PDA

View Full Version : [Epic] A Squat Stronghold!

Kotrin
10-10-2006, 07:07
A FULL stronghold. Something really impressive at Epic scale - and certainly my best Epic project so far.

http://www.stephane.info/res/gallery/squat_stronghold/thumbnail__oathtaking.jpg

Have a look by yourself :D

The article is there:

http://www.stephane.info/show.php?code=squat_stronghold

http://www.stephane.info/show.php?code=squat_stronghold&lg=fr (French version)

Go Squats!!

BlackLegion
10-10-2006, 09:34
Outstanding :)

USABOB
10-10-2006, 09:58
That looks cool and very usable. I don't play epic myself, but I suffer from shiny syndrom and I might get it in the future. Looks like a worthy set of terrain to game on. How long did it take you to make it all?

Kotrin
10-10-2006, 13:06
I'd say three month overall - but I worked on it in parallel with the painting of a Squat army. Getting the rough shapes in place took a week for major structure, details took another three weeks (cloing gaps, adding struts, etc.) It all depended from the piece; the landing platform gave me headaches, for example. But the main gates and the refinery were simple. Basing and painting was without problem, but lengthy. Once again, some pieces were far more complicated than others; the secondary entrance was the most complex part paint-wise.

The three month mark includes the interior details, which took 2-3 weeks alone. A lot of thought went in the design.

Darkseer
10-10-2006, 13:12
Wow!

That tempts me to play epic...nearly

malika
10-10-2006, 13:47
Squats are dead dude :p But this seriously kick ass and actually makes me interested in the Squats again...just no beer drinking bikers who look like those dudes from the Village People but then stuntier anymore :o

answer_is_42
10-10-2006, 18:04
That is VERY cool.
Theres a squat list for Epic? (i know next to nothing about the game)

nealhunt
10-10-2006, 18:57
There are a couple of fan lists for squats that have had fairly extensive playtesting and should be balanced for the GT scenario.

answer_is_42
10-10-2006, 19:02
There are a couple of fan lists for squats that have had fairly extensive playtesting and should be balanced for the GT scenario.

must-resist-urge- to-play-Epic :)

Chaos and Evil
10-10-2006, 20:21

You should play Epic... it's like 40k only it has tactics. :D

firestorm40k
11-10-2006, 08:50
Wow!

That tempts me to play epic...nearly

That looks cool and very usable. I don't play epic myself, but I suffer from shiny syndrom and I might get it in the future.

Yes, yes, yes, you must all give Epic a go! It is a fantastic game, challenging to get to grips with, but far more rewarding than 40k is sometimes (says someone who has only ever managed to finish in the lower eschelons of the Tournaments I've ever taken part in :p )

And I've sung many praises for Kotrin's terrain - outstanding and very inspirational! :cool:

Karhedron
14-10-2006, 22:10
Squats are dead dude :p

Squats are not dead! They are just having an extended lock-in and enjoying their finest ale while they wait for Leman Russ to come back with the pizza. :D

salty
15-10-2006, 06:35
Thats just awesome! I gotta say, I really love the little industrial diorama inside that main gate. Great stuff!

Salty :)