PDA

View Full Version : Does it bother O&G players

gorenut
21-12-2006, 07:46
that the Orc regiment doesn't come with any axes? I dunno, personally axes aesthetically just scream orcy. Don't get me wrong, I think the models themselves look cool, but the weapons are just very bleh. This is where I think the 40k Ork set did a better job (though you really can't beat the 19 in a box with a big boss included).

Iron Buddha
21-12-2006, 11:46
well, you could beat it with 20+ a big boss :angel:

Castigator
21-12-2006, 13:23
I dunno, personally axes aesthetically just scream orcy.

I dunno, personally axes aesthetically just scream lumberjack..

..or norseman at best (cutting trees for those longboat I s'pose).

I'm fine with axe-free orcs.

Braad
21-12-2006, 13:26
The axe effect...

But if you miss them, you can always convert. Mailorder some loose sprues or something...
Ow, and I think 19 in a box is a really odd number. 20 would be better :)

Rikkjourd
21-12-2006, 13:29
Correct me if I am wrong, but could you not just buy one box of orcs and one box of orks and get some extra bases? Then you could use the 40k axes.

Inkosi
21-12-2006, 14:37
The Topic would be more Appropriate if it is :

"Does it bother Chaos Mortals Players"

Orcs have the choppas, good enough i say.

I have enough of seeing my khorne knights carrying mundane hand-weapons. hey getting those extra weapons to convert means buying an additional box and its hard-earned money ok.

Rikkjourd
21-12-2006, 15:47
hey getting those extra weapons to convert means buying an additional box and its hard-earned money ok.

I meant that you could build the 40k orks into fantasy too, just losing a total of 3 orcs of course.

BlackJuju
21-12-2006, 17:17
The Topic would be more Appropriate if it is :

"Does it bother Chaos Mortals Players"

Orcs have the choppas, good enough i say.

I have enough of seeing my khorne knights carrying mundane hand-weapons. hey getting those extra weapons to convert means buying an additional box and its hard-earned money ok.
Amen to that even if Im a Slaaneshi player. The real problem in all fantasy armies (same with 40k ones to be fair) is the limited options in weapons.
That is what it bothers me. And no axe weapons dosent remind me lumberjack.:cheese:

Warhammer Dude
21-12-2006, 17:51
that the Orc regiment doesn't come with any axes? I dunno, personally axes aesthetically just scream orcy. Don't get me wrong, I think the models themselves look cool, but the weapons are just very bleh. This is where I think the 40k Ork set did a better job (though you really can't beat the 19 in a box with a big boss included).

I'm not a choppa fan either. I agree. For me it's axes or spears.

Bortus
21-12-2006, 17:57
You get one left handed axe per command sprue and I wish they came with more!

greenskin
21-12-2006, 18:11
Funny. It didn't bother me until you mentioned it. Axes are surely orcy. This is evident since the great weapon of choice for Warbosses and Big Bosses is the great axe. In addition, most of the Orc special characters in the army book are pictured wielding axes.

Perhaps they didn't include axes in the Orc Boyz boxes so that characters with great axes would stand out.

Braad
21-12-2006, 19:12
That's some good idea. Buying a box of 40k orks as conversion material...
Anyway, if you want a good looking army you shouldn't be shy of spending a little (or a lot...) money on stuff for conversions. At least IMHO...

And if you want additional axes for your khorne knights, they can also come by mail order, and that will be a lot cheaper than a whole box. Then again, you need a store where you can mailorder, and they are not everywhere. Or you can call those guys too, I think...

vampires are cool!
21-12-2006, 19:44
i played orcs a while back - quite cos i needed cash for khorne marines - but it never bothered me. but then all my orcs had the crap converted out of them

The Dark One
21-12-2006, 21:25
i can live with out axes as long as they have something that can be called a choppa

gORCUS
21-12-2006, 22:43
I mixed a box of Orks with a box of Orcs and it worked pretty damn well, I've got a bigger variety of parts (including axes) and its about the simplest form of conversion, and pricewise its about the same as two boxes of orcs.

gjnoronh
21-12-2006, 23:36
Interesting can you share pictures? I love interconvertable plastics!

zak
22-12-2006, 00:04
I can honestly say that it has never bothered me. I like axes, but with the new rules for choppas anything large and nasty looking will do. I don't think axe=orc so I'm very much unbothered!

gORCUS
22-12-2006, 05:02
Here is the front rank of the unit that is going to be armed with hand weapons and shields. You can see bitz from both orks and orcs (someday I may even paint them).:D
Oh, and of course the axes are there too.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o143/jgolke/DSC00757.jpg

Krud
22-12-2006, 06:17
I guess the lack of axes in the sprues does bug me, now that I think about it. But meh, I think all of the different choppas look a bit more "orcy"

Braad
22-12-2006, 12:02
Say, those space ork bodies, do they have a lot of things like bullets and that kind of stuff on them? I couldn't see any on spruepictures, but then again, they were not that clear...

MadJackMcJack
22-12-2006, 14:22
Not really. In fact, I kinda prefer the big-piece-of-barely-shaped-metal look the weapons in the box have.

And no, 40K ork bodies have nothing techy on them. In fact, the only non-interchangable part is the slugga and shoota arms (the shoota arms have the trigger grip on them)

Lady's Champion
22-12-2006, 14:46
Strangely all of my plastic Orcs have axes so I am now very confused... don't yours?!?!