PDA

View Full Version : Eldar question

schoolcormorant
13-12-2006, 18:40
Hi,
after looking at some of the awesome Eldar stuff people have done i've been wanting to paint some myself - i don't want to start an army though... i bought a box of Dire Avengers this afternoon but i don't own the Eldar codex. i'm not looking for rules or anything (don't worry Cptn B!) but i wondered, is blue the only colour for Dire Avengers? everything i've looked at seems to suggest that.
I'm assuming blue is the typical colouring to differentiate between guardians and avengers but if you can put me right either way i'd be most glad.
cheers
SC

Arhalien
13-12-2006, 18:44
Blue is the aspect colour of dire avenegers, but there's no reason why you can;t paint them however you want. Someone somewhere found an artwork picture of 2 red and white avengers. I'm planning to have mostly craftworld colours for m aspects but with details in aspect colours.

banik
13-12-2006, 18:46
Blue is indeed the 'typical' colour, but, as said above, there's absolutely no reason not to use your own scheme!

Culven
13-12-2006, 18:46
Each Aspect Temple has a colour scheme associated with it. However, many people have incorporated the Craftworld colours as well. For Dire Avengers, blue is the temple colour, but you could add Craftworld colours to items such as their crests and tabards. This way, they will look to be part of the Craftworld forces, but a separate group within it.

Midknightwraith
13-12-2006, 20:10
Typically, they are blue, usually a medium blue, but as Arhalien said, anything is doable, as long as you like it that is all that really matters. Most people do it the way Culven suggests. I know I did. Though my DAs are a dark midknight blue, rather than the smurf blue usually associated with DAs, with the helmets in my craftworld colors (deep purple, with bright green crests). While my guardians use the purple for their armor, with varying shades of green for the body suit to diferentiate squads.

Even if the colors are close the Dire Avengers with thier crested helmets are going to stand out among your guardians so paint them the way you want. Each shrine on each craftworld is supposed to be unique, and there is nothing to say that the colors are not different from one to the next.

Dr.Clock
13-12-2006, 20:33
Yeah, I play Ulthwe, so all of my models are either black or white with yellow or red. For my aspects, I include temple colours as highlights on the armour plating. For instance my scorpions are mostly black with deep red undersuits but with brilliant streaks of green on the edges of the plating.

My Avengers will have white helmets and plating with blue undersuits and red details.

It is enough to usually just find a way to incorporate the temple colour SOMEWHERE in the scheme. For Dire Avengers, just find a way to use blue prominently.

Bregalad
13-12-2006, 21:56
Somewhere in the Codex it is said, that most Aspects wear the typical colour associated with their shrine, but that on some Craftworlds Aspect warriors wear a special craftworld scheme. This is also what I will do, as I find the Aspect colour schemes ugly. Also my fluff suggests all warriors having something like a camo pattern.

schoolcormorant
13-12-2006, 22:27
ahh, thanks everybody.
i am going to paint them blue with some a different colour on the helmets.

SC

Wraithlord
14-12-2006, 06:35
Mine are red. Most of my Army is blue, so i wanted a bit more contrast in it.

Rlyehable
14-12-2006, 11:05
All my aspects are in the craftworld color with the aspect color for the helmet. The Exarch is in all aspect color with tabards in craftworld color.