PDA

View Full Version : New armoured elf twins

Gondorian
12-12-2006, 23:20
There's a pic of the elf twins on foot in heavy armour at

http://www.thelastalliance.com/

Sniper Kelly
12-12-2006, 23:49
I thought they looked a bit odd at first, but now I quite like them. Nice poses and good detail, but maybe a little on the bulky side. I may get these, bit it depends on the price.

Gondorian
13-12-2006, 00:51
I think they look pretty cool. I reckon they are gonna get mixed reviews like their previous models. You'll either love em or hate em.

schoolcormorant
13-12-2006, 08:14
the one on the left looks good, not so sure about the other though :(

SC

Lord Gordonis
13-12-2006, 09:22
MMMMM interesting

Warboss Snazgrod
13-12-2006, 10:46
The one on the left is ok, but the right one sucks, he just does not look to be in a natural pose.

Warboss Snazgrod

Voronwe[MQ]
13-12-2006, 10:57
Good anyway they're turning out more elves. It's always good to have something to base conversions on. :)

Voronwe

Mars
13-12-2006, 16:02
They're only wielding one blade each. Wonder if this is the disatvantage of giving them heavy armour.

Intrepid Adventurer
13-12-2006, 23:01
I'm not too sure... I dislike the poses. I prefer Glorfindel and Erestor in their armour outfits.

liamrob
14-12-2006, 23:56
Ye i'd rather se glorfindel and erestor if i was after elladan and elrohir. Thats if it ain't against the rules instore?

Oh well there faces look a bit wierd. :p I quite hate them. Probabaly change once i see it instore.

Angus
20-12-2006, 01:10
at least they are better than the first models...

Jon_Irenicus
20-12-2006, 13:13
I think they´re ok, but they´re still miles away from what could´ve been done.

Oh well.

james1225
06-01-2007, 22:09
Chuck them in the ladel for melting down.

Intrepid Adventurer
07-01-2007, 09:23
Does anyone know a release date for these dudes?

WH40KAj
07-01-2007, 11:06
Does anyone know a release date for these dudes?

I think it is with everything else in ruin of arnor, in the UK 3rd Feburary

L.Hutz
07-01-2007, 16:10
I will definitely be picking up these guys. Very nice models.

Shadowphrakt
10-01-2007, 18:29
yeah, these guys are nice, but there Ģ12 for each, cos they come on horse too.
Theyll make good leaders for the Elnaith when they come out.

Lord Gordonis
10-01-2007, 21:01
Im liking these guys now as Ive seen them up close and also the ones on horses as well, they look much better, I think sometimes the photos dont make the models standout to you, but once you see them up close and painted they look much better!

Stormtrooper Clark
10-01-2007, 21:38
My only complaint is that you spend £24 on them in total since you have to use both, yes i know they are on Horses.

im not here
04-02-2007, 17:11
im not too impressed with both versions of the twins. in terms of their rules and abilities they are fantastic but the models themselves leave a lot to be desired. the new models for arwen are very nice though.

Palatine Katinka
04-02-2007, 22:06
I was really looking forward to them but when I started painting them it all went wrong and I ended up not enjoying it. If I were to paint them again and do it differently I might stop hating them but for now I have memories of the gruelling hours trying to get the faces looking right. I'm surprised they weren't released as a small boxed-set for Ģ20 since they have to be used together and GW seems to be moving towards more boxes and less blisters in the WFB and 40K ranges.

Gondorian
05-02-2007, 01:22
Wouldn't worry about the painting. Practically everyone gets stuck or annoyed or even miserable with it at times. Very recently I was going mad because I couldn't paint camo guardsmen like in the codex but then I had something of a breakthrough.

Personally, I like both sets of models, I prefer the new ones coz the armour is cool and the pose a tad more natural but I liked the old ones anyway.

Palatine Katinka
05-02-2007, 01:30
Wouldn't worry about the painting. Practically everyone gets stuck or annoyed or even miserable with it at times. Very recently I was going mad because I couldn't paint camo guardsmen like in the codex but then I had something of a breakthrough.

Sadly, I was working to a deadline, they were for display and I still had 12 Rangers, Arathorn and Halbarad to do. I did manage to paint Gulavhar while avoiding the twins though!

Dark messiah
06-02-2007, 19:36
i like them, personaly i thinkthe studios are just bad casts,
like gil-galad in the rulebook-the face looks terrible but mine is
nothing like it

and now everyone pounces on the new guy...

Dat Wildboy
06-02-2007, 20:03
i think Gil Galad needs a new sculpt though... he'll get one in the Last Alliance supplement i think. i really like Gil Galad, but the model looks pretty bad now.

Palatine Katinka
07-02-2007, 00:53
i like them, personaly i thinkthe studios are just bad casts,
like gil-galad in the rulebook-the face looks terrible but mine is
nothing like it

and now everyone pounces on the new guy...

The same applies to the first Arwen. The one pictured is not as good as the one released. Although, the second model is still better. ;) Why is the old picture of an unreleased version of her still used every time she is mentioned?

Adept
07-02-2007, 19:39
I think they look pretty cool. I reckon they are gonna get mixed reviews like their previous models. You'll either love em or hate em.

:confused:

There was people that liked the old sculpts?

Gondorian
07-02-2007, 21:34
Yes there were. I thought they were good and some of my friends thought they were ace. And yet others thought they were terrible. Since it's a matter of opinion, each to his own.

Jon_Irenicus
09-02-2007, 20:36
Canīt argue tastes. The old ones didnīt look bad, if it wasnīt for the monkey arms. A bit of work and sawing could have fixed them both, though I think that whomever sculpted them had little sense of proportion.

They looked nice, but I still am very much against monkey arms.

Catferret
10-02-2007, 00:18
Canīt argue tastes. The old ones didnīt look bad, if it wasnīt for the monkey arms. A bit of work and sawing could have fixed them both, though I think that whomever sculpted them had little sense of proportion.

They looked nice, but I still am very much against monkey arms.

It was Gary Morley, the Sculpting Tool!:p

He can be blamed for so many bad sculpts...

Jon_Irenicus
10-02-2007, 03:21
Meh, Garyīs models weren't that bad when I first started in Warhammer. And, to his credit, I prefered the older Wood Elf Waywatchers than the new, "letīs get damn-near naked and wild" Waywatchers ;)

I was hoping for an improvement "ala Arwen" (the difference between the old and the new sculpt was simply abyssal), but it just wasn't meant to be.