PDA

View Full Version : Naval security force

ss_cherubael
14-12-2006, 13:33
Inspired by the tactica i read on Storm Troopers and re reading the first Eisenhorn book i have decided to look into doing a 1000pt naval security force.
Now i was thinking this force would be an all storm trooper and veteran force with chimera transports and a vulture as heavy support.

i will hammer out a list in the next few hours and post it by tomorrow.

I was thinking about painting them black like they are depicted in the books so matt black under suits and gloss black armour. And probably silver or black hell guns with one red shoulder pad with something on it (probably the aquila) (btw using kasrkin minis) and the vets are going to get given the cadian shotgun pack and be painted the same way.

what do you guys think? anyone done anything like this before and also if anyone has painted black Kasrkin before could i bother you to post a picture of them so i can see what they look like? thanks

psykochiken
14-12-2006, 13:36
http://www.hivefleetmoloch.com/
go to backround, click on the strugle
sorry about linky this website while great, only has 1 adress nomatter where i go

anyway, there is a great dark color scheme
BTW very few all back color schemes look very good, you need a lighter color

Count de Monet
14-12-2006, 13:56
Agree, all black, even if part is matte and another part is glossy, probably won't stand out well. Something different would probably make it look better, especially from a distance. Even just changing the undersuit to gray would make the black pop more.

Sojourner
14-12-2006, 14:01
Laser weapons are forbidden with the utmost severity onboard ships in most fluff, as they tend to start fires. Converting your stormtroopers with Renegade autoguns and shotguns would be the best bet.

Also, the Bedford pattern stormtrooper models are much cooler than Kasrkin, IMO.

Count de Monet
14-12-2006, 14:05
Laser weapons are forbidden with the utmost severity onboard ships in most fluff, as they tend to start fires. Converting your stormtroopers with Renegade autoguns and shotguns would be the best bet.

Also, the Bedford pattern stormtrooper models are much cooler than Kasrkin, IMO.

Well, starting fires isn't as much of a problem if you're on the other guy's ship. :D

Besides, with inclusion of Chimeras and such it seems more like an on-world assignment, like "Naval Infantry" as opposed to a unit currently engaged in ship defense in space.

MrLiy
14-12-2006, 16:22
seems to me though that elite stormtroopers wouldnt be the ones on a ship pullingt security. Most US naval ships that I know (and someone correct me if I am wrong) have security details composed of the marines stationed on board, and volunteers from the ship's crew who want to be part of the security team. Neither would be the elite equivalent to stormtroopers. Having stormtroopers would be like having groups of Navy Seals in every ship providing security.

just my two cents...its your army

ss_cherubael
14-12-2006, 16:32
thanks chicken!

yeah i will do a test mini soon and the under suit will be a greyish colour.

naval security units do carry hell guns and also low velocity stubguns (source: eisenhorn trilogy), they are also seen as being the elite troopers of the imperial navy and are renowned for their discipline and batle field prowess.
And they are supposed to be the naval guys released to Inq. Voke in the 1st eisenhorn book, and they are drop and apc borune.

MrLiy
14-12-2006, 17:35
works for me!