PDA

View Full Version : What to do with this part?

xibo
20-12-2006, 12:04
Hi

I recently bought an arvus lighter from forgeworld which arrived yesterday. I then started to construct it when i noticed this on the backside of the right engine.
http://home.arcor.de/alonsoschaich/pics/DSC00216.JPG
Those Sourcerors are for size comparisation: the right hole is big enough to put an infantrists' torso in it...
I'm wondering what I shall do with this part?

Osbad
20-12-2006, 12:05
Ring up and complain. They should send you a replacement!

marv335
20-12-2006, 12:11
are the areas of void covered by any other parts of the model?
from the lack of detail in those areas i'd say they were.
fill the holes with green stuff and ignore.
easiest way.

Lostanddamned
20-12-2006, 12:12
Tell Forge World - they may send you a replacement. Then you can fill the gaps with GS and have two for the price of one.

xibo
20-12-2006, 12:16
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Imperial Navy/Arvus Lighter/al18.jpg
The upper ( left on my image ) hole will be mostly obscured by the engine's exhaust. The lower ( right ) one will, however be visible.

Tell Forge World - they may send you a replacement. Then you can fill the gaps with GS and have two for the price of one.
... I don't need a second one. I need one that's ok o_O

Jedi152
20-12-2006, 12:17
Seriously, complain. They'll probably give you a whole new ship.

Andy_The_Nerd
20-12-2006, 12:18
I would tell FW, they are some big holes!

Lostanddamned
20-12-2006, 12:23
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Imperial Navy/Arvus Lighter/al18.jpg
The upper ( left on my image ) hole will be mostly obscured by the engine's exhaust. The lower ( right ) one will, however be visible.

... I don't need a second one. I need one that's ok o_O

That is one hell of a hole.

But tell FW if they give you a whole new ship I'll buy the buggered one off you for 25

OT this whole topic makes me think "Tell Jabba, He May Only Take Your Ship"

cookiescrumble
20-12-2006, 12:24
Phone FW (don't email), they should then send the bit out straight away. I have had several problems with various FW kits and have all been solved with a quick Phone call. They will probably just send the mis-cast piece.

Forbiddenknowledge
20-12-2006, 12:39
To be honest, just fill it with GS. Its only a whole, not a warping of the parts, and this happens with FW. The price you pay for better sculpted models.

Voronwe[MQ]
20-12-2006, 13:35
Complain might be a bit too strong a word. It actually is only a case about phoning them and telling the support group that your ordered Arvus Lighter's right engine has two holes and as such yoo ask when they can replace it.

I voted 'complain at FW', but filling the holes is actually rather simple, since no corners or edges is missing.

Voronwe

Jedi152
20-12-2006, 13:36
To be honest, just fill it with GS. Its only a whole, not a warping of the parts, and this happens with FW. The price you pay for better sculpted models.
At the price they cost, i'd want them perfect.

gLOBS
20-12-2006, 14:47
I'd complain to forgeworld to get a new part/model then turn that into wreckage or another model.

Luke
20-12-2006, 15:07
Get them on the blower and tell them what happened. They will be more than happy to send you out a replacement part. I pretty much got a whole new griffon tank after the first one they sent me came snapped into pieces.

Forbiddenknowledge
20-12-2006, 15:11
But, Luke, your tank was properly damaged.

Hell, theres even a bit on the website that states due to the cast process this may happen, and how to fix it.

If it was a case of it couldn't be filled, there was damage to the edges/massive warping, yeah, complain. As it is, its easier just to fill them.

Luke
20-12-2006, 15:12
Seriously, just phone up and complain.

Slaaneshi Slave
20-12-2006, 15:27
A friend of mine got a whole new Baneblade because of a missing piece. I would probably just greenstuff that whole though, or if you're feeling adventurous, paint scorch marks around it and call it battle damage. :p

TheSanityAssassin
20-12-2006, 15:29
I think complain is too harsh a word, but for the cost of the stuff, they should have some quality control not letting that kind of thing happen.

Just be honest...or lie i guess...that you don't want to chance filling it with greenstuff, because its an expensive model and you're worried about wrecking it.