PDA

View Full Version : Which Craftworld?

Messiah
23-12-2006, 00:17
So, Im finally starting the Eldar, but Ive not decided which Craftworld to use. I was originally going to use the Kaelor craftworld, mainly because their colourscheme is red, white and gold, and because I want a unifying colour on my aspect warriors, I figured I could paint their left arms red and get away with it as their name is kinda like Kaela (Khaines first name)..

But after reading the fluff on them, Im starting to doubt..

Thing is, the army I want is Aspect heavy, and Biel-Tan is more the way to go. Problem with Biel-Tan is that I cant really have a reason to paint their arm white, and I dont think it looks as good.

On the other hand, I could go with Lugganath, who have nearly the same scheme as Kaelor, and have close ties with the Harlequins, which could explain why they show up for every battle.. ;)

So, some input please. :)

Messiah
23-12-2006, 00:23
Och and pictures:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/eldar/extras/craftworlds/images/models/lugganath.jpg
Lugganath

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/eldar/extras/craftworlds/images/models/bieltan.jpg
Biel-Tan

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/eldar/extras/craftworlds/images/models/altansar.jpg
(more or less) Kaelor

slasher
23-12-2006, 00:31
IIRC didn't the old craftworld codex say that ALL the craftworlds at some point used a force that looked like that of another (their army list). So by that couldn't you paint them how you like and then field them saying that its a sepecific (sp?) task force?

ReDavide
23-12-2006, 01:27
You can't give us "Arrr Pirates" as a poll option and expect to gain any useful insight from the votes. :p

Honestly, go with whatever combination of color scheme & army composition you like. I'm not up to speed on Kaelor's background, but Aspect-heavy armies are easy to justify fluffwise for any of the Big Five - those craftworlds who are known for non-aspect troops only include the non-aspects because all their aspect warriors are already out fighting battles.

Even if Kaelor is the Engines of Vaul craftworld, all you have to do is get yourself a Scorpion MkII to watch over your battles for you. :)

Icarus
23-12-2006, 03:09
i voted use the kaelor, by which I mean make them whatever you damn well like. There's no point having an army that you're not comfortable with or dont enjoy.

Theres no reason you can't have a Kaelor army with plenty of Aspect Warriors. I play Ulthwe and I still throw quite a few in. Aspect Warriors are the main aspects of any Eldar army. They're supposed to be there ;)

Xarian
23-12-2006, 06:39
Space pirates all the way.

fwacho
23-12-2006, 08:20
I suggest beil tan COLOR Scheme... so you can get models of ebay easier...

however... the longer I play eldar the closer I get to a Sam Hain army composition. there's nothign quite like the trhill of being any where on the board you want to be.

Rlyehable
23-12-2006, 10:46
Make your own Craftworld.
That way you don't have to justify the color scheme or composition of your force.
Also, you can have the backstory (fluff) that you want.

davidvonhauser
23-12-2006, 11:22
Arrrr...

:skull:

Shadow Lord
23-12-2006, 12:26
I voted Lugganath: close ties with Harlequins make up for some great fluff-stories and army-composition!

Messiah
23-12-2006, 18:45
You can't give us "Arrr Pirates" as a poll option and expect to gain any useful insight from the votes. :p

It was mostly for the lurkers.. God knows they dont get enough attention nowadays.. ;)

Even if Kaelor is the Engines of Vaul craftworld, all you have to do is get yourself a Scorpion MkII to watch over your battles for you. :)

Problem is, Kaelor have had several different backgrounds, one of them stating that Kaelor have a host of guardians protected by Warp Spiders..

Anyway, I can always go with renegades from Kaelor. (i.e. Pirates.. ;))

Lord Marshal Reinhard
23-12-2006, 20:39
Here's an idea: make them mercenaries on Kaelor's payroll. Not that it needs be money. Anything goes, old debts, vows common enmities, whatever. Then the color scheme becomes the unified heraldry of said mercenary Aspect Warriors, the white armband links them to craftworld Kaelor...

Ultimately, it's your army. So paint it however you want. No one may presume to tell you what's right or wrong about it.

Happy painting ;)

Vandur Last
23-12-2006, 21:47
Pirates. Definitely pirates. or maybe Ninjas.

actually if youre up for some conversion work you could do Ninja-Pirates !!!!