PDA

View Full Version : Two unreleased Farseers!

Great Harlequin
26-06-2005, 14:25
Salutations,

Thought you might like to see these two unreleased Farseers (http://photobucket.com/albums/a46/Harlie/?action=view&current=P8190090.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=3) acquired by a friend of mine on a bring and buy stall at a wargames show. I think that they may have been made at the same time as the Ulthwe Seer Council Farseers but only two were chosen out of the four (or maybe more?) for the boxed set in the shops.

All the bestest,

Delicious Soy
26-06-2005, 14:43
Why can't GW simply release all four of the variants and save me the effort of converting them. Especiall when they're as decent as these. I really enjoyed painting the Seer Council Farseers, now only Eldrad awaits.

Baggers
26-06-2005, 15:21
They seem familiar, can anyone confirm if they are the same as the two Juan Diaz scuplted as part of his trainee scuplting thing that were seen in the old Portent photo of the week.

The Black Aquila
26-06-2005, 15:29
That really is a pity.. as i've always liked the Eldar Farseer models and those two would be a nice addition to the range. Why would GW actually turn those two from a sculpture into actual models and then not release them?

Brimstone
26-06-2005, 15:51
They seem familiar, can anyone confirm if they are the same as the two Juan Diaz scuplted as part of his trainee scuplting thing that were seen in the old Portent photo of the week.

Don't think so they look more modern than that.

http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/45320729.jpg http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/45320843.jpg

Rabid Bunny 666
26-06-2005, 15:57
prefer the bottom two, the seer councils farseers look too "active" for OAP eldar IMHO

boogle
26-06-2005, 18:18
nice models though, lucky bloke, we may see those in the new Eldar Codex

x-esiv-4c
26-06-2005, 18:21
Have to wonder what else they haven't released.

Rabid Bunny 666
26-06-2005, 18:56
or maybe models kept back, like that limited edition marine hero in the £50 box ;)

and phil kelly had the warlock model (the cool one with the two handed sword) before the skaven were released ayways

Baggers
26-06-2005, 19:59
Your right Brimstone totally different. Thanks mate.

Malakai
27-06-2005, 05:13
The second farseer(one without the helmet) looks awesome. I wonder why the hell they didn't release them? From what I can tell they are the same standard as the ones released in the SC box set.

Malakai

Starchild
27-06-2005, 07:44
I have an unreleased Dark Angels veteran sergeant. He looks just like the one that comes in the Tactical Squad boxed set, except he has a bolt pistol in place of the chainsword, and a power sword in place of the plasma pistol. Also, he wears his hood over his head.

boogle
27-06-2005, 08:23
i have that one as well, he's a very nice model

Malakai
27-06-2005, 09:18
I have an unreleased Dark Angels veteran sergeant. He looks just like the one that comes in the Tactical Squad boxed set, except he has a bolt pistol in place of the chainsword, and a power sword in place of the plasma pistol. Also, he wears his hood over his head.

I'd like to see a pic of that if you have one.

Malakai

Karhedron
27-06-2005, 09:24
There are a fair selection of models that GW haven't released for various resaons. Perhaps the best known was the winged Lahmian vampire from about 5 years ago. This one was nearly released until someone noticed that the wings were so wide they wouldn't fit in the standard blister so it was dropped at the last minute.

Sometimes models are not released because they are not up to quality. Sometimes they simply need 2 and pick the best (in their oppinion) of the 4 available. This appears to be what happened in this case. I seriously hope those models get released at some point as they look really nice.

nurgle_boy
27-06-2005, 09:32
hey, maybe we should have a stikied thread of unreleased minis!

also, those farseers could be being held back untill the new codex.
ya never know...

Sgt John Keel
27-06-2005, 10:57
I'd like to see a pic of that if you have one.

Malakai

http://www.solegends.com/citle/darkangelsgt.htm

/Adrian

boogle
27-06-2005, 16:28
god that paint job was bad

Brimstone
27-06-2005, 18:17
hey, maybe we should have a stikied thread of unreleased minis!.

Nah, Stuff of Legends (http://www.solegends.com/citadel/) already has that covered in the rareties and limited edition sections.

However if we have pictures on Warseer they will be left in the roundup until we know what's happening to them.

I'm not going to put the Farseer's in there as I'm afraid they aren't close up enough to make a good quality picture.

Inquis. Jaeger
28-06-2005, 11:47

That's not an unreleased model - thats the DA sergeant sold at a UK Roadshow a couple of years ago.

boogle
28-06-2005, 12:27
yes but it would be classed as generally unreleased, as not everyone can get access to the model

Starchild
29-06-2005, 22:13
yes but it would be classed as generally unreleased, as not everyone can get access to the model
Right, especially since I live in the U.S., where it's rather difficult to attend U.K. Roadshows!

Orcdom
30-06-2005, 02:31
yea i would love to see the females released.
Steve

Antyrael
02-07-2005, 00:38
Does the 2nd one have a helmet? I can't see one. That one will require a slight bit of converting.

I agree, the seer concil farseers are GREAT, and the one with his sword to the sky looks like he'd make a nice addition.

Antyrael

boogle
02-07-2005, 08:14
no, that model does not have a helmet

Triceron
02-07-2005, 08:45
Not too bad, though I don't see too much difference from the original Farseer models. I'm not too keen on the Eldar HQ models. Why are there new Farseer models coming out anyways?

And was there any news at all of the Autarchs? I heard about these guys a while back, supposed replacements for the Avatar as a hero choice. Were they just a wild rumor?

Orcdom
02-07-2005, 15:03
i hope not, i hope they will be seeing the light of day.
i hope for the ulthwe they will be lifting the mandatory seer council requirement and at least give the option of an avatar with council for the other HQ, would save a few points (plays totally different tho)
Steve

Brimstone
02-07-2005, 15:16
And was there any news at all of the Autarchs? I heard about these guys a while back, supposed replacements for the Avatar as a hero choice. Were they just a wild rumor?

Not really, they are a new command choice in the latest published Epic Eldar list so there has been speculation that it would transfer over to 40K.

It's not without merit IMO but it's really a case of waiting to see what rumours arise once the new Eldar codex gets closer.

Malakai
03-07-2005, 04:00
Not really, they are a new command choice in the latest published Epic Eldar list so there has been speculation that it would transfer over to 40K.

It's not without merit IMO but it's really a case of waiting to see what rumours arise once the new Eldar codex gets closer.

If the Eldar have a choice for an Autarch I would expect it to be something like a Biel-Tan only choice as that is the only craftworld who splits it's rulership cast between the psychers/farseers and warriors/CourtoftheYoungKing.

Malakai

Orcdom
03-07-2005, 04:15
that shouldnt happen unless they make different cheaper HQ's for the other craftworlds esp ulthwe. you can barely keep it under 300 points. something in the line os a range between the seer and warlock would be nice there, or with ulthwe at least make it 1 seer be able to be an HQ option.
Steve

Malakai
03-07-2005, 04:36
that shouldnt happen unless they make different cheaper HQ's for the other craftworlds esp ulthwe. you can barely keep it under 300 points. something in the line os a range between the seer and warlock would be nice there, or with ulthwe at least make it 1 seer be able to be an HQ option.
Steve

I think the point of Ulthwé is to back up that expensive HQ with cheap troops. I mean, no-one really plays 300pt games. I play Ulthwé and other than the main gripes I have with the overall problems with the eldar list I find the Ulthwé to be fairly well balanced.

Malakai

boogle
03-07-2005, 08:16
The Autarch is meant to be a Guardian Type General, so i woudl imagine if it makes it into the Eldar Codex it will be open to all forces

Orcdom
03-07-2005, 15:10
yes ulthwe is pretty balanced, but at 500 to a 1000 pts its hard to field much. esp at the 4 and 5000 point range.

the Autarch i thought was supposed to be basically an upgraded Exarch?
Steve

Solarc
03-07-2005, 18:18
the Autarch i thought was supposed to be basically an upgraded Exarch?
Steve

In epic, the Autarch is an uber Aspect that's been down multiple aspect paths or has been on a aspect path for so long that he is so consumed by the warrior aspect and compelled to lead because of his expereince.

If the 40k developers follow suit, then it will be interesting to see what kinds of abilties he has... might be a call back to 2nd giving him a slight bump in a couple of the Exarch stats, but I doubt that they will make the skill combos as broken as some that they had in 2nd.

Karhedron
03-07-2005, 19:39
Yeah, some of the combos could be pretty evil. Let's see, Sustained Assault, Crushing blow, burning Hands, Defend and Distract would be pretty nasty. S5 power weapon attacks that reroll failed to wound rolls and can make an extra attack for each hit scored. Opponents lose one attack in CC and can only hit you on a 6!

I mean it would be hilarious if you could mix'n'match any Exarch powers but it would make the average Daemon Prince mess up Chaos armour and run for the hills. :evilgrin:

Solarc
03-07-2005, 21:40
Yeah, some of the combos could be pretty evil. Let's see, Sustained Assault, Crushing blow, burning Hands, Defend and Distract would be pretty nasty. S5 power weapon attacks that reroll failed to wound rolls and can make an extra attack for each hit scored. Opponents lose one attack in CC and can only hit you on a 6!

I mean it would be hilarious if you could mix'n'match any Exarch powers but it would make the average Daemon Prince mess up Chaos armour and run for the hills. :evilgrin:

Ooohh yes it would be too scary. But I do hope they take the time to re-do/update the exarch skills, and maybe make some new ones. Maybe some 2 skill combo choices for the Autarch. For example, distract and defend would be pretty good skills for an IC, so I can see that combo for an Autarch... but they are useless for DA right now. Maybe they will make him out of plastic, with optional wargear.

Just to keep things on topic, I'd like to see a couple of updated Farseers for the Eldar. Or a plastic one with some options like the SM commander. Bullwinkle should be phased out.

Orcdom
04-07-2005, 01:48
Bullwinkle should be phased out.

i agree there 100%
Steve

EmperorsChamp01
04-07-2005, 10:32
Its good to see that the eldar have more than one Farseer model

Orcdom
05-07-2005, 02:23
but the only one you can buy in a blister is bullwinkle, i wish they would release the necromunda farseer in a 40K blister, i am having a hard time getting ahold of him second handed, **** on buying directly from GW for anything more than bitz and preferr to do that with my local retailer.

Steve

Brimstone
05-07-2005, 05:11
There is no chance of GW releasing the Necromunda Farseer in a blister, if you're not willing to bitz order him you are SOL.

Frodo34x
05-07-2005, 08:49
http://www.solegends.com/citrare/deconcepts.htm
Hmm, the one in the middle. Can I say phallus?

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
13-07-2005, 11:29
http://www.solegends.com/citrare/deconcepts.htm
Hmm, the one in the middle. Can I say phallus?

Perhaps is is trying to overcompensate for other areas? :D

Black DH templ.
13-07-2005, 20:28
I just bought the Ulthwe box a few days back on my vacation to Italy :D

Orcdom
13-07-2005, 21:15
the seer council box or what?
and since we are talking about eldar here, does anyone have a necromunda farseer and (or) the warlock with the removable witchblade from the seer council box thay are willing to part with that lives in north america?
Steve

Nexto
13-07-2005, 23:27
You can get the Necromunda farseer and the warlock via mailorder, where's the problem?

Orcdom
14-07-2005, 01:31
heres your answer to your smart elek (sp?) question.

usually cheaper second hand, and also why should i give GW my money when someone else allready has?

Steve