PDA

View Full Version : Summer campaign 07

MacVurrich
12-12-2006, 19:45
Out of intrest who's planning to take part in the GW Summer campaign in 07
:p ;)

Hochdorf
12-12-2006, 22:51
I will, and I want to do it with a new army... so I'm waiting to hear what the campaign will be so that I can pick a force that fits the background.

Also, I'm extremely indecisive and I can't figure out what army I want to do. (I already have massive VC, TK, and Brets.) I might try a Night Goblin force, but they just really aren't very competitive... so maybe WE because the archers are cool looking, but I don't like the Forest Spirits... I would do Dwarfs but my two best friends both collect them... which brings me back to Night Goblins as probably the most fluffy army to use against Dwarfs... I'm so confused. :wtf:

Inkosi
13-12-2006, 02:30
When the end result is already pre - determined?

When their reasons for a campaign is for people to participate, have fun and play more games and they fix the results?

No thanks, i have enough games and fun with my regular gaming.

Melchiah
13-12-2006, 02:36
I will, and I want to do it with a new army... so I'm waiting to hear what the campaign will be so that I can pick a force that fits the background.

Also, I'm extremely indecisive and I can't figure out what army I want to do. (I already have massive VC, TK, and Brets.) I might try a Night Goblin force, but they just really aren't very competitive... so maybe WE because the archers are cool looking, but I don't like the Forest Spirits... I would do Dwarfs but my two best friends both collect them... which brings me back to Night Goblins as probably the most fluffy army to use against Dwarfs... I'm so confused. :wtf:

Maybe Empire. Get one of them shinny new clockwork horses and a missile launcher or maybe by then there will be WD rules for a Techpriest and a Rhino:cheese:.

Highborn
13-12-2006, 03:23
When the end result is already pre - determined?

When their reasons for a campaign is for people to participate, have fun and play more games and they fix the results?

No thanks, i have enough games and fun with my regular gaming.

Someone's not bitter in the slightest.

I'm in, looking forward to the chance to try something different with the gaming group.

snurl
13-12-2006, 03:45
We shall see. I have no info on it except that there's going to be one and new Orc models will be involved.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
13-12-2006, 04:26
Yeah, they should let Chaos win this year and just disallow using other races in Warhammer FB because they're all dead. Then it's just pick your favorite Chaos army fun time!! Weeeooooo!!

Hochdorf
13-12-2006, 05:09
SUV: Or they could just do a campaign that doesn't determine the fate of the entire world - like the Albion campaign. Have them fight over some remote area of the world, so that if Chaos wins... well there is another area that belongs to Chaos... but the rest of the world still exists. SoC arguably needed a scripted ending because if Chaos had won then the Empire would cease to exist. Just set a different campaign objective and this won't be an issue.

Melchiah: I've never liked Empire as an army (their fluff is super-cool though), and I like them even less now that they are getting crazy tech! I hate the mechanical horse. :cries:

DragonPup
13-12-2006, 05:58

That depends on how much info you spill! ;)

Falkman
13-12-2006, 12:26
SUV: Or they could just do a campaign that doesn't determine the fate of the entire world - like the Albion campaign. Have them fight over some remote area of the world
This is exactly what the rumours says it will be like.

WarbossKurgan
13-12-2006, 16:24

Hooooo yes!

My Piratical Orcs are all ready to loot, pillage and plunder where-ever-the-heck the next campaign is! (But I hope its in Cathay! :p )

As you well know Mac, I'm a sucker for a campaign!

MacVurrich
13-12-2006, 18:56
That depends on how much info you spill! ;)

At present I under orders but when I can I will

if you enjoyed MV you'll enjoy "THE NONE PRE- WRITTEN ENDING " campaign

Splagbot
13-12-2006, 19:03
I'll be involved, pre-scripted ending or not.

It's good fun and it's always good to get inolved in something that's bigger than my gaming group, it always gives the feeling that you've contributed to the background.

Shadowseer Crofty
13-12-2006, 19:33
i might join the campain if i get round to starting that beastmen or dark elves force i've been meaning to do for ages. what is it about anyways? havent seen cos i dont usually frequent the fantasy section

EvC
13-12-2006, 20:02
If I could be bothered to get up off my **** and actually go to one of the London clubs, then sure...

Thargrund
13-12-2006, 20:47

No matter what it is ill be joining in - i really love all GW global campaigns -they are sooo fun :D

vampires are cool!
13-12-2006, 20:56
hell, its a new campaine, and it gives me a chance to get more models and play more games.
good enough for me!

snurl
13-12-2006, 21:41
My new WD came today and there's a teaser ad in it that says that this years campaign has something to do with an ancient Dwarven Crown, The Nemesis Crown, that had been lost for ages, until now.

- Thats all it said, and to stay tuned for further info.

You read it on WARSEER first

Bregalad
13-12-2006, 22:18
... and in this thread http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57635 ;)

I will probably have to organise the campaign in my local store and can't take an active part myself. And I still need to paint my WE army. Otherwise ...

snurl
13-12-2006, 22:49
... and in this thread http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57635 ;) ...

Yep- I just thought i would mention it here. Up to now, we didn't know that the Nemesis Crown was a Dwarven relic.

Paulus
13-12-2006, 23:32
I might take my mate who's a red shirt at a local store up on an offer to do 'a tale of 4 gamers' style army with him & a few others once we know what the campaign is (It'll get me to reduce my overly high standards with my painting - which has prevented me from ever finishing a single unit as I just get bored of painting the same thing!).

Then we shall unleash havoc upon the children in the store who we constantly wind up.

My mate actually convinced one that there's a 40k 'Space Badger's' army being worked on the other day!