PDA

View Full Version : Which of these DoW units compliment Empire best?

gorenut
13-12-2006, 06:42
Right now I'm in a toss up of what DoW choice I want to take for my Empire army. Either:
Norsemen
Beorg's Norsemen
Ogre Maneater

NOTE: I already regularly take Ironguts because my army theme excludes knights.

Bloodknight
13-12-2006, 09:48
The norsemen and berserkers are a tradeoff. It´s either cheap norse with flails or great weapons where every guy is capable of dishing out serious damage (Norse), or a not so cheap unit where the individual guy doesn´t do much damage, but is quite survivable and the regiment includes a real kickass fighting character (Beorg). It depends on what you prefer.

I am not a fan of the maneaters, altough I sometimes play 2 single maneaters for their stubbornness (but nothing else, they´re quite expensive for what they can do) in my DoW army.

gorenut
13-12-2006, 11:15
Yea, if I were playing DOW, I would definitely take some Maneaters seeing how they take special slots in their army instead of rare.

EDIT: Darn.. I also just remembered that Maneaters take up 2 rare choices in other armies that aren't DOW or OK... well.. that bites. Definitely makes them less appetizing. I guess it'll just be a toss-up between Beorg and normal norse.

Hobgoblyn
13-12-2006, 17:20
The Empire doesn't seem to have light calvary, so go with Oglah Khan's Boyz...

Or well... you are trying to avoid calvary. So I guess it comes down to what you think your army is lacking between strength and defense, since you are intentionally giving up speed.

Bloodknight
13-12-2006, 17:54
The Empire has pistoliers which are as good as fast cav can get.

gorenut
13-12-2006, 18:58
The Empire has pistoliers which are as good as fast cav can get.

Yup, which is what I regularly include in my army too.

I just don't take heavy cav.