PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld out of China?

Fusion
21-12-2006, 22:37
Hey guys,

Just something I read over here - http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28818

I was wondering if there's anything on forgeworld boxes/bags etc that shows the place of manufacture? I've never bought FW stuff, and to be honest if it did come out of China, I would still buy it, I'm just curious, that's all.

Cheers,

Tom

blackdog
22-12-2006, 01:01
Forgeworld stuff is manufactured in England.

Norminator
22-12-2006, 01:41
It's all manufactured on site in Nottingham.

Edit: Just read that thread you posted. I'm not very knowledgable on the subject but to me it seems like a complete load of ********. I'm pretty sure that all Gamesworkshop stuff sold is made in either Nottingham or their plant in Baltimore.

Lord Martel
22-12-2006, 04:17
The Codexs are being printed in China now.

t-tauri
22-12-2006, 06:56
I think as Lord Martel says some printing is occuring in China. As far as I know all the Forgeworld casting is still carried out in the UK. It's too fiddly, skilled and low run to outsource to China I'd have thought. That thread has nothing credible in it. It's second hand hearsay.

Norminator
22-12-2006, 11:07
It did strike me a bit as a 'I heard from a friend of a friend' sort of thing.

Lord Martel
22-12-2006, 20:14
When 4th Ed came out a friend of mine (whos a red shirt) was unpacking some models that were pre painted. Nids and some red marines for the demo games. The clear plastic wrapers they came in clearly had "made in China" printed on them. We may see more of this in the futrue, howerver The FW stuff is way to complex to outsource at this point.

mattjgilbert
22-12-2006, 20:20
I guess some of the click-together kits or more mass produced stuff may find it's way to China. However, I cannot see GW doing it en mass in the short term - they have invested way too much in the plastic design and manufacturing processes in the UK to ship it all out East. Publishing books I can see - that can be done anywhere so do it where it's cheapest.

Norminator
22-12-2006, 20:22
To quote from the games workshop corporate website;

Our business is about helping mighty armies to meet headlong on the field of battle. At our HQ in Nottingham, in the UK, we design, manufacture and retail the vast range of Citadel Miniatures plastic and metal soldiers and rulebooks, which are the foundation of an almost infinite hobby. The UK manufacturing operation in Nottingham is complemented by a production facility at our despatch warehouse in Memphis, TN, USA.

http://investor.games-workshop.com/about/default.htm