PDA

View Full Version : New Librarians

azazel_fallenangel
13-12-2006, 13:50
There have been some pics floating on the forums of the new librarians GW are releasing, only 3 so far, but my question is whether there will be a terminator armoured 1. There was a Terminator version of the new Chaplins so...
I am currently planning a grey knight conversion for a relictors librarian, but want to see what else i could do.
Thanks

P.S. sorry if this is the wrong place, don't know where to put questions.

Maus
13-12-2006, 14:05
Could just use the old Terminator Librarian. I always loved that one, and you don't see it anywhere these days:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947010132241&orignav=9

redbaron998
13-12-2006, 15:51
There will be a termie Libby. I dont think there will be anymore Power Armoured ones as rumours only said 3

azazel_fallenangel
13-12-2006, 16:04
Any pictures anybody? Thanks in advance.
Don't like the static pose of the current termie libby, could be worked with though.

John Vaughan
13-12-2006, 18:03
I made my own librarian in termie armor. I took the terminator captain out of the box set, and put him together in a dynamic pose. I Give him a sword and a storm bolter, as well as the banner and a regular terminator head. I used some green stuff to make a psychic hood.

When I painted it, I painted the hood red with white "runic" looking swirls. Then, I painted the sword so that it appeared to have glowing, runic looking, yellow bolts shooting across the surface. Other than that, it is a normal librarian.

On another blister for one I bought, I simply put a jump pack on it.

Hope this helps!

azazel_fallenangel
14-12-2006, 13:32
I found the pic of the new librarians, heres a link:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59358&page=30
scroll down a bit and see the new librarians and plastic devastators.
Does anyone have any pics of the terminator lib? Even info on the pose would be great.

John Vaughan
14-12-2006, 15:28
I havent seen the termie libs, but if I do, I'll let ya know.

Karhedron
14-12-2006, 20:12
Meh, not hugely impressed by the new Librarians. :( The one with the staff and book looks OK but the other two are a bit static. I think the new Chaplains they did to go with the BTs were better overall.

Onisuzume
14-12-2006, 21:15
Meh, not hugely impressed by the new Librarians. :( The one with the staff and book looks OK but the other two are a bit static. I think the new Chaplains they did to go with the BTs were better overall.
And I disliked the Chaplains, this is just... too blue for my taste.
Not to mention a severe lack of interresting poses with the librarians.

Destris
14-12-2006, 21:18
There have been some pics floating on the forums of the new librarians GW are releasing, only 3 so far, but my question is whether there will be a terminator armoured 1. There was a Terminator version of the new Chaplins so...
I am currently planning a grey knight conversion for a relictors librarian, but want to see what else i could do.
Thanks

P.S. sorry if this is the wrong place, don't know where to put questions.

There will be 3 or 4 Librarians.

There will be a Termie Librarian.

I can't give away anything more.
Steve

John Vaughan
15-12-2006, 01:11
Being a player who uses librarians a lot, I really like those new ones. I especially like the one with the sword, and also the one with the book. Though the one with the sword looks a lot like one that is already out.

Lord Merlin
15-12-2006, 01:24
Personally T would put a jump pack on the axe weilding one the one with the book is perfect for my latest conversion plan YAY

Mr_Smiley
15-12-2006, 03:25
A new terminator Librarian would be good as the current one is too small and no comparison when you look at the new Terminator Chaplin

Philby00
15-12-2006, 04:27
in the dark angels thread in the rumour section, a couple of people have seen the terminator librarian and said that he has a staff and is swinging it around from behind him and is holding an open book in his other arm. no pics yet though. hope that helps :)

BrotherErekose
15-12-2006, 04:36
How about these old dogs?

My pictures are okay. The paint jobs...eh?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i142/erekose42/ForceAxe3.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i142/erekose42/FirceAxesonnaHill2.jpg

-Brother Erekose

Lord Merlin
15-12-2006, 12:26
Man those things are HOT never seen them though where did u get them oh and nice painting on the axe

Maus
15-12-2006, 12:39
Man those things are HOT never seen them though where did u get them oh and nice painting on the axeJeez, those are ancient plastics. Can't remember which game they're from -- Space Hulk?

ankara halla
15-12-2006, 13:30
Advanced Space Crusade

Maus
15-12-2006, 13:40
Nein! Turns out they're from the Space Hulk "Genestealer" add-on.

azazel_fallenangel
15-12-2006, 13:41
in the dark angels thread in the rumour section, a couple of people have seen the terminator librarian and said that he has a staff and is swinging it around from behind him and is holding an open book in his other arm. no pics yet though. hope that helps :)

Thanks, that sounds just like what a want for my Terminator Librarian, who will be CC oriented, "Might of Heroes" psyker power and the "Shard of Monolith" special Relictors item. No ranged weaponry.

Stranger
15-12-2006, 13:48
Any idea id there will be a jump pack one, just like they did the chappy? Because with the new PAs are ither ugly or might have difficulty accomodating one...

Sleazy
15-12-2006, 17:06
yup those placcy ones are from "Genestealer" they were also re-released in a box set called "terminators & tyranids" I think I still have a couple.

i use the old classic metal one shown earlier in the thread.

John Vaughan
15-12-2006, 19:46
I think one of the resons why there is not librarian w/a jump pack is because GW just wants people to have to spend money on the jump pack bits to convert their own. That's all I did, but I had one leftover, and it looks really nice. I think that it really isnt necessary, but it would be nice.

Overlord Krycis
15-12-2006, 20:16
I know this might sound a little obvious...but has anyone thought of using the Grey Knight Terminators as Libbys?
I use the Brother Captain from teh Boxed set as my Chief Librarian and it looks dead cool...

Karhedron
15-12-2006, 20:26
I know this might sound a little obvious...but has anyone thought of using the Grey Knight Terminators as Libbys?
I use the Brother Captain from teh Boxed set as my Chief Librarian and it looks dead cool...

It can be done but GKs have quite a bit of distinctive ][ iconography on them. I feel it would take a lot of work to get them looking like codex Marines rather than just GKs in another colour.

Having said that I would like to see your one before I discard the idea.

BrotherErekose
16-12-2006, 00:54
For those wondering, yes, those are librarians from the Space Hulk expansion, Genestealer. Which included some cool GS hybrid modles packing chaos heavy weps, like the missile launcher, auto cannon, bolters and plasma guns if I wished, and a Conversion Beamer, which would translate to an umlimited range Multi-melta.

Now, wouldn't that be something? A MM with decent range....
:evilgrin:

I'll post a pic of one...gotta dig it out.

-Brother Erekose

azazel_fallenangel
16-12-2006, 14:47

I said in my opening post that I was planning to use a GK if I do not like this new Terminator model. Cut off his head and mould a hood arond a bare SM one. Also to take the GK iconography off of the shoulder pads.

azazel_fallenangel
18-12-2006, 11:00
Found a pic of the new Terminator Librarian:
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1151433#post1151433
Not so sure about the book stapped to his back, but love it .

Lord Merlin
19-12-2006, 12:23
SO awesome (Drools over keyboard) BUT why in the name of the throne does it not have a FORCE AXE force axes rule. Curses must convert

John Vaughan
19-12-2006, 15:42
Oohhhh...Terminator librarian...*pinches self to make sure not dreaming*...That's the most freaking kewl terminator librarian I have EVER seen!!!

Lord Merlin
22-12-2006, 23:43
Does any one know when these guys will come out? With the DA I think wat about you all