PDA

View Full Version : Men at arms heads on new Empire

elite_dannux
15-12-2006, 11:50
Have anyone tried if the m@a heads fits on the new empire bodies?
The heads are to big for the older models and i dont like the new heads.

Steel_Legion
15-12-2006, 11:56
problem with the M@A heads is they dont really match the time period or armour of the empire, apart from that i think they would (guessing here, only have M@A heads, not the new empire)

Sandlemad
15-12-2006, 18:28
They look to me to have a little scarf thing at their necks, probably to link the piece better with their clothing style.
That could affect how well they look with the necks on the empire soldiery but a little GS to extend them downwards and you're sorted.

Apart from that, I think some of the heads would look better than others. The typical helms are similiar to some of those in the free company box but the more pointed helmets and maybe the cylindrical ones are indeed too far from the empire's time period.

gorenut
15-12-2006, 20:03
I've done it with my custom swordsmen. I think they look fine. It creates for a unique blend.

Lieutenant Frederic Henry
15-12-2006, 20:17
Pics? Anyone?

Yade
15-12-2006, 20:28
The size dimensions between the new models and the old has not changed much. I took a new head and clipped the face off using GW yellow clippers then grafted the new hat to the old "free company head" that I had chosen and it looked perfectly fine.

Sir_Lunchalot
15-12-2006, 22:47
I haven't tried it on teh foot soldiers, but I made an outrider veteran using teh head from a pretonnian peasant. looks very wild westish. very cool.

doesnt' fit perfectly with the rifle and the cloak, but now it just makes the gorget look like a bandanna around the neck.

nicholas
15-12-2006, 23:00
My friend used to play empire against my orcs. He always won. But I was never very good.

elite_dannux
16-12-2006, 07:40
ok. that sounds good with the custom swordsmen.

also how do you think that the m@a heads would look like on free comp bodies?

im planning on building an army in the warrior-king Karl XII fashion with a lot of pikes (spearmen) and musketeers (handgunners) and i need a "body" that fits with the theme.

i have looked at the new model range, the old range and men at arms but i feel that the free company bodies with m@a heads and spears/muskets looks best.

also have anyone tried to make pistoliers out of free company models? is it possible to use the current legs or have you bought other less armoured cav legs and used that instead?

gorenut
16-12-2006, 19:37
ok. that sounds good with the custom swordsmen.

also how do you think that the m@a heads would look like on free comp bodies?

im planning on building an army in the warrior-king Karl XII fashion with a lot of pikes (spearmen) and musketeers (handgunners) and i need a "body" that fits with the theme.

i have looked at the new model range, the old range and men at arms but i feel that the free company bodies with m@a heads and spears/muskets looks best.

also have anyone tried to make pistoliers out of free company models? is it possible to use the current legs or have you bought other less armoured cav legs and used that instead?

It's funny you should ask. My custom swordsmen are actually made from free company guys. Pretty much I used only the bodies that looked like it had leather armor on. I didn't want to go crazy on the other heads because they didn't look soldier-like enough so about a third of them are M@A heads and they fit very nicely.

Griefbringer
16-12-2006, 19:50

I have done that, though it requires some cutting and gluing and filling of seams - using the legs that are widely spread works fine as a starting point, but you really want to cut them at around the knee and replace the lower part with the long boots cut from the other type of free company legs. Mixing in some of the lower body from the Empire command sprue also works. See here for some pictures:

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d2/Griefbringer/Empire/?start=20

elite_dannux
16-12-2006, 21:12
gorenut: ok that sounds really good!

Griefbringer:thanx alot for the picture!

now its time for some konversion-klinik! :D