PDA

View Full Version : Which Hellhound to go for?

Chaplin Davius
13-12-2006, 11:05
I'm about to add 3 Hellhounds to my guard army and can't make up my mind which of the 3 Hellhounds to go for. So in ture warseer fastion lets have a poll!
For any of you who haven't seen the two forgeworld ones hears a link.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/IMPERIAL_GUARD_TANKS.html

Enderel
13-12-2006, 11:10
I prefer the ARTEMIA, just seems to look sleeker and a bit more deadly than the others. I think it's because the flamer is mounted to the side of the turret.

Luke
13-12-2006, 11:26
Artemia. It looks the dogs. Not that the Graia doesnt look good, its just that the Artemia looks sleeker and harder.

Angelus Mortis
13-12-2006, 11:30
Personally I like the Graia pattern.

Edit: You could easily convert this from a GW standard version btw. You may want to look at the costs involved, as it could possibly save you a few bucks.

Core_Commander
13-12-2006, 11:33
Artemia wins. It looks extremely mean... And just like the most vicious weapon in the IG's arsenal should look like.

jubilex
13-12-2006, 11:50
The one with the waggiest tail, obviously. Don't really like any of them. Have you thought of making your own, perhaps with a trailer tanker, like the old churchill crocodile (iirc)?

Chaplin Davius
13-12-2006, 12:03
The cost isn't the problem as I just want the best looking models so worry about that.

xibo
13-12-2006, 12:14
I like the GW one better than forgeworlds'

jfrazell
13-12-2006, 12:23
Make your own. Make your own turrent and tanks on a chimera chassis or use a 1/48 scale tank chassis with a heavy flamer turrent, or something completely different. I am using the spare turrent from a Tiger II chassis I am wokring on for a Leman. With spare tamiya tanks, metal tube extensions and some spare heavy flamers from some sentinels I have, it should be nice and different.

infernus31
13-12-2006, 12:32
I too prefer the original looks good and the Inferno cannon looks a bit 'better' IMHO on the original then these new ones

ArtificerArmour
13-12-2006, 12:35
If you're adding three why not have one of each?

Try Again Bragg
13-12-2006, 12:42
Both the Artemia and the Graia Patterns are great, but I had to go with the Artemia. The off-center flame cannon is great.

Sgt Biffo
13-12-2006, 12:57
The Forge World Hellhounds witht the long feul spouts remind me of Daleks. Screeching "Exterminate, exterminate" in a staccato voice is not quite as 40k as "Burn heretic/alien scum!"(leaving out the staccato bit).

I don't have an opponent who doesn't have grudging respect for the old Hellhound. Some will even target them in preference to Leman Russ! I love spraying a recently flamed unit with the Heavy Bolter, just to be anti-social.

If you don't rate them: Your using them wrong.

Put them in among your Chimera advance and you increase the odds of an unmolestered deployment several fold.

wilsonian
13-12-2006, 13:04
the normal one is old and out dated - looks too chunky. I'd go for the Artemia version

Sir_Turalyon
13-12-2006, 13:07
Regular GW Hellhound looks best in my oppinion - however, if you can't decide, why not buy one of each and have no two hellhounds look alike?

You will be facing problem "which one to field when I don't field all three", through :).

Binky
13-12-2006, 13:25
My favourite is the Artemia and been very tempted to get one myself, however, I'm personally holding out for a little while in case FW do a Death Korps Hellhound, like the Death Korps Russes. Burny death seems a big theme with the DK so a Hellhound seems a great additon to range!

Maus
13-12-2006, 13:33
If I were getting one myself and cost wasn't an issue I'd get the Artemia (the crappy exchange rate means it's way too expensive for me at the moment). I really dislike the GW one. The way its fuel tanks just sit on the lasgun ports has always seemed half-assed to me.

However, I liked jubilex's idea of doing one with a trailer. You could easily transform a regular Chimera to give it a flame weapon on the turret, and you could pick up the FW Earthshaker Platform and use its track units to make two trailers. It'd be more work, obviously, but your Hellhounds would be unique.

beefHeart
13-12-2006, 13:45
Artemia all the way.

better angles around the turret.
offset flamer = more interesting.

the only thing i like better about the Graia is nothing... edit

Just mho...

catdubh
13-12-2006, 14:49
Of the 3 I'd go with the ARTEMIA pattern, it looks better than the Graia, and the basic one is just crap.:(

I have only two things against it. The cost (which you say is no problem) and the fuel tank. Far to big and far to vulnerable for my liking.

This and the fact I really hate the basic version is why I converted mine.
Very simple, razorback turret, dread inferno cannon,http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/SPACE_MARINE_DREADNOUGHTS.html and Heavy stubber.:cool:

An external weapons mount, a bit like the Russian kliver turret. Cheap and if I do say so myself looks cool.:)

Kittah
13-12-2006, 14:51
I prefer the Graia Pattern myself, I can't stand the offset Inferno Cannon on the Artemia. If it were me I'd buy 3 of the Graia pattern and trim down the Inferno Cannon barrel, as the current long barrel looks like crap on both of them if you ask me.

Maus
13-12-2006, 15:02
I have only two things against it. The cost (which you say is no problem) and the fuel tank. Far to big and far to vulnerable for my liking.Ah, but if that big tank only had to hold the same amount of fuel as the GW one's two tanks, think how thick its walls could be! ;)

Voltaire
13-12-2006, 15:25
I would go for the Artemia Pattern one if it was me.

IronNerd
13-12-2006, 15:42
Assuming you're doling out for Forgeworld, Artemia is the way to go. Man that turret looks good.

Angelus Mortis
13-12-2006, 15:44
The cost isn't the problem as I just want the best looking models so worry about that.Cost may not be an issue, but why waste money. Besides, the coolest looking models are always the conversions that recieved a lot of love. ;)

EDIT: To those it may concern. THERE IS NO "N" IN TURRET. ITS NOT EVEN PRONOUNCED WITH A "N". Thanks, but this is a big pet peeve and I just had to get it off my chest.

Brotherdraagor
13-12-2006, 17:30
I'd get all three for variety, or at least both Forgeworld ones, just think it makes for a more characterful army.

Cirenivel
13-12-2006, 17:46
i really like the Artemia one, it just looks so much more like a flametank.

Cirenivel

HobbitTank
13-12-2006, 17:49
You could make your own from a chimera and a beer can...

CENOBITE
13-12-2006, 17:50
Having just recently bought one (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60310) myself, I can only recommend the Artemia pattern. The model is a blast :skull:

Culven
13-12-2006, 18:14
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/IMPERIAL_GUARD_TANKS.html
Personally, I prefer the third one down on the webpage. :evilgrin:

The Judge
13-12-2006, 19:27
I like both of the Forgeworld ones a lot, but I'd say the Graia looks more Imperial. The Artemia has a "futuristic" rather than "40K" angle to it IMO.

Vaktathi
13-12-2006, 19:41
I'd say go with the normal GW one. the FW ones are nice, but are almost 2x the price of the GW one, and the GW one doesnt look that bad.