PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use Felix and Gortrek in their armies?

gorenut
23-12-2006, 02:46
I'm thinking of using it for my Empire army just for fun. How'd they do?

On a side note: Would you guys rather take Felix and Gotrek or Beorg Bearstruck and a squad of norsemen?

EDIT: I meant to say Gotrek

logres
23-12-2006, 18:07
I really think that G&F are batter. minis are nice and ale the fluff thing..

exsulis
23-12-2006, 22:00
It depends on who your fighting against. If it was undead I'd go with Whilem, and Johan the undead killing duo but other than that I prefer Gotrek, and Felix.

the anti santa
24-12-2006, 11:52
They could do well in a shooty emipire army that forces your opponemt to come to you, otherwise with Gotreks Move of 3" it'll be turn 4 at the earliest you are in combat and they will get shot up pretty badly.

Against Chaos or Ogres Gotrek's axe would o some major damage, it'd just a bit of a shame that it really doesn't follow the fluff anymore.

*Remembers the lovely 4th edition version of his axe*

gorenut
24-12-2006, 19:26
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll convert them up just for fun. Sometimes we play 2.5k games where 2k of the army has to strictly follow the org chart, but we're allowed to tack on an additional 500 pts of anything you want from any army as long as its feasible in fluff (like allies).

Bregalad
24-12-2006, 19:36
If you are talking about the special edition minis of G&F, they seem to be 40mm scale instead of 28mm heroic. German GW said that you can't use them because of their different scale. But I have not seen them in person.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
24-12-2006, 23:50
Pfff. German GW WOULD say that, those bastards. Haven't they ever seen giant dwarfs?

gorenut
25-12-2006, 00:06
If you are talking about the special edition minis of G&F, they seem to be 40mm scale instead of 28mm heroic. German GW said that you can't use them because of their different scale. But I have not seen them in person.

No, I'm scratch building them. Gotrek will be either the dwarf model from Avatar of War or converted doomseeker.

Felix will be done with Empire and Bret bits.

Neesh
25-12-2006, 00:39
I've used the duo on two seperate occasions. Once it was during a tournament and everybody kept their distance from the duo. The second time was against a proud Brettonian who sent as many peasants as he could against them, all killed, along with the general. So all in all they are killer, as long as they get into combat :)