PDA

View Full Version : Adeptus Titanicus Campaign

AT4EVA
20-09-2006, 11:31
I am currently playing an AT campaign with a mate. We are running it as a linked series of battles based on the old AT rules but with some heavy customisation in places.

I am tracking the results and forming a narrative based on events. Would anyone be interested in the narrative being posted on this forum. I will serialise it so it should be quite interesting. You'll be able to follow events as they unfold. I was thinking of posting each episode as a word document in a similar style to GWs Sabbat Worlds Crusade book.

Let me have your comments, ideas and I'll try and work these in.

Cheers,

AT4EVA

orangesm
20-09-2006, 11:50
Yep, always up to hear how a campaign is going.

firestorm40k
20-09-2006, 11:59
Anything to do with any of the incarnations of Epic is extremely welcome with me! :D

Btw, have you thought of mentioning this on EpiComms (http://www.tacticalwargames.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?)? There'll be a lot of interest there! ;)

AT4EVA
20-09-2006, 13:13
Thanks, I'll post there too.

nealhunt
20-09-2006, 17:49
Does the campaign have rules or is it strictly narrative? If you have rules, don't forget to post those as well.

We're just silly for that stuff.

Chaos and Evil
20-09-2006, 18:01
Though don't be surprised if you get five different people writing modifications of your rules within a week or so. :)

AT4EVA
21-09-2006, 12:07
Oh there are rules galore!

We are using the full rules from the original AT game as well as some from Codex Titanicus and various WDs. In addition to that we've worked out a new army campaign system. Its a bit like the old Battle for Armageddon game, i.e. counters being moved round a hex map. When they meet we fight a battle. I'll post the rules for this when I have the time. We use titans (including imperators), knights and one type of tank (Shadowsword with custom rules). Nothing else is allowed, this is strictly massive war machines only!

I'll post the rules, maps etc so everyone knows the context but the narrative will be the main thing. It will be presented without direct reference to specific rules but still describe battle events.

For example "...only a last second side step by the princeps of the Emperor's Hammer prevented the enemy reaver from landing a blow, its powerfist sweeping wide, just missing the warlord's las cannon. In return, the Emperor's Hammer thrust its chain fist through the head of the warlord, sparks flying as it burst apart. Turning as the titan crashed to the ground, the princeps retreated back to the main line to support what remained of the defence around Hill #241..."

This would represent part of a battle in which an army was defending a hill. An enemy reaver charged forward and was engaged by a close combat warlord used to defend against such events. The reaver scored a hit with its powerfist but the warlord has enough experience points to have a re-roll. This was used to force the re-rolling of the powerfist attack. Luckily this missed. Then the warlord hit with its chainfist causing catastrophic damage to the MIUs of the reaver. On the next turn it moved back to defend the line.

There are a lot of custom rules so I'll post them in sections.

AT4EVA

Dwarf Supreme
21-09-2006, 16:41
It really makes me glad to see the Adeptus Titanicus rules still in use. I'm an epic addict because of AT.

malika
21-09-2006, 18:04
Two questions:
-Do you have a background story for your campaign yet?
-Which forces are involved?

AT4EVA
22-09-2006, 12:05
I'm forming a background story at the moment. That will be the first narrative post (after all the rules).

The forces are two forge worlds fighting each other. Basically because the models we had to hand were all imperial titans! In the future I intend to link this campaign to further ones involving tyranids and possibly orks. Or maybe one of the forge worlds could turn to chaos...

AT4EVA
21-03-2007, 20:20
Here is the introduction to the campaign.

The Adipiscor Incident - Introduction (860k PDF) (http://www.stevenjbrown.net/40k/The%20Adipiscor%20Incident%20-%20Introduction.pdf)

S