarious, i'm not a big fan of the vanilla chaplian either. Does anyone know if he comes in nice plastic pieces or is he another hard to convert hunk of metal? Plus is the BT chaplain plastic? I doubt it but i can always hope.... :rolleyes:

Brimstone
01-07-2005, 05:55
Both are metal as will be the stop children crossing Chaplain if he gets a release.

hood_oz
01-07-2005, 06:57
Both are metal as will be the stop children crossing Chaplain if he gets a release.

The lovely lollipop chaplain would be the focus of lovely entries into Golden Demon, he could be standing stopping a rhino at a pedstrian crossing, whilst little rippers cross the road. Awwwwww so cute.

Silly mode will now be turned off.

Nazguire
01-07-2005, 08:23

What do you mean if he gets a release?

Is he too "Safety First" for GW or is he just a teaser or what? :wtf:

boogle
01-07-2005, 09:18
actually looking at him again, he looks like a resculpt of the GD 13th Company Wolf priest, its in vitually the same pose

Nazguire
01-07-2005, 11:18
actually looking at him again, he looks like a resculpt of the GD 13th Company Wolf priest, its in vitually the same pose

The 13th Company one was a bit more dynamic of that one, me thinks you're thinking of Mr. Ulric the Slayer. Assuming you're talking about the road crossing Chaplain...

If not forget I'm talking/typing/ESP'ing

Praetorian
01-07-2005, 11:37
I think we call them crossing guards here ;)
Another good one guys :p :D My sides kinda hurt now- god its late.lol

boogle
01-07-2005, 12:25
its very similar actually, its just the crozius arm had been swapped over

Dante
01-07-2005, 13:07
its very similar actually, its just the crozius arm had been swapped over

Can´t say I agree, the arms and legs are leaned in totally different positions.

Check here (http://www.solegends.com/citle/gd2003wolfpriest.htm)

Nazguire
01-07-2005, 23:56
Can´t say I agree, the arms and legs are leaned in totally different positions.

Check here (http://www.solegends.com/citle/gd2003wolfpriest.htm)

Yeah I agree with Dante, the legs and arms are a lot different to Crossing Guard Chaplain Steve here. :p

boogle
02-07-2005, 08:15
yep, i was wrong on that score