PDA

View Full Version : When Daemons die....?

redbaron998
14-12-2006, 01:57
What happenes to the body of a daemon when they die??? In the DOW game they get sucked into the ground..but I have always gonna invisioned ti liek on Blade when the vampires died and burnt to dust.

Just want to know what happens to the Bloodletter on the end of my knights Nemisis weaps. : )

TheImmaterium
14-12-2006, 02:00
I always imagined them more like vanishing in some bloody mist and being taken back to the warp or some such...

The dust thing from Blade isn't too bad though, but I'm pretty sure they don't 'die' and simply return to the warp...though maybe not as people do kill greater daemons who don't come back...I think...I should stop thinking, it's beginning to hurt my head.

The real question would be, do Furies get sucked into the ground when they get shot out of the air? :o

redbaron998
14-12-2006, 02:03
I always imagined them more like vanishing in some bloody mist and being taken back to the warp or some such...

The dust thing from Blade isn't too bad though, but I'm pretty sure they don't 'die' and simply return to the warp...though maybe not as people do kill greater daemons who don't come back...I think...I should stop thinking, it's beginning to hurt my head.

The real question would be, do Furies get sucked into the ground when they get shot out of the air? :o

I know they return to the warp, at least thier..essence....And I dont think you can kill daemons jsut banishe them. Some god Gks can bansihe greater daemons for over a thousand years

Mos
14-12-2006, 02:17
I've always kinda imagined it to be a bit like the daemon breaking down into it's basaic elements and those elements then seeking out the nearest tiny tear to the warp and oozing away. With a bit of Ghostbusters ghost-trap effect thrown in, and maybe even a bit of Witch-King dying in Return Of The King.

Gutlord Grom
14-12-2006, 02:57
I always imagined them dying and coming apart like anybody else, except they dissapear rather quickly.

MrLiy
14-12-2006, 04:02
Well I always assumed that they needed some sort of material matter to invade in order to keep a stable form within the material world. I kinda figured their essence inhabited some form of corporeal body like a balloon. Successfully pop the balloon and the demon's soul scapes away into as said before a tear into the immaterium. The husk just falls away to rot...I think the fluff should be checked, has any inquisitor ever recovered a demon body?

Khaine's Messenger
14-12-2006, 04:18
When daemons that have possessed/warped physical matter/living beings "die" they'll leave a corpse (no guarantees about how it's composed or what it looks like, though), and there are even tales of daemonic talons snapping off inside victims' bodies and remaining for some time with the potential for incurring a "taint" (eg, Inquisitor Quixos). Those who're directly summoned or whose physical vessels are incredibly unstable will tend to vanish or otherwise dissolve when "slain" (or when instability claims them), however, and their method of discorporation may be anything from the dramatic to "now you see them, now you don't."

In other words, yes, daemons can leave physical evidence of their passing, but it's sort of dependant on how intimately they've tried to incorporate themselves into our reality, almost the same way you can make "snow angels" by flapping around on some snow.

banik
14-12-2006, 10:40
When I kill a demon, I often think of it sublimating (going directly from a solid to a gas) in a cloud of pestilence and putrification (if nurgle) or and angry blast of red and bllack vapours (if Khorne) or a blue and pinks sparkly swirling of mist (if Tzeentch) etc.

Another possibility is that they're corpses just like any other corpse, except the conciousness retreats to the warp when the shell is slain.

Gaz Taylor
14-12-2006, 11:00
I think it depends on the method to summon the Daemon. For example if it was a possession then I imagine that the body would remain after the Daemon had been 'killed' but if it had been a summoning using magic/warp energy, then we would see something similar to the vampire deaths in Blade.

azazel_fallenangel
14-12-2006, 11:07
I seem to recall some dead deamons on models. The only one i can think of off the top of my head is the Wulfen carrying a severed Daemonette head, so they can't disapate all the time.

Rhyskalor
14-12-2006, 11:23
In the second Horus Heresy books are some fights against Plaguebearers and they completely vanish after being slain, leaving no traces at all.

Then again, on the cover of the new Codex Eldar are some dead Daemonettes.

Seems like GW hasn't made up their mind yet. :)

Sai-Lauren
14-12-2006, 12:13
I think the fluff should be checked, has any inquisitor ever recovered a demon body?

There's the Inquisitor Daemon Huntress figure with the Daemon's head.

I suppose it depends on how the daemon's manifested - if they've been hosted by something, or have been in the material universe for a while, then the body could remain behind, but if they've been summoned from the warp and burst through, then they could dust (Blade/Buffy), burst into flame/explode, dissolve, fade out, turn to smoke/mist, or something related to their patron power.

nightgant98c
14-12-2006, 17:44
So that's what those things on the Eldar codex cover are> I'd been wondering. As far as the wulfen having a deamonette head, they could have picked it up in the eye of terror, since demons can stay there.

cav da man
14-12-2006, 21:43
this has very little relevance to the actual conversation but my personal answer to that is "the emperor loses 5 bucks for betting against humanity"
Ive always imagined corpses of the demons and the soul part just oozing out in a golden sort of flying juice, if the corpse stays behind that justifies my opinion that demons are much weaker after being "killed" banished or whatever you want to call it.

Kandarin
14-12-2006, 23:07
I don't think that beings of Chaos would be in any way consistent in the manner of their deaths. Perhaps one may fade to dust, but another might, say dissolve to goo, or turn to stone, or leave a very ordinary-looking corpse.

[SD] Bob Plisskin
15-12-2006, 00:07
I agree with the above. That's the whole point of chaos!

I have a vision of an imperial guardsman killing a daemon and looking down at the corpse and seeing his own body, the patron god can do whatever he wants to instill fear in the enemy or whatever...