PDA

View Full Version : Heroic unit ^_^

Tulun
18-12-2006, 20:06
I recently had a Heroic unit in my game. These threads are fun, so I thought I'd share, and see if anyone would wanna post there's.

My last game was a 1500 point fight vs Orks. First time in the new codex. The objective was to take the enemies chosen building (basically, it was soon becoming clear this was going to be a draw, lol). But, here's what happened:

At the start of my turn, I fortuned my Warp Spiders, and sent them teleport foward into a building, to be able to see Ork Bikes behind his Skorcha. Due to the distance, not all of the could see the 6" through, and I had some poor rolling, and only 3 of the 6 bikes died.

Now, I had to weigh my options. I had a warboss in Mega armor nearby, and a unit of Orks with jump packs close enough as well :) So, I did the crazy... I assaulted the Ork warbike unit.

I got enough in, and I (amazingly) inflicted 3 wounds on the warbikes. They failed all 3 saves, and only the nob and 1 bike were in the kill zone. Then, due to outnumber, I killed the last warbike. I consolidated into the building, awaiting the counter-charge.

The warboss in mega armour stepped out of his trukk, and the Jump Pack Orks jumped to assault me. He chose to punch with his Nob with Power Klaw in the JPO unit, and his Warboss to go last. Now, because of Fortune, I only lost 1 model (the unit was 8-10 strong I think). Now, I proceeded to take the Warboss out of base to base, wasting his attacks. On the counter attack, I killed two Ork jump Pack models. I had won combat. And they BOTH broke. I was able to position myself as well so they'd never regroup.

To recount, at the end of Turn 2 only, my 10 Warp Spiders w/ Exarch had defeated:

A unit of 6 Ork Bikes with Nob and Powerklaw.
An 8-10 unit of jump Pack Orks (Sorry, the name escapes me atm :)) with a power klaw Nob.
A Warboss with Mega armor and Power Klaw.

Oh, and most of it in close combat ^_^.

Justicar_Freezer
18-12-2006, 20:38
I don't if it's heroic or not but I thought it was pretty heroic to picture in my head when it happened.

My gaming group was running a campaign and one of the missions was for the Imperium to hold two bottlenecks. On one table there where the Sisters of battle and the Imperial guard. They where against Iron Warriors and I believe that was it.
On the table I was on there where the Brave and Noble Sons of Russ and my Grey Knight strike force. We where against the Orks. As the game was going the Space Wolves gave me the ranged punch that I needed and I was able to bring the CC goodness.

However about half way through the game the orks where starting to break through our bottleneck. So from up in the orbiting battle barge my grand master readied his retinue and teleported into the breach. There they where assaulted by a unit of slugga boys and the Warboss and his retinue.

A bloody round of combat ensued and thanks to horrible rolling on my opponents part only 3 of my terminators died. I swung back and took down a good chunk of the slugga boys. Come the second round the orks finished off my grand master and retinue or so they had thought. As the warboss began to push past their bodies my Grand master stood up. (I couldn't believe I made my bionics save. It was the only time I've ever rolled that 6) So with the bionic eye and a small portion of his face runied my Grand Master stood up and bellowed a challenage to the warboss.

A great round of combat ensured were the Ork player and I decided that only the wounded Grand Master and the Ork Warboss would fight. The warboss charged in but opted to use his power klaw to try and smush my the resiliant Grand Masters head. However it was to no avail for the Ork Warboss and my Grand Master rained down blows from his force weapon. Two unsaved wounds on the warboss and a succesful leadership test from my Grand Master and the Ork Warboss's head exploded.

Like I said not sure how heroic it was but it was a great scene to vision in my head.

Sarge
18-12-2006, 20:55
ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS PACO! SLAYER OF DEMONS! AND MARTYRED SAINT OF LUSITANIA!

The story of Paco is a simple one, but one worthy of note, for even though his sight was taken from him during his binding with the great God-Emperor, he served the cause as all loyal citizens should. When time came to meet the foul forces upon the stage once again, he was witness with his unseeing eyes to the slaughter of the men before him. Out numbered and outgunned, with reinforcements already engaged, he shouted his war cry, "FOR THE LADY, AND THE EMPEROR!" With Commissar Marco at his back, and Presit Pablo by his side, he and the command unit lead by the heroic Senior Officer Rudolfo, charged the first enemy in sight... a Greater Demon of Khorne! With Force Sword in hand, and a life time's worth of experience earned in many wars before, Paco threw himself at the foul demon, and prevailed!

ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS PACO! SLAYER OF DEMONS! AND MARTYRED SAINT OF LUSITANIA!

Tulun
18-12-2006, 20:59
haha, you had a Sanctioned Psyker with a str 3 Force Weapon kill Bloodthirster? that's hilarious :)

Sarge
18-12-2006, 21:01
Yep v.v sad thing is he got killed by the Commisar the next turn

jma037
18-12-2006, 22:40
I'll shoot him if I was the commissar. This little guy in rags just took down this massive tower of killiness... The commissar is very smart in doing that. I can just imagine. Paco stood above the vanquished daemon...the force weapon lodged deep within the Daemon's skull. There is a strange aura of power surrounding him... The commissar calmly walked to Paco and whispered:"Thank you..." BANG!

Sarge
18-12-2006, 23:33
^^" no, he failed his psychic test to use a power against another unit. Forget which one I rolled, but I was crying when I failed it TT

nightgant98c
19-12-2006, 04:57
I actually don't remember the specifics ( my memory is terrible) but I actually got a special award in a tournament once because my stealth team won close combat three times during the tourney. Always against superior fighters. I felt good about it. Stunned and amazed, but good.

Commissar Bob
19-12-2006, 06:14
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, but for me I have one sergeant in my army that has more then proven himself. Whenever he is the sole survivor of his squad he does great things. All of the following happened when he was the sole survivor of his squad. He shot twice with his laspistol into a squad of raptors who had just butchered his lieutenant and killed 2. (then the others shredded him) He beat an entire termagaunt brood by himself and ran them down after synapse was gone, and he dropped a terminator with one shot to the face. All with just a laspistol and some guts behind it. Since I'm home from college over break he is getting converted to a veteran sergeant with a plasma pistol and carapce armor for his bravery.

Looking forward to being a member of the community,
Commissar Bob

Mr_Smiley
19-12-2006, 06:33
Not overly heroic but I once had my Necron Lord die three times to a Librarian instant killing him and every time he came back to life with his full wound compliment. On the forth turn he finally got to hit the Librarian and promptly cut him in half with his Warscythe.

NightLord
19-12-2006, 07:22
One game when I was new to Tau I had only one Crisis suit left... However, this was the all mighty (Politlically incorrect name) and he was facing off against 15 space marines with true grit frag and krak grenades and a missile launcher. One of the sqauds was 5 with missile the other 10 with nothing.
The all mighty (Politlically incorrect name) decided to fight on alone and took out almost the entire space marine army before be cornered and being killed. However he did learn that he pwns hard core noobs and was resurrected after the game.

Hobgoblyn
19-12-2006, 08:13
I'm not impressed with the Warp Spiders.

Seriously, beating Orks with anything is hardly impressive. Especially something that fires lots of shots and when you are talking about resolving combat by them breaking and you overrunning them with a faster unit.

Orks are so absolutely entirely helpless and pathetic due to the change in the rules and the cheapening of everything else in the game that anyone who knows anything about what they are doing can practically beat them blindfolded with a third of the points (unless they are playing Kult of Speed).

The ONLY thing it would be impressive for you to beat a bunch of Orks, even the WarBoss with might be a unit of Imperial Guards with no heavy weapon or a unit of Gretchin (if you can beat anything with a unit of Gretchin, you deserve an award).

SuperMitch
19-12-2006, 08:26
In one game my canoness was travelling up the board with a unit of seraphim to stay nice and untargetable. They get close to the space wolves line, and the seraphim assault left at some bikes while the canoness assaults straight ahead towards a squad of long fangs in some rocks. Seraphim get into cc just fine, but the canoness fails to assault the 6 inches she needs to get through difficult terrain. Since the rest of my army was hanging back and the long fangs were near the back of the wolf pack, my canoness was stuck in a literal circle of enemies, all of whom had her as closest target. She got shot at by a hellfire dread (las/missile), 3 longfangs with lascannons, a librarian, a predator (stationary) with twin las/las sponsons, and an entire squad of blood claws. Thanks to her unshakeable faith in the emperor and her holy Cloak of St. Aspira, she survived the entire round of shooting without taking a single wound. On her turn, she charged the blood claws from behind, killing one with her plasma pistol and another in h2h, causing the entire squad to rout only to have her cut them down completely with a sweeping advance. She consolidates into the librarian, which she then kills in the next turn once again in hand to hand. However, in a flourish of poetic justice, on the very last turn of the game when all my opponent has left is a single long fang and a squad of grey hunters on the other side of the board holding an objective, he opens up with the single fang's lascannon against the canoness, hitting, wounding, and watching her finally fail her 2+ invulnerable save to get instakilled. Crazytastic.

Farseer
19-12-2006, 08:34
I hade a few heroes :

First, Guardian team killed slaneesh DP in close combat...took all 4 wounds :D

second, Eldrad Ulthran and his 3+ reroll got past 15 lascannon shots, 36 Heavy bolter shots, 24 assault cannon shots and about 5-6 missile shots...and won the game with all 3 wounds :D that was pretty brutal.

third, but the funniest : my anti heroes. In a turny here, I played against IG. This was my last game with 3rd ed. Eldar codex, and I hade an 800 point Seer Council. In the first turn, a griffon mortar shot them, and I was 10,5" from the table edge....naturally I throw 11 :)

Onisuzume
19-12-2006, 08:52
Can't really call this heroic since the 'nids ain't exactly heroic to begin with but...

Imagine a ticked-off hive tyrant in a 1000 point battle against marines.
After seeing his fellow broods being blown apart by the marines, as well as being wounded thrice by melta weapons herself, the hive tyrant went berserk.
It changed, and destroyed a Land Speeder, it routed an Bike Squad with attack bike (they ran off the table), annihilated an assault squad, chaplain, as well as 2 tactical squads. (about 775 points total)
And it ended up being the last model on the table, and well past the 6th turn.

Reflex
19-12-2006, 11:47
well heroic can also be death right, they died heroicly, in the face of danger.. as the defenition of hero is self sacrifice (in a nut shell) this falls into it.

ok, i was playing a stupid game where i had 150 conscripts with 15 flamers... (3 units of 50)

so they are all running down the board and by turn 3 they are all still there, the Tau player ignors them as they are "a usless threat.. " her words, not mine...

then they get into range of almost all her Tau army, they kill 24 fire warriors and 3 battle suits.

ok Tau turn 4... 3 rail head shots V's clumped up guard, then how ever many shots from all these other units means that my 150 conscripts squad is reduced to 3 men from 1 squad...

what do i roll.. SNAKE EYE's!!!

so there is 2 lasguns'ers and a flamer.. amazingly they run forward, the flamer kills 7 kroot, they charge the 4 remaining kroot, they all survive the combat, and kill the kroot... they consolidate behind cover where they stay for the rest of the game...

now i know they all didnt die, but i could'nt sacrifice my 3 conscript veterans... after an awsome record like that...

god bless conscripts... they are so meat shieldy... so foddery for the cannon.. so.. fun to watch die pointlessly and see a huge pile of dead guard bodies.. (i'm sick...)

Nebėhr Gudahtt
19-12-2006, 13:27
I hid three Guardians kill a Lictor in close combat once, and in my last game a lone Warlock took the last wound of a Hive Tyrant (although he was eaten by a Genestealer immediately afterwards).

In a game of Warhammer Fantasy I once had a five-strong unit of Furies scare away 700 points of Dwarfs. The Furies charge a cannon on the second turn, no casualties on either side, and the crew break due to outnumbered by fear-causing enemy, and a two 20-strong units, one of Ironbreakers and one of Warriors, panic and flee off the table.

Sarge
19-12-2006, 13:44
In one game my canoness was travelling up the board with a unit of seraphim to stay nice and untargetable. They get close to the space wolves line, and the seraphim assault left at some bikes while the canoness assaults straight ahead towards a squad of long fangs in some rocks. Seraphim get into cc just fine, but the canoness fails to assault the 6 inches she needs to get through difficult terrain. Since the rest of my army was hanging back and the long fangs were near the back of the wolf pack, my canoness was stuck in a literal circle of enemies, all of whom had her as closest target. She got shot at by a hellfire dread (las/missile), 3 longfangs with lascannons, a librarian, a predator (stationary) with twin las/las sponsons, and an entire squad of blood claws. Thanks to her unshakeable faith in the emperor and her holy Cloak of St. Aspira, she survived the entire round of shooting without taking a single wound. On her turn, she charged the blood claws from behind, killing one with her plasma pistol and another in h2h, causing the entire squad to rout only to have her cut them down completely with a sweeping advance. She consolidates into the librarian, which she then kills in the next turn once again in hand to hand. However, in a flourish of poetic justice, on the very last turn of the game when all my opponent has left is a single long fang and a squad of grey hunters on the other side of the board holding an objective, he opens up with the single fang's lascannon against the canoness, hitting, wounding, and watching her finally fail her 2+ invulnerable save to get instakilled. Crazytastic.

I think you should cannonize her as your army's first Hieromartyr! Just like I did with Paco.

Brother_Falco
19-12-2006, 18:03
My librarian's familiar offed my flatmate's warboss in CC, causing me to say I'd upgrade him to having limbs and the like (he was just a servo-skull.)
Unfortunately that upset him so much he's never achieved anything again, other than to soak up a wound.

Nurgles Chosen
19-12-2006, 20:16
Just last night actually I had 2 units of mine do some impressive stuff.

Let me set the stage for you. Ultramarines and Dark Angels going up against Death Guard and World Eaters. Myself playing the ultras.

2 land speeders proceeded to wipe their side of the battlefield clean due to amazing shooting. A whole unit of berzerkers, most of a unit of plague marines, and a defiler fell to them.

Then on the other side, after seeing my command squad trapped in their rhino and destroyed due to a lack of exits not covered my the enemy. My venerable dread promptly ran up and engaged a khornate daemon prince in close quarters. The prince stunned him, but failed to do anything else with the rest of his 7 attacks. To which my dread hit him with all of his attacks and wounded with all of them as well, obviousely upset at being hit by such scum. The prince only failed 1 invul but that was all that was needed to be cut clean in half.

Overlord Krycis
19-12-2006, 20:35
Not sure if this is heroic or just really lucky

My Broadside Unit...

They survived the combined fire of 2 Space Marines armies (about 6000pts)practically every turn and proceded to destroy EVER Vehicle in both opponents armies...then started on BOTH opponent's terminators killing every one of them while they advanced menacingly towards me.
they ended up being one of two things I had left (the other being my Ionhead).
I love Shield generators and Drones...:D

shveen
19-12-2006, 20:53
Veteran Sergeant of my Tac Squad. In one game he killed:

1 Dreadnought
A techmarine
10 Marines
and a Predator

He now is an uber killy bloke with a PW and Pf and Artificer armour. He kicks ass.

shveen

crashbang
19-12-2006, 21:25
well, lets think of some heroic circumstances

*my hormagaunts wiped out a terminator unit abd its librarian by themselves with no help from stealers or monstraous creatures or anything. then there were about 40 of them...nope that dosnt count does it

*my hive tyrant blew its own head off with a warp blast...died heroically?

*a termagaunt of mine survived for two turns against a chaos marine squad armed for combat.

er....

*some enemy firewarriors once fought of my hormagaunt unit...nope thats bad too...

*AH! got one. a genestealer of mine with implant attack destroyed....wait for it...old one eye, a carnifex, and then a hivetyrant in an unstoppable tide of destruction. heh...tho fluff wise thats bad...but ah well.

*red terror heroically chomped on a librarian after it used veil of time and realised that his force weapon didnt work...librarian got made into psychic soup heh

*my broodlord killed stuff once a long time ago... that is GOOD

so there we have it. nids dont make good heroes