PDA

View Full Version : Empire questions.

RobbiP
20-12-2006, 03:04
I'm curious regarding Empire to what new changes it'll bring to tourneys as well as when its models and all that fun stuff will be released... therefore I've got a fair bit of questions to ask you guys regarding the Empire..

1) Is the stank getting a new model? I hear rumours that they are/aren't and just want to confirm. If it IS going to made a new model, when will it be released?

2) The new flaggelant models.. what sized squads will they be in? Plastic or metal? Also, when will they be released?

3) What kind of army lists do you think are going to be predominant (a.k.a. really good)? Gunline/stank? Mass priest/flaggies?

4) Did engineer finally get better? Steampunk armies look neato but I'd only make one if the mass engineers I'd have would be worth it

Anyways that's all the questions for now... sorry if some are already answered
/Rob

Grand Warlord
20-12-2006, 09:16
dont know about questions 1 or 2, but I honestly think they army book will play to all styles ... all the infantry units have become cheaper so that is awesome for my style ... but I could also see Gunlines being still around.

question 4 is really a matter of taste whether or not you will like the engineers, they have some nice new gadgets but other than that (after a quick read thru of the new army book) i dont see much different.

Legendary MiniB
28-07-2010, 21:53
wam bam thank you mam

Commodus Leitdorf
28-07-2010, 22:04
The Stank and Flaggies each got new minis last edition, so it's unlikely new models for them will pop up anytime soon

Most army lists I see are Arch Lector, lvl4 wizard and a BSB will atleast 2 blocks of troops of around 30-40, a unit of knights or two for flavour and Artillery favoring template weapons but mixed with good old Cannons as well.

With the Army book Errata for 8th edition the Engineer got the ability he should of had when the book first came out. Artillery within 3 inches of him can re-roll an artillery or scatter dice. Coupled with the fact slots are gone and he doesn't cost all that much hes now become worth it especially given how good our artillery got with the new rules.

Anyway, hope that answers your questions

Dejay
28-07-2010, 22:10
This is a year and a half old..

Odominus
29-07-2010, 01:36
lol threadomancy