PDA

View Full Version : Chain Weapons

xibo
01-01-2007, 19:00
I am just building me a sanctioned psiker, and I was thinking about different kinds of close combat weapons, to decide which one would fit best. The problem is that swords/halberts/spears are already defined in the 41st century and I don't want to tell everybody that that 'power'-sword is just a 'generic ccw'. So I came to the Idea of giving him a scythe... a ... chainscythe!
I mean, I can't imagine a chainsaw is a better CCW than a real sword ( even if it's not 'power'-ed or 'force'-ed ), but in the 41st millenium every CC trooper is totally mad for chainsaws ( unless he can get powerweapons )... as you can ( or at least once could ) even 'parry' chainsword flourishes with chainswords?!

Well let me see... I can remember having seen Chainswords, Big Chainsaws( Eviscerators ), Chain-Naginatas(Witchhunter retuine in WD), Chain-Bayonnets(Chaos Terminators), Chain-Dreadnaught-CCW(Forgeworld), Chainfists and Chainaxes(Khorne, Choppaz)... I'm wondering what any of you has already converted to a chainweapon.

Lord Malek The Red Knight
01-01-2007, 20:17
So I came to the Idea of giving him a scythe... a ... chainscythe!... I'm wondering what any of you has already converted to a chainweapon.
like this (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947059915001&orignav=300808)?
;)

~ Tim

EVIL INC
01-01-2007, 20:25
This would be better off in the modeling section.
The example given is a good one. I presonally dont like is so much though because it looks too much like a chainsword on a pole to me. I prefer the more classical one which is much more curved. One could fairly easily be converted from one of those taken out of the undead section of fantasy. just a matter of notching the blade, adding a slim strip of green stuff to bulk out the body of the blade and hide that it is just notched out and add on a power source to make it properly sci-fi looking.
Either way, good luck. Sometimes I too find the sword sword sword sword to be boring and enjoy seeing new weapons used. At first, I had thought an actual chain chain weapon like a flail or morningstar. lol

susu.exp
01-01-2007, 20:46
http://www.carnage-events.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=37
Scroll down to the last report and see my DG commanders Manreaper - A chain-flail.

Kjell
01-01-2007, 21:06
Something I have never seen is a chain-hammer. Join two chain-axe heads together side by side, and presto! Chain-hammer.

MrBigMr
01-01-2007, 21:19
-Chain pocket knife. I remember a friend having one of these with his Admech character in Inquisitor.
-Chain whip.
-Chain brass knuckles.
-Chain digi weapon. A chain weapon on a ring.

Feor
01-01-2007, 21:34
Chain-chuks? (and yes, I do read 8-bit theater)

two handles with a semi-long piece of chainsaw chain looping through both handles (so you'd get two chains running between the handles. Swing it so it wraps around your enemy, catch the second handle, and start it running.

Frodo34x
01-01-2007, 23:09
I am just building me a sanctioned psiker, and I was thinking about different kinds of close combat weapons, to decide which one would fit best. The problem is that swords/halberts/spears are already defined in the 41st century and I don't want to tell everybody that that 'power'-sword is just a 'generic ccw'. So I came to the Idea of giving him a scythe... a ... chainscythe!
I mean, I can't imagine a chainsaw is a better CCW than a real sword
Unless said chain weapon has it's teeth made out of the teeth of Krakens, thus granting the Wolf Lord holding it +1S...