PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck BatRep

The Song of Spears
16-12-2006, 17:26
This is more to bring up a bad luck topic with set up strategy...

I am playing Iron Warriors, the other guy is playing Eldar(new) and he has a max squad of shining spear with a Autarch on a bike attached to them set up behind a nice big building at the edge of his deployment zone. Next to them he has a max squad of warp spiders.

I win turn 1....

My basilisk aims for the clumped up spiders, gets a HIT, kills 7, they pass the pin test, fail the leadership test, run, run off the board edge they were only 3 inches from....

my obliterators can see three shining spears, they shoot heavy bolters and kill 3. they take a leadership test using the Autarch’s 10 leadership, he rolls a 11 :( , the run off the board edge they were only 3 inches from...

Anyone else had a particular run of bad luck??

Slaaneshi Slave
16-12-2006, 17:37
I won a game of my Mechanised Sisters of Battle, against Marneus Calgar and his Smurfs on turn two. Everybody advanced in the first turn, then rolled nothing but 6's in the second turn for my divine guidanced bolter fire. I think I lost one Rhino and about 5 sisters, at most.

glowing in the dark
16-12-2006, 17:39
Yeah, chaos lord gets 1st turn charge, my terminator command squad including Lysander suffer 2 casualties, they break, they run off.

Don't know why i had Lysander on board?:confused:

tuebor
16-12-2006, 17:42
When I played Sisters I was experimenting with a footslogging list. In a game against Orks my opponent (on first turn, with Big Shootas that hit with every shot) caused exactly 3 casualties in all 5 of my foot Sisters squads, and all of them ran off the table.

Or the time in a tournament against the same Ork player my entire IG army's shooting killed a single Ork in 2 turns. That was wonderful.

Gen_eV
16-12-2006, 18:22
Deathwing versus Deathwing, we decided to deep-strike everything just for a laugh. Except my opponent's one Assault Terminator squad in a Crusader, of course.

My turn two, I drop a pair of assault cannons into range of the Land Raider. Manage to get three sixes with my AP rolls, which wasn't too shabby. Then, I go and roll two ones and a two for the secondary rolls, giving me a lonesome glancing hit, which simply blew off the multi-melta.

Next turn, the raider turns around, dumps the Assault Termies in front of one squad and managed to kill four Terminators from the other squad with a single volley from the Hurricane Bolters, with the assault cannon dealing with the last guy.

Poof goes 570pts of teminators in a single turn. From that game on, my non-flamer Termies have ALL been equipped with Tank Hunters, just in case. Had they had it in that game, the Crusader would've gone boom. Oh well, at least the Deathwing won in the end. (my opponent's of course ;))

The Song of Spears
17-12-2006, 04:12
A guy i was playing had 30 hormagaunts running right at 2 of my IW las plas squads and 6 obliterators. So after a full round of shooting, i had killed all but 12 or so, who then assaulted my obliterators. They got enough wounds to make me roll 5 saves, i failed 3. The oblits kill hormaguant, the gaunts win combat, i am out numbered, being fearless i have to take another save, i fail that one too, 2 dead oblits. Nect round of combat basically the same thing happens, but i dont kill any hormagaunts. They wipe out my oblierators, all 6, i ended up killing a total of 3 hormagaunts, so the 9 or so left continue to massacre my helpless las plas squads nearby, only to be joined by a Hive tyrant, basically showing up late to the show to help mop up what was left...oh yeah and hi 1 venom cannon fex glanded and rolled 6's on the glance chart for my mutated vindicator and my defiler :P it was over by turn 5

Da Reddaneks
17-12-2006, 04:17
i won a game against dark eldar on the first half of turn one.

I got first move. his entire army was in dark eldar raiders. I was playing my badmoonz shooty orks and big shootas blasted every raider he had out of the sky. they crashed, burned and killed most of the passengers on board. after they crashed my few squads that had not fired opened up on passengers climbing out from under the wreckage.

i probably killed 65% of the guys army on my first turn one shooting phase. it was pretty horriable and not a fun game at all.

red_drake
17-12-2006, 05:09
not as bad as the rest but oh well.
it was a kill the hq battle and a full squad od shining spears with farseer and autarch charge a unit of termies, with doom and fortune. they get one wound, its saved, and they get wiped out in combat.

Sarge
17-12-2006, 06:12
THE MIGHTY PACO SLAYS A GREATER DEMON OF KHORNE IN ONE FELL SWOOP! But is executed by a lowly Commissar the next turn. *sigh*

Reflex
17-12-2006, 07:31
how about this for size... 40k game: set up 3 Black templar squads 20 men strong at 6" into deployment each. take 1 casualty from all 3 sqauds, all fail LD 10 test (Marshall), fall back off the table... in a 1500 point game i had 3 of those squads which was a total of 855 odd points... all fall off the table after taking only one castualy from each squad... WTF!!! :wtf:

Fantasy: Goblin army... the whole army falls of the table in turn 1... because a few squads paniced... :wtf:

Wraithbored
17-12-2006, 14:11
This is more to bring up a bad luck topic with set up strategy...

I am playing Iron Warriors, the other guy is playing Eldar(new) and he has a max squad of shining spear with a Autarch on a bike attached to them set up behind a nice big building at the edge of his deployment zone. Next to them he has a max squad of warp spiders.

I win turn 1....

My basilisk aims for the clumped up spiders, gets a HIT, kills 7, they pass the pin test, fail the leadership test, run, run off the board edge they were only 3 inches from....

my obliterators can see three shining spears, they shoot heavy bolters and kill 3. they take a leadership test using the Autarch’s 10 leadership, he rolls a 11 :( , the run off the board edge they were only 3 inches from...

Anyone else had a particular run of bad luck??Well these things happen, hardly your fault now is it? Invite him for a rematch, then go out and have a drink or something, post battle chats are always fun.

I won a game on turn one in fantasy I had high elves he had vampire counts and his general was a fully kitted out monster riding a zombie dragon. I won roll for turn 1. Draw my magic cards the first was Tottal Power and the second banishment. And he didn't have any necromancers...

As for 40k bad luck on my opponents side was 1st turn and both dreads assault cannons jammed, ALL plasma overheated, and every armour save was failed. There was 1/5 of the army less BEFORE i even made 1 single shot.:eyebrows:

hiveminion
17-12-2006, 15:56
I charge my Tyrant and twelve Stealers into a GK Grand Master. They Rend him to bitz. Next turn, my mate rolls a 6 for bionics, Grand Master gets back up again, charges the Tyrant, wounds him, gets slain himself (same I), passes psychic test and drags the Tyrant screaming into the Warp.

I have never seen someone roll a six so many times when he really needed it. Lucky for him, disaster for me (was great fluff-wise though).